[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental health thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 768x768
Robots, I think I'm going insane. I can't be sure, but I really do think I am. What do I do? How can I know for sure?
>>
What are you going through right now that makes you think this?
>>
File: 1460096044709.png (525 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1460096044709.png
525 KB, 800x800
>>27792622

Know the feel OP

>Short term memory loss
>Mood swings (can feel happy one moment, want to commit suicide the next)
>Auditory hallucinations (rare).
>>
>>27792643
Lots of things

>reading words and thinking they are totally different words, with otherwise innocuous words pie becoming words with negative connotations like die, rape, death, etc.
>inanimate objects moving in the periphery of my vision
>seeing shadowy figures on the street outside
>scared if I stand to close to the mirror I'll get pulled inside
>weird desire to murder strangers with an axe for no explicable reason

I'm not being edgy. I'm thoroughly spooked and 100% sincere.
>>
>>27793010
LMAO @ ur life
>>
>>27793038
Haha, wow, now this is what I call a quality post(TM).
>>
File: 1444804415127.jpg (280 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1444804415127.jpg
280 KB, 900x900
>>27792622
don't worry man. we're the same although the thing that's happening to me is different.

>See a picture of a woman that is my type
>brain automatically imagines my self strangling them with my bare hands
>be filled with lust and anger
>heavy breathing

pretty normal if you ask me
>>
>>27793338
that's just called being upset that stacey wouldn't date you in high school
>>
>>27793010

The first three might be you spending too much time in your own head. Like, thinking about things too much, and not doing enough to keep yourself occupied.

The last two are genuinely concerning, but may be helped with some medicine. Abnormal thought patterns can appear for seemingly no reason, but the important thing is to identify them for what they are and talk to someone about them. You can probably work through this, if you're self aware enough to discern that these aren't normal, healthy thoughts.

And if you're feeling spooked by them, then you're probably not a sociopath. How do you feel about people in your life?
>>
Ok so this concerned me.

>be at a friends house
>we've been smoking weed all night
>he has some of his stoner friends there who I don't really know and I think they dislike me for being weird, but it's not too awkward
>friend goes out for a few hours, leaves me with his friends
>pretty stoned, just had my first kief-cone (a bong with 'cannabis dust' in it)
>one of the stoner's face starts to seem really strange too me, in an unsettling sort of way
>the more I look at him the more he seems to look like a sort of gargoyle
>nose seems unusually crooked and long, ears are drooped down, eyes sunken and almost completely black, skin porcelan white
>start internally freaking out and looking the other way
>I swear to god he was staring straight at me in my peripheral vision for the next five minutes, no matter where I look he's in my vision staring at me
>legitimately fear for my life, having a panic attack
>it just stops, I stop smoking for the day

I don't know what happens, I've panicked while high before, and even then it's been for very rational reasons, this was completely different. It was like every time I looked away and then back at him his face grew more deformed and leering, and I felt genuine terror without a logical reason, something I've never had before. I guess I'm a pretty 'internal' person, but this was something else, I could see it happening in front of me, and the situation was disturbingly similar to an extremely vivid nightmare I had when I was very young.
>>
>>27794535
>How do you feel about people in your life?
That's a rather vague question, but I will attempt to answer. I have many of acquaintances. Two people I would consider "friends" in the truest sense of the word. I see neither of them frequently, varying from a couple of times a month to only once every six months. I prefer to spend much of my time alone. I have a man at college who is very fond of me. He gave me a relatively expensive watch and has bought drinks etc. for me on occassion. I don't really like him as much as he likes me. My mother is a good, kind hearted woman. She was sexually abused by her parents and it took it's toll on her though. She often did not discipline me severely enough due to worrying about discipline being abusive. My father split from my mother when I was three. I pity him, more than anything. I occasionally make a point of visiting just because I feel so sorry for his circumstance, as being a browser of /r9k/ tends to make you sympathetic towards divorced men. In the past year, I've grown somewhat more fond of him.

What else do you want to know?
>>
>>27795087
Take your dude weed lmao bullshit out of this thread please, thanks. You were freaking out because of the hallucinogenic properties of cannabis.
>>
File: why god.png (790 KB, 1944x1504) Image search: [Google]
why god.png
790 KB, 1944x1504
>doing exposure therapy for the first time, one week in
>started smoking again
>started drinking again
>dermatillomania came back
>sleep is completely fucked, extremely vivid nightmares every night
>so stressed out I can barely work, can't fake being a normie well when I'm this stressed and everyone at work is noticing
>desperately, horribly want to continue the treatment and actually see some results after this suffering but it is destroying me
I'm going to call my shrink today and talk to him about how badly this is affecting me, but does anyone have any suggestions for ways to minimize my anxiety? anyone with any experience with this kind of therapy? anything?
>>
I had a glimpse of what I felt like independent secret thoughts inside my head last night before sleep
>>
When i look at the sky, there are very small seethrough dots everywhere. I mean like literally everywhere, not just some trails on the eye. I have hallucinations walking around, especially at night, flashing lights, like someone is moving a flashlight very fast across me. I have no short term memory whatsoever. Also the facial expression of ops pic is on point.
>>
File: 1426021814071.jpg (13 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1426021814071.jpg
13 KB, 597x519
>>27795534
>tfw you call your shrink at a perfectly reasonable time when you know he isn't busy and he doesn't pick up
>>
I hope that there's something wrong with me mentally so I can run into a psychologist/psychiatrist who "fixes" me

like maybe I have ADHD and they'll give me the magic pill and I'll stop being so lazy and unproductive
or maybe I have depression and maybe the emptiness inside can finally go away and I can actually have energy

