[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17
File: image.png (1 MB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 780x780
Wagies, let me ask you a real question: what's the point of working (I know money but why do you want money)? Is it to be happy off the clock?

Couldn't you do that while poorer? I mean 8 hours a day + commute + getting ready + work at home

Wouldn't you be happier making less and doing more?

Remember, you can quit any time
>>
I am currently unemployed and I don't leave the house. I have too much time on my hands and I don't know what to do with it, so I'm getting a job soon.
>>
It's only worth working if you have very high earning potential.

I don't, hence NEET life baby.
>>
>Just quit
Holy shit anon how come nobody has ever thought of this genius idea?
Nobody wants to work you autist.
I would be homeless without a job.

/thread
>>
>>27853677
That's pretty pathetic, do you not have any hobbies? I've never understood this attitude. I can probably list like a hundred things I'd rather do than work
>>
>>27853752

>I would be homeless without a job

Wait, you didn't seriously believe everything your parents and teachers told you when you were growing up, did you? Nobody's homeless unless they choose to be (usually because they're mentally ill and don't want to be tied down to one place). If you stop working you'll just get money, food, and shelter from the government and/or local churches and other charitable organizations.
>>
>>27853626
Can anyone in the USA tell me how much they get every month in government assistance? I'm interested in going on welfare
>>
Dad won't tolerate me not working. But I'm moving back with mommy when college is over and I think she won't care as much desu. Once I have my degree I will hopefully have the NEETlyfe.
>>
>>27853962
Depends on what you get. I think ssi gives around 400-700 but ssdi gives more. I too am interested.
>>
>>27853960
I'm white, single, no kids and able-bodied so no assistance. Both of my parents are dead and I my remaining family doesn't communicate with me. Last time I was laid off guess what? When my savings ran out I was homeless. I'd rather work a shitty job then go cry to a church or whatever you are suggesting.

Not everyone has it easy like you.
>>
>>27853960
You're a fucking retard and I hope mommy grows some tits and kicks you out soon
>>
>>27853626
Life is not all about happiness in this moment. When I'm 70 and looking around, I will be glad I gave up temporary happiness earlier. I didn't have rich parents, they got divorced when I was 5. My family is not the kind of family I want my children raised in. My goal in life is to have a child and raise them properly. In order to do this I need to have a wife who is a great mother. In order to get one of those I need a job that can provide a good level of income. Once I start getting that income, I need to save some of it for my child's future expenses and the cost of raising a child/maintaining a family to support and nurture that child.

I work so that I can be the head of a new, successful family. I am going to make the family I always wanted with hard work. I work so that I can have the life I want which involves material things and comforts afforded by money.

But by all means, when you're 70 looking back on your life, please let me know if it worked out better for you to never work. I'd love to see how your children turned out. I'd love to see your wife and the love you share. I'd love to see your house with a deck where you can read a book with a cold drink enjoying the summer sun.
>>
>>27854046
Same fucking boat man. 22, White, single, parents dead, need a job to not be homeless. Why don't NEETs understand were not all autistic and qualify for NEETBUX?
>>
>>27853962
>>27853996
You faggots will never get SSI or SSDI so it's not worth discussing. If you live in a very liberal state you can get 203 a month if a doctor finds you unable to work, and MAYBE 180 in food stamps a month for up to 3 months. Get a job kids
>>
>>27853626
>has a mansion with a lambo, a pile of money and an old iPhone in the driveway

Must be one of those "refugees" living in Germany
>>
>>27854072
Not everyone cares about raising a family, and simply owning a deck doesn't make the experience if reading outside any better. Your heart is in the right place but relax nigga.
>>
>>27853911
I don't really have any hobbies. I actually posted a thread a few hours ago asking if anyone knew of some fun things I could do on my own since I dropped out and no one responded. I don't really have much else to do so I'm waiting to find work and start school again.
>>
>>27854099

The thing is you can't even live off autismbux. All these neets are supported by someone - usually mommy.

