[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys ever considered that it is anime that is ruining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12
File: asuka-bath.jpg (41 KB, 600x533) Image search: [Google]
asuka-bath.jpg
41 KB, 600x533
Have you guys ever considered that it is anime that is ruining your life?

It gives you a rose coloured perspective of the world and you won't settle for anything short of that and thus you just sit inside and complain about how the world isn't how you want it to be.

Just stop watching anime and you're life will get better
>>
no because i don't watch anime anymore.
>>
>>27793052
>just do one thing and it will fix your life

No thanks anon. It doesnt work that way
>>
There are plenty of normal people who like anime.
There are plenty of weird normal people who like anime.
The problem is deep.
>>
>>27793052
>having a wooden chair next to the shower/bath tub
what the fuck
>>
You are right life got better for me when i stopped watching anime.
>inb4 still 19 y/o virgin though
>>
File: A box of feels.jpg (128 KB, 513x781) Image search: [Google]
A box of feels.jpg
128 KB, 513x781
>>27793052
I didn't need anime to give me rose colored glasses. I've worn them since age eight.
>>
>>27793052
I stopped watching anime for a while when I wanted to become a normie and become accepted. My life became worse, and didn't get better until I started watching anime again. Don't make drastic changes to yourself to impress people you don't care about; you can be successful/happy while still liking anime.
>>
>>27793052
Or life is just shit, anime shows you that things could conceptually not be shit, and then you are disappointed because you are stuck in the shit world and not the not shit world

You're basically telling people to close their eyes to possible modes of thought because resignation is more comfortable than ideal-forming.

Shit, you might as well say that anything creative is giving people a "rose-colored perspective" and that people should stop reading and watching movies because they portray something other than reality.
>>
>>27793115

That's a selfish way to live anon
>>
I barely watch anime anymore and my life is still shit. I collect manga because I like the variety and effort artists put into their series.

>It gives you a rose coloured perspective of the world
This never happened.
>>
>>27793052
The problem isn't if you watch anime, the problem is if you were a freak to begin at all.
>>
>>27793052
I am not even watching anime and never was and my life is pile of dog shit. what do?
>>
File: 1442049560663.png (104 KB, 879x499) Image search: [Google]
1442049560663.png
104 KB, 879x499
>>27793173
>implying selfishness isn't a virtue
>>
>>27793207

well don't be a freak then?

just think before you say weird shit
>>
File: _20160221_161213.jpg (87 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
_20160221_161213.jpg
87 KB, 600x490
>>27793052
It's a cycle op, like the japs who watch it to get away from their workhorse life, they watch anime for a reason as well. Once you start, you can't stop, you grow attached to the anime, you make doujins or whatever, you BECOME the anime. You can't simply turn away from that
>>
>>27793052
>>It gives you a rose coloured perspective of the world

Could you start writing like a grown up? It's a start, way better than to stop watching anime.

What you mean with "rose coloured perspective of the world" is "idealized perspective of the world".

But I didn't need anime for that. I was always an idealist, since I was a little kid.

Still, what you're telling us amounts to "stop having standards and accept whatever shit the world gives you".
"See that roastie who took 10 cocks just last week? That's the real world! Go get her, tiger!!" that's what you're telling us.

So fuck off.
>>
File: 1454531586349.jpg (31 KB, 339x318) Image search: [Google]
1454531586349.jpg
31 KB, 339x318
>>27793052
for starters anything you consume/enjoy can give you "a rose colored perspective" and/or misinterpretation of the world around you.
I personally feel Visual Novels and games with heavy romance angles can really fuck up how people see dating and birth tons of orbiters, "nice guys" and the like because those things give the impression that romancing a person just requires being around them and saying shit they like to hear.
Also there is shit like believing anything found on the internet because it reinforces however you are choosing to cope with life even though the internet has very little truth to how the worlds works and is best click bait and at worst agenda thumping would be cultists.