I just want to be a productive superchad
>>
File: 1374195220983.png (117 KB, 482x484) Image search: [Google]
1374195220983.png
117 KB, 482x484
>>27796341
>tfw your shrink apologizes for not getting back to you sooner, changes the approach to your treatment because it's doing more harm than good, and promises to get back in touch tomorrow
>>
>>27792665
I get auditory hallucinations, sometimes its people talking but I cant make out what they are saying other times its like a radio station playing beautiful music
>>
Do you guys remember that thread where anon was going crazy, he was hearing a very abusive angry black man shouting rap lyrics in his head.. he posted lots of it was all trash but funny as hell an angry black man screaming at him
>>
More of this shit guys.
>>
>>27797666
Satan trips check
>>
I am of the position that almost all of the shit you guys are describing is a result of extreme anxiety,not some weird aspie shit.
I don't know if there are meds for anxiety? There isn't for any working meds for other mental problems but I don't know. I guess do yoga or something,go outside.
Your traumatised.
>>
>>27797534
Both my doodle doctors cancled last week wont e a le to see them for 6 more weeks oh well at least I can get my perscriptions still, pretty sure my psychologist gave up on me
>>
>>27797720
Lots of meds for anxiety you sperg, depends on how bad you need them
>>
File: itbegins.jpg (176 KB, 1221x850) Image search: [Google]
itbegins.jpg
176 KB, 1221x850
>>27792622
> Have to drink in order to go about my daily activities without having constant panic attacks
> Today is the first day the alcohol didn't prevent the palpitations/tunnel vision

This is the beginning of the end, robots
>>
Who here is registered in the FBI system to not buy weapons?
>>
>>27797756
All of this is caused by anxiety,its not insanity.
Anxiety manifesting in terrible dread and fear sometimes even with the fears manifesting in hallucinations.
>>
I guess I'm a normie, but I grew out of the major anxiety(at least with women) in the last year of highschool. I just started talking to them and it went away after a few months of practice.

I know 'just b yurself' is horseshit but what isn't is "JUST DO IT".
>>
>>27797757
Get on benzos if it's that bad, man. They're much safer than booze and actually leave you able to function because they focus solely on the anxiety receptors, not all the other systems that alcohol fucks up.
>>
>>27797757
Alcohal causes panic attacks you faggot, when you are smashed it helps but as soon as you withdrawl you are FUCKED you will get to a point where it doesnt work at all I hit that wall and stopped do to anxiety being severe
>>
File: 1458270279569.jpg (360 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1458270279569.jpg
360 KB, 500x485
I'm simultaneously worrying that I have the early signs of schizophrenia yet keep finding things to discourage the idea
So like I keep constantly swapping between "I might have it" to "no you don't have it you stupid faggot nothings wrong with you"
>>
I think the problem is you guys are trapped doing the same thing every day, you have no energy to make a change because of how little activity you do or how little you challenge yourself. This sameness results in anxiety and fear. The environment never changes so you concentrate wholly on your mind and look within.
>>
>>27797826
Wait till you hear people argueing about you and your choices I have 3 to 4 at any time talking about shit, "like don't post this you little queer" then hear another telling him to "fuck off he doesnt need to listen to you" while the other 2 are laughing atm
>>
>>27797757
Haha that picture the bottom is "IT'S HAPPENING" makes me think someone is flooring it to the mall with rifles and propane bombs to fuck shit up
>>
>>27797859
If nothing else it would at least mean I know for sure whether or not I have it
Or it would make arguing against it more difficult
Unless it doesn't even help then just fuck me if that happens
>>
>>27797935
Its hard to say right now someone is calling you a "little faggot" and 3 are laughing they are saying you are like us
>>
>>27797742
that's absolutely horrible, you should change them immediately if you can
>>
>>27792622
The truly insane don't know they're insane, and the sane think they're going insane.
>>
>>27798460
Sounds like the kind of meaningless platitude a redditor would speak. I'm quite sure hallucinating is not a sane thing to do, nor is wanting to murder strangers.
>>
>>27798460
False in most cases, true in some
>>
>>27798564
no, he's 100% correct
if you can still tell when you're hallucinating or getting abnormal urges then you're still sane
>>
File: 1367100358.png (327 KB, 633x692) Image search: [Google]
1367100358.png
327 KB, 633x692
dpdr, depression, anxiety

feels bad, treatment is going okay i guess though
>>
>>27798753
>t. Neurotypical redditor
>>
>>27798871
solid rebuttal
good job adding """neurotypical""" so you could get past the robot btw you unoriginal fuck
>>
>>27798906
>t. Redditor with an unusually high sodium intake
>>
I got roaring drunk and banged my head about a month ago, ever since I've liked watching animals be abused
sometimes it arouses me
I'm not sure if banging my head caused it because I've always had a bit of attraction to animal abuse but recently has been much worse
>>
>>27795733
>there are very small seethrough dots everywhere
Jesus christ, let me guess - you see them more easily in the dark? Yes, that's how eyes function. I noticed that shit when I was like 5 and I immediately understood it was natural.