>>27854107
>>27854107
ding ding ding. Try using that to pay rent + food + amenities that allow you to visit r9k. Mommy's tit tastes good doesn't it.
>>
>>27853626
The point of working for me is doing what I love. There is no better feeling than working on jets and knowing its flying because you fixed it.
>>
File: disgusting.png (168 KB, 407x379) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
168 KB, 407x379
>>27853626
Even if I qualified for welfare, I prefer a standard of living higher than what I'd have without working. I have a luxury apartment in the city with endless disposable income for alcohol and good food. And when I find girls, I can bring them somewhere respectable to fuck them. Let's kill this neet meme please.
>>
File: wojak living the dream.png (114 KB, 1448x828) Image search: [Google]
wojak living the dream.png
114 KB, 1448x828
>>27853626
I haven't worked in over two years and I've never been more miserable.

Playing video games, watching TV and movies, sleeping in until noon, those things are only fun because you get to do them occasionally. They have more value and you derive more pleasure out of them.
It's the same thing with eating dessert. Eating a slice of cake after a meal is great because you get than moderate portion of sweetness after a healthy & savoury full meal.

Eating cake all day every day isn't fun. Look at one of those 600lbs reality TV shows where people weigh 600+lbs and they have family memebers who enable them by buying them whatever they want and they're eating all that they want all day long and they're absolutely god damn miserable.
>>
>>27854046

>my remaining family doesn't communicate with me

And whose fault is that, wagie?
>>
>>27854173

>alcohol
>girls

Please, continue to work to fund my NEET lifestyle. You don't deserve the NEET life.
>>
>>27854185
Why do you assume it's his fault? Maybe they are cunts
>>
>>27854172

>There is no better feeling than working on jets and knowing its flying because you fixed it.

You'll probably get bored of that eventually and will end up needing to sabotage jets to get the even greater high of knowing people died because you fixed it.
>>
File: wiggle.gif (647 KB, 450x660) Image search: [Google]
wiggle.gif
647 KB, 450x660
>>27853626
because i want to someday have my own family and provide for them. so i want to move up the ladder now , that way when i have kids i can care for them

i started at 40/k a year out of college, im 26 and made 70k last year.
>>
>>27853960

What happens when everyone starts doing that though? If no one works, how do you get neetbux?
>>
>>27854185
The deep-seated NEET rage is rising. I can feel it.

Srsly though NEETfriend, you can get a job. There's all different kinds, you just have to think of one you'd like and not be scared to get back out in the world
>>
>Why work?

this is a very good question
>>
>>27853960
it is literally just as much work begging for money as it would be to get a job, with less earning potential unless youre panhandling. the only reason people go that route is when there is a reason they arent working i.e. drug addiction or disability

for people to be lazy NEETs they need a family member to be supporting them or be living off minimal autismbux
>>
Better than being NEET.
>>
>>27854226
Sup hey what do you do for a living?
>>
>>27854185
Ok say I do communicate with them. I have a 60 y/o aunt in a hospice, 2 2nd cousins that live in another country and whoever they are related to I suppose. You're saying it's my fault for not begging sick and or distant family members to pay for me to be a neet?

Thats cool that you can not work. Most people don't have that luxury.

Just admit you have a metric fuckton of opportunity and handouts that others don't have access to.
>>
File: Old Pepe.png (835 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Old Pepe.png
835 KB, 800x800
I currently straddle both worlds. I'm a singer and have a job singing at a church, I make $150 a week for 3 hours of work, which is fine because I live rent free and I also get free groceries.

My hobbies are super cheap, so I put away money into savings and have a ton of free time for hobbies and hanging out with friends. It's pretty great, I'm hoping I can keep this up for as long as possible.
>>
>>27854240

Same way we already do, through machine labor. Most jobs today aren't actually necessary. Lots of Microsoft Excel monkeys. You'd think the free market would weed that sort of thing out, but it turns out medium to large size businesses can very easily support hundreds or even thousands of people with useless jobs without it impacting their bottom line enough for anyone to investigate and put an end to it. It takes more time and energy then they're willing to invest to do that sort of internal audit in the first place even though the results would more than pay for it if they took action, laid everyone off, and continued supporting operations with the truly necessary remaining tasks taken care of.
>>
>>27854174
learn a skill like programming
or learn to draw /paint
or learn to play an instrument besides your dick
>>
Just got home after working yet another 16 hour day.

The neet life is supreme and I humbly bow down to my neetmasters
>>
>>27854337

Good post. I think another thing to keep in mind is that businesses\government\organisations in general are run in accordance with the values of the people who make up the organisation, and most companies are run and almost entirely staffed by normies who are aren't really interested in questioning the efficiency or sense in anything, and those who do won't speak up anyway. So most people live their lives being pushed around in various ways by unconcious forces.

