[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This place ruined my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 1455565015405.jpg (8 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1455565015405.jpg
8 KB, 200x199
Since I started visiting 4chan, I've slowly changed, nowadays I can't talk without being an asshole who calls everyone "plebs" and doesn't allow people to have their own tastes, I always do autistic shit even though I know how stupid it looks, because I can't contain myself

Damn it, today I insulted my crush for her tastes in videogames and food like 5 times

The very fact this week r9k became my home board shows how this is a new low for me

Who here has been ruined by 4chan aswell?
>>
File: i has a cube.png (5 KB, 508x530) Image search: [Google]
i has a cube.png
5 KB, 508x530
>>27800168
this place hasn't ruined you
this place taught you free speech
this place taught you to be yourself

at worst, this place revealed that you're an asshole. Don't get mad, that's just how people are.
>>
This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is gradually poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>27800168
same .-.
>>
>is a shit person
>blames it on burmese macrame website
>>
>>27800168
>be on r9k
>talks to crush
wew lad
>>
>>27800168
>ruined

Definitely not. Just gained a whole new set of perspectives and experiences. That doesn't mean I have to follow them.

Make your own choices and be an individual op
>>
>>27801222
Screencapping this.
>>
>>27801222
puts misogyny first, obviously a female
>>
File: ultimate wojak.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
ultimate wojak.png
32 KB, 633x758
>>27801222
Fuck dude, what am I doing here?
>>
>>27801222
Speak for yourself friend

This site is what you make it, not what you believe it to be.

Nice trips
>>
the engineering of society. meme magic my freind
>>
>>27801222
great, this is the place I was searching for.
A place in where I can be myself.
Where I can be trash and still feel accepted.
Thanks /r9k/
>>
>>27801222
Maybe if you visited the less shitty and meme-riddled boards you wouldn't be such a bitch
>>
>>27802699
that's an old pasta
>>
I remember years ago I tried to escape 4chan and sign up for some message boards, I always got banned within a few days for flaming.

You can take the man out of 4chan, but you can't take the 4chan out of the man.
>>
>>27801222
>post pasta I wrote over a year ago
>get six replies
>search /r/4chan
>it was posted there from mobile and is riding the karma train
/r9k/ is such a pile of shit.
>>
>>27800168
Guessing you just started coming here recently (<3 years I'd bet) and your personality warping is just your attempt to "fit in" here. Even worse if posting here is your primary form of social interaction.

After you've been here for a while that stuff will calm down though and you'll feel comfortable here without having to completely follow the hivemind.
>>
>>27801222
Hello tumblr

>not orig

I bet you started this thread just so you could post this.
>>
>>27802826
can u gib link to da pasta ju made
>>
>>27801222
Then what are YOU doing here?

Fucking hypocrite
>>
>>27801222
>this assblasted blogger
>>
>>27803887
http://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/14294368/#14294368
Here you go
>>
I think just internet addiction in general ruined my life. But then again I'm probably literally autistic in the first place to even get addicted.
>>
File: image.png (102 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
102 KB, 400x480
>>27801222
>MFW most of the posts responding to this are proving it right

Too bad there's one thing he doesn't get, being right isn't cool on 4chan
>>
>>27800603
first post best post
stop blaming a website for your problems like a faggot OP
>>
>>27802808
This happened to me too
It's like I can't even see how alien and corrupt I am anymore
>>
There is a common meme that applies to me:Spot the 4Chan user,where a crowd is gazing in horror at some offscreen site,but one guy is smirking and rolling his eyes. I find myself desensitized to gore and other unsightliness and although I find it disturbing to not be disturbed, I can also realize being able to ignore horror may someday save.my life if it allows me to act in a crisis whete others would freeze up. In these days of Mr Terrorist and Mr.School Shootet,a seconds hesitation will add you to the casualties.

