[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a normie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 18
He was one of us, right? He hated Chads, was sad/depressed most of the time, made some fucked up music for his time, and he just couldn't deal with all the bullshit of regular life. He off'd himself in the end, didn't he?

Any other robot musicians? Syd Barret and Tom Yorke are up there as well, right?
>>
He got da poosi so no robot.
>>
You've already made this thread before you cunt

he was married and had a kid. That makes you NOT A ROBOT
>>
He's not a robot, but made some robot tier music. I always found the song I'm about to link hauntingly beautiful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcXYz0gtJeM&ab_channel=UrielVelascoGonzalez
>>
My mom is obsessed with this guy.
She constantly says how much I look like him.
I hope I go the same way he went.
Shotgun to the head
A quick and swift end.
>>
He was super beta but not a robot.
>>
>>27777322

Just a leftist normie with some issues. He got laid regularly with alternative sluts.
>>
>>27777322
>Syd Barret and Tom Yorke
Syd Barret maybe, Tom Yorke, nope nowhere close.
Nick Drake was probably a robot.
Cobain had a fucking kid, so definitely not completely a robot.
Daniel Johnston is a robot,
Jad Fair, etc. The people you're mentioning are popular musicians dude. Robot's rarely if ever reach that plateau of being 'known'. Society just won't allow it.
>>
>>27777431
show a picture of yourself faggot
>>
>>27777394
But the women only used him for his fame and fortune. Without his beta-bux, he would've been one of us. He even mentioned that he was largely ignored by women in high school. Unless your definition of a robot mandates a lack of any marketable talents.
>>
>>27777516
>>>/soc/
there is where you want to go
>>
>>27777322
Yes, the self made world famous show business multi millionaire, was JUST like you manchildren in your mother's basement.

Cobain was a driven successful guy, from a shitty family who was dumb enough to allow himself to become hopelessly addicted to heroin. There's not too much more to it really.
>>
>>27777411
This is an old blues song. It is a cool cover, a lot of his songs that people like are covers.
>>
File: 1409953605825.png (221 KB, 499x520) Image search: [Google]
1409953605825.png
221 KB, 499x520
He put on a loser persona so actual losers would buy his music.

Or rather, he was selected because of his loser music to appeal to losers.

In any case, having sex, having a wife, having a child. being famous, etc. automatically prevents you from being a robot.

being a robot is not a good thing.
>>
>>27777431
wow how old are you? Your mother is our age?
>>
>>27777322
What's with all these threads about this faggot? OP, I get you want to suck his dick, but he's dead now, let it go.
>>
>>27777949
I'm 19, my mom is 40 something. She's a fucking literal slut, cheater and liar.
I also dont look like him, I feel like she is projecting him on myself.

although my sisters said I kinda look like him. maybe i have a few similar features. idk
>>
File: Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg (7 KB, 275x270) Image search: [Google]
Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg
7 KB, 275x270
>>27777515
Syd was the definition of a robot IMO.

Autistic, lonely, people that knew him cared about his mental health just not enough to bare the pain of being with/having to take care of some retard 24/7.
>>
File: DJ_50thBday-3.jpg (436 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
DJ_50thBday-3.jpg
436 KB, 900x600
i live my broken dreams
>>
File: 1439135609751.jpg (21 KB, 436x321) Image search: [Google]
1439135609751.jpg
21 KB, 436x321
>>27777322
COURTNEY KILLED HIM
>>
In his bio, there was a short anecdote about the first time he wanted to get laid. He was trying to shag some girl that was mentally retarded, but he pussied out in the end. I definitely don't think he's a normie.
>>
Syd had tons of girls literally banging on his door dying to get at him. Not a robot. Or at least not then. I guess you could say he eventually became one.
>>
>>27777322
Syd barrett was not a robot. he was just a guy who took way too much lsd and ended up living most of his life away from society with mental illness.
But from what i read about him, he was a very normal person before that.
>>
Nick Drake was a robot. Townes Van Zandt as well...sort of.

Nick Drake borned into a very rich family, went to study on private english schools. Most women find him attractive, but he still was a complete loaner. Made 3 album which never got him any kind of fame . Dies at a very young age by overdose...30 years later more and more people start to listen to his music.
>>
Buckethead is a robot. Most other musicians I can think of don't qualify at all.
>>
daily reminder the only reason nirvana made it big was because of kurt's marketable chad face.
>>
File: 1447902504745.png (223 KB, 778x555) Image search: [Google]
1447902504745.png
223 KB, 778x555
Autolux is the robot-est band I know. All of their songs seem like they're about feeling disconnected from normies and other people, and being introverted, introspective, head-in-the-clouds weirdos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7ynwriwfg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1GfAfcgUw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhhdGFjM7I0

Also, Thom Yorke's definitely a robot.
>>
Opinions on
>>
File: GGConcert.jpg (33 KB, 468x331) Image search: [Google]
GGConcert.jpg
33 KB, 468x331
Or, maybe
>>
File: Darby_Crash.jpg (36 KB, 240x332) Image search: [Google]
Darby_Crash.jpg
36 KB, 240x332
Or, how abouts
>>
>>27778552
Also, I know that Carla Azar isn't particularly fond of interviews, and when she does do them, she acts kind of like she doesn't know how to answer questions, and like she doesn't want to be there.
>>
File: chopin robot.png (2 MB, 758x920) Image search: [Google]
chopin robot.png
2 MB, 758x920
>Any other robot musicians?

