[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw just started working for the first time and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 16
File: 1455043335312.png (135 KB, 393x325) Image search: [Google]
1455043335312.png
135 KB, 393x325
>tfw just started working for the first time and it's even worse than I imagined wagecucking would be

YOU WAGIES SERUOUSLY DO THIS EIGHT HOURS A DAY, FIVE DAYS A WEEK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU???
>>
File: 1429340657218.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1429340657218.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
Where are you working at m9?
>>
File: 1444959115675.jpg (253 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
1444959115675.jpg
253 KB, 2048x1447
>>27802314

An inbound call center doing customer service.
>>
I have a great job.

My skills are applied to things that people will use for years. Once the finished product is installed the expression on the customer's face is priceless.

The knowledge that I execute one of the most important steps a company needs to take in order to satisfy a customer with the end product is amazing.

Another cool thing is that I simply work. Speed isn't prioritized over quality at this company. I get to work with my hands and I'm not hurried or micromanaged. This allows me to create great quality product.

Unfortunately, in America, companies like one I found by stroke of luck are far and few in between.

Most of any skilled or unskilled manual labor is all about rushing the project out of the door as fast as possible with little quality standards.

I feel especially bad for all of you retail and food industry friends. You guys are mostly treated like trash.
>>
I don't get what's so bad about wagecucking jobs like retail or cashier or fast food person. You receive actual money for doing retard-tier work for 8 hours. It's like school but less soul-crushing, AND you get get paid for it.
>>
>>27802349
Jeezus that's your problem senpai.

I work at FedEx

I throw packages around getting 12.10 to do it, 4 hours a day. Make enough to do nothing else.
Find a better job anon, for your sanity.
>>
>>27802705
Nice, how'd you land it? I'd up my hours to 8 if I were you.
>>
>>27802349
>customer service

this is suicide get out while you can
>>
File: gunpepe.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
gunpepe.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
I build ships. My alarm goes off at 4:50am so that I can make a 45 minute commute to work. If you're not there at exactly 7am with your tools ready to go than you are punished and don't receive any time off for the next 3 months.

I drive an hour back in traffic and get home around 5. I walk my girlfriend's dog (inb4 cuck/REEEE), make dinner because she gets home much later than me, and sit in front of my computer until 8:30pm, at which time I can't keep my eyes open any longer an do it again.

I'm too tired to clean, to tired to study, have sex, cook a proper meal, or even relax. My knees and joints hurt all day.

All in all I have about 3 hours of "free time" a day, most of which is spent cleaning or cooking.

The worst part is that I have a Bachelor's degree (Cum Laude 3.4 GPA) in a STEM field from University. Our generation is so fucked.

Tired of this shit.
>>
>>27802712
A friend of friend, pretty much luck really.

The sort for the morning shift only lasts about that long. And desu 8 hours would kill me. It's fun and easy, but in short bursts.
>>
>>27802730
Wtf dude. Just get get a shit-tier minimum wage job. At least you won't be worked to exhaustion.
>>
>>27802284
Anyone here have any experience with job corps?
I'm thinking of going to my local center for training to be a CNA, and eventually becoming a nurse.
I've already done the paperwork, and I might get into carpentry or welding for a while until the CNA program is set up in a few months.
>>
>>27802804

I've considered it but I'd just be broke for life.
>>
>>27802284
>>27802349
I know how you feel, I'm just a cashier. I could've been stocking shelves but I was too autistic to tell my boss.

