[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any brobots ever been homeless? How did you survive? Anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 6
File: 1458480598273.jpg (64 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1458480598273.jpg
64 KB, 600x800
Any brobots ever been homeless?

How did you survive?

Anyone ever live out of a van?(considering this tbhh)

Tips for homeless living? Is it as adventurous as I think it is? -- given you have enough money for shit
>>
Bump

Tbhshorttbh
>>
>>27834673
I grew up in a very abusive home and went homeless for 6 months. It made me the happiest I ever was in my youth. I did sleep in shelters over half the time though and didn't live where it got cold.

Van living is pretty based and if I was still in the US I would've done it, too expensive there. Years ago there was a vanposter here and on /v/ you may be able to google up lots of advice from him. He got a solar panel and had a bed and kitchen inside. He'd get broken into occasionally so had to start keeping a taser and mace. (Since you park the van in empty lots a lot to sleep).

My advice if going homeless/semi homeless is to get as educated as possible on freebies like shelters with sleeping areas, showers. There's charity events with free haircuts, churches that have poor boxes/monthly buffet nights. Food box locations that give you canned goods/bread once every 4-6 weeks you just sign a little paper.

Check into all of it where you live.
>>
Tomorrow is my last day in a house. Getting kicked out for getting drunk.

On friday I will drop a box of possesions at my brother's house with a sticky note that says "gone backpacking" and instructions to transport the shit back home to my mum's house when he gets a chance.

That night I will set up a tent on the side of a rural road, behind some trees so I'm out of sight (camping is illegal most places in Australia) and sleep on a mattress of cardboard.

Saturday morning I'll head back into the city to eat, drink etc. and repeat for the seeable future.
>>
>>27835164
Also funny thing, running AC in your van on gas can be cheaper than running an AC on electricity in a home depending on your state. Top kek.
>>
>>27835164
Why did he park in empty lots instead of residential areas instead?

BTW thanks but I don't really mean like legit homeless.

Im thinking just working a regular job but then also living in your van. Seems cozy and if you shower and shave at the gym, very doable.

Only immediate issue I can think of is where to store food... Since no freezer is pretty devastating. - no meat more than you can eat at once, no microwave, etc.
>>
>>27835229
>Only immediate issue I can think of is where to store food... Since no freezer is pretty devastating. - no meat more than you can eat at once, no microwave, etc.

We feel like we need a fridge and cooking equipment to live because we've had it all our lives. But if these things suddenly disappeared for you, you would do fine. Look at the immense tapastry of shit on supermarket shelves.

You could just buy certain foods every time you need them (access to shops should be trivial in a van) and then keep non-perishable food on hand if you feel like you need it.
>>
>>27834673
I was Homeless but it wasn't "adventurous". I will explain in Green Text.

>Be me 19 at the time
>Alaskan fag, shitty winters
>Middle of blazing winter, Mother kicks me out
>buti'llfuckingdie.jpeg
>She doesn't care
>Get in my car buy canned food
>Meet 6/10 hippy
>"Wanna hang out somewhere Anon?"
>spill spaghetti about living in my car
>hippy doesn't care
>o-oh ok we can go to the park and hang out there I guess
>get to park
>hippy snaps and things get heated
>hippy grabs half of my food while pointing a knife at me
>skip forward to a month and a half later
>begging for money to eat at least once a day
>stealing from Fred Meyers if can't produce money for food
>get caught stealing food
>OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT.zip
>try to run for the door
>security grabs my arm and whips me around and drags me back inside store
>takes me to the back room and waits for police to come
>explain to them that I didn't like stealing but I was hungry and was desperate for food
>food bank is also a three hour drive away, at this point car is broke down
>Person who cuffed me let me go
>"Get out of here Anon before I change my mind"
>Book it out of the store, never go back.
>skip ahead another month
>get robbed at gun point for the little money I was saving
>couple days after my mother see's me
>she's crying
>finally takes me back home

I lost over 60 pounds, gained a fractured rib and got frostbite on my right pinky toe. And I lost my vehicle.

