[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >not living with your parents It just blows my mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 238x212
>2016
>not living with your parents

It just blows my mind just how many people think its better to get into HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of debt paying rent or getting a mortgage just for the sake of being "independent", when they could save all that money by just living with parents.

Theres literally NO excuse not living with your parents unless you have ZERO financial acumen or just are a butthurt wageslave.
>>
>>27767895
if everyone behaved that way your parent's wouldn't have a house for you to live in.
>>
File: image.png (217 KB, 525x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217 KB, 525x409
>>27767937
Hows the monthly interest payments (10 times the inflation rate) going wagie? Are you able to keep up?
>>
>>27767976
the value of my property doubled in the last 5 years actually. I've made quite a bit of money.
>>
>>27767895
>t just blows my mind just how many people think its better to get into HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of debt paying rent or getting a mortgage just for the sake of being "independent", when they could save all that money by just living with parents.

I live in Italy and it's cheap here if you're middle class and I don't even have to work because mommy and daddy are paying it all for me :D
>>
File: image.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>27768005
>he doesn't know we're in another housing bubble thanks to all that Quantitative easing

If you're as smart as you claim you are, you would be selling your house before next year's crash.
>>
>>27767895
See Eggman for what happens if you're an ugly, low social status male insisting on this 'independence'
>>
>>27767895
>people think its better to get into HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of debt paying rent or getting a mortgage
Rent isn't debt.

A mortgage is debt over/against an asset. if you're not a fool, you should make money in the long run.'
>>
>>27768054
kek. nyc real estate behaves differently than the national market.
>>
>>27767895
It's only money.

However, you're only young once.

Enjoy wasting your youth in your mom's basement.
>>
>>27767895
My parents are impoverished t.b.h. its cheeper for me to get a roommate because my parents are always asking for monies
>>
>>27767895
How is paying rent debt? If you're borrowing money constantly to pay rent then you deserve to be homeless.
>>
>>27768187
>How is paying rent debt?
It's almost like OP is spouting memes and knows nothing about finance.
>>
>>27767895
Well, some people dont have a choice. I'm not one of those people luckily but I know some who are.

It must really suck.
>>
>>27768232
>It must really suck.
Yes, independence is such a burden.

What time does mommy serve tendies?
>>
>>27768270
She doesnt serve me anything, I cook my own food. I also have a job. Its not uncommon for people to live with their parents nowadays because its honestly the smart thing to do with how ridiculous the housing market is. Although it is improving.
>>
When you live on your own, you actually enjoy the time you get to spend with your parents, instead of avoiding them because they can't stand the sight of you. So there's that.
>>
>>27767895
I have plenty of excuses for not living with them.

I stayed with them over for a week when I was moving once, to finish a semester at university. They screamed so much. If they weren't having outright yelling matches, calling each other horrible things, trying to goad me in to taking one or the others' side, they were slamming doors, throwing things against walls, etc.

In the small amount of downtime from this they were trying to make me leave the house constantly, berating me for anything they thought of ("you're not wearing /that/, are you?", "why are you still in school?"), despite knowing I needed to finish final papers.

Never again. I stayed one night last Christmas Eve and I couldn't handle another day for Christmas. If you don't have a guest bedroom and have to let someone sleep on the couch, at the very least, maybe don't have screaming matches in the kitchen at 6am.

I would never raise children around them, hence, independence. It's unfortunate my older sister just got her other two kids taken away; now my parents will be raising them.
>>
>>27768314
>the housing market...
The manboy's ace in the hole.

Mostly a meme.

Get a cheap apartment and live with your friends. Millions of young people who aren't total social pariahs do it.
>>
>>27768364
Why do they do it though? Just so they can claim superiority for not living with their parents? I dont have to get my own place and I can save money instead so why wouldnt I do that?

You just sound bitter because youre one of those people who couldnt stay with their parents.
>>
I'm literally paying 0 to live at home while my colleagues shell out over half their monthly income for rent. Why anyone would NOT live with their parents is beyond me.
>>
>>27767895
PUHleeze. Real estate is like any other investment. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll loose money. And then again, some smart people will make a lot of money.