I'm looking for another job, don't care about the money, just don't want to deal with people. I'd rather stock or lift shift for 8 hours a day than stand around dealing with people for 4-5 hours
>>
>>27802686
Paid is a strong word. It's a starvation wage, and if you live in any place where you have to drive everywhere like florida, it's not enough to live off of because most of your money is divided between rent and fuel, forcing you to get a second job or work weekends or both because these kinds of companies only give part time shifts to avoid having to pay healthcare or offer any sort of upward mobility and a living wage.
>>
I mean, we gotta eat and have a home.
>>
>>27802871
What's the point of money you'll never get to spend anyway because you have no free time? If all you're doing is surviving you may as well take the retail or burger flipping job anyway.
>>
>>27802284
Get a more satisfying job
The first time I had an actual full-time job I was doing government contract work
It was fun as fuck
>>
>>27802284
m80 if you just started with me today, it ain't that bad. poor black guy though amirite? he's never coming back
>>
File: 1459808450585.jpg (27 KB, 414x508) Image search: [Google]
1459808450585.jpg
27 KB, 414x508
I'm working a temp job and I'm bout to call it quits in a another month or so and move back home. The job search here in this huge city is not great after living here 2 years and I know I won't find any better going back home which is a small ass town. I'm tired of throwing 75% of my monthly income to rent and bills with no real gain. Luckily, I still have my GI bill so I can go to school but only thing is that my hometown doesn't have any programs (community school) I can pursue. My BA Psyc degree was a huge waste and here I am now.
>>
The thing young kids especially college kids don't understand is just how much time 9-5 mon-friday is. I have a friend I went to HS with, he's 26, engineer, clears 6 figures and wants to walk off his job every day because of how miserable it is. He tells me what is the point of making good money if you only have 2 days off a week to even think about spending it? 3 weeks off a year for vacation? You get out at 5pm, 45 min commute home, by the time you take a shit and shower and get something to eat the sun is already down. Work will consume you.
>>
>>27802705
>>27802768
I work at UPS making slightly more doing the same thing and the monotony of this job, turning my brain off for so long, is making me homicidal.
>>
>>27802868
My friend did it. Do your research, a lot of them are ghetto as fuck, some are actually dangerous. From what I found out, the environment was more like a prison mixed with school than anything else. Rumors of guys getting raped. Some of the people are there not voluntarily but because of court orders, so you're genuinely going to be aroun criminals and the scum of the earth.

He finished it with some certs and the money they give at the end of the program, got a job as an electrician apprentice shortly after, think he was making $14 an hour very quickly.

He had to drive out to the county every week to get to the work site, at first he loved it but over time he just said "it's hard work". No clue what happened to him now.
>>
>>27802349
Call center is suicide tier. Something like over 40% of call center employees quit in any given year, from any given call center. Typical shit jobs are closer to 20-25%, and typical decent (even if low-paying) jobs are more in the 10% range.

I worked at one as a telemarketer for 1 month when I was in school. Worst fucking job I've had, between all sorts of bullshit manual labor and retail/grocery. Of course it's also worse than my office job (rarely talk to people, thank god).
>>
>>27802686
Even though I'm still going to college, and this is only a temporary job, it's still fucking horrible. Sure man, it's retard tier work, but does that make it any more bearable? No. Actually, doing retard tier work is far worse than actual work.
Basically you got your bosses pressuring you into staying past your shift, customers acting like complete blind fucks trying to rip the store off, and in my case I have ACTUAL RETARDS that work in my store too that I now have to fucking deal with.

What you don't understand is that any type of customer service or job that forces you to cater to people is the worst and extremely exhausting. Before I got the job I was laughing at how fucking easy it was to do, haha this is so stupid right, I can do this right. Wrong. I have just adopted a much deeper hatred for every fucking person who enters the fucking store, it's practically mutual with every fucking coworker their. They hate 99% of everyone who walks in and shows it with their bleeding smiles. Each and every day you need to see the exact SAME person, and ask them the exact SAME question that you've been asking them for about 6 months and they still act stupid makes you want to shoot the place up.

tl:dr - it is retard work, but the type of retard work that you hate. a job you can't complain about is a job where you don't deal with people.
>>
File: senjougahara.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
senjougahara.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
I don't get why you're all so miserable. I work doing camshows (I'm a girl btw) and it's not that bad.
>>
>>27802999
It's better than being unemployed and being broke as hell/homeless

Yeah it sucks that like 60% of your waking hours is spent working but if the other 40% is spent doing cool shit with the money you earned it's worth it. Time is money.
>>
>>27802954
If you find your work satisfying then you aren't a robot, m8.
>>
>>27802999
lmao I work almost 6 hours a day 6 days a week and only get 1 day off to spend money I don't have.

wagecuckery is far worse, I thought you were entitled to 2 days off, nah you really fucking aren't. The higher ups will give themselves 2 days off and pack on fucked up schedules for everyone else
>>
>>27802917
>tfw work at a small company processing returns with no customer interaction
>still have to deal with coworkers