TL;DR
Don't be homeless in Alaska
Don't come to Alaska
>>
>>27835229
Plenty of vans have freezer, toilet even shower.
>>
>>27835448
>mum kicks you out in freezing alaskan winter
nice. Parent of the year there
>>
>>27835491
It was fucking bull.
The reason she even kicked me out was because her husband didn't like me being around.
He just didnt like me at all.
>>
>>27835448
>Middle of blazing winter, Mother kicks me out
Jesus christ that's some cold blooded psycho shit.
>>
Anybody here tried beeing homeless in europe? How did that work out for you?. Spanish fag thinking of leaving it all behind
>>
>>27835507
It was because of her Husband. She tried to get back on his good side by kicking me out.
>>
>>27835510
da police stop u all the time
>>
>>27835448
Couldn't you have driven somewhere not-freezing?
>>
>>27835510
Law enforcement in Europe is much more condemning. Not recommended.
>>
>>27835529
Alaska is cut off from the rest of the United States by Canada.

If you're stuck here with no money, you're trapped.

I had no money at the time and I didn't have good hygiene from living in my car, and then under a tree so no one would hire me.

It sucked...
>>
>>27835529
And not to mention the Homeless shelters here aren't very welcoming. Some of them will actually charge you or force you to be a Christian while living in their shelters. Full blown brainwash.
>>
>>27835503
what the fuck kind of excuse is that to almost kill your fucking son
>>
>>27835568
I have no answer for this. I still love my Mother. She's since then divorced him and I have a Beta Testing job and help out with the bills sometimes.
>>
>>27835583
You should cut with her.
>>
>>27835476
That would be an RV though.
Huge monetary investment in repairs, gas and upfront desu.
>>
>>27835706
I wish I could if I had another place to go. Beta Testing video games doesn't pay much.
>>
>>27835503
What the hell?

I thought the wife's son was always well taken care of

Kek
>>
File: 1455646059442.png (286 KB, 889x592) Image search: [Google]
1455646059442.png
286 KB, 889x592
Eastern yuropoor immigrant here, I used to be homeless for 6 months when I was 18, I am 20 now.

Long story short, I got kicked out when I was in Rome, I began wandering aimlessly and took shitloads of train with no ticket and got myself a prepaid card in France with the money I was given by a woman whom I helped at a train station, which I used to buy a ticket for London.

It was a pretty good wake up call, considering I haven't left my house for almost 2 years prior to that.
It forced me to socialize to survive, even when I was asking basic questions such as "where can I find a church to eat" I was feeling my anxiety vanish.
The more naive, younger, and sincere you look, the more people will be willing to help, even though some will take advantage of that.
One of the charities I was eating at offered me to enter a homeless scheme where I would be offered a job at a fast food and a room.
Overall, it was an experience that pretty much saved me by making me get my shit together.

10/10, would do it again.

I'm trying to buy a van and convert it into something livable and discrete, since its cheaper and living with normie roommates is shit
>>
>>27835193
>getting kicked out for getting drunk
>in bogan-land
are your parents religious freaks or something

also
>camping is illegal in most places in australia
what the fuck? i thought you guys were the most outdoorsy people in the world
>>
>>27835229
you could just go shopping every day
and obviously eating meat every day is unnecessary
>>
If you're gonna live in a van make sure it's got no windows and good suspension. Also make sure the exhaust system and engine is quiet, extremely quiet. Learn to do basic maintenance like oil changes and topping the fluids up. Moving around in the van will alert nearby people that you're sleeping in there. When you want to sleep for the night always make sure it's in a different place to where you were that day and when you stop don't get out of the van, crawl through the area in between the seats so you don't arouse suspicion. Places to sleep are carparks next to parks but not near schools. Don't park in front of hardware stores, take away stores, shopping malls or any place that sees business because they've got cameras and cops and security will routinely check the areas for cars left overnight especially vans. If you can do coastal travelling it's acceptable to park in carparks which have public toilets nearby but expect to have cars parking next to you at 3am blasting death metal while the people inside smoke crystal meth and start shouting. For this reason get yourself some earplugs and earmuffs. If you need a shower you can go to public pools and use the showers there. Camping grounds and caravan parks are a good place to stop but they do cost money and you can't stay there for long.