The r9k manchild does not care about real estate or finance.

The r9k manboy is lazy and weak and uses the alleged perils of the real estate market as an excuse to prolong his parasitic lifestyle.
>>
>>27768351
You don't think the reasons in >>27768351 are enough?
>>
>>27768404
Because it's fun? Who would want to spend their 20s living at their parents? You're only young once.
>>
>>27768437
meant this post to you >>27768459
>>
>>27768451
>The r9k manboy is lazy and weak and uses the alleged perils of the real estate market as an excuse to prolong his parasitic lifestyle.
>>27768437
>I'm literally paying 0 to live at home while my colleagues shell out over half their monthly income for rent. Why anyone would NOT live with their parents is beyond me.

checks out tbqh
>>
You guys don't have parents where they won't buy you a house?

Damn you guys got it rough. I'm int the market for a house that my parents will give me the money for. I'm looking at a budget of about 500k
>>
>>27768451
The r9k poster is generally poor and cant play the real estate game, even if he wants to.

I seriously want to. I live in a Rust Belt area where flipping and renting is easy easy profit.
>>
>>27768471
Whats fun about it? I dont understand the difference other than being able to say "lol i'm not a loser cause I dont live with my parents!"

I can't think of anything that I could do in my own place that I cant do now.
>>
>>27767895
My mom makes me pay rent anyway and she's generally depressing to be around. She's always begging for money and I'm dumb enough to give it to her. At this point I think I'd be happier living on my own. It'll cost about the same but I won't be as angry all the time I hope.
>>
>>27768506
My mom said she'd do the downpayment, but if she outright bought me one, all the relatives would probably be up her ass for one too.
>>
Oh murica you and your debts, with a student support of almost 500 euros/month, rent of just under 250 euros/month and free university Im basically making money doing fucking nothing but studying
>>
>>27768517
Sit in silence and read.
>>
I live with my mom and have for most of my life besides about a year and a half. I'm 24 and honestly like living at home. Her house is way nicer than anything I could ever afford and she is better than pretty much any room mate I could find. Most girls I meet or date don't really mind, they may tease me a little bit but that's it. The shower in my on suit bathroom is amazing and there's a clawfoot tub right next to it so if I have a girl over we can fuck in the shower cause all she has to do is hold on to the tub.
>>
>>27768054

>He thinks QE has anything to do with the housing market

Please admit you're shit posting.
>>
>>27768506
>thinks he's bragging

Having something bought for you isn't an accomplishment.
>>
>>27768517
Friends, girls, social life. You really need to ask this question?
>>
>>27768548
I'm sorry dude but you wont have a girl living with your parents. There are many advantages to living with you parents but not having a GF is one of the big disadvantages.

>I still live with my parents

is pretty much an instant discard.
>>
>>27768437
My parents are loud white nigger psychos that fight 24/7 and always ask to borrow money. Fuck that
>>
>>27767937
The difference is that nowadays it's literally impossible to afford any sort of housing.

Back when most of our parents bought their houses, shit was cheap compared to what it is now.
>>
>>27768549
He thought rent was debt too.

These manboys do all kinds of mental gymnastics to justify their pathetic lifestyles.
>>
>>27768547
I can do that. I live in the full sized loft in the garage. Its basically like my own apartment.

>>27768590
I have all of those things except a girl. I did have one though and she was fine with me living here. She really liked my parents and we had plenty of privacy. We split up because she had to go overseas for college.
>>
>>27767895
>debt
>rent
Ahahaha there's a reason why they say to make 3x the rent at minimum
>>
>>27768606
>it's literally impossible
Nigga please. I live in one of the most expensive housing markets in America, and there are all kinds of kids in their 20s renting apartments.

I know, I'm a landlord.

And yeah, I figured out a way to own property and I started out in a lower middle class family working minimum wage jobs.

You're talking out of your ass making excuses.
>>
>>27768437
Bringing women back must be a pain, also having friends over for drinks must be tedious.