Are there any entry-level jobs that are truly solitary?
>>
At least you're getting paid.
I make 50 euros per week, 5 days out of 7, 5 hours a day.
>>
File: 1389412259779.png (623 KB, 599x448) Image search: [Google]
1389412259779.png
623 KB, 599x448
>>27803044
baitobloxxx
>>
>>27803022
Thanks.
I've heard some horror stories, but I feel that it might be blown up a smidge.
>>
>>27803069
yeah but at least you don't need to cater to your coworkers.
I have customers come to the register and leave half their groceries with me because they can't afford it or don't want it.
We don't even have anywhere to put it.
>>
>>27803088
>being a literal slave
lmao. at least slavemasters used to provide room and board, now they give you a handful of pennies and expect that to cover it
>>
>>27802284
: D I'm a history teacher and I like my job

>inbefore: normie.
>>
>>27803069
Plant Merchandiser. You have someone tell you what you need to do and then you're left alone to do it.
>>
File: bait.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>27803044
obvious bait, also fuck this board and its "not original" bullshit
>>
>>27803126
Why are you laughing at us? If you have the means to live a wagecuck-free life, good for you, but don't deride the rest of us. It's not like we have a choice.
>>
>>27803193
too bad slavey, Im going to sit over here and laugh at people who willingly let themselves be slaves. you're worse than a wagie and it amuses me
>>
>>27802284
I've worked fast food for 7 months, it's really not that bad. I enjoy it well enough.
>>
>>27802712
>wanting more hours
wagies never cease to amaze
>>
>>27803193
>It's not like we have a choice.
Fucking this. I'll storm out of there once I get the chance.
>>
>>27802284
Tough it out for a few months and you will have a far better resume than ever before. Employers look for people who they know can work and actually hold a job before EVERYTHING else. Just having that experience will open up a world of possibilities for better jobs in the future. A lot of employers will actually respect you more if you had worked a shit job just to get by. It shows you're not a welfare monkey among other things.

I started as a janitor, then got a job in a different factory in assembly, and after that I moved to the shipping department which was far, far comfier than any of those other jobs. All this progress in less than a year. You can do it OP
>>
>work in cable installation
>get paid 20 bucks an hour to basically get cable from point A to point B
>customer interaction is minimal and basically amounts to "I'm the professional and I'm telling you how it is, if you don't like it here's the customer service number"
>and I'm a weak scrawny chick
>seriously this work is entry-level

Why settle for food-industry or call center bullcrap? That's just silly.
>>
>>27803210
I know I'm being trolled here. Just putting that out there.
>people who willingly let themselves be slaves.
It's not willingly. We have no other choice. We weren't born with intellect or rich parents, so we have to do menial work for shit pay. Luck of the draw.
>>
>>27803248
you work for 10 euros a day. you'd literally make more money panhandling on the street. and so I laugh at you
>>
>>27802284
>9:30 OK IM GONNA START SERIOUSLY WORKING HARD NOW SO IT FEELS LIKE I CAN GET OUT OF HEAR SONER
>FUCK IT MUST BE LIKE 14:30 ALREADY
>10:10
>FUCK
>FUCK
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1449274604511.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449274604511.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>27802730
>can leave as 6:15
>get up at 4:50 and complain about tiredness

Why not just get up at 6 and then have a 5min shower? Don't say "breakfast", instant oatmeal takes like 5 minutes and is perfectly healthy; alternatively you could just have sausages/boiled eggs/toast whatever in your car while driving. For an engineer you sure are fucking inefficient.

>normie with girlfriend
Nevermind, that explains everything.
>>
>back into the workforce fulltime after temping
>first full work week in over a year
>no energy at all after work
>making some money but lack any will to enjoy some of it
>fall asleep at 7pm on friday night
>saturday and sunday are spent doing nothing at all, jsut recovering and basking in being out of the office
>repeat
>>
>>27803234
>A lot of employers will actually respect you more if you had worked a shit job just to get by
No... they really don't you ignorant fool
>>
>>27803234

I have to agree with this. Once I got my first job and about 6 months of experience, the next jobs were easy as hell to land. I also starting hitting the interviews (which I used to be nervous as hell about) out of the ball park.
>>
>>27803270
>10 euros a day
Lol, where'd you get that figure? In North America, minimum wage ranges anywhere from 9 to 11 dollars an hour.
>>
>>27803298
>I make 50 euros per week, 5 days out of 7, 5 hours a day.
try not to get involved in conversations you're not part of, okay wagie? I know you're desperate for people to talk with you instead of just AT you
>>
>>27803298
its' 7.25
>>
Why don't you guys just get fun jobs where you get to talk all day?
>>
>>27803358
>fun jobs where you get to talk all day?
normies pls leave
>>
>>27803324
Y-yes sir. I'm sorry.
>>
>>27803270
I had to accept that job to build a resume.
Now I'm kinda stuck with it, since it's not helping me, but 50 euros it's better than sitting my ass on the couch.
>>
>>27803280
Neet in denial
Sorry friend but work history matters. Gaping holes in your timeline are a huge turn off to most employers. What do you think they think you were doing that time?