If you want to live homeless on foot and you're in America you have lots of opportunity, you can do trails like the Appalachian and camp along the way just learn some basic skills first like packing a tent+sleeping bag and lighting campfires and cooking on them.

The trick is to be as stealthy and unseen as possible.
>>
>>27835765
Sounds like a pretty rad adventure desu.
>>
>>27834673
Are you the guy that hit his little sister earlier?
>>
>>27835816
It was radical as fuck man.

I met a homeless Bulgarian guy that spoke 16 languages fluently, including mine.

A homeless Italian bodybuilder that I was chilling with in Nice, France, I got a lot of fitness tips from him which I'm now applying.

A Jewish ex-sony producer from New York, I looked him up on google and he wasn't bullshitting me, I'm not quite sure if he was fully sane though.

A white South-African ex-foreign legioneer.

And many others.
>>
>>27835531
europe is more sympathetic to the poor though

prisoners in europe live as well or better than poor people in the us

>>27835529
please look at alaska on a map
>>
>>27835846
>spoke 16 languages fluently
how do you know he spoke the ones you couldn't understand
>>
>>27835844
Nigga if I hit her she'd be dead
>>
>>27835521
>>27835531
Thats a load of bullshit. American cops are jackasses compared to european cops.
>>
>>27835568
They're white trash. No offense to the anon
>>
File: dfyahf.jpg (26 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
dfyahf.jpg
26 KB, 600x439
>>27834673
Are you Eggman? Where is your trip family?
>>
>>27835229
>Why did he park in empty lots instead of residential areas instead?

Because people don't like you being there if you don't live there. Some will call the cops on you even if you're there for just a few hours to sleep.

Finding places to stay the night isn't as easy as it might seem. Always have to keep moving. Homeless people are called transients for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamLxGxeDqI
>>
>>27836167
If you're going to stay in a car, make sure to keep a crate of bottled water, or Gatorade. Keeping a milkjug with water probably isn't a bad idea.

Since most of the food that keeps is going to be jam-packed with salt or otherwise dehydrated -- canned, bagged and dried foods. You're going to want good water.

Soda and shit isn't a replacement.

Sounds obvious, but it's important. It's easy to take the things you have easy access to now for granted when you don't.
>>
>>27835793
>are your parents religious freaks or something
I'm living in a share house with an uptight dickwad. I'm actually extremely relieved to be homeless (and alone) after this experience.

>what the fuck? i thought you guys were the most outdoorsy people in the world
Lel tell me about it. In reality Australia is now just a sparsely populated America on account of urbanisation, social media, etc. There is a lot of uproar from old bloke types about stricter laws, which are pushed by environmentalist political parties, but I don't think the emerging younger generations are as concerned.
>>
>>27836268
>make sure to have water

Yeah, thanks for the advice. Who would've thought you need to store water to have easy access to it? Are you some survival expert?
>>
>>27835550
>force you to be a Christian
>force

Oh no, the inhumanity! I have to say I believe in God to get food so I won't starve on the streets? B-b-b-but I'm too much of an enlightened intellectual to ever succumb to that sky fairy nonsense!
>>
Why be homeless, when you just spend some time in jail.

