[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You seriously walked into this interview without wearing a suit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18
File: 1444350766485.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1444350766485.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
>You seriously walked into this interview without wearing a suit?
>>
>>27823904
Isn't this Wal-Mart?
>>
But my cargo shorts are functional! And my fedora demonstrates my class.
REEEEEE
>>
>>27823904
I've done that before. It's no big deal at a lot of places. I think I've only worn a suit to 1/2 of my interviews.
>>
>>27823904
I'm going for a job interview I don't even want.
Thanks for the tip!
>>
>You seriously walked into an interview
>>
>that's a weird way to appeal to your interviewer, insulting my dress sense
>but i like your style, welcome aboard.
>>
Should I wear a suit for a warehouse interview?
>>
>tfw I'm the only one who wore a frock coat, wing collar and necktie to the interview.
>>
>>27823904

Literally every dollar I've ever made has been online.

Never had to interview for a position.
>>
>>27824120
Only if its men's warehouse.
>>
>>27824191
Did you get the job m99
>>
>>27824120
Simple dress shirt trousers and black shoes. Wear a tie if you want but it makes you look overdressed for a minimal wage job
>>
>>27824237
Similar, except sometimes I have to have meetings over video call. When that happens I wear a nice polo, but no pants, cause the camera can only see me from the waist up :)
>>
>>27824120
Lol no, a polo & dress pants should be fine with casual shoes
>>
Wearing suits is a douchebag thing to do for most jobs, even for offices most dress codes are just business casual now. Slacks with a dress shirt and tie is perfect for 99% of job interviews.
>>
You seriously walked into this interview without a bulletproof vest?

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
>>
>>27824120
Unless you are office drone/pencil pusher there, nah.
I personally like warehouse and factory jobs, usually filled with older men that have experience and stories to tell, usually more laid back and open, no PC bullshit. Get to wear work clothing and does not matter if it gets bit dirty, get to cruise around with forklifts and pallet jacks.
>>
>>27824811
Oh, and afterwards we all give each a good jerk off.
>>
>>27824327
>even for offices most dress codes are just business casual now. Slacks with a dress shirt and tie is perfect for 99% of job interviews.
WRONG. even if the dress code is biz casual you should still wear a suit on the interview.

I think it's prob ok though not to wear a suit to a minimum wage or manual labor position.
>>
Casual formal master race.
>>
>>27824829
>projector.png
>>
>>27824289
nice that's gross as fuck
>>
tfw I have to wear a suit to work 10 hours a day 5 days a week. But desu it feels cool when I go out on lunch or after work, people treat you different when you're casually wearing formal wear
>>
>>27824327

I always hear people bitch about how hard it is to get a job. I wore a suit and got a job easy as fuck. I guess it helps I know basic word processor use and love sucking my own dick but it seems like a sure thing after the interview.

Its nice too because suits are true neutral. No thought required or having to get dressed up, you just put it on, the only rules being no black shoes and save the fun ties for Fridays. They're comfy too. What kind of jackass actually wants to wear jeans? A normal pair of trousers or athletic pants will be a better choice pretty much every time.
>>
>>27825013
Bit loose jeans alongside baggy sweatpants master-race here.
Fit jeans are for dads and skintights are for faggots.
>>
>>27824245
Going for the low-hanging fruit, huh?
>>
>>27823904

if it's a fancy office job you probably should wear a suit but for most other things a pair of pants and a button up shirt is plenty sufficient.
>>
>>27824237
Please teach me your ways, senpai.
>>
>>27824904
>being autistic

Dont wear a fucking suit retard

I got my job not wearing a suit and now I hire people for this company, if you're wearing a suit it's into the trash you fucking tryhard
>>
File: pure style.jpg (27 KB, 459x392) Image search: [Google]
pure style.jpg
27 KB, 459x392
The fuck you gonna do about it, suit-man? Stand up and say it the fuck to my face or step off.
>>
>>27825013
>no black shoes
And just what in the FUCK do you have against black shoes?
>>
>>27824904
I dunno dude, seems like a nice soft color or polo and slacks are fine enough. Don't need a suit for every interview.
>>
>>27825391

there was a kid in my highschool that always wore that style of shirt. he had a wide variety of them, all different colour schemes. i did not understand.
>>
>>27825372
Wow, the hiring manager at McDonald's is a prestigious position.
>>
>>27825070
Obviously you're a fucking fatty. Baggy sweatpants? Seriously? Do you pair them with a stained XXXL "flames" shirt?

