[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck exactly is depression not an attractive trait in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: 1454406812459.jpg (27 KB, 469x469) Image search: [Google]
1454406812459.jpg
27 KB, 469x469
Why the fuck exactly is depression not an attractive trait in men?

What is so goddamn "creepy" or unattractive about a depressed man?
>>
Is that a red space skeleton? Can I save this picture?
>>
>>27808898
>what is unattractive about someone who's an emotional drain on everyone around them

No idea m8.
>>
>>27808898
Yeah, an emotionally hollow partner is ideal!
>>
>>27808917
Save it. It's all yours, my friend ;)

Thanks for joining us tonight.
>>
>>27808922
>>27808937
Well what the fuck do cunts want? If they want a high-energy clown who can "make them laugh xdDD" they can go down to the fucking circuits and fuck one.
>>
>>27808975
Someone who is fun/interesting
You know, a person I would actually want to spend all my free time with
>>
>>27808975
>If they want a high-energy clown who can "make them laugh xdDD" they can go.. and fuck one.

Women do precisely just that; choose the energetic 'fun' males over the self loathing depressives. People like things that make them feel good; depression is not one of them.
>>
>>27809030
It's not my job to entertain you.
>>
>>27809050
You mean a magical pixie dream boy. Then they get bitchy and all feministy when we want the same thing.

Fucking cuntwhores.
>>
>>27809051
...there supposed to like your company.

If you just want sex, pay a prostitute.
Besides, if your in a good relationship you shouldn't be depressed.
>>
>>27809051
People that are actually compatible inherently enjoy spending time together
There's no effort involved
>>
File: 1436263867156.png (511 KB, 836x964) Image search: [Google]
1436263867156.png
511 KB, 836x964
>>27808898
Why the fuck is [unattractive trait indicative of unfitness] not and attractive trait in men? What is so goddamn "creepy" or unattractive about an unfit male?
>>
>>27809082
>>27809082
Well, why can't they like the company of a depressive? I like depressive people, why can't they?

I can't be an endless source of amusement and entertainment for bitches. Again, I ain't no fuckin clown.

>>27809093
>arbitrary bullshit goalposts that cunts constantly shift
I don't like you as a person. I just want you to know that.
>>
>>27809072
>You mean a magical pixie dream boy

Nah, just a male who isn't seething with hatred, unhappiness and negativity. That kind of guy does exist, and is pretty common. People generally avoid negative experiences and people if they can.

You're free to want someone who can bring similar positivity to your life, but relationships are pretty much transactional; you'll have to have something that makes them want to be around you and with you. Being depressed and generally detracting from their quality of life isn't a prospect that's going to attract much anyone. You're right to think that you're not obligated to do anything for them, but neither are they obligated to do anything for you.
>>
File: 1460339099911.png (417 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1460339099911.png
417 KB, 792x540
>>27809196
>I don't like you as a person. I just want you to know that.
That was my first post in your thread and I don't understand why you must hurt my feelings like that. Please don't do that. I just rephrased your post to make the answer to your questions evident because they really are rhetorical as fuck my dear anon can't you see that?
>>
>>27808898
Because nobody wants to be around some fag who is depressed all the time, it brings them down too. Hate to say it but that shit spreads and people who are happy spread happiness are more preferable to be around.
>>
>>27809196
>Well, why can't they like the company of a depressive? I like depressive people, why can't they?

So you shouldn't have to change your behavior for them, but they should have to change their behavior and preferences for you?
>>
>is depression not an attractive trait in men?
Are you implying that depression is an attractive trait in women?

And why the fuck would it ever be an attractive trait?
>>
>>27808898

DUDE SUCK IT UP AND JUST BE A REAL MAN LMAO

Toxic masculinity, essentially.
>>
>tfw being a depressed lonely person is my main personality trait
>tfw relaying that to a potential gf is a major red flag to put it lightly
>tfw "just B urself!!!"
i await my inevitable death with open loving arms
>>
>>27808898
I don't really know
I think I'm attracted to it, or at least instability