>be me 22
>get kicked out for being worthless neet.
>no car but live in a big city
>do OK during summer
>winter comes and legit have a couple of near death experiences
>start squatting in empty houses for warmth
>one night pick the wrong one
>wake up to owner yelling in my face
>try to run and push pass owner
>he falls down
>make it through the door and to the street
>cops pull up
>catch a b&e charge with assault on top
>go to jail get 3 squares a day, bed, hot showers, and books
> neet heaven better than being homeless
>guilt ridden parents even visit often
>when I get out they let me move back in
>even have a permanent excuse to not have a job
>still go out everyday and beg for spending money, and even give them a cut

When they finally give up and kick me out again. I'm going straight to jail.
>>
>>27835550
too bad there aren't any atheist shelters huh
>>
Because of reasons, I ended up being homeless for a few months.

It wasn't so bad. I spent most of my time at work, used work facilities for showering and eating and just slept in my car.

I overheard one lady complain about my smell. Fact is if you sleep in your car no matter how much you try clean yourself the stink is going to stay in your skin like rotting leather.

I am paid very well at my job, but I never saw the point in owning a home. A home is where you build a family. I'll never have that.

You also get less picky with food. I've eaten jars of olives, drunk tap water from public bathrooms, eaten rotten fruit with worms in it etc. Treating myself to a restaurant would be the highlight of my week back then, and everything tasted heavenly.

I tried to make a companion out of stray cats, but that is difficult to do when they aren't kittens. I tried to nurse a weak septic kitten with maggots in its eye and hoped it would be my friend but he passed away. I don't remember ever crying as hard as I did then.

I want to live in my car again. I don't feel a connection to anywhere. I feel unwanted wherever I go, and being always on the move feels like some sort of vindication.

I can offer some tips if anyone would care to offer me some >(You)s
>>
File: donotfeellonelyetetasd.jpg (91 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
donotfeellonelyetetasd.jpg
91 KB, 500x493
>>27838374

All is always well anon <3
>>
>>27837814

Most retarded poster of the year award. Congrats, you win nothing (but pity)!
>>
>>27838374
No specific questions but I like what you wrote. Have a (You).

I know that feeling of disconnectedness you mention. Living out of a car like you did sounds appealing though I doubt I could pull it off as well myself.
>>
>>27838586
I disagree, I think this guy is pretty smart. From what I've read of minimum-security prisons in the States they sound pretty comfy. Not so different from my present lifestyle in fact...
>>
>>27838101
Shelters that are offered without a prerequisite for confiding in God? They have those- they're called "shelters."
>>
>>27838374
>I tried to make a companion out of stray cats, but that is difficult to do when they aren't kittens. I tried to nurse a weak septic kitten with maggots in its eye and hoped it would be my friend but he passed away. I don't remember ever crying as hard as I did then.

Holy bloody hell you have seen some shit.
>>
>>27838467
>all is well
that is the problem. I lack struggle. If you aren't suffering, you aren't living. Everything feels sterile and inconsequential. There is no reason to wake up in the morning and get out of bed besides the fear that that is really all there is.

>>27838594
Yes you surely can pull off living in a car. It doesn't take much. I challenge you to take a long drive and just when you feel a little bushed just lie down sideways in the fetal position in the back seat and I can assure you you will be able to sleep.
Do this once or twice a week and slowly bridge the gaps between them. You will be surprised to find that being homeless is so easy, a dog can do it.
Finding purpose, now that is hard.
>>
>>27838646
The intellectual gentleman has arrived. He's too principled to associate himself with religious nuts. He's homeless, but he's better than those people who are motivated by Christianity to donate food so others won't starve.
>>
File: 1428312465840.jpg (83 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1428312465840.jpg
83 KB, 450x402
>>27835164
>van living is pretty based
>>
>>27838709
>Finding purpose, now that is hard.
Tell me about it. I think we are a lot alike.
>>
I don't have a story but I do remember reading on /tg/ years back a thread where a depressed clown told people his life story and one part involves him giving up on life and train-hopping. No home during that period.