And loose jeans aren't cool outside Gathering of the Juggalos.

Wear some real clothes, you fucking child.
>>
Corporate dipshit here working with fortune 100 (some fortune 10) companies.
Nobody wears fucking suits anymore
>>
>>27823904

it's fucking Walmart scum of the earth work place. If i was going upper non working scum then i wouldn't have much of a choice would i?
Fuck off get nuked you cunt piece of shit white garbage faggot.

Daily reminder nobody wants to hire anybody but personal connections or people in there own circle. The rich are faggots and want nothing but pain misery for you all. You want it to change!? fight for it you fucking pussy's,
>>
>>27825421
I work for one of the biggest accounting firms in Canada, any retard that wears a suit comes across as a fucking try hard social retard. Everyone in the office is business casual, no ties, just slacks and a nice shirt. If you come in wearing a suit you have an aura that makes it seem like you're better than everyone.
>>
>>27825424
What do they wear??
>>
>>27825422
(you) that's bad anon really bad.
>>
File: officeattire.jpg (53 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
officeattire.jpg
53 KB, 480x640
Hi, i'm here for the interview.
>>
>>27823904
i'm applying as a software developer, why the fuck would i need a suit, to look nice for the screen i'll sit in front of all day?
cargo pants and a band shirt of some obscure musical semi-human congregation it is.
>>
>>27825486
>slacks
>button down shirt

That's fucking it, anything else is tryhard as fuck, a tie once in a while is fine to change it up
>>
>>27825393

My autism dislikes them, it just looks boring. Some guys like them though, same with square toe shoes or watch bands in anything but metal or tacticool nylon. I own a pair of black monkstraps in but it has contrasting leather so I let it pass. Everything else is brown or oxblood except for my blue suede shoes and neon yellow gym shoes.
>>
>>27825481

I feel you man. If I were hiring the last thing I'd want is an employee who was better than everyone else.
>>
File: businesscasual.jpg (153 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
businesscasual.jpg
153 KB, 450x675
>>27825650

i-is this okay, sir?
>>
>>27824811
I work in warehouse, don't listen to this anon. They're all temp agency niggers who hate whites.
>>
>>27825498
that look is super fuckable though.
Bring back gearhead fashion.
>>
>>27825650
It's the principle

It's like coming in for an interview wearing shorts and a tank top, you look fucking stupid, stop being a socially retarded fuckhead and dress normally for the situation
>>
>>27825498
you seriously showed up for an interview without your katana?
>>
>>27825589

The whole point of a suit is it's not try at all, its just normal. You can't wear a tie without a jacket by the way, not unless you want to look like a jackass.

Why are you so threatened by suits anyway? I quite like being able to get dressed and look impeccable with my eyes closed if I so wanted. If it's real casual I might wear a blazer or other odd jacket, but that requires more effort, not less.
>>
>>27823904
>moo moos for the sloo sloos my good man. Now, I will only assept pay in the form of tendies. Where is your nearest piss jug? I must relieve myself
>>
>>27825419
>tfw senior who always wore Hawaiian shirts

Hawaiian shirt, average height, chubby, Mexican or dark skinned itanians with slicked back hair, never trust them
>>
>>27825667

Beautiful, when can you start, eh.

>>27825716

Really it's probably just a culture thing. America has a proud heritage and puritan work ethic. Suits will look normal in most settings here and you would look out of place without one if you were to work in finance, sales, or law. Even managers were suits in America in all but the dumpiest places like kebab owned gas stations and dollar stores.
>>
File: KGB_4.jpg (22 KB, 429x669) Image search: [Google]
KGB_4.jpg
22 KB, 429x669
>>27825722
*kicks you in shin* no, but ive got these
>>
>>27824327

>no suit on the job

This is okay unless you work in law, are a higher up, or the firm you work at is extremely large/prestigious (Chase, Bank of America, etc.)