Depends on the kind of depression too, I guess
>>
File: 473468736859469.pngXX0001.jpg (125 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
473468736859469.pngXX0001.jpg
125 KB, 1280x1080
>>27808898
Short answer depends if they understand what depression really is.
If they don't: They find it unattractive because they fear you will be a blubbering mess that can't take care of anyone or be a happy positive person to see when times are grey.
If they do: They fear the self destruction that comes from that poison well of inactivity that depression brings with it. Most people do not enjoy being with a person that can not self motivate to any real degree.
>>
>>27809340
they should be accepting, they never know who might put a fucking bullet in their head. i guess people don't give a shit though, it's not their job to care. life is a cold thing.
>>
File: 1456345420786.png (183 KB, 480x502) Image search: [Google]
1456345420786.png
183 KB, 480x502
>>27808975
>They don't want extreme A so they must want extreme B!
Come on anon
>>27809082
>Besides, if your in a good relationship you shouldn't be depressed.
Assuming OP is talking about clinical depression outside factors don't fix it. It's a battle that stays with you regardless of your accomplishments. A successful person with depression might just mean he won't eat a bullet when he hits his worse days.
>>27809196
If you expect the world to treat you fair be prepared for it to destroy you. Your logic is on par of thinking a poisonous snake won't harm you because you don't harm them.
>>
Some women find it attractive. Or maybe it is more of a pity thing. They think they can fix you, even if you assure them that they will never be able to. Some do not understand that these illnesses can never go away. Therapy and medication can help lessen symptoms, but I do not believe that one can be "cured".
>>
>>27809460
>they should be accepting

accepting how? If you mean allowing you to coexist peacefully, I agree. If you mean 'accepting' as in dating you, that's ultimately their call. You can't override their autonomy simply because it's convenient for you; they're as free to reject you as you are to not "act like a clown" for them.

>they never know who might put a fucking bullet in their head.

So they should change their behavior because you want them to and you could harm them if they don't. Generally, most people don't care for others who threaten them into doing things. And doing so is literally the textbook definition of creepy: 'causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease'.
>>
>>27809340
welcome to r9k
Enjoy the REEEs
>>
Your fucking personality is irrelevant. Always remember this. Girls just want a guy that fits a certain aesthetic
>>
>>27809587
I meant it in the not being a dick and treating you like a fucking human being which isn't much nowadays. I know I'm not entitled to shit and never would believe that.
>>
>>27809460
Yeah but that's no what you are talking about.
You are not wanting to be accepted so much as embraced/loved by another, very different thing.
>they never know who might put a fucking bullet in their head.
yeah you totally sound like the type of damaged good ever girl wants.
>i guess people don't give a shit though
they do but not the point they are going to hold your hand and put up with shit they either can't handle or don't want to. I can have empathy towards you and help with in reason but I'm not going to try and be your cure all or fake that I enjoy you are what you are.
>>
Are you trying to sell it as an attractive trait? It's not, coming from a fellow /depressed/ lad, quit trying so hard to be "le im depressed :("
>>
>>27809643
>I meant it in the not being a dick and treating you like a fucking human being which isn't much nowadays.

I agree with that, although threatening someone with violence might be counterproductive to that.
>>
>>27809643
That's so arbitrary that you need to paint a story
Because I've discovered everyone views being a dick, asshole,etc is different for everybody. Girl tells you she won't date you because you are mopey she's a cunt. Girl walks around the issue and won't be honest with her feelings she's a cunt. See what Im getting at here?
>>
>>27809668
I'm not expecting someone to love/embrace someone who can't love/embrace themselves. I want to be accepted but that's pretty vague I guess. I'm not the guy you replied to originally though if that's what you were thinking.

>>27809695

Meant killing themselves
>>
File: 1351325623001.png (55 KB, 193x195) Image search: [Google]
1351325623001.png
55 KB, 193x195
>>27808975
No stupid, they want someone who can take care of their own shit and who is emotionally stable. Do you have any idea how draining it is to hang around with depressed, self-involved, weak-ass men? It's torture.
>>
>>27808898
>What is so goddamn "creepy" or unattractive about a depressed man?

Oh, you know. Being a boring, unenthusiastic, unfun, uninteresting, uncharismatic, uncharming, unconfident

The list really goes on.
>>
>>27809561
>women love psychos
>women love legit retards
>schizos
>antisocial criminals
>paranoids
>but not a depressive, nope can't have them being an "emotional black hole"
>>
>>27809700
Not respecting your basic rights to not be some happy energetic person all of the time. Again, I'm not expecting them to want to be my friend but being called a creep because I look sad is just being a cunt/dick.
>>
>>27809714
>killing themselves

Oh, ok. That was a bit unclear.