It should still be archived.
>>
>>27838620
>going to prison is smart

Only on r9k.
You are objectively, mentally and emotionally retarded if you can't get food and shelter without going to prison. Heck, even the lowest of the low can figure that out. If that's the best solution that crossed your mind, I have some unfortunate news for you.
>>
Live in Eggman's van. Form a band...or a bi-curious commune innawoods
>>
>>27838819
Relax, nobody is saying going to prison is the best approach to life. I have to salute this guy's ingenuity though in finding a dead-easy solution to his homelessness problem that kept him comfy and on the taxpayer's dime to boot.
>>
Was homeless a winter a couple of years ago (damn it is 7 years already).
Squatted to get by. The hard thing is to find a good place where you can be in peace.
I don't have any tips. It's fucking shitty. The worst thing is that finding a place to sleep, getting water, food, and a place to shit takes most of the time and energy that you should be spending of finding a place to live.
>>
Go search the trash cans behind supermarkets, there is most time food there.
But do it in the night
>>
>>27838861
>Relax, nobody is saying going to prison is the best approach to life
You just implied that by saying it's smart. You're still unironically acclaiming his "ingenuity".

>kept him comfy
>being surrounded by strangers 24/7 is comfy
>strangers who are criminals
>having to watch your back all the time is comfy
>in a place where your actions are severely restricted and controlled
>a place that's designed to be shitty as possible in order to punish you

Yeah, that sounds amazing, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>27838733
Nope, just informing you of the existence of that which you so ignorantly strive to ignore. Where does this zealous knee-jerk defense come from? Could it be that the "Intellectual gentleman" is you?

Sort yourself out senpai.
>>
>>27839009
Wow. Did a prison rape your mother or something? You seem really sensitive about this.
>>
>>27839043
I'm occasionally baffled when I see examples of extreme stupidity. I can't imagine why would someone think like that, so I like to make them explain themselves.
>>
>>27839083
Well when someone like you who has an easy life and has no real problems, it's hard to understand. :)
>>
>>27838819
Prison poster here. Of course I could think of ways to find food and shelter, but most of them require work. The others put you in dangerous situations. I lived homeless for a little under six months. Begged, borrowed, stole, and sold drugs. Was beat up four times, stabbed once, been in the er more than I can count (1 hypothermia, 2 frostbites), and lived on eating people's trash somedays. You know where none of that happened, in jail. I ate good, read all day, and slept good. It felt like a vacation. Yes I'm a fuck up, probably mentally fucked, and a horrible person, but I'm speaking from experience, while you talk out of your ass. Jail is safer than being a bum. There's 2 ways to find that out, do both, or listen to the guy who has done both.
>>
>>27839108
You don't know me to assume such a thing, why are you defensive? I understand being BTFO on a cambodian image board can be frustrating, so I leave you at that. For your own sake I'd invite you to just not open your mouth when you're about to say such embarrassing things as "going to prison is smart" anywhere in public.
>>
>>27839210
Ha, that wasn't even me. I'm just sitting here thinking about what a hit you must at parties.
>>
>>27839197
>Yes I'm a fuck up, probably mentally fucked

That's... what I was saying? Only someone like you would find prison an acceptable option. Don't bother responding, I'm out. But please get some therapy before you think of doing that again. You can find affordable or even free avenues online.
>>
>>27839304
Being a bum isn't acceptable either, just saying jail is safer. You know nothing of either life, I can smell the foolishness on your breath. I'm not the only one who thinks it either. Homeless shelters cannot handle the amount of homeless in big cities, jail is always better than death or losing fingers. Until you see the guy that sleeps under the overpass with you not wake up, don't speak on what you don't know.
>>
>>27839449
I... think he's left. Probably to the mall to get his fedora sharpened.
>>
>>27838733
>Spoken like a man who's never had to sleep in a shelter
I've had to stay with the salvation army a few times, and the whole thing they've got going on is a fucking drag. Yes, I appreciated their help, but boy is it nice to be out of their clutches and my own man again.
>>
>>27839197
Don't worry about that guy, he's fucking annoying. If I had to guess he's chicken shit about going to prison, which is reasonable enough. I've been homeless before and got locked up. Having somewhere warm to sleep and food to eat was such a relief. I understand your point.
>>
>>27834673
Look up all the shit you can make with just flour, lentils, oats etc. Brush up on basic survival skills like fire setting etc. It is possible to live happily on less than a dollar a day and will actually make you healthier. Just make sure you have semi regular human contact at least. You can build or buy a pot that generates enough power for a smartphone while it boils water. I have literally no respect for any homeless person that lets themselves go due to material needs, life is easymode without a house and job.
>>
>>27840180
Have you been in such a dire situation?
>>
>>27835846
>16 languages
Ok bro. I'm sure he didn't just know "ay gurl u want sum dik" in 14 of them.
>>
>>27835846
Homeless gains are probably the sweetest gains of all.