>no suit at an interview

Haha yeah good luck with that.
>>
>>27823904
I fucked your wife without wearing a suite either
>>
>>27825723
A suit is try hard, the fact you don't understand this means you're autistic. There is a point where one person becomes over dressed and at most modern businesses wearing a suit is over dressing.

>You can't wear a tie without a jacket by the way
You totally can unless you're fucking ugly or stupid and get one of those generic thick ties that are way to short.
>>
>>27825372
I've worked in recruiting for the last 15 years. I've gotten literally hundreds of people jobs.

With the exception of tech companies (hipsters and autists), you're going to want to wear a suit to any interview for any job worth having.
>>
>>27825417
Not for an interview for a professional job.
>>
>>27825974
>A suit is try hard, the fact you don't understand this means you're autistic. There is a point where one person becomes over dressed and at most modern businesses wearing a suit is over dressing.
You're the APPLICANT. It a sign of respect, even if the companies dress code does not require a suit.
>>
>>27825998
No you aren't, nobody wears suits anymore unless they are retards, at my company anyone who comes in with a suit is pretty much an instant write off
>>
>>27824376
American/10
>>
>>27826061
>>27825998
>all companies are the same
>>
>>27826061
I mean who knows who and wear you work. I'm I work in mid-town Manhattan. You're wrong.
>>
File: 74362379.jpg (73 KB, 335x511) Image search: [Google]
74362379.jpg
73 KB, 335x511
>>27825974

Over dressed would be wearing white tie to a normal every day thing that a suit would have been sufficient for. And any tie looks shit without a jacket unless you're a waiter. Waiters hardly even do that without at least a vest though.
>>
>>27825422
What is wrong with sweatpants? I use them at home so nobodys gonna see them.
And number or two larger jeans are better for your balls, enjoy your crushed nuts.
>>
When I get this job, I'll buy a nice suit, just for you
>>
File: 1457475699485.jpg (27 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
1457475699485.jpg
27 KB, 496x496
>owning a suit
>>
>>27826061

A suit is necessary for all interviews unless you're applying for taco bell. You'll find out soon enough though. Then you'll feel silly about your crusade against men's fashion.
>>
Half these anons probably live in flyover states, and work in dead end dumps.

For PROFESSIONAL positrons you still wear a suit to the interview.
>>
>>27825693
Yea well not all of us live in Jewnited States of Niggerhoods. Ever thought of that BillyBob?
>>
>>27826204
Yeah it's hilarious. And these idiots wonder why they can't get jobs, afford apartments, or attract a mate.
>>
>>27826204
I literally have gotten multiple jobs at big accounting firms not wearing a suit and i've helped hire people for the new company i'm at. Nobody wears fucking suits
>>
>>27826165

Sweatpants are nice but not baggy sweatpants. I don't want children so sperm motility is not too high on my list of considerations when getting dressed.
>>
HR for a large firm here, I don't give a fuck whether you wear a suit or not. I hired a guy who came in with a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops and he ended up making us millions. Just don't be a fucking sperg and have the skills to back yourself up.
>>
>>27826244
Yeah, sure thing buddy. And nobody goes to university either. Only people in trades get jobs at accounting firms.
>>
>>27826244

Just fucking stop. You're a terrible troll.

>big accounting firms
>multiple jobs
>help hired people

The students at my architecture school were dressed to the nines just for internships with regional firms around the state and architecture is considered pretty laid back and flexible in terms of your dress wear. Everything you are saying is a bald faced lie and easily transparent. Take the notch down a bit and you might've gotten a few genuine bites.
>>
>>27826244
If you walk into an interview at a Big 4 w/o a suit you're not getting the job.

Maybe if they get desperate enough they'll hire someone as a pleb-tier auditor who works 70 hours a week for 50k.

