[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
people who have had their wisdom teeth removed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
File: jB02w9r.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
jB02w9r.webm
1 MB, 720x404
what level of pain are we talking about here? how sedated were you when it happened?
>>
>>27828410
If I could have my time over I'd rather have died of infection.
>>
>>27828410
I got put under to have all 4 out and never felt any pain during the recovery without even taking painkillers.
>>
>>27828410
you must be 18 years or older to post here
>>
Had my teeth removed in December OP I can tell you all about it

I took a bunch of triazolam before the surgery and honestly don't remember any of it, I blacked out like 30 minutes before the surgery, woke up like 2 after.

There was a bit of pain but they gave me percocet during the surgery for pain after.

The immediate pain after wasn't that bad, was managing it with just 800mg ibuprofen, it only became utter fucking hell when the pain got to my ears from stretching my jaw too wide to chew things.

Still have some pain now as of today when drinking or eating cold things in the bottom molars, need to be careful about how I eat/drink.

What your doctor will do will depend entirely on them, they might fully anesthesize you or just give you nitrous oxide.
>>
>>27828410
No pain, just emptiness.

DO NOT USE STRAWS AFTERWARDS

My dumb family did and they each got dry sockets every time.
Apparently, it's like a living hell

After a while, you can straws again
>>
I had them all surgically removed before they'd even come out of my gums.

They knocked me out. I woke up high as fuck. Then I got sweet painkillers for weeks.

was a surprisingly enjoyable experience.
>>
>>27828490
had mine out at age 27 bro
>>
>>27828410
I just had local anaesthesia. Not gonna lie, it still hurt pretty bad but it should all be over within 15 minutes.
>>
They numb you up so you don't feel anything. My jaw just got tired from holding it open for so long.
Afterwards you won't be able to feel you face and you'll be spitting blood for days.
>>
It really depends, senpai.
In my case, the surgery itself didn't hurt more than a fist to the face, it was easy to manage. However, after the anesthesia wore off, it was impossible to eat anything, I had to stick to liquids. Your breath will probably stink too for a the first day or so, blood can get pretty smelly.
>>
>>27828490
I'm 22. I need to get mine removed. I've been waiting. They've broken through the skin. Once my dental kicks in at the end of the month, I'm going to schedule an appointment.
>>
>>27828490
Im 22 and im just starting to show my wisdom teeth
>>
>>27828479
this t b h, though I took the painkillers just to be high
>>
>>27828410
I had all of them pulled while I was unconscious, it was an impacted wisdom tooth removal ie the roots were so tangled up they were never doing to make it though my gums. It wasn't too bad, apparently said some fucked up shit to the nurses while I was drugged.

Then while healing i had dry socket, Google it the pain is unbearable, no pain killers could touch it had to get some weird mint strip in it for the pain to subside
>>
Why do whites take out their wisdom teeth?
>>
Depending on how much insurance you have, you might be able to be totally sedated. I got xanax, nitrous, and some kind of IV stuff before mine.

Afterwards I took a bunch of oxys. They even doubled my prescription because I kept waking up during the surgery. Definitely try to wake up during surgery, cause I for one really needed all those extras.

The next two weeks were so painful that I thought I had four dry sockets, but I didn't even though I smoked the whole time afterwards (packed the sockets with gauze and was super gentle about it though).
>>
Had 4 removed at once

Went under with laughing gas and anesthetic and couldn't eat anything that wasn't a liquid for probably a week. Shit sucked.
>>
>>27828592
All part of the american dental jew practice. Wisdom teeth are there when the back molars get damaged. They then grow in place.
>>
>>27828592
Unlike in Africa, we have dental care, and wisdom teeth can cause infections, which lead to death.

Okay, ooga-booga?
>>
>>27828479
yep. I removed two of them and it didnt hurt at all.

They were on the upper jaw though and i hear that makes a difference
>>
I was told it makes your jaw smaller and mine is pretty tiny already so I chose not to.
>>
>>27828592
Mine literally disintegrated, almost all at once.
>>
>tfw never had them out
>nothing happened
Is it just a normie meme surgery like circumcision or tonsils?
>>
It's a scam. Don't do it.
>>
Had them taken out last year at 24. I was put under and woke up groggy as fuck. Pain afterwards was a 2/10. Took the 20 norcos in less then two days mainly to get high. Pain after that was 2.5/10. The only part that sucked was nicotine withdraws from not vaping.
>>
>>27828410
I was fully sedated
>>
>>27828749
its literally free in countries with free healthcare.
>>
>>27828778
not true anonkun. many countries dont have free dental but free health care.
>>
>>27828745
No, they have increased infection rates.
My advice is to not get them out until the infection, though.