You should write a book about these people. I once met a Belgian monk who had spent the last 20 years walking across every part of Europe like Forrest Gump.
>>
>>27837814
this is the funniest post i have seen in a while.
>>
>>27840446
>I once met a Belgian monk who had spent the last 20 years walking across every part of Europe like Forrest Gump.

Are you sure that wasn't an islamist?
>>
More experiences, please?
>>
One day in the distant future my parents patience will run out and I'll go from NEET to homeless. I'm not ready for that at all. I can't even handle getting a job or talking to human beings, how the hell will I manage being homeless? The fantasy side of it is a great freedom and adventure but I'm mostly thinking about the cold, hunger, danger, wetness, pain, fear, getting robbed raped and killed.
>>
>>27837814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHJ6S91xBY
>>
>>27841249
How many years since you've been a NEET? How is your relationship with your parents?
>>
>>27841325
3 years, fairly good. My parents like me, are somewhat sympathetic to my ineptitude, I'm extremely inexpensive and low maintenance, I help out around the house whenever I can. But nothing lasts forever.
>>
>>27841462
What do you mean by ineptitude? And how do you make them overlook it?
>>
>>27841526
I don't have any skills, I can't talk to anyone who isn't my parents (and I'm not even a good conversationalist with them). If I can't hold a conversation and look normal to my own parents then how do I ever pass a job interview or anything like that?
>>
Parents kicked me out at 14 after an especially bad argument. Spent 3 years in the park.
>bought a cheap gym membership so I could shower there
>got a P.O. box employers could send paychecks to
>bought cheap canned food that didn't spoil easily (lots of canned ravioli because you can get a huge can of it for $1.50 around here)
Those were the basics, but there were less savory aspects. I was whoring myself to older men for most of my money. Begging wasn't getting me enough to live on and nobody wanted to hire an underage homeless kid, so I just kind of did it. I mean, I'm gay anyway so it wasn't all that bad. Most of the guys were decent looking. When I was 17 I pulled some extreme bullshit to get an IT position. I don't know why they didn't check in on my claims to be 21 and have a degree. I didn't even have a high school diploma at the time.
>>
I was homeless for a few years after getting kicked out of my house when I was 17. Lived on the streets in NYC, panhandled for heroin money, ate out of dumpsters, slept on grates and in hallways.

Beat up a few times, shot at (all due to drugs), scorned by passersby.

Was not adventurous at all.
>>
>>27841589
I see, you were incompetent since you were a kid, right? It's much more difficult to get your parents to accept you've become incompetent in your teens/twenties, when they expect you to be a brilliant person who will be successful. In this case, being sub par just means being lazy to them. If they have low expectations of you to begin with, they won't be disappointed.
>>
>>27834673
I live in Southern Arizona, so it dosen't seem as bad as most people would have it since it dosent really get cold here.
>>
Prison poster again. Never left you actual tips for being on the streets. These are mostly for city dwellers. I don't know the small town or rural scene, but I knew plenty of Bums that end up in the city because it sucks.

News paper makes for good cheap insulation in a cold weather pinch. Crumple it up and wear it under clothes and in shoes.