The real question is: Have you guys ever considered that a lack of real world exposure and experiences could be what is ruining your life?
>>
>>27793052
My rose-coloured perspective of life was shattered before anime. Anime came into my life as a form of escapism from that horrible, real world. It helps me return to that carefree, naive childlike state for just a little while each day.
>>
>>27793052
Its myself that's ruining my own life
>>
File: file.png (364 KB, 625x533) Image search: [Google]
file.png
364 KB, 625x533
>hey, all you have to do to improve your life is get rid of the one thing that still brings you joy
you sound like my therapist
>>
>>27793052
2D is objectively better than 3D

http://youtu.be/z23Gzp0RTOg
>>
Didn't care for anime when my life was ruined.
If anything, the causation for me is reversed: I now watch anime because my expectations of the world are so low that to be able to enjoy a depiction of it being good, the depiction has to be clearly unreal.
>>
>>27793052
Faggot watches only shonens, harems and moeshits
>>
>>27793052
My bad decisions allied with bad genetics are what fucked my life.

Anime and games usually give me a moment of peace and tranquility.

The problem is finding something that I will like, I'm not really into most of the things being made today, sorry if I sounded like a hipster I just don't really like cute girls doing cute things. I like happy SoL, crime thrillers and Giant robot shit more.

Also my health issue before you guys ask is that my vertebra in the neck are constricting something they shouldn't and sometimes I lose tact and I get numb limbs. I don't even do much more than going to the kitchen nowadays.
>>
>>27793052
i have had social anxiety and was hopeless since before i knew what anime was

please do not assault my escape. its one of my few sources of comfort

please fuck OFF with your bullshit
>>
>>27793052
Fuck off normalfag. You don't even deserve to look at pictures of my waifu, faggot.
>>
>>27793052
OP makes a good point. this is exactly what happens to me, even when I'm watching abridged for god's sake.
>tfw I almost cried after watching the latest episode of sao abridged
I just couldn't settle for the real world anymore, so I forced myself to stop
>>
>>27795758
You have shitty taste in waifus m8
>>
>>27795831
You have utterly shit taste, as expected of the overwhelmingly normalfag populace of this board.
>>
>It gives you a rose coloured perspective of the world

But anime is filled with rape, death, and despair.
>>
>>27795868
>accusing someone of being a normalfag
>implying asuka isn't the most normalfag waifu
>>
>>27793654
>implying there's any other option other than violence
Violence was the only way i attracted attention and it was good, it was better than having to bottle up everything i was.
Too bad i stopped using violence
>>
>>27793052
Nah. My childhood was so shit that my confidence is forever lost in every time line. I hit a mental block whenever I'm close to completing doing something that takes guts.

I really fail to see the point for trying. 70 years from now certain death, long time later the void. I prefer just minimizing risks I take and living like an empty husk without a pilot.
>>
>>27795961
>implying she is
Miku, any Narutard girl, Kancolle girls exist. By default a waifu cannot be a normalfag waifu unless you think using waifu in the memetic sense counts, which would just make you a normalfag anyhow. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1403550747957.jpg (102 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1403550747957.jpg
102 KB, 500x282
>It gives you a rose coloured perspective of the world and you won't settle for anything short of that and thus you just sit inside and complain about how the world isn't how you want it to be.

LITERALLY all entertainment media is like that, you fucking idiot.

Even the basic structure of a narrative or story implies that there is some holistic meaning or culmination or end or something, instead of just a plodding nothingness until you eventually die interspersed with extra bits of pain or pleasure.
>>
>>27793052
>It gives you a rose coloured perspective of the world and you won't settle for anything short of that
>Chasing after perfection is now a bad thing
3D scum literally don't even remember what it means to be human.
>>
I've always been a very non social person. I've always preferred to just stay indoors and play a video game or watch an anime than go out for a drink. Not that i hated hanging out with people but after an hour or 2 i would just get bored or want to relax on my own. I only liked socializing in small doses, and everyone started to think i didn't like them or was a killjoy. It wasn't anime that made me like that, it's just as I've always been.
>>
I actually stopped watching anime since I thought that maybe this is the cause for >tfw no gf , but I was wrong.Literally nothing changed in my life, just more boredom.However I must agree that there are some robots that live in a fantasy world and hope that a qt waifu will come and rescue them from their shitty lives. I have this fantasy as well
>>
>>27793052
No I may be a loser but even I'm not delusional enough to attribute my own personal failings and lack of self control to something like anime.
>>
File: 1455728378733.png (2 MB, 1400x1512) Image search: [Google]
1455728378733.png
2 MB, 1400x1512
>>27793052
I havent start to watch anime before I was 24 so I doubt that it ruined my life as I was ruined long before that.