Fuck needless surgery
>>
>>27828749
Yea right, mine were severely impacted and I increasingly often experienced pain in my jaw. How is this a scam?
>>
>>27828410
sucks to be you. I stopped going to the dentist
because I would get a massive and visible hard on when the qt hygienist did work in my mouth
>>
File: lisa_2.jpg (38 KB, 699x524) Image search: [Google]
lisa_2.jpg
38 KB, 699x524
>>27828821
>my shitty teeth are the same as everyone elses
>>
>>27828794
wisdom teeth are a potential life endangering thing that goes outside of dental, thus itll be covered.
>>
>>27828764
>The only part that sucked was nicotine withdraws from not vaping.
I just used a turkey baster to shotgun smoke into my mouth. No reason that wouldn't work with a vape with maybe some gum to create a seal.
>>
>>27828410
Why the fuck do people get those removed? Is it some sick meme like circumcision?
>>
>>27828888
>>my shitty teeth
My teeth are great stupid nigger. Literally every dentist and jaw surgeon has praised them. Just because a tooth is impacted doesn't mean it's a bad tooth.
>>
>>27828915
Try reading the thread.
>>
>>27828915
our teeth are supposed to be worn down a lot more than they are.

so our teeth often dont fit and it hurts.
>>
>>27828927
>Just because a tooth is impacted doesn't mean it's a bad tooth.
Then why have it removed? Checkmate, Atheists.
>>
>>27828952
Because the angle can cause pain and infections.
>>
I was put under. Had no pain at all, eating normal food two days after. Didn't take my pain meds either
>>
Dentist told me I needed to get mine out. I didn't. One is fully grown in now and other one is almost there. Only problem I had was an infection that I got rid of by rinsing with sea salt water a couple times. No pain. No ragrats.
>>
I was fully awake for mine. They numb your cheeks and each corner of your mouth so you barely feel anything when they pull it out, save for maybe a brief, shooting pain or a faint pinch. The worst part was the crackling sound of having my teeth extracted. Your mouth will be sore for a little while after but it's nothing excruciating.

Also, take your dentists advice about preventing dry sockets. Dry sockets are hell and your breath will stink.
>>
File: toothpull.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
toothpull.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>27828410
had to get my lower left wisdom tooth removed because it was growing sideways. the tooth needed to be broken into three pieces. didn't feel a thing during the operation but the area swelled and it hurt for the next week. I got instant relief when they removed my stitches
>>
>>27828410
Had all 4 removed. One didn't remove so easily so they had to like hammer it essentially. No pain at all during the actual operation. It's an odd sensation because you'll "feel" the teeth being removed but without the pain or anything. All very numb. You'll feel pain during the recovery period but nothing sharp or unbearable. I spent like 1-2 weeks just playing video games to recover. Occasionally had to take antibiotics. Honestly really not that bad + you can listen to music.

It's not a necessary operation unless it's already causing you pain or the teeth are growing into the sides of your mouth (or like really uneven). It will make the rest of your teeth off balance so if you have the opportunity to get them removed I would!

P.S. I have friends who opted not to get them removed and they seem to be relatively fine.
>>
>>27828410

I had all 4 of mine surgically removed at the same time because they were all impacted. I was knocked unconscious. It didn't really hurt afterward, and my face barely swelled up.

One of my co-workers just got all 4 of his removed, his face swelled up like a balloon and he says it hurts like hell, but he is also a huge crybaby bitch so I dunno.
>>
File: dry socket.jpg (38 KB, 450x371) Image search: [Google]
dry socket.jpg
38 KB, 450x371
As long as you don't get a dry socket or other complication, it really isn't that bad. You won't be able to eat hard foods for a while, but the pain isn't very severe after the first day.
>>
Not painful at all, they put me under for it. Afterwards I was a little loopy, but not in pain. Just eat a ton of yoghurt and icecream afterwards.
>>
>>27828410
honestly? i never felt any pain at all really. just take painkillers every few hours. it was much more UNCOMFORTABLE than painful, really. also the taste of that bandage shit they put in your mouth is fucking awful.

it's really not that bad at all, OP. and I had all four removed in one session.
>>
>>27828592
They don't have to be removed unless they become impacted as in growing in sideways which is bad becuase they can get infected or cause abscess and push other teeth out of the way. It usually happens becuase of large teeth in a jaw line that's too small.