But no worthwhile position.
>>
File: 1460127843456.jpg (8 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
1460127843456.jpg
8 KB, 292x219
>You seriously walked into this interview without wearing a mask?
>>
>>27826271
*totally on the level*
>>
>>27826317
>You seriously walked into this interview without being top of your class at 4U?
>>
File: 1421891968873.jpg (22 KB, 351x293) Image search: [Google]
1421891968873.jpg
22 KB, 351x293
>>27826317
I once had an interview with a hr rep named pavel
>>
>>27826298
>being this much of a sperg

Modern businesses dont require suits

Only fucking cock smoking fags wear suits these days
>>
>>27826559

>oh yeah!
>w-well ur jus g-g-gay then!

Wew, you sure showed him
>>
>>27826720
He's wrong

LITERALLY EVERYWHERE

All the big companies in my city, absolutely every single fucking god damn fucking company do not make suits mandatory, nobody wears a suit anymore, if you do you're either a CEO or a faggot that is trying way to hard to look cool, some people wear blazers or coats in the winter but that's absolutely it. Nobody gets fucking hired if they are wearing a suit at all unless they are really really really qualified. Every single job i've had I went to the interview without a suit and i've received 5 job offers just this month.
>>
>>27826751
Yeah, suits are out. Its more of a mix now.
>>
>>27826751
how fucking often are you switching jobs
>>
>>27823904
>I'm unemployed sir, which means that I don't have a money for a suit.

>If I had money I wouldn't even be here right now.

Ones I told a faggot this and he gave me the job, sadly it was a terrible one.
I quit in a month.
>>
File: 1458251405470.jpg (115 KB, 464x416) Image search: [Google]
1458251405470.jpg
115 KB, 464x416
I can't afford a suit..I'm sorry..
>>
>>27826751
I am an employer at a tech company.

Very few of us wear a suit to work, including the CTO.

You do not wear a suit to an interview because you are attempting to demonstrate that you mesh with our company culture. You wear a suit to an interview to demonstrate that you respect our time enough to spend your time preparing for your interview and that you have a best-face to put forward.
>>
>>27826895
I know that feel, animugirl-chan. I wish I could just tell them "pls no bully".

>>27826940
This is the correct answer. Nobody can expect you to know the dresscode or company culture when you go there for the first time for an interview. You show up and you demonstrate that you care. What you wear after you're hired is a different story.
>>
>>27823904
>You see, being the fashion autist that you are, I thought you'd think I'd be trying to one-up you and being the fragile princess that you are, you wouldn't give me the job no matter how good a canditate I am.
>>
depends on the kind of job

if it's minimum wage i'm not going to wear a fucking suit
>>
>>27823904
You wore a suit to this anonymous gay sex rendezvous?
>>
>>27824033
I can't even look at the word "tip" without thinking of "fedora"
>>
>>27826940

I work in a shitty hospital that isn't t even jco certified and all administrative wear suits, even the 'men' in hr. The ceo is a bit of a dandy with his french cuffs and monogrammed shirts, but if this place wears suits I don't think they've completely fallen into disuse.
>>
File: thing.png (22 KB, 233x240) Image search: [Google]
thing.png
22 KB, 233x240
>>27827074
>why wear a suit when you are just going to take it off
>>
>>27827090
They haven't. It really is a respect thing. There are a shitload of people who really will regard you as being intentionally offensive, if you don't wear a suit to a meeting. In--house is different. But you're not in-house if you're interviewing. I would wear a suit to a meeting with investors, a potential client, or even an infrastructure partner like when we have an electrical company come over to talk about renovating a space for new offices.

I didn't used to be one of those people who got offended by people who don't wear suits. But I kinda am, now. I'm working and I have shit to do, and I'm not doing those other things to be here in this meeting, with you. If you aren't prepared enough to wear a suit, then you're shitting all over my time that you're taking.
>>
>>27826751

Can we clarify what we are talking about?

If you are going to a job interview for a job anything above McDonald's you need a full suit. A suit is baseline for an interview and considered the minimum. End of story.

If you are working on the job refer to my other post, >>27825934 where I do agree, some nice dress pants and a dress shirt will get the job done unless you work at a prestigious firm.

