[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
uni feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
Post your lifeblood edition
>>
File: 1346778101296.jpg (49 KB, 341x393) Image search: [Google]
1346778101296.jpg
49 KB, 341x393
>tfw huge final tomorrow
PANIC
>tfw all my hard finals are always clustered together near the beginning of finals season and all the easier ones are spread out near the end
just fuck my shit up senpai, why do they do this
>>
>>27846008
Have a 6 week long revision plan. Behind a day.
I'll be OK. >>27846076
You studied right?
>>
Where do you guys go
>>
>>27846135
Yeah, been studying for the last little while. It's an upper-level bio course so there's a fuckton to memorize. Thank god for Anki.
>>
File: 7040006-russian-women-wallpaper.jpg (570 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
7040006-russian-women-wallpaper.jpg
570 KB, 2560x1600
I'm going to start uni in the fall. Can anyone give me some tips? I really would like to improve my social life and whatnot. In highschool I had just one tight-nit group of friends (and still have them).
>>
>>27846337
Force yourself to talk to someone who doesn't look scummy in each class
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 610x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 610x484
>>27846008
What kind of pizza is that? It looks delicious.

>for the first time I have a friend who actually takes a class with me
>she decided it's too hard and dropped it today
>we're one week in, well past the introductory phase
Fuck.
>>
>>27846337
>In highschool I had just one tight-nit group of friends (and still have them).

Well, uh, no offense man... But this is the wrong board for you
>>
>tfw dropping out cause i lost my full ride scholarship mid junior year, but becoming an entrepreneur instead.

But seriously, people pay for college? How could anyone pay for menial mediocrity, pain, ostracization, and limited development? Be a lifelong learner and use the unlimited potential of the internet to reach your goals and be your own boss.
>>
>>27846386
I started college last semester. I look skummy and people don't want to talk to me. I want some friends. please don't tell this guy to not talk to me.
>>
File: Das_It_Mane.png (327 KB, 522x593) Image search: [Google]
Das_It_Mane.png
327 KB, 522x593
>>27846523
Damn man im high
>>
Anyone go here
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 604x604
>>27846559
Take a shower you smelly faggot
>>
>>27846275
How long is a little while?
I need min 6 weeks to feel comfy.
I pretty much live for school tho.
>>
Dropped out again today
>>
>>27846592
I usually do atleast every 3rd day. usually every other though.
>>
>>27846507
Meh. I came here because of my minimal experience with the opposite sex. I haven't even had so much as a female friend since elementary school.
>>
>tfw failing math classes

Well, guess I'm dropping out
>>
Double majoring in economics and philosophy here, goml scrubs GOAT
>>
>>27846713
i cbf keeping up with the course work, i got a lecture in 5 hours and i probably won't go
>>
File: image.png (433 KB, 1190x696) Image search: [Google]
image.png
433 KB, 1190x696
>>27846723
>only a robot could take a perfectly good economics major, combine it with a philosophy major, and make the combination worthless
>>
>>27846664
the only way you're ever gonna make friends is if you make an effort to talk to people on your first day, take it from a lonely KV who's nearly finished his degree.
>>
>final draft my thesis due
>should be pretty much complete, just fixing spelling mistakes and stuff
>still have ~10 pages i need to write
>its due tomorrow
>i'm at home shitposting and watching deepspace9 instead of working on it

I think i've fetishized the idea of pulling an all nighter, so I keep procrastinating
>>
Who else /droppingout/ here?

Failing three classes right now, and I'm dropping out as soon as this semester is over with.

Then I'll be moving in with some family and I'll embrace the NEET life, best decision I'll ever make desu.
>>
>>27846804
All nighter
10 pagers
I can write 2 pages in a night when I'm constantly high on energy drinks and sugary sweets
Your fucked mate
>>
>adjunct lecturer
>i teach math at a small liberal arts college
>mfw a good number of my students just cannot do math

I do my best but it's a hard thing to teach someone who isn't good at math college math...

>going back to grad school for phd this fall

hope i dont drop out, drop-out rate for phds is like 60%
>>
>>27846648
Last week-ish or so. I pay attention in class and keep up with my notes/reading, so a lot of the material is already floating around in my head. The studying just organizes it and strengthens my weak areas. I'm really a fan of flash cards and flow charts, I learn better visually and spaced flash cards (which Anki does) is great for solidifying what you know and putting it into long-term memory.
To be fair, though, the studying differs depending on class. Bio: flow charts and flash cards out the ass. Chem: flash cards for reagents and reactions, fuckton of practice problems. Calc: practice, practice practice. Psych (taking it to fill my requirements + shit's actually pretty interesting): just read the textbook and lecture notes and memorize key points.
>>
>>27846833
worst decision you'll ever make, mark my words

think it's hard enough to get a gf as it is? wait till you're neet, it's virtually fucking impossible
>>
>>27846723
oh hey there me

probably I might have fucked up econ enough to push it to a minor
>>
>>27846874
I'm not interested in getting a gf though, I just plan on living without any time commitments before I kill myself in a few years.
>>
>>27846008
What the hell is that? Looks like Pizza with chocolate inside.
>>
>>27846902
so you've essentially given up on your life and embraced defeat
>>
>>27846862
>2 pages
>6-8 hours
what the fuck, are you retarded? I can usually do a page or two in an hour. Anyways, I have most of the research done so it's just the writing that I have to do.
>>
>>27846874
Not him but what if I simply start ignoring all of my classes and focus all time on trying to get a gf?
>>
>>27846941
Nope, I look at it as my only way of escaping this miserable life, and not getting stuck in the trap of being a worthless wageslave for life.