And seeing the strangeness of the rest makes my life feel fine by comparison
>>
>>27805432
There's a world of difference between just seeing things on your computer screen and actually being in the shit

You spending countless hours shitposting on a Nepalese cheese recipe sharing forum will not give you the experience needed to competently handle yourself
>>
File: 1433206015870.png (286 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1433206015870.png
286 KB, 500x483
>>27801222
ebin post friendo, upvoted and +4chan gold
>>
Who /bazinga/ here?

>At the movies watching Age of Ultron
>Black Widow mentions she can't have babies
>I yell out in front of the whole audience "yeah, you have spiderlings instead"
>EVERYONE starts laughing, cinema is in a riot
>In finally quiets down to a gentle laughter
>Suddenly yell out my catchphrase
>"ZIPPITY DOO!"
>Laughter starts up again
>A bunch of people recognise my signature line and start chanting my name and cheering
>Feels good
>>
Does anyone else ever think about who they might've been if they never came here?

I think my life would be largely the same but I would be less negative and defensive, less cocky and afraid to be myself. Maybe a bit less articulate.
>>
File: cokepepe.jpg (43 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
cokepepe.jpg
43 KB, 472x461
>>27800168
>>27800168
A couple years back when I was still in high school, I was heavily influenced by the really racist and anti-semetic shit on /pol/. It got to the point where I would go off on racist tangents to my girlfriend about how whites are superior and how I hated Jews. Every time I would go out and drink with friends I'd make them super uncomfortable by laughing at their tastes in music and video games and then going on about how Jews control the world (I went full racist when I got drunk).
I even created a twitter account to troll my friends with really racist and xenophobic shit.
Turns out the school board and police launched an investigation into the account and all my friends got fucked over while I got off with a slap on the wrist .
My girlfriend broke up with me because she had to write a letter to a Jewish institution in our city that proved she wasn't a xenophobe. That same institution sent "re-education buses to our school and they held a school wide assembly on cyber bullying . It pretty much fucked my social life over because people started avoiding me and I got really depressed because I had zero friends and I was really attached to my girlfriend. I ended up turning to drugs a lot to help me cope with having no friends. I ended up burning out after doing a shit ton of opiates and cocaine and now I spend my time lurking 4chan and playing vidya. I still have no friends and I haven't been with a girl in four years.

F-fuck you /pol/...
>>
>>27806492
I might have an actual fucking hobby
>>
File: 1460408552439.png (48 KB, 1121x798) Image search: [Google]
1460408552439.png
48 KB, 1121x798
>>27806505
Haha lol, its ok man been 4 years here too
>>
>>27806655
I-it's okay, we'll get through it together,
At least you got dubs.
>>
>>27802572
well...let's just say that your love have been hollowed out of your heart and the same is happening to your emotions and soon your mainboard is the only thing that's left.
I suggest you to go out and have an adventure or live like a hermit.
>>
File: Nice.jpg (6 KB, 217x205) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
6 KB, 217x205
>>27801222
Forget that. Let's talk about how you got trips.
>>
>>27800168
The only real benefit about this site is that it improved my argumentative skills by making me autistic about rebuttals since everyone here always exploits any potential flaws in your reasoning. Everything else is pretty much a con though
>>
>>27801222
Hi JT sexkik
>>
>>27806810
>>27806810
Same here
It's like voluntarily dipping yourself in a vat of acid over and over again
It's gonna be corrosive as fuck but I guess it helps you learn how to deal with acid baths?
>>
>>27806492
4chan is a great place. But it comes in stages

>Introduction
When you first come to 4chan

>On and Off
When you think 4chan is a cool website but haven't spent long enough time on a board to fully understand the culture

>Complete Immersion
When you find one or two boards that you enjoy and browse those constantly for days, weeks, even months

>Real Life
Personality changes occur after the immersion stage to the point of depression and an existential crisis

>Realization
Realizing that 4chan is a great website but getting too deep in the culture will fuck you up mentally

>Change
This is where those who have fully gone through the realization stage decide on whether or not they will continue being sad sacks being fully immersed in their board(s) of choice or if they will cutback and become a normal person again

>Left Road
This person decides that 4chan is cool in moderation and changes their lives not forcefully but lets it naturally progress into something they enjoy

>Right Road
This person continues to browse 4chan everyday with no life changes whatsoever

Ive gone through all of this multiple times but now Ive taken the left path and my life is where I want it to be.
>>
>>27806903
This is very accurate, robot
>>
>>27801222
What other online forums would you recommend?
The only good ones I've found are reddit and SA. The rest are too slow to be fucked with. HF and LF are both shit.