Fucking kill yourself. Shit troll.
>>
>If you aren't prepared enough to wear a suit, then you're shitting all over my time that you're taking.
Can the corporate world just stop with this pettyness. Seriously. So what he didn't wear a suit? He's probably in his room that morning, sweating over trying to choose what to wear. As long as he can do the fucking job, what's the fucking point?
>>
File: pepe trump 8.png (500 KB, 1257x1920) Image search: [Google]
pepe trump 8.png
500 KB, 1257x1920
I'll be the greatest dish washer your restaurant has ever seen. It's going to be great, I'll clean them so well that you'll be proud of how clean they are. We will make this kitchen look new again. The roaches will be gone so fast your head will spin, your customers are going to be happy. That pile of dishes will be gone and cleaned as sure as you're standing here. Those other job seekers are all talk and no clean job seekers.
>>
File: ronald-mcdonald.jpg (1 MB, 2026x2600) Image search: [Google]
ronald-mcdonald.jpg
1 MB, 2026x2600
>Why the hell are you wearing a suit? This is a job interview for janitor at a McDonalds!
>>
>>27827286

Sign of taking the job seriously. The more money a job handles the more professional you should look to emulate stability and security in holding a clients money, and replicating this image is important in an interview.
>>
>>27827340
>The type of fabric you wear determines how well you handle money.
Personally if I were in your position I would hire a guy just wearing a button down and slacks. He knows not to waste money on expensive, outdated crap.
>>
>>27825391
guy fieri is a tool and so are you
>>
>>27827390
If people like you were in positions like his companies would go bankrupt.
>>
>>27827390

And that's why you're not handling money.

If saving money is so much of a concern to you that you're saving 500 dollars on a suit from Kohl's instead of a custom tailored suit that signify's you probably don't have that much money to begin with.

>the type of fabric you wear determines how well you handle money

It doesn't. It's a baseline requirement for the aforementioned emulating security and stability. It's a sign of taking the job seriously and making sure your 1 million dollar investment doesn't go to shit because your money handler was too lazy to take the job seriously when someone from another firm stepped up and went the extra mile. If you can't take how you project image seriously nobody will trust you with money.
>>
>>27827286
>what's the fucking point?
My time is the fucking point. I get paid for it, I have shit to do, and here I am in this interview with you.

You are asking me for money, in an interview. Sure: you're willing to work for that money, ok. But it's still money out of my department's budget. You would be taking money that could be going to raises to any of these people I'm working with, and asking me to give it to you, instead. But I can't give them raises, because I have to get a different position filled. And you want me to fill it with you, with money from my budget.

You are asking me for money. Show some respect for that, and take the time to look the way I expect you to. Or I'll spend the money on someone who does.
>>
File: No survivors.jpg (809 KB, 1876x1528) Image search: [Google]
No survivors.jpg
809 KB, 1876x1528
>You seriously didn't crash the plane with no survivors into this interview?
>>
>>27827463
>If people like you were in positions like his companies would go bankrupt.
Reasoning? I am a manager in a distribution center, I wear fucking khaki shorts everyday, anyone wearing a suit to my interview gets laughed at, but I'd still consider him.

>>27827472
>And that's why you're not handling money.
Again, why does the fabric I wear determine my ability to handle money? You're like those headphone faggots over at /g/ who believe spending $2000 on headphones for "muh sound quality" is legitimate reasoning. If you wear an expensive suit, I would doubt your ability to handle money well. You bought a fucking suit. In 2016.

>>27827493
>But it's still money out of my department's budget. You would be taking money that could be going to raises to any of these people I'm working with, and asking me to give it to you, instead.
Ah, I think I've arrived at the crux of the issue now. You want someone to suck your corporate cock.
>>
>>27827633
>Ah, I think I've arrived at the crux of the issue now. You want someone to suck your corporate cock.
When you're asking me for money? Damn straight. You want something from me. Other people want the same thing. I get to decide who to give it to. I want you to swallow.
>>
>>27823904

I heard the professionalism meme is only real in non STEM fields and academics. I heard stemlords can show up to an interview in a polo shirt and jeans and the interviewer doesn't give a flying fuck, as long as you don't look homeless.

Is this true?
>>
>>27827685
Well thank you for the consideration, but I no longer seek employment here. :^)
>>
>>27827633

>why does the fabric I wear determine my ability to handle money?

