[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do? I'm 21, NEET living with mom, dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: Richard_Proenneke.jpg (30 KB, 213x312) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Proenneke.jpg
30 KB, 213x312
What should I do?

I'm 21, NEET living with mom, dropped out of community college twice due to depression. I'm not going to try to get a normal life anymore.
Basically I have two options:

>buy a high end PC (i dont have one, always post from phone) and live like a degenerate NEET behind my computer 24/7
or
>buy backpack, tent, sleeping bag and other camping gear, and just leave everything behind. living my life on the road while panhandling for food money

I have about 2500 dollars to my name and no debts, so both are technically possible. My mom is a pushover and has already accepted that I will probably live with her till I'm atleast 30. I just want to go on an adventure, either in an online fantasy world or in real life. But I refuse to live the typical slave life.

So, what should I do? Hobo or permaNEET?
>>
>>27801138
hobo, at least you'll have some half decent stories before you die
>>
>>27801138
Hobo, that is my plan too.

Where you from op?
>>
High end pc is shit in 1 year and there are no good games to play anyway.

Better go the hobo route.
>>
>>27801220
Yea it would be nice to have some life experience.

>>27801220
Europe. Would rather go homeless in america but oh well.
>>
>>27801368
Second part for >>27801260 obviously
>>
>>27801355
a high end pc will still be good enough in 3 years. not high end, just good enough for most games.
>>
>>27801368
>Would rather go homeless in america

Nah man hoboing in the states is brutal without a car. Women think you're out to rape them, men think you're gonna rob em for being dirty.

In europe at least it's cucked enough to help poor people.
>>
I'd go with the second one, I was in the same situation and I regret not doing exactly that.

Leave it all behind and go on an adventure nigga, you're still young, you can take what life throws at you, plus you'll naturally get better at socializing and meet all sorts of weird new people. Just be sure not to go too far off the deep end.
>>
>>27801138
why are those your two options? much more reasonable to get a job, something interesting like camp counselor or tree planting in canada, you are young enough for lots of fun youth oriented jobs.
>>
>>27801789
Same here in europe.

America is much better for this because its way bigger. The scenery is amazing and you got everything from a desert to arctic environments to fucking new york city. Also everyone speaks the same language. Here in europe half the people refuse to learn english.
>>
I know a guy who's like 23, he lived the last year of his life homeless, and he lost weight, cleaned up and started scoring tonnes of pussy. An old homeless man is creepy, a young homeless drifter is sexy. I mean if that's what you're into.
>>
High-End PC and would try to be a progamer, it's what I'm going to do if my mindset stays this way for the next year.
>>
>>27801138
The second option

You wont make it though, by the sound of your post you'll cry for mommy during the second week of your hobo adventure. Do it though, failure and adversity builds a mans character
>>
>>27801900
Being a slave is out of the question. I would rathrr kill myself. I have already decided that I'm not going to contribute to society. I might play music on the street but that's it.
>>
>>27801941
Lol definitely dont do this, youll hate yourself
>>
>>27801138
permaneet
i mean you can try the hobo thing but you'll either die or go crawling back home within the month
>>
>>27801138
Where do you live anon? We could be hobo buddies togother
>>
>>27801138
there was a thread a while back about about how to maximize mental illness benefits from the government, and then move to a developing country like thailand where that money lets you live like a king
>>
>>27801138
Implying you would survive 1 week out in the open. Just buy yourself that pc because you know you want to.
My friend had dreams of being a traveler. He comes from a middle class family from a 1st world country. Sold his car and other stuff in pursuit of his dream. Couldn't last a month abroad. Funny thing is, he bough camping shit like you suggested but ended up staying in hotels and safe places till his money ran out. His mom ended up sending him about 1k cash so that he could stay a little longer and buy plane tickets back.
>>
>>27801789
>women think you're out to rape them, men think you're gonna rob em for being dirty
so they avoid you?
that's a good thing
>>
>>27801966
We all already.
>>
>>27801948
>>27801974
Why so cynical? Tons of people do this and they're not exactly stable people.
So why would I not be able to do it? It will be hard, sure. But that doesn't make it impossible.
>>
>>27801907
>here in europe half the people refuse to learn english

here in the u.s. it's the same with mexicans
>>
>>27801138
Buy pc
Do either:
Esport
Create a website
Stock markets
Host servers
livestream (believe it or not people still watch the few doom livestreamers)
>>
File: 493867239.jpg (56 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
493867239.jpg
56 KB, 400x300
>>27801948
>failure and adversity builds a mans character
>>
>>27801999
Your friend sounds like an idiot.

>>27801988
Yurop.
>>
>>27802052
unstable alpha =/= unstable beta
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 409x409
I would suggest highly in getting a well off knife and a survival textbook.

I don't suggest going hobo because its not all nice comfy nights alone in your tent, other hobos see your tent as prize. They will kill you and rob you for everything you have unless you are a well enough threat to not have people fuck with you.
Most hobos are junkies as well, doing ANYTHING to get the spare change for another hit. Some aren't too but just like we escape with alcohol and drugs over our petty normie lives, imagine being out in the middle of nowhere, No AC, no shelter, you smell like shit twice over, you're starving and at the point of ending it all but you don't.

Just imagine Cormaf McCarthy's The Road.
That would be life to a certain extent.