Out in the real world, people who work hard doing shit tier jobs (even multiple at a time) are respected for their work ethic instead of being mocked for being 'wageslaves' like on r9k.
>>
>>27803057
Wrong, it just means you're not stupid.

Meanwhile some ITT have gfs and still complain about life, because they fucked up and got a shit job. Fuck them.
>>
>five days a week
Try seven. Get on my level pleb.
>>
>>27803381
Like I said, you could just beg for money in the streets and make more than that. Surely there's welfare bucks you could be on that would also be more than that
>>
>>27802284
it's sexually gratifying to feel like a productive member of society
did you think wageKEK was just a figure of speech
it's a fetish
>>
>>27803396
And yet you're still a nobody wageslaving to an early grave. Go fuck yourself cuck
>>
>>27803277

It's a mile walk to the job site.
>>
>>27802730

Sounds like you'd be better off finding something in construction
>>
>>27803445
building ships IS construction
>>
>>27803432
ooh, you sure convinced me.

Looks like I struck a nerve, huh? What's wrong, your mom run out of tendies again?
>>
>>27802284
>get referred to a returns processing job by my cousin's husband
>breeze through the interviews
>work 8:15-5 Monday-Friday, making $13.50/hour with benefits
>job is piss easy, I'm easily the laziest person there (always turn down overtime, coming in on weekends, and work functions) and have the lowest productivity rate and haven't heard anything about my performance in six months
>building is a 15-minute walk from my house, literally a 3-minute drive if I want

>still hate every single day and plan to quit soon

I don't think I was made for this world.
>>
>>27803459

I meant something more like housing construction.
>>
>>27802284
eh
to me it's basically just like going to highschool again, without homework and half as much social drama
oh, and not to mention you get paid
>>
>>27803358
>talking to normies
>fun

are you fucking kidding me
the best decision I've ever made is to get out of bullshit service jobs where you have to deal with customers

FUCK having to fake smile
FUCK having to pretend you are interested in what someone is saying to make the boss shekels
>>
>>27803409
You must make a lot of money
>>
>>27802730
There is a huge shipyard near my hometown in WI. is that you anon?
>>
>>27803490
>your mom run out of tendies again?
dont you EVER joke about that. you dont know that sort of mental anguish
>>
>>27802349
Dude that's the worst kind of job you can get especially if your customers are the general public.
>>
File: 1440147372358.jpg (76 KB, 321x348) Image search: [Google]
1440147372358.jpg
76 KB, 321x348
>work in a restaurant
>be human being
>sometimes make mistakes
>expected to provide impeccable service to hundreds of other human beings every single day

Surely there is more to life than this?
>>
>>27803586
at least you make a killing in tips, right? I mean I assume you're a cute female, who else would work a job that runs on tips
>>
>>27803436
>45 minute walk to job site
>1 hour car drive home
???
You're not even making sense anymore. Either way, invest in a fucking bike then if you're spending too much time walking.
>>
>>27803564

Nah I'm on the east coast. wondering if i can eventually move up since 90 percent of employees probably don't have high school employees. thinking of starting my mba but i'd probably get laughed out of the classroom when I tell them my job
>>
I feel you op. I got this costumer enquiry phone job for an insurance company and I've been hating myself since day one. I applied to loads of stuff because I was a neet for a couple of years and needed somewhere to start. I work 4 hours a day and get paid less than 3 euros/hour because they put me on a 'formation' contact for 3 months. My formation lasted 2 days. The job sucks and every month I have to put extra hours to get the target, because they never give us enough contacts and just expect us to magically do the enquiries. I'm at the bottom of the chain and they're making sure I feel that way. It has made me miss the time I worked as a cashier and I hated it at the time. The 3 months finish next week and I've already started looking for something better.
>>
If you have a general dislike for the human race, is outbound calls the way to go? Interrupting people in middle of their supper sounds satisfying
>>
>>27803642

What? It takes 45 minutes by car. I wake up a bit after 5 since my first alarm goes off at 4:50. I leave my house at 5:30 and pull into work at 6:30. I walk to the job site and make it there around 6:50.
>>
>>27803586
>be human being
>sometimes make mistakes
>be a doctor
>expected to provide impeccable service to tens of other human beings every week

I feel real sorry when I see a doctor being accused for professional incompetence.
>>
>>27803678
I'd imagine that you definitely could move up, but I also imagien that you're not the first person with that idea at your shipyard.