The NEET escapes this life for his own good, and the good of others.
>>
I'm 25, cannot be a neet at this age. Gotta be a big boy now and work. Wish they would give me less hours though. Shit most people beg for hours and I want less.
>>
File: enterprisecycle.jpg (25 KB, 552x395) Image search: [Google]
enterprisecycle.jpg
25 KB, 552x395
>>27854265
accidentally a thread yesterday talking about it but i work for enterprise rent a car

the first few years are incredibly challenging, you are underpaid and overworked (40k a year, working literally as fast as you can from 7am-6pm 5-6 days a week). constantly doing sales and dealing with assholes. like out of your 40+ transactions a day, at least 15 will be WTF conversations with assholes who are lying to your face. most people quit in the first year

but if you stick with it, within 1-3 years you start moving up, where you deal less with sales and more with managing your fleet, handling complaints, befriending bodyshops so they send you business, trading cars with other branches, motivating your salespeople etc.

then if you stick with it beyond that, you end up just running the business, making financial decisions. not dealing with the public. managing employees, adjusting rates etc.

its very common for people to make 6 figures after 5-6 years

more importantly though, the company has such a high reputation in the business world and they spend so much money/time training you to move you up the ladder... that for everyone 1 year with enterprise would be equivalent to 3-4 years with another company. so people will work there for a year to walk into a 70k+ job or 5 years to walk into a 150k+ job somewhere else
>>
>>27854388
>16 hours
Dude you work like a pre-Civil War black man with a bad massa'
>>
>>27854412

That sounds like hell, money is good though.
>>
>>27853626
Starting job this Friday and I am salivating at the idea. I have so much free time that I don't know what to do with and I fucki hate it.
>>
File: seatbelts.jpg (69 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
seatbelts.jpg
69 KB, 526x394
>>27854337
there are reasons those jobs exist, its not just laziness in auditing

1-they arent necessary for 80-90% of the time. but during "rush season" or "busy times" they desperately need the extra help, but the job is too complicated to rely on temporary workers with no training

2-they are doing that job with the intention of moving up when the position opens. the company is investing in the worker so that when they do need a position filled, they have someone competent to do it

for example in my enterprise branch there are two people we could run efficiently without, but if my assistant managers quit, there has to be someone learning to do their job and replace them.
>>
>>27854478
Is this bait? I would kill to be a NEET why would you ever want to work?
>>
>>27853626
i work because i live in a city that does not offer a guaranteed living wage. even with full disability benefits, i would be forced to live out of my car.

>whats the point of working
because living out of my car sucks
>is it to be happy off the clock?
you're underestimating the power of will when confronted with time constraints.
>couldn't you do that while poorer?
a swing and a miss.
>wouldn't you be happier making less and doing more?
no, i would not be happier living out of my car.

where's my $5 for completing your dumb survey
>>
>>27854444
the worst part is im salaried so it doesnt matter how long i stay
>>
>>27854477
it becomes awesome the further up you move

my area managers job is pretty much to spend 2-3 hours a day driving to different branches and checking on them, then rewarding top performers by taking them to lunch/events (meaning he gets to go too off the company dime), spending 2-3 hours doing actual work and then occasionally taking a big account (dealership who sends us business) to sports games/concerts/events on company money in order to solidify the relationship

they make 100-200k/year, with a company car. most of the area managers near me have only worked there for 5-7 years. one recently got a job working for american express that pays her $500k/year at age 33
>>
>>27854512
Not b8 I am genuinely excited to work it's sounds like a badass job and I feel pathetic when I just sit on my ass.
>>
>>27854585
>it's sounds like a badass job
What job?
>>
I'm 26 and my life has gone nowhere except a couple of pregnancy scares.