Good luck on your decision. Dont get a PC because just like every other vidya, its going to get old. Very fast.
>>
>>27802129
Hobos =/= alpha
>>
>>27802095
join the gypsies
learn how to cast curses on people who piss you off
>>
>>27802095
yeah he's a fucking douche, I ended my friendship with him because when he came back from Thailand, he started acting all about how he loves "wanderlust" and how he's a wise traveler.
Didn't want to be associated with that guy anymore. Other friends ignore him too now.
>>
>>27802095
france by any chance ?
other anon here
>>
Check these out.

http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/?m=1
http://pastebin.com/6MKsvvHG
>>
Just build a PC senpai desu
You'll get over the whole adventurous in the wild thing really quickly. A PC, not so much.
>>
>>27801138
three option
>drop back in to community collage and finish what i started
dont be a faggot and waste your money when you have no mean of getting more
>>
>>27802175
>thailand
I don't think wanderlust is what brought him there kek. I think it's just lust. Actually a friend of my dad used to have his own restaurant, but then he sold it and went to thailand for a couple of years. Now hes back here and hes a local bum. Your friend is lucky his mom backed him up.

>>27802156
Yea there seem to be alot of communes and rainbow families in europe aswell from what i've read. Sounds pretty good.
America had a big trainhopping/hobo scene which is also good.

>>27802183
Netherlands, but if I decide to go hobo I will definitely check out france first.
>>
Go on adventure anon, that's how life should be lived
>>
>>27801138
I'd say do the NEET thing for a while, whilst saving the little money you get from your mother. If shit goes south, you can always go hobo, and hopefully by then you'll have enough for a tent and stuff.
>>
>>27802305
he's a spoiled little shit. He the type of guy that got a fucking falcon from his mom because he once saw a bird show. He played with it 3 times and now the bird just sits in a shack all day every day.
>>
Go ahead and walk the earth like Julius at the end of pulp fiction.
>>
i think a hobo life is a good idea.
even if you only do it for a year or two, at least you will have the experience. i think it would give you alot of confidence when you know you can survive on your own when shit hits the fan. that you don't /need/ any of the fancy things. because you've been in worse situations.
>>
All yall need to check out /r/vagabond on reddit, the only good reddit. Most people there are currently hobos and love to share their experiences and knowledge.
>>
>>27801138
Buy the PC and be a smug comfy neet until mom dies and then kill yourself.
Best bang for your buck you can get in life.
>>
File: 934867243.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
934867243.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>27802568
>/r/vagabond
>>
>>27802761
l dont get it anon
>>
File: vigXzT.png (100 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
vigXzT.png
100 KB, 501x585
>>27801355
>High end pc is shit in 1 year
good goyim.. buy new pc every year yes yes..
>>
Embrace dudeism, bro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudeism
>>
File: 3294584758.png (207 KB, 398x531) Image search: [Google]
3294584758.png
207 KB, 398x531
>>27802761
>>27802920
what a vagabond you must be sir
>>
>>27801138
Buy a computer, and get a job.
>>
>>27804324
Thats awfuI
>>
similar position OP
20 y/o NEET, can't get a job but not for lack of trying
socially retarded and unemployable

thing is i'm not sure how i would handle myself on the road. i don't really have any money to my name either.
wondering if there is some kind of strategy or something to hobo'ing
>>
>>27804663
The road will force you to be social, it'll straighten itself out.

You do need the proper gear when you start off, otherwise you will fail. Do research online and prepare yourself.
I suggest working for a month or 2, anywhere, to buy gear. Then you can leave.
>>
>>27801941
you have to be a normalfag to make money as a pro-gamer
>>
>>27801138
Is everyone retarded here? He will die in a day if he chooses the Hobo life.

You better stay at home, buy a pc and play video games for a few years. Your mind might change in the future and you would want to go to college and get a job. 21 is a pretty young age, you have tons of time till you make up your mind.

PermaNEETs don't exist, when you will reach 25 you will get bored of your NEET lifestyle and want to consider going to college and getting a job. Your mindset will be completely different in a few years, for now do whatever you want if your parents are willing to support you. You have tons of time ahead.
>>
>>27805150
>PermaNEETs don't exist
tell that to multiple generations of the yuropean underclass
>>
>>27801138
my question is how would you start your hobo adventure? would you just walk out your door and just start walking down the road until the sun goes down? do you have any specific plan?
>>
>>27805150
>when you will reach 25 you will get bored of your NEET lifestyle

This is totally true, but it won't automatically correct your NEET life, you'll just fucking hate it and hate yourself.
>>
>>27801138
PC. Maybe you can make a living streaming games.
>>
File: 1453937020415.jpg (10 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1453937020415.jpg
10 KB, 238x250
>2016
>wasting money on gaming

Seriously, go buy a 200 dollar shitbox on Ebay and you can play all the games worth playing.

You'll also be getting bored with gaming soon anyway, given that you're getting older. Being a hobo would not be fun, but maybe you can buy that shit and try extended hiking trips.

The fact that people even consider high-end PC gaming right now just boggles my fucking mind. There's nothing worth playing. Nothing. The consoles are shit, the PC market is shit, handhelds are shit-gaming is just shit right now.
>>
>>27801138
Nothing wrong with homelessness, but do it right and use your savings to buy a cheap van and live out of that. I think that's what eggman is doing, and it's definitely better than being on the streets with crackheads and niggers.
>>
i can't go hobo because it would kill my mom
once she dies for real though i probably will become a homebum
>>
>>27801138
Take it from someone who tried doing the high end PC escape fantasy - get the camping gear; Especially in Europe.

How cool would it be to say you backpacked across Europe?

Americans eat that shit up.
>>
>>27801138
Use the money you would use to buy a pc to support household, become a wageslave so that you can put money towards maintaining the household thus increasing your association with your parents which will ensure you live with them longer.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.