[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I lose weight if I force myself to vomit after meals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 983x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 983x752
Will I lose weight if I force myself to vomit after meals?
>>
>>27842186
how about eating less you fat piece of shit
>>
>>27842186
just eat less to begin with instead of fucking up your teeth.

god, why are obese people so persistent in doing ANYTHING but eating less to become thinner?
>>
Yes, you will lose a shit ton of weight if you die.
>>
>>27842186
JUST stop drinking soda, OP.
>>
not if you eat your sick
>>
>>27842186
Why would you do that? It sounds like a pointless waste of money.

What's your height, weight, and age? I can give you realistic advice. Also tell me why you want to lose weight.
>>
>>27842186
>not just cutting yourself open and pulling the fat out with your own hands

Man up, faggot
>>
>>27842244
>>27842239
I am eating less
>>27842252
I don't drink soda, and I don't even eat sugar. I work out every day. I don't understand why I can't lose this fucking weight. I feel so helpless and embarrassed and worthless.
>>
>>27842186
No it will fuck your teeth up and you will be fat.
>>
>>27842269
I'm 5'9", 200lbs, and 21 years.
I want to lose weight because I'm ashamed of myself, and I want to be a better person, and I think my girlfriend deserves better.

Please help me, I don't know what to do.
>>
>>27842326
>I think my girlfriend deserves better

its time
>>
they should invent some sort of liquid that when you drink it, it covers your entire mouth/teeth/esophagus in some sort of thin/temporary bio-film coating that protects you so you can throw up and the stomach acids wont fuck your shit up. then the film coating just gradually dissolves after an hour into a saliva like substance or something

or try eating less, fat nigger
>>
>>27842306
>I don't drink soda, and I don't even eat sugar. I work out every day.
That's good. I wouldn't do the vomiting, though.
>>
>>27842326
You have to learn how to count calories. There are lots of calculators online, you're not the first one to want to lose weight. Another tip would be to cut out carbohydrates. Eat healthier in general, and don't have cheat days.

Do cardio 2-3 times a week and portion your meals. You have a BMI of 29.5 which means you're almost clinically obese.

There are no easy ways to lose weight, you just have to man the fuck up and adjust your lifestyle.

Sorry I lost my train of thought, but you shouldn't be consuming more than 2100 calories for now. That's being very generous and you'll eventually want to cut that down as well.

Don't do anything sudden or else you'll just give up right away. Don't give up you faggot.

JHFKASHDFKJLASDFQWRE8F4I4F49W0IOFWER
>>
File: 1440712148015.png (21 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1440712148015.png
21 KB, 200x194
>>27842326
It's posts like this, that fill me with anger every single time. I don't know what I did to deserve this.

Please do me favor anon. Leave this board.
>>
>>27842186
dont be stupid OP, just watch your diet and exercise you fucking slob
>>
>>27842306
>I don't understand why I can't lose this fucking weight.
Are you meeting your daily calories
>>
>>27843064
Not him but why would not meeting his daily calories keep his weight on?
>>
>>27842186
you'll cause scarring and ulcers to your esophagus if you keep exposing it to stomach acid.
>>
>>27843099
If I understand it properly if you dont meet your daily requirement of calories, your body will go into starvation mode. So, the next time you eat, your body will absorb all the fat it can, causing you to gain even more weight.
>>
>>27843146
That's not how it works, anon. Go post that on /sci/ or /fit/ and you'd be laughed at like a Wes Anderson fan on /tv/.
>>
>>27843171
how does it actually work then? I swear I read that on that /fit/ sticky.
>>
>>27843200
I doubt it. If you're under calories you will get thinner and thinner. "starvation mode" is broscience made up by people who see Africans who are literally starving with pot bellies and thinking that will happen to a 250lb person eating 1200 calories a day.
>>
>>27842186
Bulimia will fuck up your teeth OP and make them yellow

I was chubby (5'9 203 pounds) and I picked it up and now I'm a 5'9 114 pound skeleton with stretch marks. I know how you feel man but the grass is only slightly greener on the other side and people will still make fun of your weight if you're too skinny so try to work out and get some muscle while you're at it. I thought losing the weight would change everything but it's still the fucking same and I'm still socially ostracized.
>>
File: 1444769701414.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1444769701414.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>27843265
>stretch marks

Oh lordy that feel.

