[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you'll make friends at uni dw anon :) i-is it true ;___;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
>you'll make friends at uni dw anon :)
i-is it true ;___;
>>
>>27830571
No. I've been at Uni two semesters and I have no friends at all.
>>
not really
you'll probably meet some people but they won't become your friends
>>
File: k_if_you_only_knew.jpg (40 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
k_if_you_only_knew.jpg
40 KB, 550x512
>>27830571
No. You wont make friends. And secondly its just some leftist white guilt&privilege circlejerk.
You'd be better off never going outside.
>>
If you don't have any friends now you probably lack the skills necessary to make them in an environment where everyone is much more isolated from one another.

The flip side is that people will leave you alone and you probably won't get bullied or anything. And if you're lucky you might stumble across some other autist since there's a lot of us out there.
>>
File: 1440828625826.png (316 KB, 721x777) Image search: [Google]
1440828625826.png
316 KB, 721x777
>>27830618
I've been at Uni for 3 and a half years and never talked to anyone for more than 20 minutes

It don't get better
>>
No. I am the typical robot and I've been at uni for 3 years and can't even remember the last time I had a real conversation with somebody about something other than school.

By now you should've realized that the "it gets better in X" talk is just carrot on a stick bullshit. You're not heading to greener pastures, you're heading to the glue factory, horseboy.
>>
>>27830571
Was there for 5 years and didn't make a single friend. Ended up dropping out because I felt so alienated.
>>
>>27830571
Can't stand most of the people in college, I mainly just go to an unoccupied space and fuck around on my laptop to wait for classes.
>>
>>27830699
fucking keked at this post 10/10 i love you
>>
No. I've sat by myself at lunch every single day, I haven't hung out with anyone from class, and I haven't had a meaningful conversation with anyone, nor have I had a conversation lasting more than 10 minutes.
>>
>>27830571
Yes, like the first class we get told we were going to have to do group assignments later and to get in to groups now. Became acquaintances with one chick who moved away after that year, good friends with the other dude and started dating the other chick. Was pretty good.
>>
Fuck no

godghdesfyifs
>>
>>27832774
Exactly. People have always treated me like shit. The only difference in college is that they were more subtle about it, probably because they didn't want to get reprimanded for harassment.
>>
>>27830571
it can. College is a fresh start, you get to leave your baggage behind.

Are you scared and freaked out by social interaction? Congratulations, so are most of the other freshmen.

All you need to do is try. put yourself out there, make an honest attempt and you'll probably find some people like you.
>>
>>27832868
Oh great, that's wonderful normie advice you got there. I'm surprised you didn't throw a "be yourself XDXDXD" into there somewhere. Oh wait, you did. Fuck off.
>>
>>27830571
No. I actually had a lot of friends in high school, but now i'm in my second year at uni and I'm not even sure in my roommate's name
>>
>>27832894
You're fucking stupid. Thats not what i said at all.

You dont grow and change without challenging yourself. If you dont like where you are you need to do that, and college is a place you can do that with incredibly low stakes.

Try and meet people, if you fuck up it doesn't matter because there are probably 10X the number of people there were in your highschool and you can just move on and try again.

OP, it is a time in your life fundamentally different from anything you've experienced before. Just start throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks, because ultimately everone will be wrapped up to much int heir own shit to care.
>>
>>27831061
Also probably because you're dumb, don't forget that reason
>>
File: 1442527931100.jpg (21 KB, 329x345) Image search: [Google]
1442527931100.jpg
21 KB, 329x345
>>27830571
>>27830618
>>27830629
>>27830633
>>27830672
>>27830699
>>27831061
>>27831340
>>27832774
>>27832801
>>27832949
Don't listen to these faggots, Anon.

Going into college I had zero friends. Freshman year was the same too. But then I realized that just expecting people to come up and be friends with you doesn't work. *You* have to try. If you do, it will be some of the best times of your life.

For example since Friday night, my week has been/will be:

>Friday
Friend's 21st b-day. Got plastered and made out with some chick
>Saturday
recover and hang out with room mate
>Sunday
Go hiking with friend
>Monday
School work -- boo
>Tuesday
Bunch of friends have a club thing, we hang out and get food after
>Wednesday
That chick from the party is coming over to "make cupcakes" with me
>Thursday
Mad Max drive-in showing with friends
>Friday
Hang out and drink with friends
>Saturday
Friend of a friend's 21st

So don't believe these people who wasted their college because they never bothered to try in life. You can do it, Anon
>>
>>27830571
you will if you get involved in something

club
organization
sports team
smoker table

If you want friends at uni, find something and join it
>>
>>27834906
sir you appear to be lost, this is the board for betas and neets. an alpha like you needs to get >>>/out/
>>
>>27835141
I'm not alpha; like at all. I just didn't resign myself to be lonely and hopeless my whole life like these robots want OP to do.
>>
>>27834906
lol, are you lost? take your advice to reddit
>>
>>27834906
this guy is a fuckwit who probably does art/commerce/law etc

anyone who does a difficult/respectful degree (i.e engineering or med) knows that it is literally impossible to balance uni work with an active social life, it's not actually feasible.