I had heavily impacted wis teeth on all fours. Mine were litterialy growing upside-down. I was put under general and they were all removed. I woke up and was given codine and anti swelling meds. I didn't take then pain killers since the pain wasn't so bad. What sucked is you really cannot eat soild food so I was down to Ensure and soup.
>>
>>27828410
local anestesia
no pain at all
>>
>>27828410
Got knocked out for removal. Woke up with some cotton shit in my mouth. Rotated/combined frozen tea bags, vikkies, and rum for 3 or 4 days after. It might have been a week. Idk. When I ran out of alcohol and painkillers everything was fine.
>>
>>27828554
If they are poking through you might not need to get them removed. The only legit reason is pain. Anything else is a cash grab by a dentist or oral surgeon

At 18
>all 3 wisdom teeth not exposed
>told I need to get them out
>ignore them

8 years later I go back to the dentist for the first time
>wisdom teeth exposed
>no cavities
>told I have excellent enamel and teeth spacing
>wisdom teeth don't need to be removed
>>
File: 1432711971932.png (128 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1432711971932.png
128 KB, 454x453
>>27828410
mfw dentist tells me I don't have wisdom teeth
>>
>>27828410
I had 4 removed all at once. Two of them didn't go easy. Because I kept trying to wake up the anesthesiologist had to give me some ridiculously high dose of Propofol, according to the doctor. I have no recollection of the actual removal.

Waking up right after the procedure I felt little pain. I fell asleep once I got home. The next time I woke up, I was in terrible pain. I went through 30 Hydrocodones in 3 days and asked for more, he gave me another 30 and once again I went through them like candy. My mouth/face felt terrible for about a week but the recovery process was fairly quick.

Overall, you should expect pain. Some people deal with it remarkably better than others, I wasn't one of them.
>>
I didn't have any anesthesia and he was just pulling it out. It hurt quite a bit so I grabbed on to the guy's arm but when it was out I was happy as fuck.
feels good man
>>
>>27828410

I had them numb my jaw with novacaine. I think they broke the teeth and them ripped them out. Totally conscious for it. Felt the pressure of the tools and the jostling of my teeth and their implements, but no pain.

Recovery was alright. I was sore and tender, but I wasn't in a great deal of pain. I think my pain tolerance is higher than other people though. I didn't need to take my prescription after two days or so.
>>
Had it done awake,
6 needles in. 1 each tooth and then 1 for the sides for gums.
Bit of a tugging and then just noises mainly. You sort of blank out for the procedure but you don't really fall asleep. Eating the next day was difficult and painkillers helped (Oxycocet prescription).
>>
>>27828410
>Getting your wisdom teeth removed before there's actually signs of them causing medical issues
Waste of money, don't trust your jew dentists.
>>
>>27828490
I'm 25 and my wisdom teeth have only just started to come through, not everyone is an early bloomer like you.
>>
>>27828592

Because most of us are retards who just go along with whatever our money hungry doctors/dentists have to say. Kind of like infant circumcision.
>>
>>27828410
Its not that bad.
I was sedated, and I had all 4 removed in one operation.
Got some oxy when I was done with it.
Out of a bottle of about 20, I took only one, and never wanted to do it again.
The pain was negligible after the operation, and I was back to eating regular foods within a week or so. Friend of mine just got hers pulled, and it looked like someone clocked her on both sides of her mouth!
>>
I'm some kind of mutant or something and had to get 8 teeth removed instead of 4. I got some kind of laughing gas stuff and of course they numbed my mouth. When they were pulling the teeth out, I think two of them broke. At least one did. It didn't hurt at all, but there was a strong pressure feeling in my mouth. The needle from the numbing stuff was more painful. I remember the gas mask reminded me of Darth Vader and I was laughing before the operation started. The doctor also sounded like Elvis which I found hilarious. After all that, once the numbing wore off maybe 20 minutes later the pain was unbearable. I was prescribed painkillers, but my mom didn't get them until way the fuck later. I was pissed off about that because it hurt so fucking bad and she wouldn't get my fucking medicine and my dad was at work so he couldn't get it.
>>
I'm terrified of dental work.

If I ever get them removed, I will go with the surgery where they put you to sleep and then do the operation.

Unfortunately there's a good chance I'm allergic to the anesthesia so getting put to sleep could be permanent.

That feel.
>>
>>27830820

Good news, there is absolutely no reason to have them taken out unless you are actually experiencing issues with them!
>>
My wisdom teeth rooted into my sinuses

Its awful
>>
>>27828410
It varies person to person, but I was in a wholesome state of misery for about a week straight. I couldn't down tomato soup, for fuck's sake. Taking hydros and playing vidya was pretty neat, thought.
>>
>>27828410
No pain, you'll probably have a worse time recovering with the strip of clove fabric they put in the holes. They did that for me and my mouth tasted ridiculous for a long time. And the first time they put it in the holes it's wierd, maybe a bit painful. Don't sweat it though. None of it was unbearably painful, if anything you can get out of doing some stuff for a couple days, eat some pudding and percocets it isn't bad.
>>
>>27828410
The noise of your teeth being ripped out is truly horrifying, and you'll feel really terrible for a week after. Not necessarily pain, but it'll simply be a pain in the ass to deal with.
>>
Eh. I honestly don't remember it being very painful, but I love me some opiates and that was a bit ago. A little gross. My face swelled up like a mother.
>>
>>27828410
Was put under, woke up still frozen with a percocet script.