IF you want to mvoe to WI and live off fed govt contracts, check out Marinette.
>>
>>27802284
Why THE FUCK do you think your parents always told you to get good grades in school. WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU THINK COLLEGES AND INSTITUTIONS EXIST
The world knew life was a pile of trash when you were just a kid, so they drilled it into you. Media, society, your peers, family, teachers.
>Do you want to spend your life flipping burgers Heh Heh
That wasn't just idle chatter. It was them trying to tell you that without an education your soul will be ripped out and extinguished.
>>
>>27804228
>your soul will be ripped out and extinguished
Even with an education this will happen. The only difference is that you make more money and have more expensive things.
It doesn't actually make you happier.
>>
>>27803514

i definitely know this feel
>>
File: hadenough.jpg (44 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
hadenough.jpg
44 KB, 500x405
>go to job interview
>they want to role play an interaction with a customer

kill me now
>>
>>27805499
omg that's fucking terrible

Fuck this shit. I'm sorry you had to go through this anon ;-;
Revolution when?
>>
There's an escort I love and I need the paychecks to buy meetings with her to be honest

PS I sold my virginity to a whore r9k, I meant to make a thread but forgot, it was literally perfect
>>
>send in 10 applications on Saturday to different offices looking to hire
>got a call today from one of them scheduling me for an interview

Is this making it?
>>
>>27802705
>4 hours a day

how can you survive? that's not a life...

my eyes getting weary.

back is gettin' tight
>>
>>27802284
I work in a warehouse driving a forklift for my buddies family. I would NEVER do any fast food job or any walmart/target/big chain bullshit job. Work in a warehouse. You will get paid more, breaks whenever you want and the best part is you don't have to humiliate yourself by wearing the mcdonalds costume.
>>
>>27804228

>get education
>employers don't give a shit, muh work experience trumps anything and everything else
>university is just seen as evidence that you've spent years without a full-time job and so there's no proof you can be relied on to cope with one
>hurr durr thems fancy pieces of paper dun mean nuttin
>muh real world
>muh world of work
>it's nothing like those fancy universities guys! That's not realty! This is realiy because I say so!

The only jobs I've been able to get are ones where the recruiters probably didn't even bother looking at the CV because they expected half the people to flake out within a week anyway. Turning up and being able to read and write was pretty much enough to get it.

>tfw the interview for my current call centre job was two questions:
>can you use a computer?
>can you start work tomorrow?

By use, they meant can I turn it on, move a mouse, and type on a keyboard at all.

Don't get me wrong, education is great, because it gives you a few more years of something that could be called enjoyment before the decades of wagcuckery begin. Dropping out of school at 16 would be better for muh career, muh earning potential, but I would have had less enjoyable years of life as a result.
>>
>>27805771

>sold your virginity to a whore

Isn't that sort of thing usually the other way round?
>>
File: 1385093343205.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1385093343205.gif
1 MB, 245x200
>>27802999
College kid here (albeit in my last semester) who's worked full time for three summers. I would much rather ONLY have to work between 8-5 than what I'm doing right now, which between classes, homework, and holding down a part time job, consumes 90% of my waking hours and gives me much more stress than a mere 40 hours a week does. I can't wait to graduate.
>>
>>27802929
Fucking this. Capitalism at work.
'Course, I make 45k now, so I don't have to worry about that.
>>
>>27806008
You went to school for a business major, huh?

If the job is worth anything, they won't trust you unless you've had four years of education on the subject so you won't fuck up and actually understand it.
>>
>>27802284
I do it 12 hours a day 4 days a week.

But I have a very quiet night job so I quite enjoy it.
I mostly read books and play nintendo.
I used to watch anime but I burn through it very quickly.
>>
>>27806223
If I lived in a first world country, I would probably get a job like that and don't care about my future.