Every hobby gives you escape so this is pointless anyway. Not going to state that if I remove something that makes me a bit happy once in a while I will feel miserable and nothing will change except maybe being more emotionally drained. You dont need anime or escapism to understand this world is shitty and no amount of exposition to reality will want you to live in it. It may even bring you closer to suicide.
>>
>Have you guys ever considered that it is anime that is ruining your life?

I considered it, then ruled it out.

Turns out it is just something to do when I have free time that I enjoy. Like any other form of entertainment.

It be like saying sitcoms or gameshows or action movies are the root of suffering in someones life.
In most cases this is untrue and silly. Even if someone formed a unhealthy attachment to said media, the media consumption is not the cause, it is simply a symptom of other problems in ones life.
They would have to fix the problem to actually improve their life, not just attack symptoms of dysfunction.

Besides anime (and many other forms of entertainment) enrich peoples lives much more often then the other way around.
>>
>>27793065
>No thanks anon. It doesnt work that way

Yes it does. Stop being depressed and your life will get better, for example, is pretty much true and it is only one thing you need to accomplish that you can't even accomplish. You can't even do one stinking task. You got your whole life ahead of you, can't do shit if you are depressed though. You got lower cognitive ability, not many retards pass their college courses. Stop being depressed dude get manic.
>>
File: suremate.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
suremate.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>27797878
>Just stop being depressed lol XD
>>
File: Escapism.jpg (115 KB, 946x341) Image search: [Google]
Escapism.jpg
115 KB, 946x341
>>27793052
I'm gonna need you to explain how ceasing one's chosen method of escapism will make people objectively less shitty.
>>
>>27793052
it was actually anime that made me realize i still have a heart

i'll never forgive it for that
>>
>>27797905
Nice reaction image, I bet that guy smells like cum just like you.

Yes, if you have depression you should address it. That should be your main goal, it's ruining your life. Now I don't think most people are insane like me and can just decide to not be depressed anymore, but nevertheless you have to get rid of it.
>>
>>27793078
That house was literally ruined, you newfug piece of angel.
>>
File: 1459985491185.jpg (275 KB, 970x868) Image search: [Google]
1459985491185.jpg
275 KB, 970x868
>>27793052
anime made me autistic.
I can't talk to people. That also might be because I don't talk to people much either
>>
>>27793052
I only watched 3 anime in my life, but I do agree media makes you feel bad
Life sucks because you have to keep clenching your thirst the only way to actually be happy is not giving in to that thirst
>>
File: tumblr_mhkncbp0b41rj2g1ro1_1280.png (191 KB, 918x539) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhkncbp0b41rj2g1ro1_1280.png
191 KB, 918x539
I don't watch that degenerate chinese cartoon shit.
>>
>>27798666
Wtf is that normie comic, anon?
Evangelion is a deep anime, and it's not about FUG HOT CHICKS BTOO PILOT ROBAAAAT BROOOOO.
>>
>>27793059
>no because i don't watch anime anymore.
/thread
>>
>>27793052
I do think that when I watched anime in middle school and high school it gave me a warped perspective on what relationships were supposed to be like. I had to take a break from anime, and now it's easier for me to distance the feelings I get from anime in real life.
>>
>>27793052
I haven't touched anime since I was a kid and I thought they are just cool cartoons. And I quit cartoons when I was like, 12?
It surely feels like a lifetime ago.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.