10/10 experience desu
>>
>>27828915
It's genetics, some people will need it others won't, just think of it like phimosis, some will get it others won't, but americans freaked and started mutilating everyone, at least wisdom tooth extraction isn't forced on everyone yet, its still a choice and voluntary.
>>
>>27828410
It's a pretty easy experience. I was sedated unconscious, as you should be. I remember coming to pretty easily in the operating seat when it was all done. Like I pretty much just woke up and was fine.

As for the pain... It's really dull, easy to ignore. Not taking meds will only make you kind of crabby.
>>
>>27828410
No sedation.
Just localized anesthesia.

You don't feel a thing, except a short sharp pain. It's quite unpleasant, though.
Afterwards it bleeds quite a bit and the healing process is annoying.

Also, I only ever dropped the prescribed painkillers to get high to be honest.
>>
I got the two on the right side taken out first, the other two a month later.
The worst things are
> getting numbing shots into the gums
> not being able to open your mouth fully afterwards
> not being able to eat Schnitzel for a while
The pain is bearable but can get annoying. It'll only kick in a few hours after the op.
The op itself is uncomfortable but usually not painful. Your head will be buzzing from the drill / saw they use. I accidentally some of the numbing stuff which paralyzed my throat so I felt like I was choking on blood the whole time.

It's not that bad.
>>
>>27828410
I had mine remove without painkillers or anaesthesia. I was screaming in agony the whole way through and locked out from the pain
>>
>>27831960
>not being able to eat Schnitzel for a while
V I E N N A
I
E
N
N
A
>>
>>27828410
I had anxiety attacks for two weeks, was crying over nothing at all on a daily basis, and lost 10 lbs.

Have fun!
>>
File: mGw.jpg (170 KB, 524x661) Image search: [Google]
mGw.jpg
170 KB, 524x661
>>27831983
P R U S S I A
R
U
S
S
I
A
>>
>>27828410
I got mine removed in boot camp
They didn't put me to sleep or anything, they just numbed my mouth a little and then tried ripping my teeth out. They found my roots were too strong so they had to drill each tooth into thirds and rip the shards out. Then they stitched the holes shut. The worst part wasn't the pain, it was feeling the pressure from the metal gripper they use to rip your tooth out of the gum and hearing all the snapping and cracking of the teeth as they're being crushed beneath the gripper but still aren't coming out. They gave me 4 codeine pills for the road.

I didn't need the codeine pills. It surprisingly wasn't sore after the next day. Just very bloody.
>>
File: despair.png (26 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
26 KB, 230x230
>>27831960
i got my gums deep cleaned a few weeks ago and the numbing is the worst part of the whole procedure

my tongue got numb and it relaxed as i was lying on my back so it felt as if my throat was closing up, it takes a lot to not panic but i somehow managed

lots of drooling also, i have to go back in a few weeks to get two broken teeth pulled and replaced with bridges. they're going to have to numb me up all over again
>>
Only one of mine is there I think, but it feels as if it's completely come down and taken it's place. I had some sensitivity on one side of my mouth for a while and sometimes it still feels kinda weird.

I'm 22, where the fuck are the rest of my wisdom teeth? How do I know if I should get one removed?
>>
>>27828410
no pain for the first day
after the 2nd day, you start to get a lot of aching pain, but you keep taking your medication and it'll go away
you'll have to clean it out and take your meds for like a week then after that it's won't really hurt anymore
>>
>>27828592
My mouth is too small to hold wisdom teeth, they would have fucked up years of dental work.

Also vicodin.
>>
>>27832096
If you like numbing shots, you'll enjoy ingrown toenails.
Especially when the surgeon fucks up and leaves part of the nail matrix intact so now you still have an ingrown nail but it's seperate from the main nail and grows completely inside the flesh, and now you have to go get your toe cut open every few months.
>>
>>27828592
>chance of pushing other teeth out of position
>very hard to take care of, brush, and floss
>very hard to seal like other molars
>people who keep theirs in america usually have them full of cavities anyways in a few years anyways
>>
File: 1427334535166.jpg (16 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1427334535166.jpg
16 KB, 600x337
>>27828410
They put me under when they took mine out, all 4 of them. I had very little to no pain when I got mine out. The worst I had was some swelling in my cheeks but I was pretty comfortable afterwards. I remember the doctor being surprised when I told him.

>tfw they gave me vicodin
>tfw step dad stole them
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.