I literally explained the concept in my prior post word for word.

>you're like those headphones faggots at /g/ who believe spending 2000 dollars....

Not even a vaguely comparable scenario. A 1000 dollar suit is well worth it when you're going to make a 1% return on your clients investment of 1 million and net yourself 10,000 dollars. And you can wear that suit over and over and keep a steady income from your clients because you went the extra mile to make a good impression to clients that you take the job seriously.

Again, it's a baseline requirement. The credentials go far beyond owning a suit, but if you can't even meet the corporate minimum nobody will take you seriously.
>>
People who wear suits and play golf and drive BMW's should be executed.
>>
>>27827335

I wore dress pants, white shirt and tie to an interview for Wendy's when i was 15. ._.
>>
>>27827720
Depends on the job. It used to be true simply because qualified candidates were in high demand.

It's still true at some tech companies, because slacks and a polo shirt have become the ultra-business-cas. But find out whether the business is publicly or privately owned, first. Because if it's a public company? Then chances are the CEO is a guy who knows how to raise money from shareholders, and his job is basically being a professional at convincing old people to give him money. I guarantee you the company he works at wants you wear a suit, in your interview.
>>
>>27827796

ayy, me too at subway

how cucked was I...
>>
This is why I'm self employed, I refuse to suck the cock of some wage slave employer by wearing a suit to an interview.
>>
>>27827742
I think you're missing my point entirely here.
>A 1000 dollar suit is well worth it when you're going to make a 1% return on your clients investment of 1 million and net yourself 10,000 dollars.
So if I show up in nothing but underwear, but that underwear costs $1000, it should be the same right? Obviously fucking not. It's not a suit. So if I am wearing a suit, but it costed me $50, and looks the same as one that costs $1000, what am I paying for? The brand?

>The credentials go far beyond owning a suit, but if you can't even meet the corporate minimum nobody will take you seriously.
Why is this minimum based upon fabric?

At what point does the expense of a suit indicate "ability to handle money". I could go out, get a fancy suit or whatever from Nordstram, and that somehow indicates I'm ready for business? Not a degree, ability to do my job, value from previous employers?
>>
>>27827796
>>27827881
Well, why not? You might have climbed up the manager ladder

I worked in retail when I was 19 and one of the higher executives visited, I think he was the district manager or something. He talked to me in the office about future job prospects just because I always looked sharp during my shifts, I mean as sharp as you can look in black pants and a shirt with a logo on it. But some of the other guys there were really sloppy.

I didn't do it because retail sucks but still.

People in my office building treat me differently ever since I bought a nice coat. When I walk down the stairs or something, strangers assume I'm some big guy.
>>
>>27827928
Business is all about sucking dick and kissing ass, didn't you know?

Seriously. I'm so glad I'm not in business.
>>
>>27828025
Agreed. I wouldn't mind it as much if getting into a company meant job security like it did decades ago, but sadly that's not in our culture anymore.
>>
>>27827928

If the societal standard set expensive underwear as the standard for taking a job seriously, by all means, go all in.

>If I'm wearing a suit that cost me $50

Now you're goalpost shifting. Suddenly we've worked our way up from slacks and a polo to a legitimate suit by your words. If you can seriously get away with a $50 dollar suit that looks like a $500 dollar suit, by all means go for it. The same concept still applies here, which is looking and dressing well despite your abstract monetary figure. You wear a suit not because you want to impress people with how much cash you spent, but because you want to impress people that you take the job seriously.

>why is this minimum base on fabric

Because buying a good suit is unbelievably easy and if you can't even accomplish that then you're out of your league.

>and what point does the expense of a suit indicate "ability to handle money"

Again, for the umpteenth time, you buy a suit because you take the job seriously, the borderline minimum. It is what gives you one step up on chucklefucks like you who wear some slacks from Kohl's and thinks that he can get away with that when somebody else stepped up, went the extra mile and took a bit more effort.

Now the rest of the interview/session/meeting will determine if you have the ability to handle money.
>>
>>27828102
LOOK AT ME, I WARE SUIT. I DEPENDABLE PERSON.