Pic very related.
>>
File: Ian_Curtis_Joy_Division_1979.jpg (16 KB, 220x322) Image search: [Google]
Ian_Curtis_Joy_Division_1979.jpg
16 KB, 220x322
And surely
>>
>implying Kurt wasn't a poor mans Sid Vicious
>>
>>27778570
GG was definitely an autist
>>
File: CIumtd6VEAEEzqt.jpg (26 KB, 546x414) Image search: [Google]
CIumtd6VEAEEzqt.jpg
26 KB, 546x414
And, finally...
>>
>>27778605
no. no show business performer is a robot. how is that hard to understand?
>>
Who would win in a fight?

Remember Cobain was a giant pussy
>>
>>27778607
>posting a picture of a roasty you are orbiting instead of sid vicious
why are sex pistol fans such betas
>>
>>27778552
Thom Yorke is about as much a robot as Jay-Z, and you know it.
Just because Radiohead is your favourite band doesn't mean that Thom Yorke is a robot.
He fucking headlines festivals without a hitch.
>>
>>27778759
You'd be able to headline festivals too if you had millions of fans supporting and cheering on your world-famous band. Just because someone's a robot doesn't mean they automatically have stagefright. You know he was an autist before he blew up.
>>
>>27778607
>>27778734
I'm not sure what happened, if you click the whore it becomes a picture of Vicious
>>
>>27778966

It happens when two pictures on 4chan get posted at the exact same time. Their cover images get switched.

Someone just posted a picture of Vicious in a /soc/ thread.
>>
>>27778552
never heard of them before, love it
thanks anon
>>
>>27777322
>kurt Cobain
>Syd Barrett
>Thom York
>Jim Morrison (only 67 and before)
>Nick Drake
>probably all those vaporwave fags
>anyone in Death Grips
>David Bryne
>Lou Reed
>Aphex Twin
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JOl3YaDCQI
>>
File: yorke.jpg (69 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
yorke.jpg
69 KB, 500x686
Thom Yorke is very possibly robot-tier.

He has always been very, VERY shy of the limelight. Unlike Kurt Cobain for example, he never seemed comfortable with interviews or touring.

In 1997/1998, when Radiohead were touring OK Computer, Yorke nearly had a complete mental breakdown due to being alienated from the music business, his fans, and everything about his band's image. The song "How to Disappear Completely" from Kid A is written based off of a mantra he kept to keep himself sane during world tours ("I'm not here, this isn't happening").

Though he has become a lot more comfortable over the past decade, Thom Yorke's entire career just looks like that of a robot-tier individual who became successful by chance, and had many years of acting out and being incredibly uncomfortable before eventually finding a way to settle.

On top of that, he was married to the same average-looking girl that he met at university for over two decades, so it's likely that he was never successful with women, and I would doubt that he was ever socially competent enough to cheat on his wife with fans/other celebrities.

He may even have asperger's syndrome or some form of autism, based off of his social awkwardness, and very erratic and off-beat dancing while on stage.
>>
File: happyj.jpg (23 KB, 460x360) Image search: [Google]
happyj.jpg
23 KB, 460x360
definitely j masics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzlx-ZruVw&nohtml5=False
>>
>>27779247
he's not autistic at all
just introverted and neurotic at the same time which is an unfortunate combination
>>
>>27779247
>He has always been very, VERY shy of the limelight. Unlike Kurt Cobain for example, he never seemed comfortable with interviews or touring.
it's an act. You fanboys don't understand marketing.
>>
>>27778658
Not a robot, he just doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>27779292
The What's In My Bag video with J Mascis is painful to watch.
>>
>>27777322
I barely give a shit about him I just like his music, but I'd say he's like me
Not robotic enough for here but still not really in the loop of with normies
granted he did get girls and I didn't but only one of them was attractive and only for maybe 2 years.
>>
>>27778702
Cobain still probably, Syd only stood a chance against anyone if e had a glass bottle or something. Cobain would fall off of stacks of amps like 10 feet high and it would all be good.
>>
No rockstar is a robot. How delusional are you idiots?
>>
>loved by millions
lolno

not to mention he probably fucked a new 13-16 year old girl every night
>>
>>27779546
neither are nigger rappers but I bet you would disagree.
>>
Kurt Cobain had bags of confidence and had musical talent. I like him and his music but he was one of those normies with a bit of a special snowflake complex, who did everything he could to make himself look deep, thoughtful and withrawn yet interesting.

Syd Barrett was a good looking talented musiscian and songwriter who had bitches all over him in 60's London. Then he went insane and became kinda like a robot, living with his mother and painting for the rest of his life, except he'd already had sex and all that.

>Thom yorke

He seems robotish on paper but he seems confident on stage, I mean look at his retarded dancing. He is also a stellar musician and has a wife and kids

You seem to struggle to grasp the concept of what a robot is
>>
I have a question for all of you: does a musician not being a robot make their music less enjoyable?
>>
>>27777517
He's not even beta. He's not scared, not shy, he's not aspired to be alpha, he didn't feel inferior to alphas. He was just, being himself and not anxious about it. That's not beta, that's just passive alpha
>>
>>27778418
I'm convinced.
He's like a music making machine.
Even when he was hospitalised he was still writing music.
Came out with a fucking Banjo album. Because why the fuck not?
>>
>>27779568
No, I wouldn't disagree.

I think robots are losers, not world famous performers.
>>
>>27779601
>Syd Barrett was a good looking talented musiscian and songwriter who had bitches all over him in 60's London. Then he went insane and became kinda like a robot, living with his mother and painting for the rest of his life, except he'd already had sex and all that.
yeah Syd was an acid casualty.
>>
>>27777322
low key he was murdered
>>
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is mucho roboto, I think. In every interview he comes out as a huge dork, shy, not very articulate, frequently spilling his spaghetti. His music is (was?) cool af.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.