[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever thought about the fact that you're an apex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10
File: hunt30n-8-web.jpg (61 KB, 635x637) Image search: [Google]
hunt30n-8-web.jpg
61 KB, 635x637
Have you ever thought about the fact that you're an apex predator?

We're literally the most dangerous species on the face of the planet. Nothing can hunt or eat us. Every other animal on the planet has to be constantly aware and afraid that something could be coming for it.

I feel like I'm not appreciating or taking advantage of this at all.
>>
>>27776023
If you take away human intelligence were not.
>>
>>27776023
>nothing hunts us

What about bears, big cats, and other apex animals
>>
File: Really.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>27776074
>If you take a sharks teeth maybe not
>if you take an eagles wings maybe not
>if you take out a wolf's fangs maybe not

stop saying stupid shit
>>
>>27776105
What about the pedophiles and sadists who run western governments?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
>>27776023
mesopredator
>>
Human society has to a large extent replaced nature and humanity has filled all the niches that were occupied by different species before: from the meek hare (the robot) to the majestic lion (the chad). Some people are apex predators, but most of us are actually just cattle, or game, for the hunters to exploit and toy with.
>>
>>27776074
No shit, if you take away every predator's primary trait for predation they lose theirstatus. Even so, humans are still pretty physically able, considering the majority of animals we could kill without tools, only finding ourselves in trouble if we meet the few seriously dangerous creatures like bears and such
>>
>>27776023
>Nothing can hunt or eat us.
>I feel like I'm not appreciating or taking advantage of this at all.
Fun theory, give it a try. Maybe you'll learn something.
>>
it's why wars are so popular
ya'll bros are the most dangerous game... the only challenge left to face
so come on, let's do it, let's kill each other some more, for our own sakes
>>
>>27776023
>we're the apex predator
just take away our intelligence, thinking/improvising, and ability to learn/know things and we are pretty much as vulnerable and fragile as chimpanzees
>>
>>27776133
Or the warlords and rapists who run African countries
>>
>>27776023
but most of people here are virgins so we are still failures of nature, we are mistakes, i guess normals and chads are apex predators, but i dont know OP, i mean would you win against a gorilla without weapons and naked (obviously there are sticks and rocks on the ground)
what do you think?
>>
>>27776175
So, you're agreeing we are the apex predator? Or are you really fucking stupid?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>27776134
Muh sides. Topkek.
>>
>>27776123
Every adult shark, eagle and wolf has its their respective physical traits because their offspring is regulated by natural selection. People aren't, which is why only the elite 15% of every given human population are proper people - tough, intelligent, dangerous, dominant. They are the ones who would most likely thrive in a natural state of things.

The rest are of us are just things with human faces, as a Nazi lawyer once so elegantly put it.
>>
>>27776202
No one is going out gorilla hunting with sticks and stones you fucking moron
>>
It's true. The Bengel tiger is one of the fiercest predators in the world, and there are only 2000 or so of them left in the wild. They're endangered because they're no match for our sprawling civilization and poachers with guns. Our ancestors may have been vulnerable, but animals cannot hope to compete with the organized intelligence of humanity. It makes me wonder how we'd fare though against another sentient species, on equal footing. Would we remain the apex predator, or wind up on the dinner plate?
>>
File: happy-tiger.jpg (54 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
happy-tiger.jpg
54 KB, 560x373
>>27776023
>nothing can hunt or eat us
without a gun we're fucked against any large carnivore
>>
>>27776224
We're weak because of the society we've been sheltered in. In nature we are the apex predators, and even without our primal instincts on at all times we can kill animals with a little bit of knowledge. You're a fucking idiot kill yourself. Or better yet go get killed by a pigeon or something
>>
>>27776023
Are you sure you got this right? We are already taking advantage of this by making science and art. Not all of us, obviously. And predators don't organize like humans do, we are probably more like ant colonies, with soldiers, workers, nurses, etc.
>>
>>27776233
but we are apex predators dude!!! i mean we are brilliant and all yknow??
>>
>>27776266
And yet somehow we evolved to the point to discover gun powder.
>>
>>27776266
>implying we can't make guns
>implying you're fucking stupid
>implying your a pessimist fur fag
>>
>>27776292
we haven't evolved much in the last thousands and thousands of years

it's just a miserable pile of secrets that keeps getting more miserable and more piled on
>>
Actually we are not. Our trophic level is on par with pigs.
>>
>>27776290
We are brilliant we have taken over the world. With just existing we have wiped out dozens of species off the face of the earth. We have driven out wildlife to the reaches of the middle of who the fuck cares.
>>
>>27776320
the point was that if we were truly helpless w/o guns we wouldn't have made it that far.

