[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /poorfag/? >never had not outdated console or computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17
File: rzul.jpg (87 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
rzul.jpg
87 KB, 500x484
who else /poorfag/?

>never had not outdated console or computer
>diet consists of cheap unhealthy food
>pizza or mcdolans is luxury
>never was abroad
>poorfag's mindset, feel bad about spending money on something and wonder if it was necessary
>>
>>27810069
how did you end up poor, anon
>>
>>27810111

my parents are irresponsible alcoholics
>>
File: mass.jpg (72 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
mass.jpg
72 KB, 720x540
>diet is dictated by what is on sale at grocery store
>walmart is too expensive
>shop at grocery outlet store that sells stuff that is out of date
>still wearing underwear purchased in 2003
>visit slickdeals dozens of times everyday in case there is a price mistake on something nice
>>
>>27810140
g-get a job?
>>
talk to me OP. i am a very good person, i swear. i won't judge you. i just want a friend. i will try to give you comfy feelings and i will try to help you, no financially but in other issues.
>>
I have poorfag mindset except I'm getting tons of welfare bux and still feel guilty spending it
>>
I'm a poorfag but I'm 19 living with my parents going to uni half on scholarship half on aid I fucking hate being poor. In highschool I couldn't go out with my friends cause no cash, I never got a car and walked every where, I had shit clothes I had a wageslave job since I was 16 and gave most of my paycheck to my parents. With no car and no money I couldn't really get a chick either. I never went to parties or prom cause of work.I was super jealous of rich kids cause they got everything and didn't have to work. The thing is after highschool I realized I'm in the same boat and idk if I want to keep going anymore if it's even worth it.. any success stories out there after uni.
>>
>>27810069
I save most of my paycheck every month and live far below my means.

Spending even $100 on something I don't need feels very unpleasant. Even if I can afford it.

If I feel really pleased I'll spend like $15 on Chinese food and beer.

Feels good man.
>>
File: 895964.jpg (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
895964.jpg
24 KB, 250x250
You can buy alot of food pretty cheap. Before I went neet I was living pretty poverty but coin it right.
First use the foodbank its easy and free there all over the place
Second learn to cook, shit like potatoes and rice are dirt cheap apse meats scan be too.
Shit like pork neck bones, chitlins, and pork knuckles are cheap as fuck that's why they are nigger food. They are fuckin good though, if u cook em right. Also chicken thighs n legs are super cheap. Shop smart man. Also check out food stamps senpai
>>
File: 1391563718759.jpg (44 KB, 415x518) Image search: [Google]
1391563718759.jpg
44 KB, 415x518
checking in OP

I spend what little money I have on dumb fucking shit too. I've given up on ever making a lot of money or having a decent job or any of that.
>>
>mfw hearing my mom cry in her room at night cause they turned the water and electricity off
>moving houses constantly every year
>four people in one room
>dollar menu was only menu
>one pair of shoes for two years
>hand me downs
My childhood was depressing
>>
>>27810069
reporting in OP, i come from a poorfag/recently gone crazy mum
>can't afford a lot of the things i want not even the cheaper alternatives
>can't move out because i don't make enough to support myself
>always got shit to pay but never have much money left over

the worst part is I need to move out because i found my mum hasn't been paying the rent and now she has a court hearing and we're probably gonna get evicted
>>
>>27810302
not really a success story but, i feel where youre coming from. living in some dingy basement, other shit conditions with senpai because of money problems.

my mom never really made anything of herself but, right now i'm a junior at uni and what keeps me going is that i might have the potential to with a degree. like yeah, i know people can get by and do well without one through hard work etc, but anything that can get me a leg up is something to try for

keep hanging in there, i don't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet but when your only other option is going back and quitting, just keep going
>>
>>27810413
You Americans really have a shit country. Your gov't literally doesn't give a fuck about the people at all and they don't even pretend to at this point.

Growing up I always wanted to be American because of TV, Movies and music. But not anymore.
>>
>>27810069
I'm in a similar boat. My car broke down and now I have to drop my classes because I can't get to them.(live in car dependent rural area) If learn how to build things you can have some nice things without paying out the ass. I recommend learning how to build something(tables, guitars, etc) selling crap online. I'm thinking of moving out and going somewhere where there's more job opportunities
>>
>>27810480
I make six figures @ 23, and I can tell you if you have money, this place is awesome.