>reminder that you not having these issues is an issue.
>>
>>27768635
Well, it sounds like you have a nice set-up. I was mentioning what I can't do if I were to live with my parents. Among a host of other relaxing activities done in silence, like write, draw, drink tea, meditate, etc.
>>
>>27768635
Yes Anon. I'm sure you will build yourself quite a life living in your mom's garage.
>>
>>27768656
Either way, I haven't got any friends, and I'm too fucked up to meet any.
I'm also too fucked up to get a job at the moment and am working on my mental well-being before anything else, though that might include getting a friend so I have at least someone.
>>
>>27768187
It's a debt that you pay back infinitely. They loan you the house and you pay them back for however long you stay there. It's exactly the same as the debt you would get if you bought a house except you end up owning nothing.
>>
>>27768656
>>27768689
Also, I meant for one person. One or two people owning a house is unheard of now because shit's expensive. Stop pretending it's just laziness and perhaps realize that things are actually shit.
>>
>>27767895
Do you pay rent in good boy points? If so, do you have enough left over for tendies?
>>
>>27768699
It's a bill, not a debt.
>>
>>27768689
>Either way, I haven't got any friends, and I'm too fucked up to meet any.
That I believe.
>am working on my mental well-being before anything else....

i.e I'm a huckster deadbeat.

Look Anon, work on your life. Don't be an asshole blowing a bunch of hot air about housing markets that you don't understand.
>>
>>27768672
I dont plan to be here forever. All I'm doing is saving money for a nice place instead of having to move into some dump with a bunch of dudebros.
>>
File: 871.gif (51 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
871.gif
51 KB, 500x254
>>27768699
In this post Anon makes up his own personal definition for the word 'debt'
>>
>>27768722
It's not that bad here in Texas. Most young married couples I know have started getting houses. Two $40k+ a year incomes easily land you a mortgage.
>>
>>27768733
Except I do understand it.
Stop pretending that "lel le millennials r shit maymay" and do some fucking research.

Housing costs more than ever.
The minimum wage still hasn't gone up.
Education costs fucktons.

If you genuinely don't believe that things are tough right now than you're delusional.
>>
>>27768722
>One or two people owning a house is unheard of now
The fuck are you going on about? This is nonsense.
>>
>>27768732
Yeah, so like I said, it's the same as getting a bill for your mortgage except you end up owning nothing. It's worse than debt and the differences between the two are merely semantic. In the real world they still mean the same thing; a monthly bill.
>>
>>27768765
Maybe I'm thinking of the Canadian housing market then. It's possible things are better in the States than they are here.

Either way, the fact that people are suggesting that multiple people own a place is ridiculous.
Back in the day, people used to be able to afford their own place.
For one person.
Nowadays, that's impossible.
>>
>>27768760
And yet millions of people do it.

Of course you can't/shouldn't buy a house if you're making minimum wage.
Education has always been expensive. Housing has always been expensive.

Claiming that's it's impossible though is clearly a bullshit excuse to cover up your lack of motivation.
>>
>>27768760
Why would people who work minimum wage be buying a house? Don't look to niggers to fund this viewpoint.

Young adults with professions still buy houses.
>>
my mom wants me to move back. but her city is awfully expensive and I dont want to sleep on a mattress in their living room
>>
File: pepus.jpg (5 KB, 204x250) Image search: [Google]
pepus.jpg
5 KB, 204x250
>>27768081
>real estate
HE BOUGHT IT
HE ACTUALLY
FUCKING
BOUGHT IT
>>
>>27768790
I own a house that I live in by myself. It's definitely not impossible.
>>
>>27768799
Your mortgage approval is generally for 2.5 times your income. It's fairly easy in the southern US to find homes for $100k. They might be less than 1000 sqft, but that's about right for a single person. I just did a search in the major metro area I'm in, and there's over a hundred under that price. Not all of them are in the bad parts of town.
>>
>>27768851
>Your mortgage approval is generally for 2.5 times your income.
Kind of. When it comes down to it though mortgage approval is based on your asset/debt ratio.