But as I live in a shit tier country, I have to get more stressful jobs to not end living in a real shitty place.
>>
>>27802929
>tfw I work part time and still get healthcare and insurance
>>
>>27803514
This is so like me

>get government job
>somehow get hired despite being an autist in the interview
>work 8-4, only negative is the pay sucks at $11.00/hr, but it's more than enough for a thrifty robot like me
>job is a total joke, I do maybe 1 hour of work per day and just sit around bored the rest of the time
>best part, it's a 5-minute walk from my house, I don't even need a car

>still desperately want to die everyday, struggle waking up and make shitty posts here constantly wishing I was female

I know I wasn't made for this world.
>>
>>27803045
You forgot to attribute time spent sleeping which cuts into your leisure time even more.
>>
File: 1438930096568.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1438930096568.gif
421 KB, 700x525
For someone with damage to their lower joints, who can't stand long, and has major depression.. what is the real drawback to suicide in this wagecuck world?

I'm infertile too so having a family is out of the question too.
>>
>>27802349
Well, no shit you're miserable. That's legitimately one of the worst jobs to have.
>>
>be security guard
>half my time is spent peacefully strolling around empty offices
>other half is watching anime
>occasionally give people directions/call maintenance to report something's fucked
>12.76/hr
>>
>>27802349

Just let it wash over you, and failing that, live to spite them.

>customer says they hope I have a bad day
>I don't have a bad day
>>
>>27802284
It ain't called wage slavery for nothin'

Save up as much as you can and buy your "freedom" by getting a job that doesn't make you want to blow your brains out every minute of the day.
>>
>>27806589
been thinking about 'guardin but I'm worried I won't look physically imposing enough to be a security guard. I'm also pretty young looking so I don't think people would take me seriously (not that anyone really takes private security seriously, but still)
>>
File: Hayabusa - Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16.png (629 KB, 540x608) Image search: [Google]
Hayabusa - Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16.png
629 KB, 540x608
>security guard job available near me
>hours are 5 PM to 6 AM
>45 minute drive to work
>4 days a week
>applied, probably going to get it

I dunno...13 hour shift with a 3 hours of driving a day. But I've heard you mostly sit around on your ass.

Is it worth it? I'd basically be embracing a life of isolation, and I'm not sure I'm completely ready for that.
>>
>>27806797
whoops, mean to write 1.5 hours of driving. 15 hours of the day altogether dedicated to work.
>>
>>27806811
>>27806797
>15 hours driving and working
>6-8 hours sleeping
leaves you anywhere from 1-3 hours leisure fampai. But at least you got a 4 day work week, any longer and you might put a gun in your mouth within a month
>>
>>27803529
lmao residential construction is retard-tier. heavy industry is where it's at

(i'm a welder and i made 105k last year)
(i live in north dakota in a shithole oil town and work 7 days a week)
(kill me)
>>
File: 1450221111584.jpg (56 KB, 480x702) Image search: [Google]
1450221111584.jpg
56 KB, 480x702
>>27806797
This is gonna sound crazy... How about moving so you're closer to it?
>>
>>27806811
You will want to kill yourself if any of your hobbies aren't things you can do at work.

If you want to be alone and play on your phone sure go for it.

I work 70 hours a week 6months a year, a couple months of 40hr then lay off. I always lose 20-30 pounds in that six months and really consider suicide
>>
>>27806735

Being physically intimidating isn't that important for the average post. The main reason businesses hire security is to deter opportunistic crime simply by being present, and to have someone around to report incidents reliably.

Most of the job is just walking around to making sure nothing's leaking or that nobody broke a window in the night.
>>
>>27802349
i work the same
for a cellphone company

Picture 70 years old using Iphones and 4G new gen cellphones that they drug dealer grandson bought or that they bought stolen somehow.
>>
>>27806797

what does it pay?

Night shifts are usually pretty chill. That's a weird timeslot, though, everywhere I've worked swing shift is 4-12 and grave is 12-8. Can I ask what company it is, if you're a burger?
>>
OP i was a neet and getting a job in a call center really helped me get over some stuff. I was way less of an autist after that. The job was kinda fun too
>>
>>27807026
Maybe after a while, but I have finally managed to build some social connections in the town I'm living in now and I don't know if I want to abandon them. 45 minutes isn't that far away, but it's far enough I can't just drop by someone's house.
>>
>>27807330
It's for a lumberyard and flooring company. I'm from the US.
>>
>>27807340
At what company?
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.