[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What religion do you follow? I'm Jewish.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
File: 1460323361168.png (415 KB, 469x728) Image search: [Google]
1460323361168.png
415 KB, 469x728
What religion do you follow? I'm Jewish.
>>
my religion is destroy all religions and impose 2d waifu worship on the world

>captcha: spaghetti
>>
I don't believe in anything spiritual or supernatural

While I don't condem those that do, it is my opinion that such beliefs are ultimately founded in fear of the unknown and serve little purpose beyond that of basic emotional support/comfort.
>>
>>27779807
This is the best answer desu. I wish I could experience something supernatural though and always attend events anyone I know are hosting to find one.
>>
>>27779713
I'm agnostic but spiritual because why the fuck not I'm a contrarian hippy faggot.
>>
Jedi. Essentially a pantheist, but Jedi sounds cooler.
>>
>>27779807
What's wrong with a little emotional comfort? No matter how smart and perceptive you are, there will always be shitloads of unknowns in your life. May as well have some fun with it and keep a calm head on your shoulders instead of obsessively trying to figure it all out.
>>
Never been religious. Even went to a C of E primary school and sang hymns and shit every day, but I guess your parents are far more influential to a kid than their school.

Had a brief spiritual phase after I took acid for the first time, but that soon subsided.
>>
File: 1457858871252.webm (598 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1457858871252.webm
598 KB, 480x360
>>27779713
What a wonderful culture your people have, OP
>>
i'm a tengrist i worship the god of the eternal blue sky
>>
>>27779713
I somewhat relate to the Konkokyo faith.
But I have a lot of Taoism influence in my belief myself. I just find common ground between the 2.
>>
File: 1411165510171.gif (576 KB, 400x213) Image search: [Google]
1411165510171.gif
576 KB, 400x213
>>27780586

AAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah Gold, anon, so fucking gold Sheklestien might confiscate this post.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 400x400
>>27779713
Agnostic Theist
Can't honestly make up my mind on whether a God exists or not still on the fence about it
>inb4 *Tips Fedora*
>>
>>27781478
As long you're not pushy about it. I don't think fedoras are relevant to your post.
>>
>>27780606
seriously?
what brought you to it?
>>
>>27781593
True, I usually keep this stuff to myself but then again I really don't care in all honesty
>>
>>27781853
You sound lot more like an Apatheist. The best kind of Atheist to be honest.
>>
>>27781943
Never thought they had a term for people who didn't give a shit about theism or atheism
>>
>>27782061
Well it is mainly cause the meaning of Atheism was slandered around the internet by those edgy fedora poster.
>>
Orthodox.
>>
>>27779713

i'm kind of a weird pantheist nihilist

I think following organized religions is kind of silly, just trusting other humans to somehow understand the talkings of a god

I feel if anything like a god existed it would be well beyond our understanding

seriously though, shit like "don't eat pork is the word of god" in a universe supposedly created by that god that is so immense and has so many wonders that no one will ever even be able to perceive, but don't eat this one specific organism on one specific planet in one... etc

blows my mind people can believe these things
>>
>>27782400
there were practical reasons for a lot of that shit
pigs tear up the ground looking for roots, so farmers didn't want them around
it only became ritualized later
>>
>>27779713
orthodox, conservative, or reform?
>>
File: spacebear.jpg (60 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
spacebear.jpg
60 KB, 550x550
I'm a deist in that I don't follow organized religion but I do think there exists some higher power than ourselves (whether than's in another dimension or just the catalyst that created our own).
>>
>>27782537

Yeah I knew someone was going to say this, and I do understand the historical implications of many things religious and in general, but what I was getting at was just that there are people with minds that are satisfied like a concept such as pork being haram
>>
>>27781630
i'm turkish my turkic/central asian ancestry brought me to it
>>
I'm Hellenic
>>
>>27782626
interesting

i'm half azeri so tengrism is probably in my ancestry too
>>
I was born in a jewish family but I'm an atheist.
>>
why are orthodox jew so fucking racist
>>
Am follow christianity but have been slacking off since 2013. I lost the drive to pray anymore. God prefers to make lives for normies more better than mines. I do believe in him but i know he has some logical sort of limits in this reality we live in.
>>
>>27783544
What if God knew you were going to slack off? What if your currents actions are what is causing it.
>>
>>27779713
fuck off filthy kike
>>
>>27779713
I'm also Jewish
and mentally retarded
>>
File: Smokin.png (132 KB, 336x305) Image search: [Google]
Smokin.png
132 KB, 336x305
>>27779713
Freesytle desu

I kinda believe what I want too. I'd like to think there's some sort of diety that we would consider a god. We can't really prove spirits are fake, w/e man. Not like it matters much. My kinda god is the god who's chill as long as you feel like you're an okay person.
>>
>>27779713
Catholic
I hate my church. I have nightmares about it
>>
Christian because it has beautiful traditions, it is a strong bond thst holds families together, it is an excellent way to raise moral children, and it holds society together.