Sorry, I have to go return some video tapes.
>>
>>27828102
>Now you're goalpost shifting.
The reason I said "obviously fucking not, it's not a suit" is because I was anticipating you're response to that question. So I preemptively answered it. Seems like you need to learn basic reading skills.

>You wear a suit not because you want to impress people with how much cash you spent, but because you want to impress people that you take the job seriously.
What is the difference? All I'm reading here is how seriously you take the job is equal to the amount you spend on a suit.

>Because buying a good suit is unbelievably easy and if you can't even accomplish that then you're out of your league.
So, if it's so easy, and makes no indication of job skills, just that you somehow guessed your interviewer wanted a suit this time, why make it a standard? This isn't an industry wide standard, plenty of jobs tell applicants they interview in business casual.

>Again, for the umpteenth time, you buy a suit because you take the job seriously, the borderline minimum. It is what gives you one step up on chucklefucks like you who wear some slacks from Kohl's and thinks that he can get away with that when somebody else stepped up, went the extra mile and took a bit more effort.
You mean jewed out even more shekels and should be glad he did it?

I think it's a sad reflection on the current world when your ability to do a job is based upon what you wear.
>>
>>27828179
Here's what I don't get: why argue about why you think it shouldn't matter?

Like you'll win the argument, and tomorrow you'll wake up in a magical, new world that conforms to your personal standards?

It's about respect for other people, and how they perceive your actions as disrespectful to them.

Are you trying to hone your arguments to present them in an interview? You can't win this argument because there is no argument. You are being informed about how the world is, and you think you can change that by arguing about why you want it to be different.

You can't. Want to change it? Put on a suit. Get into a job where you hire people. Hire people who aren't wearing suits in interviews. Voila: you changed something.
>>
>>27828279
>Here's what I don't get: why argue about why you think it shouldn't matter?
Why are you arguing that they do matter? I fucking know the world won't change, but convincing people that corporate politics, bureaucracy and fucking suits are stupid one person at a time will. I'm not even arguing to change your mind. I'm changing the minds of people reading my posts and lurking.
>>
>>27828279
I make plenty of money and fulfillment without wearing a suit, you stupid shill. The world you're used to is dying out. You're obsolete.
>>
>people in this thread are unironically defending not wearing a suit to a interview

this is why you all dont have jobs
>>
>>27828460
Keep holding onto the old ways, you corporate shill.
>>
>>27828448
Just to be clear? So do I. I wear a t-shirt, slacks and flip-flops to work, most days. But I wear a suit to meetings and interviews, because I have manners and self-respect.
>>
>>27828179
Go to sleep Patrick.

>>27828246
>seems like you need to learn basic reading skills

I'm well aware of your logic, but I'm arguing with a guy who thinks you don't need a suit to an interview so being a bit more concise really doesn't hurt here.

>>27828246
>what is the difference? all i'm reading here is how seriously you take the job is equal to the amount you spent on a suit

It's equal to how good you want to look and emulate the repeated ad nauseum security/stability rhetoric I've been reiterating. And yes, if you take the job seriously you will go the extra mile. Well done.

>why make it a standard?
Because it's that easy. I'm repeating myself here now. It separates chucklefucks like you who can't even do something incomprehensibly easy from the people who can. It doesn't make an indication of job skill, it indicates that you take the job seriously, which I'm getting tired of typing. The rest of the interview will determine how well you are with money. If you come to the job with excellent skills in accounting, money management, or an impressive portfolio but come shabbily dressed, I would think that you don't really take your skill set seriously and I wouldn't be inclined to loan you 1 million dollars.

>jewed out even more shekels and be glad he did it
You should be glad he take it seriously. Christ.

>I think it's a sad reflection on the current world when your ability to do a job is based upon what you wear

It isn't. Taking a job seriously and actually having the skills to carry out said job are two different things. Before you retort with "then why wear a suit", please note my paragraph above the penultimate green text in this post.