Find a couple of hustles. Begging can great sometimes but dry at others. So you have to find other means, whether by conning or working. I could get into hustles if you want, but being creative and original is your best bet.

Bums can be territorial. Good spots to beg can be hard to come by. If you find yourself on a gold mine, you will not be the only one who knows. Be ready to fight for it, but also prepared to leave the spot.

If you're mobile use it to your advantage, but be prepared to lose it. A car or van is a godsend, but can be easily taken away. If you don't have a car, public transit can be your best friend.

Get to know your fellow Bums. Know who's legit insane, and stay away. Know who might help in time of need, and be willing to return the favor.

Try to avoid vices/habit. It increases your living expense exponentially and will keep you in a bad spot.
>>
>>27839210
Why are you being such an asshole? Sure there's going to be auction such as shelters but if they are too far away or are full because lots of people are becoming homeless these days than not freezing to death on the streets and getting some warm and food seems like the more logical option then freezing to death but what do I know
>>
>>27841671
>I don't know why they didn't check in on my claims to be 21 and have a degree. I didn't even have a high school diploma at the time.
Bullshit. That's retarded. Unless it was some low responsibility, low paid position.
>>
>>27841736
Very good tips. I'm >>27841673 and used a lot of those myself. I'll add that the bigger the city the better due to space and the bigger cities tend to be more liberal and willing to help the homeless.

One other tip... stay armed. kitchen knife or the like. don't have to use it. sometimes just showing it will suffice.
>>
>>27841917
Pay was decent but my responsibilities were mostly network maintenance and fixing basic problems. They just took my claims at face value and had me fix some shit as like a test. They did fire me when they found out I was a high school dropout but they said they'd give me a good letter of recommendation once I got my degree, which I have now.
>>
>>27841950
How did you get good at computers if you were homeless?
>>
>>27842002
I was already good at computers from before I was homeless. Like I said, this was low responsibility, low-skill shit.
>>
>>27841921
Yeah good point. I got stabbed by a homeless manlet over a good begging spot. It escalated real quick, and ended up in the er.
>>
>>27841712
I've been spending 95% of my non-school time indoors since I was 11 years old so I guess they have some inclination.
>>
>>27842074
I never actually stabbed anyone but swung it a couple of times to ward off a couple of guys.

Plus acting crazy helps.
>>
>>27842058
I'm finding it hard to believe you were good at computers enough to perform a real world job which was well paid on top. And even then, not forgetting any of that since you were 14? Experience tells me you're full of shit. Which is pretty pathetic on an Indonesian dam building imageboard, but it's your life, your choices.
>>
>>27842135
I haven't either, but I should have been more prepared in that situation. I'm a big dude and been a fighter all my life, and thought I could put a little fear in his heart with my size. Me giving him the crazy eyes stare down didn't have the desired effect.
>>
>>27835229
Cops don't let you park anywhere,

>park in a dark parking lot to make out
>after only 45 minutes a cop pulls up and tells us to leave

I think walmart lets truckers sleep there.
>>
>>27842218
>good at computers enough to perform a real world job
Like I already said, the job was really low-level shit. When I said "fixing dumb mistakes", I mean the majority of it was something on the level of "idiot trying to type something up hit F11 in his browser and doesn't know how to fix it" or "idiot got a virus and you have to get rid of it". When you're dealing with computers in a workplace, most of the time your job is to babysit the people who don't know how to use them.
>which was well paid on top
I said it paid okay. It was above minimum wage but not by a lot.
>And even then, not forgetting any of that since you were 14?
I said I was 14 when I got kicked out. I didn't get the job right away. I got it shortly before I got off the streets, which was at 17, like I said. You really gotta learn to fucking read.
>>
File: 0aESBQ5G_400x400.png (121 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0aESBQ5G_400x400.png
121 KB, 400x400
>>27835448
You're so lucky it wasn't from a big corporate store like Macy's. They book you every single time, and if it's over $20 you're getting hauled away in a cop car. Not to mention you'll be banned from the store and any other surrounding store.
>>
>>27842308
OK, I understand now. Where did you stay? Didn't you travel?
>>
>>27842372
Mostly in the park. There were a few buildings there that didn't see a lot of use, it was near the gym and the post office so I could shower and check my mail, and it got decent foot traffic for when I was begging. What travel I did was limited to going to the motel and back when I was still whoring myself. I like familiar surroundings and I had a decent setup in this little pseudo community center building there. It was basically empty and usually got left open because I guess the guy who was supposed to lock it was bad at his job. Just settled down in a corner with what little stuff I had.
>>
>>27837814