Edgy atheists rot society
>>
>>27783222
first hand experience with black people, probably
>>
>>27783751
It's not only black they hate anyone that isn't "pure jewish"
>>
File: star wars japan.jpg (587 KB, 1850x1041) Image search: [Google]
star wars japan.jpg
587 KB, 1850x1041
>>27779713

I was a Zen Buddhist monk for a while. It was neat.

AMA if anybody cares
>>
>>27783769
they've learned not to trust outsiders after being persecuted for thousands of years and always being kicked out of every country they settled in

it's not only jews that are like this

most nationalities distrust outsiders, it's perfectly natural and healthy to a degree
>>
>>27782400
It blows my mind that people can think some shit they came up with in their own head while smoking weed is more accurate than thousands of years or wisdom with billions of flowers and doctrines and books and history. How could you be so arrogant. Does it not occur to you that maybe these billions of humans are onto something, and through community and guidance and worship they've truly found something?
>>
>>27783801
where?
in japan or the west?
>>
>>27783816
where did he even say he smoked weed?
>>
>>27779713

>parents were fundamentalist christians
>i'm an athiest

I don't see how it is possible to grow up around fundamentalists of any variety and not come out of it thinking the entire thing is batshit insane.
>>
>>27779713
none cus i'm not a retard
>>
>>27783712
Are you talking about Catholicism in general or about the building?

Because I love a lot of the churches in my city, I'm not very religious but I always go to mass when I see a cool looking church during my walks.
>>
>>27783832

in the west but the roshi and mostly everyone was japanese
>>
>>27783816
holy autism
are you legitimately retarded or did I take the bait?
>>
>>27783816

You certainly have a high opinion of our species, anon. I kind of envy that.
>>
None, but I say I'm Muslim to make /pol/ upset.
>>
>>27782400

>I feel if anything like a god existed it would be well beyond our understanding

this is why Eastern religions that descend from Hinduism believe that instead of God "creating" the world, instead God "pretends" the world and basically you are God pretending you are not God because being God would be extraordinarily boring and it's much more interesting to be a frogposter on /r9k/ or whatever.
>>
File: 8a0d1rz.jpg (485 KB, 1536x2247) Image search: [Google]
8a0d1rz.jpg
485 KB, 1536x2247
none, i can't understand people that base their worldview from one single book
>>
>>27783809
but bruh even Isreal is not their own country they stole it
>>
>>27781943
>the best kind of athiest
>multiple sects of not believing in god(s)
we christianity now boys
>>
>>27784029

yeah and I entertain ideas like that most often when thinking about something like a god as I said pantheist
>>
>>27783855
>pantheist nihilist
ie I smoke weed and watch podcasts of pseudo intellectuals and think we're all just energy n shiet

>>27783913
Neither autistic or retarded. Good post though

>>27783951
Not the modern people we have alive now. The fact we went from cave dwellers who couldn't speak to an incredibly advanced civilization with complex languages and society and governments is pretty fucking impressive though when you look at it as a whole. Although I understand if you look at the narrow perspective of just your life it's easy to take for granted since you were born into this advanced world and it feels like it was always this way. You'd have to be pretty retarded to not say humans are an impressive species compared to every other species on this earth.

Unfortunately in the last 50 years humans in western society are throwing away all the wisdom of their ancestors thst got us this far because muh social justice and now society is in decay
>>
>>27783724
Nah m8 , most Christian chicks are biggest whore you'll ever meet in your life
>>
mormon here, ama I guess
>>
>>27779713

Southern Baptist here. I take the term "God-fearing" literally, because recently I've been convinced that God is legitimately evil.
>>
>>27784200

I guess you can write it off like that.

I just think there is no inherent meaning to anything and sometimes entertain the idea of the collective movements of the fabric of reality being something like a god

you aren't the anti-buddha by chance, are you?
>>
>>27784070
lol fuck off ahmed
>>
>>27784070
some of it was settled violently, but a lot of it wasn't

most countries were established just as violently as israel or more so

even "indigenous" people like british, italians, japanese, etc. are descended from invading tribes
>>
>>27784220
They're usually freaks in bed because of their repressed sexual urges but they are nothing in slutyness compared to dyed hair, tattood, nose piercing hippy chick who believes in crystal powers
>>
Born and raised Muslim Sunni, now I just believe that god is something like a perfect cirlce/sphere. Infinite, order in chaos and irrelevant to humanity.
>>
>>27784200
speech predated settled civilization

also a lot of the greatest civilizations weren't even abrahamic monotheists
>>
>>27784273
I get that. I spent a long portion of my life as a nihilist before I came back go traditional religion. It's really the study of history a long with observing the modern world thst lead me back. Hard to ignore the fact the bible is pretty much an instruction manual on the ideal human society, and through out history the countries who followed it became the most advanced and prosperous, and now those who abandon it are being taken over by invaders with religious fervor. It's almost like they were on to something and knew something people are now forgetting.