>inb4 fuck off redditor
fuck off. reddit is not some kind of spooky bogyman. i came to 4chan first but after hearing so much bullshit about reddit i decided i'd check it out.

I've had a great time on 4chan though. I'll probably never leave
>>
>>27807023
Probably none. Something small and cliquey where you get to know people well is I suspect the most redeemable. For current events and media stuff use journalism sites (most expedient way to get recs and hear about things). If for some reason you're really interested in what I think and recommend read >>27804843.
>>
>>27800168
Seriously?

It's had exactly the opposite effect on me. I used to be able to share my thoughts and be okay with who I am. I used to be able to talk about my dumb hobbies without considering that everyone's thinking I'm a worthless piece of shit for it. The constant shaming of anything abnormal here is harsh and constant and it made me too afraid to do what I want and like myself. Yeah, I thought I was getting "thick skin" in my first two years here, too, but this depressing stream of shit taking up most of my time really added up and made me a timid, insecure coward. Not even bitter anymore, just tired and afraid that I'll be attacked and shamed for breathing.
>>
>>27807200
Yeah, I've checked out smaller forums before and there fun and all, but there quite slow. It's hard to find a good balance of users and speed. The reason 4chan does well with all the users is due to the anonymity. on any other forum you could make casual freinds with someones username.
>>
>>27806505
It's not /pol/'s fault you autistic manbaby, you just couldn't handle it
>>
This website seriously brought out the worst in my personality,

I enjoy seeing how fucked up everyone else is.
I wish I never came here.
>>
>>27807328
Speed is not a good thing. On 4chan I get addicted to replies and wind up spending a ton of time here as a result. 4chan offers an unending stream of content and is somewhat hard to stop once you have five tabs you're watching for exclamation marks. I recommend picking up hobbies in that thread, not finding another version of social media to fill your life with.
>>
>>27801222
why do shit posts get trips?
4chan isn't the problem, you are.
4chan never stopped me from learning, having friends, hanging out, or living life. You know what stopped me? Reality did. Every time I step outside my door, before I was an avid shitposter, life was trash, nothing was worth it. The embarrassment, the rejection, the cruelty, the costs, the time wasted, the abhorrent shithole i had to see every day. None of it was worth it, so i decided to stay home and at the very least quell my insanity by posting on a Mongolian slaughterhouse.

I am sure most of you would have chosen the same.
>>
>>27800168
My life has been in shambles for a couple of years actually. I've always been super lonely and depressed and this site has improved my life a little bit. I see heiarchy in society, I understand human behavior more and how people put up this mask to fit in with those around them.
>>
>>27801222
>everyone responding seriously to this obvious pasta
You are the cancer that killed 4chan
>>
>>27800168
Was this not what you wanted? Cease your incessant complaints at once, your comprehension is minor, head to the installation 2^3 channel's robot 100*10*9 construct and to magic-practicing individual channel's depression to gain further understanding. You have reached a higher plane. You can only ascend. The effects that cause you misfortune are byproducts of those who are inhibited by social protocol being obstructed from accepting the ideas you present due to their controversy and the aggression they are represented with. You have not been ruined, you have been upgraded.
>>
>>27801222
maybe if you browse /b/ and /r9k/ faggot
>>
>>27807627
l want to believe
>>
>>27807588
It's been like this for a long time. No intelligent person should be here anymore.
>>
>>27801222
The loss of attention is the worst in my opinion. I find it much harder to read now than I did five years ago.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.