You forget to mention living in Scandinavia.
>>
>>27842261
I'm not a big fighter guy. actually a smaller female so the knife and crazy look was all I had going for me.
>>
>>27842435
>I like familiar sorroundings
You're the opposite of me. I'd find it very sad to remain in the same place if I was homeless. In fact, I will be kicked out by my parents in about 2 weeks and I'm planning to walk from place to place, settling down only temporarily. Do you have any suggestions for me?
>>
>>27842540
Not if you're gonna be moving around. Most of what I did was based around having somewhere familiar I could go to. Gym membership for showering and stuff. Heck, sometimes I even slept in the gym if it was empty enough.
>>
>>27842578
What are your stats now? Got out of homelessness? Still sucking dick?
>>
I just came back because I had to recharge my laptop. Also had to change wifi location because the park I was in is dangerous after dark.

That's an issue with being homeless: charging your appliances and wifi hotspots. Its good to know where good convenient ones are, especially if you live in a poor area of Europe where the internet isn't available just everywhere.
>>
>>27842607
25 now, legitimately working in IT with a real degree. This job is actually better than my old one. Slightly more responsibility, a lot more pay.
>Still sucking dick?
Only recreationally.
>>
>>27842629
Actually have to say your story is inspiring. Would you like to talk sometimes? I'm from Europe and I'm just about to go homeless.
>>
>>27842685
I guess. I don't talk outside of anonymous sites like 4chan much, though. I like my privacy.
>>
>>27842707
That's fine, you don't really matter. I am going to find other people anyways. Have a good life faggot.
>>
>>27842625
What part of Europe are you from? Maybe we can band together or something.
>>
Homelessness is adventurous in the sense that every fucking thing is a difficult and dangerous ordeal. It puts you on the wrong side of everyone. Cops, normalfags, niggers, they are all hostile and will gladly murder you if you aren't very very careful. Everyone, EVERYONE looks at you like you're worse than trash, like you have no right to exist and you're offending them just by being there. It makes you paranoid feeling unsafe almost all the time. Sleeping right out in the open was impossible.

You're walking all day on sore feet, out in the heat and the cold, you're filthy from all the sweat of exertion and so are your clothes. There are times when you bust your fucking ass doing risky shit all day long just for one damn meal. There are times when you go without food for a day or two just because the difficulty of getting it is so damn high. If you're homeless for a long time you can maybe start to build up a little base by hauling shitloads of pallets from the mall's dumpster to some hidden nook but that takes a lot of planning and preparation. It takes a lot of exploring to learn where you can get free shit like that and most of your time will be spent just working on basic survival.

Getting out of being homeless if you're really stuck in a hole is nightmare difficulty, even more since the type to become homeless in the first place isn't someone that's got a strong handle on life in this modern shithole society. I completely understand the guys that just give up and get drunk every day. Now that I've got some money I always donate to homeless, I tell them to buy themselves a beer because holy shit if anyone needs a drink it's him. To anyone asking how, the short version is: I got a PO box, a prepaid phone, and lied out my ass every step of the way.
>>
>>27842489
That combo can definitely get you far, until you run into the truly crazy or strung out. It's a hard road, especially for a woman. My size advantage helped a lot, but I wasnt too worried of protecting my butthole though. That's a whole different league of stress.
>>
>>27843004
How would set up a PO box?
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.