[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think of open relationships? would you ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: lawl.jpg (89 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
lawl.jpg
89 KB, 640x920
what do you guys think of open relationships?

would you ever do an open relationship?

personally me not really
>>
>>27785132

not really my business

not really my interest
>>
It's 1-2 people being incredible naive about how other people work. Either one person thinks they're worth more than their partner, or a couple who clearly care about each other the most think it's fun and okay to have a couple little orbiters each.

personal experience.
>>
>>27785132
Open relationships are very rarely fair.

Usually, the woman ends up getting laid far more often than the man, and he gets upset. It's mainly employed by women who already have guys lined up but are too afraid to leave a sure thing right away.

It's basically having you cake and eating it too.
>>
I'm fine with it
The GF and I are in a open relationship but she really doesn't wanna be in one.
But I'm young. I got my whole life to be stupid and I'm to damn young to be worrying about single relationships when almost every-girl I meet finds be pretty attractive.

I approve.
>>
In theory it's a great idea, because it's natural for humans to desire multiple partners, and personally because I think a woman probably deserves better than me. In practice, I'd get jealous though and then things would get ugly. If I never had to meet the other dude, and she was practicing safe sex I might be OK with it. Really though, I don't think this works for anyone but those who have it as their fetish, or old dudes with money who can't get it up and can't figure out how else to please their hot, young wife.
>>
They are really harmfull to society

No, never.

I would literally kill my female mate if i saw her fucking another male
>>
>>27785132
If people want to do it it's fine.

I wouldn't do it but yeah.
>>
>>27785132
If I didn't really care about or have any long term plans for my girlfriend I would definitely be up for an open relationship

if she were marriage material then hell no

not that there are any women nowadays who are worth marrying
>>
>>27785132
>that pic
Holy fuck, cry me a river.
>>
>>27785132
Women love it because they can fuck around and they know how hard it is for men to find a woman so they don't have to worry about being cheated on.
>>
Girl gets to fuck Chad while the beta bf fucks nobody. Probably the most pathetic thing a man can do, and these KEKS always try to justify it with "I-I'm fine with it". Damn slut enabling fags.
>>
File: 1349918940994.gif (486 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1349918940994.gif
486 KB, 500x269
>>27785489
This. It's probably sexist and controlling, but fuck that.
>>
Absolute bullshit. Why even start a relationship at all if you're just going to act like you're single?
>>
>>27787918
in some scenarios the couple lives together and goes out a fucks occasionally, or have relationships and are all friends, or maybe even cuck.
>>
>>27785132
Not my concern if some faggot wants to get cucked. His 'wife' has dicks lined up all day, but he can't get shit, and true to cunt fashion, she makes it all about her with 'This is so frustrating.'
>>
meme relationships
glorified cheating for whores and spineless "man"
>>
>>27785132
>would you become a cuck and provide for your gf/wife while she fucks other men
Hell no. Open relationships are degenerate and stupid.
>>
>>27785132
I live in a semi-open relationship amd so far it's worked for us.

In my experience, setting non-negotiable ground rules is as essential as trust if you're gonna go for it.
>>
>>27788132
>gf KEKS you
>you let this happen
>thinking ground rules will be followed

Cucks are truly delusional. She has no respect for you. Probably getting gangbanged right now.
>>
>>27788212
>gf KEKS you
>you let this happen
>thinking ground rules will be followed
If they aren't, our relationship is over, simple as that. I wont even try to debate on the trust thing, since you're a cuckposter anyways

>Cucks are truly delusional. She has no respect for you. Probably getting gangbanged right now.
No. She's only allowed to sleep with other girls, btw.

>tfw this has resulted in a threesome with the girl I lost my virginity to
>>
>>27785132
There's no such thing. Either you have a relationship or fwb. Or you're a cuck.
>>
I feel like open relationships would be a reasonable option if you're either Chad or we lived in a world where men can get laid as easily as women. You don't even have to be an overweight neckbeard NEET to have a difficult time finding a woman, lots of average and even attractive men have dry spells and have a lot of troubles with women.

I have 0 desire to be in an open relationship obviously, and I ridicule anyone who would. But if I could just open up tinder and have my pick of the litter like a female could, or be able to have sex with pretty much any female I know that's single, like a female can, I could definitely see the appeal and most guys would probably dabble in it at least once in their lives.

As it is now an open relationship is basically the same thing as being a cuckold except it sounds slightly more respectable. Unless you're literally a 10/10 Chad and can actually attract 3+ hot women to regularly have sex with. And in that case, fuck you.
>>
>>27785132
They're absolutely fantastic. If I didn't have an open relationship I would never have had the chance to meet my wife's son.
>>
>One of the benefits of being single
>All but one of the drawbacks of being in a relationship

Single>Relationship>Open Relationship>Cuck>Orbiter
>>
File: BDf4K8CCQAAs_Kg.jpg (53 KB, 545x455) Image search: [Google]
BDf4K8CCQAAs_Kg.jpg
53 KB, 545x455
>>27788388
Odachi comment
>>
File: 1459700457402.jpg (19 KB, 318x446) Image search: [Google]
1459700457402.jpg
19 KB, 318x446
>>27785256
Is this the future you want for the white race?
>>
>>27788819
Why don't they just mercy-kill those things already.
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 640x930) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 640x930
Being in Liberalandia, aka California, I have met many people in open relationships. Each couple seemed to have their own set of rules on what was cheating and okay, and what wasn't. Like, one couple agreed no outside partners in the bed they share. Another couple agreed not to sleep with any friends or acquaintances of the couple. One couple I knew had a rule of no spending money on the other person.