>everyone tells you to lose weight
>finally get the willpower and do it
>stretch markets and loose skin everywhere
>didn't lift because I wanted to feel not always stared at for being fat
>maybe you should have just lifted, anon ;-)
>>
>>27842186
i was recently thinking about doing this and so I googled it and it said that in some cases you will actually gain weight. cant remember the specific reason but you should look that up bromie
>>
>>27842306
Get the myfitnesspro app and log everything you eat. You are eating more than you think.
>>
>>27843240
I was right to a certain extent, according to the sticky on /fit/. For some reason the site isn't up, but google has a cached copy.
You go into "starvation mode" if you go below 500+ calories a day.

Taken from the site:
"Weight loss is largely a matter of reducing calories and increasing activity. So if 500 fewer calories a day than you need to maintain is good, 2000 less is better, right? Not really. Because below a certain threshold, your body thinks you are one of those starving refugees on TV, and does a bunch of things that hurt your long-term weight loss."

If OP is not meeting his caloric requirement for days or maybe even weeks at a time, then he probably went into 'starvation mode', in which case no weight loss would occur, only weight gain.
>>
>>27843460
>" if you go below 500+ calories a day.
Sorry, what I meant to say was if you go 500+ calories below your recommended caloric intake.
>>
>>27842239
This, nobody came out of Auschwitz fat.
>>
>>27843024
It's really not that hard to get a girlfriend.
>>
>>27842239
In all honesty, yes that would work, but it's like telling a heroin addict to use less heroin.

Not so simple.
>>
What is wrong with being fat?
>>
>>27842244
For the same reason addicts keep using.
>>
>>27843486
>>27843460
What is the scientific evidence to back that up?

So all we need to do to reverse anorexia is get the person to eat LESS, because their body will meme magic more fat into existence?
>>
File: 1433075566956.jpg (14 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
1433075566956.jpg
14 KB, 249x242
>>27843559
original commento bloelbho,mwerogmewrdhbgdwsrfag
>>
>>27843587
in the article he doesn't give any citations.
>So all we need to do to reverse anorexia is get the person to eat LESS, because their body will meme magic more fat into existence?
I'm sure it's an entirely different situation with people who have anorexia.
>>
>>27842186
You'll get meth user looking teeth from the bile on your stomach coming back up

Not to mention it's going to ruin your throat and the rest of your mouth. Acid reflex is a bitch, and I heard that your knuckles get all raw from trying to stick your hand in your mouth.
>>
>>27843693
So he has no citations then. It seems likely, but then again "just don't fap anon you'll be a sex god in no time" also makes sense. However without facts backing it up it's useless information and only deters people who might want to change themselves.
>>
File: 1425183775442.png (104 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1425183775442.png
104 KB, 399x388
>>27842326
>my girlfriend

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

FUCKING NORMALFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27842186
Start going for walks or runs, or do some exercises in your room. Here are two routines you can do. The first one is very easy that anyone can do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B38ttorbISM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWy_aOlB45Y

If you don't want to count your calories just cut out all unhealthy types of food like cookies, ice cream and soda.

Like someone else said don't do anything too drastic or you're likely to give up after a short time. You need to make healthier living part of your lifestyle not something that you do temporarily.