>>27828486
>>27828448
That's not the argument we're having. More goal post shifting.
>>
>>27828515
what is the argument then?

im drunk
>>
if you wear a suit for anything in the entertainment industry you will get laughed out of the place
>>
>>27828565
>being in the entertainment industry

dropped
>>
>>27828460
We wear the same clothes that we work in at our meetings because we don't confuse ego with self-respect.
>>
>>27828515
Alright, so instead of replying to that post with the exact same argument I used before and getting nowhere, how about this.
If an applicant asked what type of dress to wear to the interview, how would you respond? If you tell him to fuck off, why.
>>
File: 1445142059684.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1445142059684.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>27828584
ebun very good post
>>
>>27828506
>But I wear a suit to meetings and interviews, because I have manners and self-respect.

How is wearing a suit just to make your boss happy self-respectful?
>>
>>27827720
I've done this. It wasn't even a polo, just a hoodie and cargo pants. It was just a 3 month contract though, and I basically had it before the interview. I work in computer security.

Tons of people wear suits all the time though. Some of them are retarded pointy haired boss types, some are legit. If you're in a large company and in management then you have to dress better than the guys under you. It's just how it is.
>>
>>27828672

>so instead of replying to that post with the exact same argument

You're replying with the same exact argument because you're a retarded child and doesn't know when his points have been countered.

>what type of dress to wear to the interview

"Dress like you take the job seriously."
>>
>>27825693
>temp agency niggers who hate whites
Hispanic men I've worked with have been quite pleasant. But I live the North.
Blacks are split, many young blacks are kind of lazy, and only work when they're being watched. Not that it bothers me, I didn't have much loyalty either.
Some are cool guys, some are just awful.
Women were mostly awful regardless of race.

>>27825998
>you're going to want to wear a suit to any interview for any job worth having
What jobs do you employ for? Because 10$ warehouse jobs aren't something I'm going to buy a suit for.
>>
>>27828726
I don't grant your premise that I only wear it to make my boss happy.
>>
>>27823904
Just like I walked into your wife last night, bitch. Lmao.
>>
File: peperoger.jpg (47 KB, 475x413) Image search: [Google]
peperoger.jpg
47 KB, 475x413
>>27823904

You always wear a stylish suit that is tailored on ANY interview, period. Right away it shows you are fucking serious, even if it's overdressed for the job. That goes a long, long way.

I've only had a few serious interviews in my life. Everytime I wore a suit and everytime I got the job.

That's right. I've never had an interview where I did not get the job. My current job I got out of over 100 applicants, and a dozen interviews. 80k a year figuring out what other jagoffs should get paid.
>>
>>27824289
I would be smirking through the whole interview l m fuggin a o
>>
>>27826822

Now that is fucking snazzy. Anyone could get laid wearing that.
>>
File: 1416305631174.jpg (119 KB, 757x502) Image search: [Google]
1416305631174.jpg
119 KB, 757x502
It's a tracksuit, because I believe I am suited to keep your business on the winning track
>>
If you're being interviewed for a job as a clown, what do you wear?
>>
>>27830544
>That's right. I've never had an interview where I did not get the job.
mm mm mmmm you can smell the arrogance from here

>yep u guys red my post right. you read it right. yep, never failed interview. your eyes didnt deceive you. thats right.
>>
>>27830851
Wacky business suit, spinny bow tie and a flower that spits your mother's tears of disappointment
>>
>>27830925

Yep. It's because I always wore a suit to perfection, didn't act like a spazzy autist and I prepared like a mofo.
>>
>>27830850
if you were a charming Chad that kind of shit might just work.
>>
>>27830988

And doing those 3 alone probably sets me to only a few others in the interview process. My natural good looks, charm, intellect and resume took me the rest of the way.

You want to look and act like someone they want to be friends with and see everyday. If you look like a model in a suit and act confident and cool but friendly and not douchey they will overlook a lot of things in your resume.

I mean unless you are grossly unqualified you can be trained to do a lot of entry level jobs without experience.
>>
>tfw you have software engineering experience at a fortune 10 company and show up to interviews in a button down and jeans
>tfw they can't reject me because my experience carries me harder than anything any other applicant can do
ez life kid never had to wear a suit to an interview in my life
>>
>>27831133
This guy is right. You need to git gud.

Suits are for corporate cogs, which is legit if that's what you want. They give off that East Coast "I get promotions by drinking with the right people" vibe
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.