Most people generally don't care all that much for how their actions affect others, beyond socially enforced formalities. It's sad, but it applies to most everyone, you and me included.
>>
File: 1454914198184.jpg (47 KB, 371x348) Image search: [Google]
1454914198184.jpg
47 KB, 371x348
>>27809317
Aww, you're okay fampai, I like you.
>>
Are you fucking serious? Spending long periods of time around depressed people is likely to make you depressed too. So unless the girl has "princess in distress" fetish, she would rather find someone who has his shit together than come and rescue your useless sorry ass. You'd cause more problems than you'd solve.
>>
>>27809460
lol Nice b8 m8.
>>
>>27809196
you dont have fucking depression you retard. you are literally just a clown, you are boring, stupid and probably shit looking.
when you have depression everything is shit, you dont feel joy and nothing makes you happy, no matter if it sounds edgy.
>>
>>27809548
>Assuming OP is talking about clinical depression outside factors don't fix it. It's a battle that stays with you regardless of your accomplishments. A successful person with depression might just mean he won't eat a bullet when he hits his worse days
This anon knows the truth.
>>
we cease to become providers and therefore are good for nothing pieces of shit.

I'll be killing myself soon. Don't listen to anything I say.
>>
>>27808939
stop this meme now!
>>
>>27809818
It's true though. Women want men who can give them things. If you just make her life shittier, she has no reason to keep you around besides maybe pity.
>>
>>27808898
bad health is unattractive.
>>
>>27809764
>Psychos
superficially charming, heavy dark triad traits
>legit retards
Have you met a retard? They're entertaining as fuck.
>schizos, paranoids
Engaging, rich inner life

Depressives on the other hand, are just a sluggish 'blah', sucking the life out of the environment around them until everything is a tepid gray.
>>
>>27809855
Or, you know, who can contribute something to their livelihood. Are you really saying that a man who is incapable of making a living should be in a relationship? How would that even work, is she going to support your NEET ass? Even if someone, somehow agrees to do that - do you expect her to respect you, or even like you? This is ridiculous, people who want relationships but are unwilling to work on themselves are delusional.
>>
>>27809910
Yet women still go with all types of useless scumbags.
>>
>>27809863
>Have you met a retard? They're entertaining as fuck.
I don't know what retards you're talking about, because the only ones I've been forced into interacting with were absolutely fucking unbearable. It's like speaking to an aspie times a thousand.
>>
>>27810016
But you CHOSE to browse 4chan.
>>
File: 1440896707386.png (297 KB, 540x674) Image search: [Google]
1440896707386.png
297 KB, 540x674
>>27809783
Thanks senpai, it really means a lot. Thanks for not putting another knife through my heart.
>>
>>27809988
No dude, you're not going to get some poor woman to support you. It's not going to happen. Make yourself a better person and it might, but it still won't be owed to you even then, cuz spoiler: nobody owes you shit.
>>
>>27810065
>you're not going to get some poor woman to support you
I'm not. Some scumbag is ;)
>>
>>27810043
I'd choose 4chan users, even robots, over a fucking degenerate bundle of screeching and government protection any day.
>>
>>27810250
*whoosh*

orig
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 576x384
>>27810044
Aaag lmao fuk you get fuk betch haha B)
>>
>>27810044
Please kill yourself, I mean this in the most serious way neck yourself you waste of space
>>
Brooding/depression is an attractive trait actually if you have the physical stature to pull it off
>>
>>27810751
This
It shows depth
But I think the fearful and more self-centered brands of depression are generally unattractive
>>
>>27808898
REEEEEE
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/men-are-creepy-new-study-confirms?utm_source=vicenewsfb
>>
>>27811980
I can't take this reality seriously anymore
>>
>>27811980
>vice
Opinion wiped ass with.
>>
because depression usually means something is fucked up about your life that you haven't dealt with and masculinity is associated with the power to impose order on things, bring about change, go from A to B, etc.
>>
>tfw no depressed gf to self-harm with and lick eachothers wounds
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.