Find things you can tell yourself to keep yourself motivated like "I've done one day: I can do two" or "I've done one week: I can do another." And never say to yourself "It's too hard" or "I can't do it" instead rephrase such statements as "I have to work harder the next time" or "If I push myself more then I can do it."
>>
your vomit will burn away the skin on your asophagus, so don't okay

how about go for a walk and drink some water, hm?
>>
>>27843788
>only deters people who might want to change themselves.
I don't think so it deters anyone at all. You can change yourself but don't be stupid about it. In fact, assuming that this 'starvation' happens, I think the deterrence will occur when a person goes on a diet that goes below the caloric threshold, find it painful and miserable, find that it hasn't improved their situation at all, and will eventually just relapse with the mentality of "I tried", and find themselves going back to eating like shit.

Regardless, I can't find any credible studies that have proven this. So I don't know.
>>
>>27842186
>>27843344

I used to be 230lbs, now down to 165~170ish. still doing strength training but i plan to cut 10-20lbs in the summer.
This time last year I could barely curl 15lbs and now im curling 35 with ease. Not exactly chadmode yet but yeah girls give me the time of day nowadays (not that I'm ready to act on anything yet)

Basically I just cut all my sugars. I used to be addicted to sugary drinks and couldnt drink water. Then I cut my complex carbs too so that I was on a rigid keto diet of mostly eggs and meat + vegetables and fruits (namely bananas and broccoli/spinach since i hate most veggies). it only took like 5months to drop to 170lbs and ive been 'struggling' here to lose weight ever since summer ended. I was doing weight training for the first couple of months but stopped and i got so skinny and weak. Ive always had back issues so with rapid weight loss i was just having a hard time holding myself up. Been injured a bunch in the past few months because of it even but its finally gotten better.

Idk about USA and elsewhere but the Canada Food Guide reccomends 2-3 servings dairy and 5-10 servings wheat/bread per day. This is complete and utter government propaganda set by the daory and wheqt farmers of canada to get people to buy their products more. Its in the process of being overwritten now because of how much sugar/carbs is ending up in our food. That shit metabolizes too fast and burns you out fast, making "counting calories" nearly impossible.

Also i've gotta say, the main thing that I think I gained from this whole ordeal is good posture. Posture is totally a male power dominance thing and those who are hunched just dont exude the same confidence. Seriously it fucks with your head in very implicit ways. I think personally the main reason I hunched was to hide them man boobs. Now I just have to not give a shit and just accept it since accepting weakness is the way towards strength. My stretch marks are my pride.
>>
>>27842186

Worked for me. When I got to my goal weight I just stopped. Go for it!
>>
>>27842186
Yes, but you'll also feel like shit afterwards.
I just purged 20 mins ago and my leg won't stop twitching and I'm so cold and it's hard to think right now.
>>
>>27844400

You need to replace the acid in your stomach. Drink 1/2 cup white vinegar after you purge. It will help.
>>
>>27844400
stop doing it you autist
>>
>>27843928
I don't know about scientific studies, but from my own experience it's a real thing.

After a lifetime of fatness I tried dieting, turned out it's easier than I thought. So after a few months I started eating 900kcal/day just to make it faster. Then I had to go lower and lower to sub 600 because the weight stopped dropping, and eating at 1100-1200 actually made me put on weight.

I was really autistic about counting my calories, used a kitchen scale on everything I put in my mouth, so it wasn't a math problem.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>27842186
Of course you will, have you never heard of bulimia? I've dabbled in it myself. It's really hard on your body, but hot damn, you sure get results quickly. How do you think all the girls you know are sexy and trim? By exercise? Dieting? Effort? Think again.

Now starting poking your throat and become one of the beautiful people.
>>
>>27845257
or just start dieting and keep your teeth
>>
File: Untitled.png (404 KB, 600x354) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
404 KB, 600x354
>tfw went from fat to skinnyfat
It feels even worse now, but I am still trying, maybe it will be better in a few months.
I don't go to the gym, doing Darebee programs at home. There's been results of course, but not sure if I will make it, the fat from the lower stomach doesn't want to go.
Also OP, go on a diet and start doing some exercises, you'll feel better being in a better body plus you'll feel better overall.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.