How should I end it fellow robots
>>
I was in a car accident and have been out of work for a month.

how the fuck do you guys do this.
being a neet is so incredibly unfulfilling, I actually miss my fucking desk job.
>>
File: the most important question.jpg (216 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
the most important question.jpg
216 KB, 640x482
>>27853962
>>27853996

>Going on SSI or SSDI
>Being middle-class, white, healthy, sane

Pick one and only one you good-for-nothing wannabe niggers
>>
>>27854635
>fellow robots
>pregnancy scare
leave
>>
>>27854688
What do you think I'm trying to do?
>>
>>27853626
I like my job. I don't need the money, I was born wealthy. Sitting around masturbating and watching anime is really boring, I don't know anyone lives a hedonist life style, I get burnt out of being a burn out pretty quick
>>
>>27854605
It's just at a movie theater but it seems like a fun job.
>>
>>27854773
Doesn't seem too bad especially free movies.
>>
File: 1458521096093.jpg (426 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1458521096093.jpg
426 KB, 1653x1023
>muh contribution to suh sciety
>end goal is to be social security boomer

>haha my life is so much better look at how much material possessions I own
>I just have to spend 1/3 of my life doing something I hate

>neets can't have emotions cause of kids in africa
>haha schlomo goldstein bank say I have a high number in my account nice
>>
>currently collecting unemployment
>$400 per week, not too bad
>starting new job in a week
>$22/hr starting, going up after training ends
>getting paid to travel
It's okay I guess.
>>
File: big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1426
>>27853626
>Why work?
A number of reasons:
1) To challenge myself
2) To have a better than 'low' quality of life
3) To attract the best in others
4) I understand how the system works
#4 is very important.

When I started off at 17 I worked long hours for low pay. But I worked hard and, most importantly, I not only
--improved my skills
I did it so I could
--PROVE my skills
So I got a promotion. And raises. And more training.
By the time I was 25 I was out-earning my peers and had to do less work - my provable skills were worth money.
You see, a robot can flip a burger. But if you can PROVE you can
-calm down a mad customer so they spend more money
-convince a stranger to become a customer
-train a new guy how not to break machines
-fix the machines
Why - robots CAN'T do those things, so you are valuable for *who you are*
And then it becomes self-fulfilling; because you have a position that is both hard to qualify for and demanding mentally if you keep proving your skills while improving your skills your value goes up while the level of hard work goes down.
I am a Manager of Pre-Sales Engineers for a major computer manufacturer. I work from home. I am salaried and spend about 5 hours a day actually working. Rest of the time? 4chan, Netflix, or upstairs, fucking my wife.
I make $240,000 a year.
My real job?
1) Answering really obscure questions about how SAN and NAS boxes work
2) Making sure the pre-sales engineers working for me aren't drunk
3) Making sure salesmen aren't lying
4) Making clients feel smart
It is like being a NEET, but with real money, self-esteem, and sex.
I'm trying to get a job as a Consultant where I tell other pre-sales engineering managers how to do their job for $400k a year
>>
>>27854796
Exactly.

>notsoorignalcommento
>>
>>27853626
I don't qualify for any sort of bux, my parents have made clear that I can't move back in and I would rather work than sleep under a bridge.

I would like to work part time so I could have more time. I can do with a little less money.
>>
File: 2844_gender_equality.jpg (28 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
2844_gender_equality.jpg
28 KB, 500x280
>>27854833

>mfw most of the wagecucks posting in this thread are more enraged by seeing the guy who earns 240k for 5 hours work a day than anything NEET's could have said
>mfw they all become NEET as a result
>>
>working and taking on debt to pay for college
>they make us read shit like this
social science is a meme
>>
>>27853626
GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN HOMELESS YOU DON'T KNOW THE PAIN OF NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT AND SLEEPING ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET IN THE FREEZING COLD WHILE KIDS EGG YOU
>>
File: money out of men.png (54 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
money out of men.png
54 KB, 257x196
forgot pic

in an original manner
>>
>>27853626
>Couldn't you do that while poorer?
No.
>>
File: 1449459513465.jpg (123 KB, 780x1095) Image search: [Google]
1449459513465.jpg
123 KB, 780x1095
>>27855004

>HOMELESS
>SLEEPING ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET IN THE FREEZING COLD WHILE KIDS EGG YOU

Brutal.
>>
>>27855004
>kids give him free food
>he still complains about shit
Some of us have to work for our eggs faggot
>>
>>27855008
who writes this shit? the style of writing just makes you want to kill yourself. couldn't imagine reading an entire text book like that
>>
>>27855151
it's from the 1890s

they all wrote like wankers back then
>>
If you can't think of ways to fill the hours without a job you're a soulless automaton with no imagination.
>>
>>27855232
oh, that makes sense

I'd hate to read the sort of shit for anything other history class though
>>
I want to teach, for instance, because I have a dream of teaching our future. I want to have a job. Why? Not just for money, but for the fact that I can at least try to make a difference. And sure, I won't be able to have much free time, but some of these NEET fucks will die never doing a decent days work. And that whole "wage cuck" thing seemed to only apply to people who hate their jobs. If you love your job, why the fuck should you care?
>>
Because I need food? To live?
>>
>>27854173
Im not living the neetlife. More the uni life.
I get 440 a fortnight and i have a house to myself for 18ish hours a day. Im basically the only cunt that lives here.