Try and keep up.
>>
>>27776224
Even before humans settled down and started farming, nature wouldn't have required every single person to be a perfect hunter.

There would have been people to build weapons and traps, keep genealogical records (mentally), play music, entertain children, etc.
>>
>>27776290
>thinking we're apex predators because of our physical attributes

How stupid can one person be?
>>
>>27776266
Modern humans might be fucked. Ancient humans were still more dangerous than any animal with spears, club, atlatls and bows particularly when hunting in groups.
>>
>>27776134
>2.4 billion years of evolution cumulates in this

Smh
>>
>>27776385
>Modern humans might be fucked.
How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>27776266
Funny you bring up a tiger, because there are literally almost none left in the world due to over hunting.
>>
>>27776280
>We're weak because of the society we've been sheltered in.
To be fair, humans need a LOT of tools to become that sort of apex predator, and a lot of human endeavour is put towards not having to be a predator anymore in favor of lower-energy-cost pursuits, like farming.

Basically, I don't think you could go toe to toe with anything bigger than a coyote (or even a particularly large or experienced coyote) and even if you did kill it, you wouldn't have a good way of preparing it to eat safely.
>>
File: 3428672934.jpg (69 KB, 900x669) Image search: [Google]
3428672934.jpg
69 KB, 900x669
>>27776292
>>27776297
well yeah, but a gun isn't built into our body

you need to build it, know how to use it, and count on having it when you need it

carnivores don't have those limitations with their fangs and claws
>>
>>27776337
in colaboration of many cultures over thousands of years, without collaboration we would live in a cave
(funny thing is we keep fighting each other for stupid reasons and we keep being brilliants)
>>
>>27776448
No shit nigger we just shoot animals now. Just because our tactics have changed doesn't make us any less efficient. The average person doesn't even know hot to shoot a gun. Much less hit a moving target
>>
>>27776385
still, plenty of them were killed in hunts
>>
>>27776457
Seriously, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>27776437
Smarter than you if I have to explain what I wrote to you.
>>
>>27776457
Oh shut up. We didn't get to the top with our fist you stupid fucking faggot. Get killed by a pigeon
>>
>>27776280
>>27776288
>>27776337
All of these we's ITT. You and I didn't do shit, neither create art or science or run the industry, nor kill an animal in mortal combat, and that is because we are genetic inferiors to people who were just like us in childhood but are now loath to admit they share the same species with the likes of us.

No one but immensely successful people should consider themselves truly human and equals to the people who made the cave painting at Altamira or wherever.
>>
>>27776479
>The average person doesn't even know hot to shoot a gun. Much less hit a moving target
That's because they don't have to. If they had too, they'd learn. And quickly.
>>
>>27776442
yeah, because of guns

also tigers live in extremely densely populated areas like india and bangladesh
>>
>>27776459
>arguing about who's the smarter better species in the world

God you're so stupid it's disgusting
>>
nigga you cant even hunt and kill a squirrel stfu
>>
>>27776479
>No shit nigger we just shoot animals now.
No we don't, we farm them. When's the last time you ate a wild animal?
I think I've ever had something actually hunted, like, once.

>>27776479
>>27776517
>guns
Do you know how to make a gun and ammunition? Could you even make the tools that you'd need to make a viable firearm and chemistry station for making powder and primers?
>>
File: hatoful boyfriend rape dlc.jpg (41 KB, 431x720) Image search: [Google]
hatoful boyfriend rape dlc.jpg
41 KB, 431x720
>>27776501
>Get killed by a pigeon
>>
>>27776489
True, but even primitive man was an apex predator that could kill and eat any animal on the planet even with stone weapons. We have more potential than we give ourselves credit for. Even physically, ancient humans could run down game over long distances, exhausting them because our form of locomotion is so efficient even if not particularly fast.
>>
>>27776495
You really believe humans are de-evolving? Smh.