>the rest
Sounds like something to do with nerves. Not insanity but more of a biological problem. Might wanna get it checked out. Maybe a tumor.
>>
File: c3b.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>violently spasm randomly, very often at night
>often feel intense urges to lash out, like an itch inside my muscles, normally when idle
>hallucinate pretty much every morning and night
>randomly catch glimpses of myself in the mirror and damn near have a heart attack

Started happening 6 or so months ago, it's quite annoying. When I say violently spasm, I mean properly violently, I've got pretty bad bruising from where I've booted a wall or something.
>>
Know that feel. I hate that my sister had 3 kids with a Sicilian guy who I assume is in the mafia or is a hitman or something. Now I live in fear of cowardly attacks over my mistreatment of my nephews. I hate the cowardice and effeminacy of it all. I wish instead we could duel to the death.
>>
>>27799173
>Jesus christ, let me guess - you see them more easily in the dark? Yes, that's how eyes function. I noticed that shit when I was like 5 and I immediately understood it was natural.
Not that guy, but it could be visual snow. Mine are pretty pronounced and kind of annoying so I looked into it.
>>
>Be somewhere where I could end my life easily.
>Have visions of doing it and get the urge to do so also.

Help
>>
>>27799174
I have hallucinations going into and coming out of sleep, this one time I thought a bomb was about to go off so I climbed out of the window, jumped on the porch roof, jumped onto my mom's car and ran down the street in my boxers and shirt before I realized I was in the real world.
>>
>>27799202
>visual snow
Yeah that's what I meant. I just forgot how it was called.

It's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>27799249
my friend
>be anywhere where I could take someone's life easily
>get vivid visions and an EXTREMELY strong urge to do so
apparently it's a symptom of OCD (the vision is the obsession and the urge is the compulsion) and can be treated with the right help
how long have you felt like this?
>>
>>27799601
since puberty stopped and i left school, beeing jobeless since then.I don't know if that has to do anything with that tho
>>
File: 1459424412174.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459424412174.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
>>27792622
>All this thread
>>
>>27799694
in your case it could be anxiety-induced
it would almost certainly help to see a good psychologist and/or psychiatrist, so long as you have no intent of actually killing yourself they won't report you or anything
>>
File: 3KswWqw.gif (259 KB, 425x658) Image search: [Google]
3KswWqw.gif
259 KB, 425x658
>>27797645
>>27792665
Fellow Audio Hallucination fag here, I get it sometimes when I walk or take the bus and I'm not listening to music, it can be minor like hearing a siren for a second or a bit more worrying like hearing jazz music or something.
>>
File: 1418102987634.jpg (28 KB, 492x395) Image search: [Google]
1418102987634.jpg
28 KB, 492x395
>practice speech
>stumble over words
>flip the fuck out
>smash mouse into piece
>rip through 100 sheets of paper
>heavy breathing
>crazy eyes
>black out
>wake up in closet, in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes
>still have to give speech
I'm not going to make it bros
>>
>>27799754
i don't plan on actually killing myself and it has just been the thought about it. strongly visual but thats about it. it probably is just some sort of ocd from anxiety like you said. i don't see how someone could help with that, but i apprieciate it anon
>>
>>27795733
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

It could be this, perhaps
>>
>>27792665
It sounds like bipolar disorder
>>
>>27797534
>tfw stop going to shrink because I don't trust the medication they give me

What do
>>
>>27799860
can you get benzos prescribed by your doctor, or have a small amount of alcohol beforehand?
>>
>>27799860
how do u have memes on hand for every situation?
>>
>>27800196
See a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist? Research the medication that you're prescribed, educate yourself on their effects, and take them knowing full well what to expect?
>>
File: wine.png (13 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
wine.png
13 KB, 530x492
>>27793010
same brah, what a fun life we live
>>
File: 1458702885508.png (569 KB, 920x720) Image search: [Google]
1458702885508.png
569 KB, 920x720
Does anyone get super paranoid out of the blue?
> Be sitting at home Playing vidya
> Think i see shadow
> Grab A kitchen knife since it's the closest thing i can use as a weapon
> Manage to get to my room
> Stay up for 7 hours Holding my knife barricading the door as quietly as i can
> The whole time i think i'm hearing whispering footsteps and lock-picking

I Don't know why i didn't think to call the police
>>
Do schizophrenics know that the voices and stuff aren't real (not saying that affects them any less), or do they completely believe that they're real and that someone is living inside their head or something? Also is it 24/7, or are there events that trigger it?
>>
>>27800868
The part of their brain the tells them it's not real gets damaged by the time the first attack happens
However for the onset of the illness itself, yes, they can
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.