I dont know how it works in the US but in Aus its way easier
>>
>>27854682
whites are the most common welfare recipients
and i am neither middle class nor sane
so... thanks for the check, wagie
>>
i get paid shit and make roughly $10k a year, bur i only work 20 hours a weeks and i'm in a fortunate enough living situation where it's good enough to get buy with a little expendable income left over
i always try to avoid getting into specifics of my wage and weekly hours because to most of my fellow capitalism-brainwashed american sheep it seems inadequate, which to them of course means I'M inadequate, but i like it because i get to do more shit that i want to
>>
>>27854556
>then rewarding top performers by taking them to lunch/events
How is that rewarding? I've never understood that, I work as a web dev and the managers and other bosses invited me to some event as a "reward" for being the best non management worker a week ago, which isn't hard since everyone except me works an hour at most during their shift, I work 2. They were stunned when I instantly shot them down before they even finished explaining what the event was.
God damn dumb kike bosses, if they want to reward me then give me a bonus. I don't work because I like it, I work because I want the money so I can buy my anime BDs, figures, and mangos and so I can retire early. Put in my two weeks a few hours after they tried to "reward" me, luckily there are a lot of open jobs and I already got a new one.
>>
>>27854337
>the only reason companies hire people to work these jobs is because they are lazy and don't want to audit

I can guarantee you if the companies thought it would be better to automate, they would.
>>
>>27854556
>rewarding top performers by taking them to lunch/events
what kind of weirdo finds it rewarding to spend time in forced socializing with their boss?
>>
Because how else will I get access to literally millions of dollars in scientific instruments? I can't do research without them. So, I get a company to hire me as a chemist, they give me the machines, I do research for them, and they pay me an assload to do it. It's a no brainer
>>
>>27853626
>Wouldn't you be happier making less and doing more?
yes. I work 10-15hrs over 2 days a week for $50/hr and save about half of it. And I actually enjoy work now.
>>
Because the 4 years or so I spent as a NEET depressed me.

I don't know how it happened.

Every day I would wake up and say "today is the day I will make the most of this. Today I will start a fitness regeime, I will fix my diet, i will learn all about web programming; I will become the uber mensch!"

And every single day I would wake up, sit in my chair, and waste my day away; "just one more board on 4chan, oh no more threads? Let's look at the old boards one last time then I'll start being useful!" And when I'm sick of the Internet, "okay ill be useful after I fap AGAIN!"

I only started getting my shit together when I stopped being a NEET. I'd never go back. I'm happier now than I ever was then.
>>
>>27855769
and yet.. you're still here
>i-i'm here to laug-
sure.. sure
>>
>>27853960
>Nobody's homeless unless they choose to be
>If you stop working you'll just get money, food, and shelter from the government
Conservatard detected. I mean holy fucking shit you actually believe that drivel you just typed, didn't you?
>>
File: Fd7ZzTo.jpg (852 KB, 2365x3153) Image search: [Google]
Fd7ZzTo.jpg
852 KB, 2365x3153
>commute + getting ready + work at home

how many of you wagecucks are feeling this? Does it seem like 8 hour days are actually more like 10-12? I'm curious, it says so in the papers
>>
>>27853626
because I love my job. if i sit at home all day, i become depressed. if i don't go out and see people, i become depressed. if i don't exercise i become depressed. my job gives me meaning and a feeling of accomplishment.
>>
>>27853626
Honestly I've done the unemployment thing, but I just get stir crazy/depressed after a few months. Luckily I was able to turn my hobby, fucking with computers, into a job so that's neat.