You are creating a scenario in a hypothetical world. It has no bearing on reality.

In reality (you know the actual world), modern humans would absolutely destroy any of these so called predators.
>>
>>27776023

There's a difference between an apex predator and an invasive/feral species.

As much as I love my fellow humans, we're somewhat parasitic.
>>
>>27776514
most successful people don't do any physical fighting either
people who start wars don't actually fight them
>>
>>27776552
I'ts truly mind blowingly retarded.
>>
>>27776570
We don't need to hunt anymore, but if we WANTED to go kill we could do it easily. What's so hard to understand? we are the apex predators we can kill elephants with a click of a finger. Just shut up already you stupid idiot
>>
>>27776552
>claiming to be more brilliant in 4chan
oh my
>>
>>27776514
And those "immensely successful" people do all their work themselves? Artists don't live in houses built by others? CEOs don't make money with their armies of worker ants? Hence the ant colony comparison. You make it sound like successful people just suddenly spawn out of clay and build corporations with their bare hands.
>>
>>27776600
yes modern western humans are physically less tough than ancient humans, de-evolving
>>
>>27776594
yeah, having a free pair of arms lets us use projectile weapons, which few other animals can do
plus speech which lets groups coordinate and plan
>>
>>27776600
Yes, but in a steel cage death match between a man and a wolf in a parallel universe w/ no opposable thumbs....
>>
>>27776501
He who strikes hardest also thinks the quickest. Intelligence, creativity and mental health (which are one and the same) are nothing more than the consequence of an individual's above average inborn physical health. Nature works in such a way that more is more but less can never be more. There is no such thing as compensation: you're either naturally excellent, or you're not.
>>
>>27776649
>but if we WANTED to go kill we could do it easily.
>we

Could you?
Do you know how to hunt? Can you hunt? Can you create the necessary tools to hunt?
>>
>people honestly don't think humans are the apex predator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iyNncvIrz8
>>
>>27776675
That's because they don't need to be. (Think about it.)

But seriously..... you're a retard.
>>
>>27776711
Oh sorry I didn't know I humans weren't able to learn skills. I'll just stick to being a mindless computer dweeb. You got me. You're such a genius. I'm not a hunter guys. Let me go out and get killed by a pigeon
>>
>>27776705
>he who strikes hardest also thinks the quickest
How many people do you think have died in "Hey, watch this!" moments throughout human history?
>>
>>27776755
>Let me go out and get killed by a pigeon
See 1000 years ago, you would have been able to kill that pigeon....
>>
>>27776755
>I'm not a hunter guys. Let me go out and get killed by a pigeon
I think you would get killed by a pigeon desu

do you even take care of handiwork around your own house? do you even cook or clean? you're useless
>>
>>27776600
Not de-evolving at all, just not dependent on modern technology. People act like without guns we are not shit. As if we were not the dominant force on the planet before gunpowder and even before metal working.

Throw the average modern human in a survival situation with access only to stone age technology and they would not do particularly well and many would probably die because they lack the simple skills and knowledge that most humans had for 90% of human history which we lack today.

Its not about de-evolving its about what we choose to learn. If we had to we could rapidly adapt to living without technology again but many many people would die.
>>
>>27776711
literally any non retard human can learn to use a gun
>>
>>27776788
That's just how evolution works anon.
>>
>>27776175

Stop saying this dumbass shit. Our ability to reason is a positive trait which enables us to be Apex predators.

Why would you take that away you dumb cunt?

Take away a Chimpanzees muscle mass and they are just as vunerable too..this is how dumb you sound...