Not to say you can't make friends, but you will never have the time to do what this guy claims unless your degree in of itself is a fucking joke.
>>
>>27834906
>1 day of studying

good meme mate
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 465x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 465x287
>you'll make fr-
>>
>>27835423
>>27835392
I study during the gaps in my classes. And like I said, it's just this week, not the average

>>27835325
>doesn't make OP give up before even stepping foot on campus = reddit
aight familam
>>
Don't talk. I made the mistake to talk. Just orbit people. Don't talk, just say hi and sit next to them. Trust me in this. If you talk they know you lack social skills. If you are quiet you will blend in.
>>
>>27835532
>he thinks a robot can approach someone without sperging out
>>
>>27830571

That depends, are you sociable enough to enjoy going out drinking and clubbing or are you autistic enough to enjoy anime/gaming clubs.

Otherwise you'll be lonely
>>
>>27830571

Friendship doesn't exist, it's an illusion like love.
>>
>having free time in uni

meme majors
>>
>>27835964
this. the social thing for freshmen doesn't work. I did everything I could to try to make friends early on and the result ended up being that I was avoided at all costs. Even my roommate (who was selected based on my responses for room selection outright hated me for being super autistic and not normal. It got worst when he joined a fagternity.; constantly having to argue with him even while he was drunk. Now I have no friends after 3 years. All the so called "betas nerds" are your typical reddit posters and nu-faggots. Imo is no place for extreme robots like us.
>>
>>27834906
Your post didn't prove shit, you just said "don't listen to these fags who don't have friends, here's a list of shit I'm doing with my already existant friends to humble brag on r9k"

Fuck you.
>>
File: 1429554482449.jpg (113 KB, 864x960) Image search: [Google]
1429554482449.jpg
113 KB, 864x960
>>27830571
I've made some, but the ones back home are so much better. Your experience could be different though
>>
>>27830571
It won't come to you, you have to go out and seek it. But do that, and you're bound to find people.

Personally I find it's easiest to filter potential friends by letting them speak to me first, but fat chance of that happening here. Going to probably drop out at the end of the year and go home, get a real job that pays in hard cash.

Uni is a fucking meme. But you'll have a hell of a time if you're extroverted.

Good luck.
>>
>>27837070
Basically this.

I was also considering dropping out but my parents talked me into staying. Better be fucking worth it
>>
>>27830571
Its not that easy for autist
>>
>>27835964
>implying any student is diligently working 24/7

even the most autistic of STEM-lord still have time to shitpost
>>
>>27830571
6th semester and I have zero friends and feel isolated from everyone
>>
File: tmp_5765-608862738916.jpg (36 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5765-608862738916.jpg
36 KB, 709x765
>attending uni in the fall
Is it worth staying in dorms or is that just a meme too? Don't really like the idea of being packed into a small room with 1-2 other normalfags. Commuting sounds much better
>>
>>27830571
>is it true

Only if you live on or near campus. Start off by being solid with the people you live and those in your course and eventually you'll meet others

By the last year you'll consolidate your friends down to the most important and genuine people you met

If you don't live on campus you're fucked and should drop out now unless you want 3+ years of loneliness

t. I speak from experience
>>
>>27837165
Commute, lots of robots go into unis and get dorms thinking it'll change their social life, it doesn't. More often than not it just makes them miserable being so close to people participating in social activities.
>>
>>27837165
Are you American? In the UK no one that I know of actually shares a room, just a flat. I'd fucking despise having to share a room with some normie faggot
>>
>>27837192
My uni doesn't even have a campus, everything's just scattered all over town.
>>
>>27837233
Then it's shit tier and you shouldn't waste your money on it
>>
>>27837226
American. Lots of unis here seem to accept more than their actual capacity hence the roomate bullshit. The worst part is that they spin as just another part of the "uni experience"
>>
>>27830571
Kind of.
As long as you try to talk to people when the chance naturally arises you can meet people. Just be friendly. You might not make close friends but you'll get to know more people and thats better than nothing
>>
File: hmm.jpg (16 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
16 KB, 620x330
>>27830571
>actually wanting friends

Jesus christ this board is even more of a gathering place for failed normies than it used to be.
>>
Depends on which uni. I went to a very leftist one with no future aaaand made tons of friends. Its also about changing yourself.
>>
>>27837224
Agreed. I went to uni thinking that everything will suddenly change, my mental health would improve and I would become more extroverted. Found it difficult to make friends on my course due to lack of social skills and being isolated for the last two years prior to uni. Then seeing my flatmates make friends and have a good time just made me severely depressed and had a mental breakdown and spent all time in my room. If you have good social skills you will be fine at uni otherwise the will be the shittest three years of your life.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.