I'd rather be poor but free, than have to be stuck on a schedule every day of my life.
>>
>>27847016
I'm glad your fucked because your an asshole.
Tell yourself you'll do it. Don't spend all night in this thread replying to me.
Kek. Fuuuuuuuuucked.
>>
>>27847192
Not even that guy but how the fuck do you write only 2 pages a night? Are you typing one sentence every 20 minutes or something?
>>
File: 1436205427851.jpg (36 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1436205427851.jpg
36 KB, 300x360
>>27846008
>I haven't been to any of my classes in two weeks
>I only leave my dorm room to get food
>>
>>27847218
Quality over quantity. I actually get good grades and don't leave things to the last minute.
>>
>>27847248
Can you not read the slides online? I've missed tonnes of lessons easy to catch up. But start now mate.
>>
>>27847192
Just until this episode ends, stoner, energydrinking retard.

>2 pages
even if you put it at 4 hours, thats 2 words a minute on average. This, anons, is why you don't burn out on weed and sugar.
>>
>>27847283
Literally none of my classes have online notes and attendance is required and part of my grade for my calc class.
Also doesn't help I go to one of the most rigorously grading schools in the country.
>>
>>27847292
>Just until this episode ends, stoner, energydrinking retard.

Nahhhh mate, you're not getting that thesis done. Fucking kek.
>>
>>27847260
>quality over quantity
I'm writing a research thesis not a fucking poem
>>
>>27846870
I don't really get what the criteria for a PhD is. Is it that you have to contribute to your field in some way? Also, how was it finding a job? Did your uni you attended help you find it?
>>
>>27846008
fuck I need that pizza
>>
>>27847384
Looks disgusting. Literally a pound of cheese on that pizza.
>>
>>27847334
11 minutes left. Just go smoke your shitty weed and drink your diabetes drink, buddy.
>>
>>27846008
>Presentation due on friday
>Colloquium tomorrow
>Labour work tomorrow

I'm dead. All I do is shitposting instead of working. Fuck.
>>
>>27846337
First live in the dorms, they are gross but if you aren't autistic you can make friends with people since no one knows each other
Second talk to everyone. Look at charecters in tv and movies that seem to be well liked and cool. Not light yagami "cool" but social people, like the fonz or something.
Third just ask everyone how they are doing or acknowledge them when you see them in your dorm floor. As long as they have some relation to you ask them first then introduce yourself. It might get kind of awkward but remember the trivial shit that they say. Then next time ask them whatever it is they mentioned in a joking short of way.
If you do those things you will make hella friends
>>
>>27846337
Be lucky like I am.

>Same position as you
>No idea how to make friends
>Introducing week
>Staying around awkwardly the last day, nobody I can talk to
>See guy staying in a corner
>He's reading some causal shit
>Go straight to him because noone's near by
>"U-u-u-uhmmm w-wanna play some table tennis?"
>"Yeah sure why not"
>5 minutes later
>He asks me if I play computer games
>"Of course I do and let me guess, you do too but you look like a total faggot that plays League of legends"
>Friends ever since
>>
>Just graduate
>No idea what to fucking do now
>>
>>27848028
it's probably too late then.
McDonald's is always hiring tho.
>>
>>27848055
I have a pharmacy degree but fucking hate it. It's pretty much the Mcdonalds of health care.
>>
>>27848123
>120k starting
>McDonalds
>>
>>27848165
More like 80K starting. And I worked fast food, it feels the exact same. People just want their shit.
>>
>>27847366

i got my job at my alma mater. they liked me enough to ask me to teach there after I finished my master's.

A PhD in math means:
>passing very tough general knowledge tests
>passing an "oral exam" which is basically professors in your field asking you crazy questions to see if you actually know your shit, no prepped questions, just on the spot random stuff + you do a small lecture
>write and publish a thesis, which is a large piece of work that should at least contain new theorems or work

>typical time to complete: 5 to 8 years
>>
>>27846008
mmmmm

reminds me of my childhood. I went to pizza hut with my family after school and we ate pizza. good memories.
>>
>>27846833
If you can don't drop out entirely
Try to just transfer to a community college if you can and go there while you get your shit together

That what I'm doing and its not too bad.
>>
>>27849362
Hmm, thanks for the response anon, and good luck.
>>
>>27848205
at least you don't have to prepare it and go fetch it. people bring their shit to the counter, right? that's what i hated with fast food, both having to listen to retards doing their orders and then going around to fetch it all for them.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.