So many fucking stupid people on here.
>>
File: fuckin wolves.jpg (123 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
fuckin wolves.jpg
123 KB, 1000x665
>>27776457
>wolves
>tfw watching the grey

Wolves fuck people up.
>>
>>27776796
I'm a beaner I work in construction. Hard work runs in my family, so how about you stop projecting sense you believe you're not an apex predator. I can bet my life that my family comes from hunters and warriors unlike your pathetic beta cunt.
>>
>>27776803
>that most humans had for 90% of human history which we lack today.
No. The average peasant was not a metalworker, nor did he forage for berries. He had a farm, with industrial equipment.

>>27776812
>using a gun = building a gun
what happens when you're out of ammo, fuccboi?

also I did basic training, and most people when handed a rifle do not know what the fuck do do with it. so many people who couldn't figure out how to take off the safety or remove a magazine, cripes. most people had a hard time loading magazines, too, and many didn't understand that you actually had to clean a gun regularly or how and did dumb shit like apply shoe polish to the interior of it to "blacken" it
>>
>>27776803
>Throw the average modern human in a survival situation with access only to stone age technology and they would not do particularly well and many would probably die because they lack the simple skills and knowledge that most humans had for 90% of human history which we lack today.
Again this is a moronic fictitious world.

Our ancestors managed to defeat or escape all of those predators already.

OR WE WOULDN'T"T FUCKING BE HERE.

You're seriously not very bright.
>>
>>27776788
Its called being ironic. You should look it up dumbass

fucking idiot
>>
>>27776266

A humans ability to make and use tools which can make up for physical shortfalls is just as important of a trait as the Tigers Claws and Teeth you idiot.
>>
>>27776883
>Its called being ironic.
Yeah, duh.
>>
>>27776610
>>27776673
>Artists don't live in houses built by others? CEOs don't make money with their armies of worker ants? Hence the ant colony comparison.

Right, but all is coordinated from the top. A corporate wageslave and construction worker are only useful because they have time to spare for chores the boss considers below him, not because they are capable of actually building anything themselves.

For a leader to become a leader, he must first come out on top in the petty everyday competitions of kids and young people - banter, mock-wrestling, group politics, sexual conquests - every elite, be they artist or politician, must first be naturally better in all of these activities than all the chads in their immediate environment. That's why I say that there's only one stipulation for excellence, which is always physical in nature first, with morality, intelligence and talent evolving out of this primal physical ability. Think of the Greek philosophers - they were all amazing soldiers who had spent time on the front line, on the battlefield.
>>
>>27776175
>>27776175
And take away a lion's strength and intelligence and all you have is a large house cat
>>
File: 1393738034020.jpg (20 KB, 163x162) Image search: [Google]
1393738034020.jpg
20 KB, 163x162
I jump and scream and hop on top of the sofa when a centipede crawls by, so no.
>>
Yes our opposable thumbs and intelligence give us the edge over every single other species on the planet.
>>
>>27776175
>b-but if you take away all of our advantages we're nothing!

Fuck off retard
>>
>>27776872
You dont understand human history. Plant and animal domestication is a relatively recent part of human history as a whole. For the vast majority of our history as a species we were hunter gatherers. Thats the 90% I am talking about.
>>
>>27776812
>literally any non retard human can learn to use a gun

There's always differentiation between people in the use of a gun. Some will always be able to fire more quickly than all the rest, and thus be the best gunmen. Even in the act of pressing a button there exists a natural hierarchy. And since quick reflexes are the most useful skill a hunter can possess, the best gunmen would also make the best stone age hunters.
>>
>>27776961
>Fuck off retard
the sad part is I don't think he was trolling. just baka desu.
>>
>>27776877
Our ancestors considered someone in their 30s old and had lots of children because mortality rates were so high.I'm not even talking about predators but simple things such as feeding ourselves, keeping warm, having clean water would be very difficult for the average modern person to do in the forests with only stone age technology. Modern day we killed off most of the predators but there is still parts of the world with predators that would kill a lone human trying to survive out in the wild if they did not know how to defend themselves.
>>
>>27776905
>For a leader to become a leader, he must first come out on top in the petty everyday competitions of kids and young people - banter, mock-wrestling, group politics, sexual conquests - every elite, be they artist or politician, must first be naturally better in all of these activities than all the chads in their immediate environment.