Fuck the poorfags
>>
dying on the street because I can't afford medical insurance or bills. A-American dream right...
>>
Thanks anon.. But Yeah I feel the same way but honestly I just need to make decent money cause I've been so below the poverty level that this lifestyle is kinda engraved in me so even with a decent job I'll still be making more than my parents ever did. This makes me sad but hopeful.
>>
>>27810480
>You Americans really have a shit country.
There's a very strong brand of cognitive dissonance. If a woman can't afford a child nobody wants her to have an abortion but nobody wants to help her with that baby either. We hate drugs and crime but we don't like helping the kids who do these things get jobs.
>>
>>27810480

We really do senpai. America doesn't just ignore its poor, it actively criticizes and attacks its poor. It's fucking disgusting. Then rich people complain that their freedumbs are being attacked because a few bucks might get scraped off the capital gains their investing Jews made through financial trickery.

I have no doubt that libertarian and neoconservative bullshit is popular on this site ONLY as a result of right-wing shilling.

I'd emigrate to Canada if it were feasible.
>>
>>27810140
>my parents
Sympathy gone.
>>
File: 1459309605913.jpg (561 KB, 700x1075) Image search: [Google]
1459309605913.jpg
561 KB, 700x1075
At least I'm still comfy.
>>
>>27810657
>it actively criticizes and attacks its poor.
I wish the government would make all poor women have abortions because they can't raise their children.
>>
File: 1460190348624.jpg (155 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
1460190348624.jpg
155 KB, 800x521
It never gets better. Yet we keep trying.

the joke's on us
>>
>>27810480
>Growing up I always wanted to be American because of TV, Movies and music.

You know how North Korea makes their country look amazing in media? That's kind of like America. As retarded and exaggerated as that sounds, it's true. Our police system is completely broken, cops have both quotas and zero accountability. They can kill anyone and get away with it, they can arrest anyone without any evidence and get praised by their boss for it. Police exist to make as much profit as possible, prisons are a business to make the state money.

Plus, you walk down a street here in the US and three out of four people are overweight or obese. That is statistically proven.
>>
>>27810413

>hearing mom cry because you told her to not worry about christmas because you knew your parents couldn't afford it
>>
>>27810684
>justgetajobbro.jpeg
The fact that his parents are a couple of winos explain why his life is fucked up. Alcoholics have shitty spending habits and are generally abusive to their children
>>
Being a robot in America must be hell, having to pay $100000 for mental health services and all, no wonder people just go to their local K-Mart, buy a gun for $100 and shoot up their local kindergarten
>>
>>27810069
>>diet consists of cheap unhealthy food
Eating healthy is actually really cheap, you just have to know how to cook and buy the right stuff. I feel you on the luxury though, never been anywhere higher class than an olive garden
>>
>>27810744
The justice system isn't corrupt third world nation tier, but it's definitely a long standing problem.

America is awesome if you happen to be rich and good looking though. Most places are pretty alright under those circumstances.
>>
>>27810744
that literally isnt true. The media is literally telling everyone that cops kill for free and get away with it. And that just simply isnt true. Kill yourself jew.
>>
>>27810771
>having to pay $100000 for mental health services and all, no wonder people just go to their local K-Mart, buy a gun for $100 and shoot up their local kindergarten
You're exactly right. Adam Lanza desperately needed therapy, but he was denied it because it was too expensive. His radio call-in describes how fucked western society is with an allegory of a monkey, raised as a human for most of his life, fat and medicated, who ends up snapping and lashing out. Just like Adam did. https://youtu.be/J0VSX2gSlUM
>>
>>27810789
Alright, take out the "kill anyone and get away with it", my point on policing for profit still stands. I completely support cops who kill violent thugs in self-defense. I just don't support cops who for example get absolutely zero repercussion for throwing a flash grenade in a baby's crib, giving it severe burns and likely ruining its entire life due to brain damage and trauma. Again, zero repercussions whatsoever, source related. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/us/georgia-toddler-stun-grenade-no-indictment/
>>
>>27810838
Also keep in mind cop salaries are usually close to 100k.
>>
File: 1396016896959.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1396016896959.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>tfw poor
>tfw in tons of debt too
Neat, I get to be an indentured servant
>>
>>27810871
They make like ~32k here.

I doubt even the higher ups make that kind of cash around here.
>>
File: milkgirl.jpg (103 KB, 640x820) Image search: [Google]
milkgirl.jpg
103 KB, 640x820
>see girl doing something intelligently frugal
>instantly become super attracted to her

anyone else?
>>
>>27810871

Not even fucking close. It's more like 40.