Real talk though. I heard a coworker say this and it stuck with me, "You will lose money chasing girls, but you wont lose girls chasing money"
>>
>>27855850
>Does it seem like 8 hour days are actually more like 10-12?

yes it fucking does, 35-40 minutes to my goddamn work both ways

i used to live closer to my job and i wish i still could
>>
>>27855850
Yeah commuting is a fucking scam, especially for jobs that don't include your lunch hour in your workday so you're actually working 9 hour shifts with a total travel time of another hour. "You're not working so it doesn't count" is a fucking joke, I wish I could be a NEET, jobs are the worst. I'm already so poor I have to steal to make ends meet.
>>
>>27855822
Did I say anything about laughing at you people? No, you projecting faggot.

Or are you just too much of a newfag to realise we're here forever?
>>
File: 1456966255611.jpg (18 KB, 250x325) Image search: [Google]
1456966255611.jpg
18 KB, 250x325
Gives me money to buy new battlestations, Booze, Hookers even food. When I was a NEET I would have to count every cent and couldn't eat lamb chops every night.

I actually enjoy my work in some capacity. Sure some days I would rather sleep in but the displine of going to wok helps me on my days off. I only work 4 days a week as well.

I would never work or retail/fast food though. I have enough money to quit/be fired and can live for months without welfare so I don't take shit from the boss.

I will get higher wages every year so I would like to rent a luxary apartment to bring sluts home too in the future. But I don't bring enough home to make it worthwhile atm so I'm better of fucking escorts till I build my network of slutty Stacey's to pump and dump.
>>
>>27854486

Lmao, police won't kill you for just running from them.

You have to put other peoples lives in danger first while running from them.
>>
>>27855850
My lunch hour isn't counted in the work hours so it's a 9h shift. Some days I go to place 1 and have a 30 minute commute, some days I go to place 2 and it's a 1h and 30 minutes commute. Those days I can't get any other shit done than work.
I'm going to try to negotiate down to working half time because this isn't a life.
>>
>>27855851
Normie get out.

>if I don't see people I become depressed
No literally, get out. You don't belong here.
>>
working sucks, running your own websites that generates passive income is pretty cool. :)
>>
>>27856235
i would disagree with that. this is a pretty active place for social interaction.
>>
>no This [spoilers]
Shit wagecuck thread.
>>
I'm an author, which is pretty much NEET: The Profession.

I sit at home and do whatever I want all day, occasionally going on walks out into the city and forest to think. Occasionally I have to drive down to my publisher's office which is like a 2 hour drive. All I have to do is work out 2 or 3 pages every day or two.
>>
>>27853626
because women are attracted to behavioral traits that lead to providing/ good genes that can provide for future generations

so be a comfy neat if you like. you'll never fulfill your most primitive desires familia
>>
>>27856420
>you'll never fulfill your most primitive desires familia
>implying anyone here ever actually had the chance
>>
I work at Target and want to die every day

I am literally wasting away my life without even getting enough money to make a living
>>
File: 00136328.0002.gif (66 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
00136328.0002.gif
66 KB, 150x150
>Wouldn't you be happier making less and doing more?
Not really. I don't do a lot at home other than shitpost these days. My hobby used to be doing amateur vidya dev stuff, but a string of bad projects has turned me off of it.

But on the other hand, I did my first shift of a "real" job in a long time (I otherwise support myself with work for the navy reserve) and holy shit, I forgot just how bad ~Le Wageslavery~ really is. The place I was at tonight wasn't bad, but it still felt kinda shit since I make less and do way more, and what I do isn't as fun as what I do with the navy (I'm in comms, so my career end-goal is basically a cushy tech support or sysadmin position, and even at sea, all I'd do is basically play secretary for the ship, troubleshoot radios, and do some minor cryptography. Which is automated anyway and rapidly becoming the domain of officers who don't need cabin boys to process their messages for them since they have Windows XP applets for it these days, so my trade is rapidly just becoming tech support/sysadmin, but on a ship's LAN instead of for a land-based WAN/MAN.)

Basically what this long tipsy tirade is about is yeah fuck wageslaving but there are enjoyable jobs out there
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27853626
This thread is just great.
>>
>>27854072
>My goal in life is to have a child and raise them properly

Watch it come out retarded
>>
If I could make what I currently make in just 2-3 days of working I'd love that. Some amount of work is good.
Going neet though? That's nigger tier.
>>
>>27856384
Don't you have to do a bunch of hustling to sell your work though?

I'm always seeing successful writers online complaining about how modern writers have to be salesmen as well.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.