And no I'm not him. I respect Buddhists. Thst poster always makes me laugh though.
>>
>>27784220
Can confirm, but they are really just holiday church goers for the most part.
My other super "Christian" friend just told me about how she bought coke over winter break and I just lost hope in everyone at this point. I'm a Christian, but I just feel so let down by everyone, especially other Christians for the most part. I'm not even a good person and most people don't know shit about me, but I just want to have hope in something.
>>
>>27784220
depends on sect, social class, upbringing, etc.

christianity (or any established religion) still does a much better job of keeping families and societies together than just leaving people all alone with no sort of guidance

we can argue about whether it's true or not, but the average person is too selfish and stupid to be completely left to their own impulses and ideas
>>
paganism dudebros.
see you all in valhalla
>>
>>27784347
I never said it didn't. My point is there was a time we couldn't even speak and were essentially beasts, and now we are here in our current state. Quite the fucking progress if you ask me. Makes it hard to take someone seriously when they imply humans are some kind of wild retards when we are unfathomable magnitudes of success relative to anything else we know has ever existed
>>
>>27779713
I always think to myself, why arent there every any jews on /r9k/, Are they unable to feel? There are muslims, blacks, christians, indians, asians, black women, asian women, white women, pretty much everything but jews.
Glad I finally found one, props to you OP.
>>
>>27784466
only a small elite advanced things

the average person in every place and time period is still a follower incapable of any real thought or insight
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 420x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 420x262
>>27779713
Salafi Islam is the only true faith.

NUSAYRIS A SHIT

TASAWAF A SHIT

LONG LIVE IBN BAZ
>>
>>27784521
most jews aren't actually that religious

the very religious ones tend to avoid modern degeneracy

the other groups you mentioned are much larger, so it makes sense there would be more of an overlap between the religious and the /r9k/ users
>>
>>27784557
why do sunni muslims hate shias?
i can never get a straight answer
>>
>>27784522
The average person is still magnitudes above a monkey or a deer. I'm not denying humans are stupid relative to other humans but to say humans as a whole are stupid you have to compare them relative to every other species we know of and at thst point the statement becomes pretty obviously wrong
>>
>>27784575
true, but there are also individual animals smarter than many people
>>
>>27784605
No anon. No there isn't.
>>
>>27784300
t. goldberg
>>
>>27784399

Okay, it seems we disagree less than we might think then, while I think the abrahamic god is kind of an overdramatic piece of shit who I refuse to believe is the governor of reality, I do think the culture that arises from Christian people is nice
>>
>>27784570
split over who should be the first caliphate after passing of prophet
shia say ALI, the familiy member of the prophet
Sunni say ABU BAKR, friend of the prophet

the end

I'm sunni but I luvz the shias : D
>>
>>27784557
cunt tier religion
>>
>>27784557
ugh I hate salafiss
so much
>>
>>27784642
yeah, i understand the factual differences about the caliph, but i don't get why there's so much fighting

and it's mostly sunnis who commit the religious violence

there are very few shia terrorist organizations

also the way i learned the history was that a lot of the sunni caliphs started becoming corrupt and rich, so the shias rebelled and wanted new caliphs
>>
>>27784240
Is a thief bad if he stole something in order to survive? No
Is a thief bad if he stole something to selfishley indulge in? Yes
>>
>>27784640
Fair enough. Once you get right down to the nitty gritty faith based parts of a religion that's where it becomes difficult to discuss and convince anyone their wrong. It's good when you're able to talk about the real world implications at least. A lot of people won't even touch that with an open mind.
>>
>>27784781
why do good people suffer and die every day from disease, accident, natural disaster, and war?

why don't you smite animal abusers?

was aids created to punish the west for its degeneracy?

did the wrong side win world war ii?
>>
>>27784857

Because of people that accepted evil in their hearts.
A civilization that thrives on perpetual change can't sustain itself if everyone evil is smited. Capitalism leads to competition that leads to development of new ideas and technologies and better standards of living and doctors who treat the mentally ill and need funding from insurance providers to sustain themselves to cure other people that are good.

No and no.
>>
>>27784743
shut up only terrorist are western deMOCKracys

Hezbollah isn't a terrorist group
also go iran!!!

ya because we got goat fucking saudis selling us for jews and jew america. they can all die. all of the gulf. inbred sheep
>>
>>27784857
not who you're talking to but I'll answer anyways because I'm a religious anon

>why do good people suffer and die every day from disease, accident, natural disaster, and war?
because these are things that exist in the earthly world. The bible says that humans are not meant for the earthly world. It is only a temporary place for us while our true selfs are meant to live on in heaven for eternity

>why don't you smite animal abusers?
I can't smite anyone lol. Also dealing out judgement and punishment isn't exactly encouraged

>was aids created to punish the west for its degeneracy?
I kind of want to say yes but I don't really think that. I don't so much think every individual thing was created for a distinct purpose as I do think the world was created as a whole and things passively developed on their own from that point

>did the wrong side win world war ii?
Absolutely. The soviets were the true villains, the Americans should not have even joined, and the rest of the allies should never have declared war on Germany or should have at least accepted their peace proposals after Dunkirk.

In general from your previous posts (I'm assuming you're this anon>>27784240
) you seem to forget about Satan. God is not even, Satan is on this earth trying to punish and constantly lead astray while God offers the path to salvation
>>
>>27785137
>God is not even
God is not evil*
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.