That being said, open relationships almost always fall apart. Usually someone catches feelings. Whether it's one of the committed catching feelings for an outside partner or vice versa, usually things get messy since humans are emotional, imperfect creatures that have real feelings like jealousy, insecurity, possessiveness, etc. Most open relationships break up in a way where it's almost like they just slowly gravitate towards other people, from what I've seen.

Final verdict: open relationships seem no more harmful than monogamous relationships in general, but it takes a very very strong, secure couple to pull it off, and even then, it usually doesn't work out. But most relationships in general don't work out, so there isn't much to criticize I suppose. I've never done anything like it (unless you count being involuntarily cheated on) and polyamory has never been an interest. But some people just genuinely can't be monogamous, and it's better that they are honest at least.
>>
Open relationships aren't kind or considerate to the participants emotional needs. As others have said, it's primarily fueled by assertions of superiority.

Humans can only do so much in the time that they have, and while this is used as an argument to go fuck about (YOLO etc.), it's also true that we can only ever really focus on the needs of one person at a time. Polyamorous relationships can only work if no party is ever truly invested enough to care when they aren't the focus of their partners attention, and if that's the case, what's the point in being in the relationship in the first place?
>>
>>27788941
The dude in a semi-open relationship speaking.

For us, it simply means that we are allowed to have sex with other women under certain circumstances. I guess the important thing is that neither of us actively persue other people. Also, one of our ground rules is to always check with the other if they're fine with it after all.

And as for your "why are you in a relationship then?" question: It's sex, not love. My gf is the person I love most and vice versa. And no amount of NSA sex will ever change that.
>>
>>27789417

Sex in a relationship is a function of intimacy, bonding and love. If you take out those functions, then all you're doing is affirming your ego - basically patting yourself on the back. It's pathetic to even attempt to defend it, all you're doing is attempting to fill an insecurity.

If you want your relationship with the person you supposedly love to have any form of longevity, you would cut it out immediately.
>>
>>27789560
As I said, neither of us are actively looking for sex outside of our relationshio, we simply agreed that having it is fine under certain circumstances. So at least from my POV there aren't any insecurities to fill.

I don't expect you to understand it, nor do I need your approval, I simply wanted to tell you how it feels and works for us.
>>
>>27785132
I might, if we were all mature and smart and cool and didn't pick sides, and they were decently attractive otherwise I don't wanna, I would rather date someone who wants to be monogamous and possibly fall in love at some point. Idk. Am I a slut?
>>
I'm in a long distance open relationship.
while we live far apart, it's been agreed upon that we can pursue sex from external sources.
before you say "I bet she's..." yadda yadda yadda insert something here, I'm the girl and I haven't slept with anyone else yet.
though it's a fairly new relationship. I don't know if he has or not. we don't talk about it.
>>
>>27788285
Yeah man you're totally gonna find out when the ground rules are broken, and she's absolutely not gonna keep it a secret.
>>
>>27789680
>Yeah man you're totally gonna find out when the ground rules are broken, and she's absolutely not gonna keep it a secret.
No one can guarantee that, but as I told the other anon, not gonna debate your trust issues here.
>>
>>27785256
Please load a gun and blow your brains out
>>
>>27789560
>I have never had sex but I am an expert on it
>>
>>27785132
open relationships are for sluts n cucks
id never do one
>>
>>27789668
>yet

get the fuck out dumb whore
>>27789737
you can go back toleddit aswell gigantic fag
no actually just die in cancer
>>
>>27789737
>you can go back toleddit aswell gigantic fag
>no actually just die in cancer
3edgy5me
>>
>>27789787
>get the fuck out dumb whore
you get out, this is open relationship thread
normies own this board now and you are not welcome
back to wizchan with you
>>
>>27789768
As someone who has had sex before, I agree with him completely.
>>
File: 1458398545292-an.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1458398545292-an.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
I had a polyamorous relationship with two girls for 5 years, it ended very bad exactly a year ago. Not advisable. I did had my fair share of threesomes but wasn't worth the mess.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>27789973
what went bad exactly?
>>
>>27789808
open relationships are not relationship, so how can this thread be about something that doesnt exist

im not a virgin and would probably fuck your skull better than any retarded "normie" you spread for, get out and dont come back
get a cist in your uterus
>>
>>27785132
>what do I think
They wouldn't work for me. They can work for some people. That's pretty much it.

>would I?
No.
>>
>>27785132

>What do you guys think of open relationships?

Absolutely degenerate. Anyone in one should be shamed.

>Would you ever do an open relationship?

Nope, and if I was ever with anyone who suggested it, I would break things off right there.
>>
>>27789668
Do you think it's because it's a new relationship, and there's little invested, that you're ok with it?
>>
Why dont people just cheat on each other in secrecy like in the good old days?
>>
>>27785132

Women use them as a way to cheat without any consequences usually

Women know they can pick up dudes literally by walkng outside so they are the ones who want these relationships

Men who can get women easily just fuck them and chuck them but women want to be sluts but have a cuck to depend on
>>
Open relationships are magical if you are tthe more attractive one in the relationship, and suck otherwise.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.