>>27810789
>>27810838

The fact that people profit off of the prison industry alone should piss everyone off.
>>
File: life.png (10 KB, 368x182) Image search: [Google]
life.png
10 KB, 368x182
the ride never ends.

what to do with last 2 grand?
>>
>>27810907
In most major cities cops make HUGE bank. LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, and the list goes on.
>>
>>27810940
One final drug, and alcohol party with yourself
>>
>being frugal
You only get one chance at life, why bother
>>
File: 1410388983487.jpg (54 KB, 953x710) Image search: [Google]
1410388983487.jpg
54 KB, 953x710
>>27810917

Fuck off and take your shit to another thread

coxxxbloxxx
>>
>>27810943
How much of America consists of most major cities?
>>
>>27810940
If you don't have a car get a geo metro
If you do learn how to build tables and sell them.
>>
>>27810940
Acquire some legitamite mdma, go to strip clubs and ask the girls if they do "extras" in the VIP, then get blown in the back room for $100 while enjoying the sky high serotonin.
>>
>>27810917
Yes, it's incredibly attractive when a woman can work on a tighter budget t b h
>>
>>27810970
Most Americans now live in urban areas. But cops are rich as fuck in urban areas
>>
>>27810976

>my car is a geo prizm
>dad is a hoarder... no space to build tables (much less do pushups)
>>
>>27810153
Most of those Bod sprays smell good as fuck, my favorite is definitely Most Wanted which is based off that sweet-smelling but insanely overpriced Abercrombie cologne. As of currently I just use Nautica Voyage since it's cheap but I want to order some more Curve. Inexpensive fragrances are the bee's knees.
>>
>>27810917
>not filling up on chocolate milk
it literally has more vitamins than regular milk. theres no reason not to
>>
File: Wojak53.png (20 KB, 474x473) Image search: [Google]
Wojak53.png
20 KB, 474x473
>tfw only son to a single mother that cleaned motel rooms for a living
>couldn't afford food for the both of us at times
>she would buy me food and pretend that she already ate
>she knew I would make us share it if she didn't have anything
>>
File: IMG_2756.jpg (94 KB, 560x674) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2756.jpg
94 KB, 560x674
>>27811006
nice choice.
have you tried Fresh Blue Musk? It's my current fav.
>>
>tfw 26
>tfw still live with parents
>tfw can't find fulltime job no matter how hard I look and try
>stuck living with my dad who is here constantly and that I fucking despise and my mom who now sleeps in the room next to mine and gets up all the fucking time and makes noise
>tiny dogs barking all day at dumb bullshit
>can never take it easy at any time of day anymore

I just want to get the fuck out of here holy shit. I feel like shit bitching about my parents but a 26 year old should not be living with his fucking parents

Who else /trappedandhopeless/?
>>
File: 1409781175588.png (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1409781175588.png
23 KB, 400x400
>tfw it's cold as fuck but you can't afford to have the heating on for a long time or sometimes, at all
>>
>>27811066
holy shit... this is like my situation right down to the dad, mom in the next bedroom, and dogs.

recently i paid $25 to become a guest member of a local college library. i've started going there a coupe hours a day to shit post and look for jobs online. at least it gets me out of the house.

I'm 33 btw
>>
File: VIP.jpg (34 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
VIP.jpg
34 KB, 324x450
>>27811050
Eh Fresh Blue Musk smelled kinda funky from what I remember but it was still pretty good anyway. I always wanted to try their 24k because Paco 1 Million is one of my favorite scents (I never actually bought it though, if I did I wouldn't be in a poorfag thread haha.) It's really sad that Playboy VIP cologne is being discontinued because it smelled exactly like 1 Mil while being $10 for 3.4oz, very cheap for how similar it smelled.
>>
Who here /ownsmoreunderwearandpajamasthanactualclothing/ here?
>>
File: 1460145650167.png (245 KB, 390x411) Image search: [Google]
1460145650167.png
245 KB, 390x411
>>27811107

I'm grateful they let me stay and everything but I just can't stand this shit man.

I love my mom and I'm grateful to my dad (though I don't really like him), but god fucking damn. I hate pets so much; annoying, yapping pieces of shit that do nothing but make messes and noise.
>>
>>27810769
I know a lot of poor guys that live with parents and have jobs but their parents steal from them to buy booze.