I agree with you that many leaders are actually "better" people than others. I can see it when I look at my coworkers, none of them (me included, probably) excel at anything.

But thanks to the comforts of first-world societies, people can also become career anything. You can be a career politician, a career CEO, a career officer, only a few of them actually compete with their peers. I originally assumed you were saying that every single person occupying a higher position actually clawed their way into it, which thanks to affirmative action policies, is now even less true. But as a result of it most things are also going to shit.
>>
>>27777001
>guns
Kek. Like we'd even need guns. GPS drone strike. Fuck a lion.
>>
>>27777083
>water would be very difficult for the average modern person to do in the forests with only stone age technology
No fucking shit idiot. We're conditioned to survive in the environment we live in.'But thank you for your fascinating pontifications. l I'm sure they will be quite relevant when they figure out time travel.
>>
>>27777121
>I originally assumed you were saying that every single person occupying a higher position actually clawed their way into it, which thanks to affirmative action policies, is now even less true.

There' s always a screening process for the better white collar jobs which at the very least includes shaking hands, cracking jokes and other split second responses that no robot could hope to pass.
>>
>>27776872
No one goes hunting unprepared, and nobody gives a shit about your basic training story. Obviously I'm not going to go in a bear infested area without a gun, and obviously we don't know how to make guns, because we have people already building them. If it were my job, hey I could make a gun from scartch, but my roll in my society is to build houses. Even then a construction worker like myself can pick up a gun, learn how to use it, and when i feel that i'm experience enough to go out hunting, I will go out hunting. and i wont go with 2 rounds on my weapon knowing that what I will be killing could put me in danger.

Why don't you have any common sense in yoU? I turly believe you're retarded Anon
>>
>>27777189
You said it was moronic to think that modern people would likely die in a survival situation now say its so painfully obvious that they would likely die its not worth mentioning.... Are you brain damaged dumb ass?
>>
>all of these dumb contrarians going about mental gymnastics to say humans are not the most dominant species on this planet by a stupidly massive margin

guns are literally considered an extension of a humans right here
many of the other top predators are only still alive because of humanities mercy
get fucked fur fags
>>
>>27777332
Again, your need to create an impossible scenario in order for your argument to be true, invalidates the argument.

And guess what? There is a reason why we wouldn't do well in that kind of situation. Because the odds of us being in such a situation are so statistically minuscule it makes no sense to prepare for it. And you know why that is? It's sure not because lions and tigers and bears are the apex predators.

You can't be this stupid. It's impossible.
>>
>>27777481
Holy shit you're dumb. Can you read?
>>
>>27776023
There's plenty of animals that have hunted us, we have always mostly been scavengers. Just because we can kill different species by fucking up their natural habitat doesn't make us apex predators.
>>27776074
Even with our intelligence, compared to many other species we have terrible survival skills. What we have that they don't is our brain and the ability to work with tools, and yet there's many environments here on earth that we would never be able to survive in.
>>
>>27776919
I bet evolution favors the scarier and more alarming centipedes.

I shudder to think of the horrors of the future...
>>
>>27778226
>yet there's many environments here on earth that we would never be able to survive in.

we have cities everywhere

> What we have that they don't is our brain and the ability to work with tools

and we don't have fangs, wings, or gills. stop being stupid shit

> we have terrible survival skills

tell me what species can live anywhere in the world? cockroaches maybe

>animals that have hunted us

name one, human isn't the daily diet for any animal moron. maybe mosquitoes

>Just because we can kill different species by fucking up their natural habitat doesn't make us apex predators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEIGqD80N6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR6r5VuuAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrWYuh_s1RQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lib6o6Y54mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkC0Qwc5JFk
>>
Nah I'm a child of God and you heathens are little more than apes. Enjoy throwing shit at each other.
>>
>>27778398
>thinking you're anything better

It's laughable to be honest with you
>>
>>27778350
holy fuck that lion kill
talk about an adrenaline rush
>>
>>27778536
what is happening in that gif
>>
>>27776266
Good thing we have guns huh senpai
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.