The rest I agree with you.

Where I live though you realy can't buy a house for under a mil.
>>
>>27768549
>what is fiscal policy

more cheap credit = cheaper rates to borrow from banks = more debt and leverage for house building and real estate firms = growth of housing market = inevitable debt induced housing crisis
>>
>>27768895
It's a rough rule, but unless a person took out six figures in student loans, the monthly payment shouldn't put too much strain on it. And if they took out that much in student loans, you'd hope they're making more than $40k a year.

All I could say is, consider moving. My sister lives in California, but she lives east of Sacramento near the forests. Housing is cheap out there too.
>>
>accumulate debt
>die
Moneylenders BTFO
>>
>>27768979
I already own. I'm not worried about it.

But debt matters There are plenty of people making six figures who are drowning in credit card debt etc.

They're not getting a mortgage.
>>
>>27769048
I suppose there are. I just never have much contact with those type of people. Just mid-range upper-five-figure couples. Usually student loans and maybe a lingering car payment.
>>
>>27767895
My mortgage made me 105k euro (after tax, interet and expenses) after 2.5 years. Pretty sweet deal. I got paid 3500 euro a month for taking the risk lol (probably more than you earn a month). Just a got a mail that im getting a lower interest rate (3 year fixed) at 1.2%. Might change that to a 2% 30 year fixed rate :^)
>>
File: kmages.jpg (10 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
kmages.jpg
10 KB, 195x259
>>27769218
I got an FHA mortgage, put 3.5% (all in all about 40k cash) down, and then sold my place for 400k profit.

r9k manboys only bring up the negative stories because (pic related)
>>
>>27768166
So instead of helping your struggling parents you wanna let em default and be homeless
>>
>>27769410
im not giving them all my wagecuckbux while my dad hangs out with his NEET friends. fuck that
>>
>>27767895
>Friend strives to be independent
>Bought his own apartment
>Has to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to support it
>>
>>27768924

That is not at all what QE is
>>
It's impossible to live with your parents if you have a significant other.

We had to move into my parents' small-ish house after 3 years of living on together while we were looking to buy our own house.

It was fucking irritating.

>you're not building your own nest/family
>your SO is mad because she doesn't have her own kitchen and the ability to cook whenever
>your parents are going to be in your shit, there's no way around it
>you can't have spontaneous, passionate and loud sex
>fights/disagreements and their causes can become public information
>you're not making your house the way you want it to be
>you generally abide by your patents' rules
>if you have a child, he/she can have influences you don't necessarily want them to have
>no chillin on the couch and hitting the bowl a couple of times while she's cuddled up under your arm and you discuss the week that just ended and the one to come

I could go on.

All these fucking millennials are all about their experiences. They have nothing, they want nothing and they think they're cool for it. Once the fun experience ends, they're on looking for the next one. I can't wait to see these little cockroaches in their 40s and 50s, it's going to be hilarious. They'll probably kill themselves before they get there, lol.

There's definitely a time and a place to live with your parents and save up mad cash, but by your mid 20s you should be starting to plan your own place.

A lot comes with owning a house/living at your own place. All you bitter 28 year old virgins are going to stay bitter and virgin because you don't even have a place to live with your hypothetical girlfriend.
>>
>>27768658
Even if "not having these issues is an issue," the fact still stands that i don't have those issues
>>
>>27769600
Same experience. We were going to stay at either parents house for some months to save more for buying a house. We had already been living together five years.

Being forcibly woken up at 7am every morning despite both of us working night shifts was fucking miserable. If you're living with another person, they rarely show you an appropriate level of respect. If we ever locked our door, which is warranted if we wanted to have sex, one of them would get angry about the locked door and start trying to beat it down.

Cooking /anything/ would send them on a spiel of "why are you eating so many times a day" (three times), apparently expecting dinner to be the only meal of the day. Not to mention their pets suddenly became our pets, included the dozen very large farm animals.

I guess that'd be solved by sane parents, but even then they'd still be a part of your personal life.
>>
>>27768115
>it's only money

found the triggered trustfund kid
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.