They don't make enough to move out and they are also not soulless, and care about their declining parents physical and me and health
>>
>>27811137
i bought their 24k a few years ago. I didn't really care of it, though I'm not familiar with paco 1 million. Apparently it's been discontinued - I remember seeing some bottles of 24k selling for over $30 on ebay.
>>
>tfw life would be great if i wasn't poor as hell

i've managed to attract an ultra qt and everything but i just can't hold down a job or save cash so who knows how long she'll stick around for
>>
>>27811189
1 Mil smells like vanilla and delicious chicken tendies. Except less tendies and more vanilla.
>>
>>27811066
you sound like an absolute faggot. Your parents provide for you for fucking 26 YEARS of your life adn you still complain about about them living in their own house. Would kick you out if I ever heard you complain like that desu.
>>
I truly do wonder what it's like to have a lot of money or comforting career...
>>
>Is' set in middle earth.

Wat>? could be beta.
To many epsilons on ere lads.
>>
Zika'rage = The Epsilon Project.

Weed - Weed (1971) - Full Album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFUrnc1IMJg
>>
>>27810302
Are you literally me? Being poor has been the one thing that has really held me back in life. I was lucky enough to be born decent looking, but my parents couldn't afford health insurance or to take me and my three siblings to the doctor/dentist growing up so my teeth are a lot more fucked up than they should be. I made friends in grade school and middle school but I could never have them over because the shitty apartment my family lived in was always dirty, had like no furniture, and we didn't have any gaming consoles like my friends did so there was nothing to do anyway. Pretty sure this was the start of what gave me my huge inferiority complex.

Then when high school came, holy shit that only got worse. Since I went to such a good school the tuition was so high that most of the kids there were pretty rich. They were nice people for the most part but I felt so bad when they would invite me over to their houses and they had so much more shit than I did and there parents would just give them money to go see a movie or something, which my parents almost never did. And my parents didn't have a car, so I had to ride the city bus an hour and a half just to get to school every day. And my parents couldn't pay for driver's ed for me, so I could never get my own car, so I couldn't keep a job because I didn't have the time to juggle that, the hour and a half bus rides to and from school, and homework without feeling completely burned out and having my in school performance suffer.

I mentioned earlier that I was lucky enough to look decent, right? Well, since I had no money and no car, I could never take the few girls that did like me on dates or pay for tickets to school dances or go to parties with friends since all my friends lived on the other side of the city.
>>
>>27810940
Oh brother you are fucked. The reason credit card companies make money is because of people like you cause they have ridiculous interest rates.
>>
>>27811744
>tfw all credit card debt is at 0% cause i roll balance transfer promo offers
>>
>>27810069
>dad is a doctor
>mom stole half of his money, blew it all on vacations and a new car, then forced him to waste the other half fighting phony lawsuits
>grew up lower-middle class as a result

Advice to rich black robots out there: don't marry the first white girl that shows interest in you.
>>
>>27811529
Also to add on to this, I think a lot of people who say "just get a job" don't realize that stuff like fast food is hard to get into because there are literally tons of adults competing for the jobs that everyone says are supposed to be for teenagers (I would know because I worked in fast food for a short bit before I realized I got fired for falling asleep on the job because the only way I could make it to work and get my hw done and study was to cut myself short on sleep), and most middle/upper class people get their first jobs because their parents know somebody, or their neighbor knows somebody, or their best friend's parents knows somebody. When your parents work shit jobs that are barely enough to feed their families, and you live in a poor area where nobody knows anybody who can help get you a job, it's significantly harder. So when you go out into the real world, nobody wants to fucking hire you because you have no experience and no references. So even on the off chance you end up getting that shitty McJob as a full time employee (which probably won't happen because they prefer to hire people part time), if you live in one of the states with the lowest minimum wage (about $7.25) you'll be making about $15k a year, and even if you live somewhere where the minimum wage is $10, you'll only make about $20k a year.
>>
>c2d gforce9500
>hacked ps2

That's my setup.
>>
File: freeshrieks.png (1 MB, 1447x1080) Image search: [Google]
freeshrieks.png
1 MB, 1447x1080
>>27810069
>tfw looking at old school photos and seeing all the hand-me-downs you wore for them
>>
>>27811802
Not to mention that poorfag parents don't generally have any contacts, so you can't benefit from nepotism like half of the population.
>>
>>27812053

This. Connections are EVERYTHING.
>>
>>27812053
That's what I meant what I said most upper/middle class people get their first jobs because their parents or their neighbors know someone. Every one of those rich kids I knew in high school and even college got their first job waiting tables at their dad's restaurant, or an office position at the hospital their mom worked at, or a data entry position at the accounting firm their dad worked at, or an entry level marketing position at the company their uncle worked at, it's just batshit insane that a bunch of dumbfucks who never really had to worry about their grades can get good work experience just because they were born. When your parents are both working minimum wage retail jobs, they can't get you anything no matter how hard you work.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.