[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does society hate people who are quiet and introverted? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14
File: 1455081460076.jpg (285 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
1455081460076.jpg
285 KB, 1300x1300
Why does society hate people who are quiet and introverted? I never understood this.
>>
They don't get shit done
>>
>>27748322
You can't trust them.
>>
File: 1454331964234.jpg (13 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
1454331964234.jpg
13 KB, 302x302
>what's society's problem with people that don't contribute to society?
>>
>>27748322
they lost their purpose in modern world
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 600x450
>>27748322
>Why does "society" hate people who are not "social"?

Are you retarded anon?
>>
They are not normal, hence they need to be put down. Easy.
>>
>>27748367
How do quiet and introverted people not contribute to society? That's bullshit
>>
>>27748322
because they feel like you don't give a shit about them. to extrovert ignorance is a big deal. they want your attention and since you don't give them any they are insulted.
>>
File: 1454792802050.jpg (100 KB, 665x501) Image search: [Google]
1454792802050.jpg
100 KB, 665x501
>>27748395
They don't follow the rules, they think differently, they are a threat to every system.
>>
>>27748322

>they're not like us

Every conflict in human history ever.
>>
I don't know, maybe they irrationally hate things that aren't like them. Hence

>>27748389
>>
>>27748335
>leeching off the low-functioning autists' breakthroughs and sharing with the other loud retards in the game of favors is contributing to society

Loving every laugh to be honest relatives.
>>
Society isn't a person.
>>
>>27748537
It may as well be
>>
>>27748531
Nobody hates the productive introverts.
>>
File: 1417950413842.png (7 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1417950413842.png
7 KB, 288x499
>>27748322
>Why does society hate people who are quiet and introverted?
They usually have more developed critical thinking and point out problems in other people. Also they refrain themselves from unnecessary social interaction which other people (extroverts) perceive as unnatural. In this current instant gratification society extroverts are able to pull results much quicker than introverts.
>>
>>27748322
Most people are extroverted and so they don't understand introversion and associate it with the wrong mental states and emotions. They do this because extroverts are usually only quiet and withdrawn when they dislike somebody or think someone is beneath them or they're unhappy or nervous or angry and so on.
>>
File: 1299192478016.jpg (44 KB, 442x444) Image search: [Google]
1299192478016.jpg
44 KB, 442x444
Extroverts need constant validation, when you're quiet they assume you're either bored or angry with them.
>>
>>27748667
>Extroverts need constant validation
No, they don't. Why are you hating on extroverts?
>>
>>27748322
>quiet
feminine men? it's just awkward. we expect more.

>introverted
after that chick redefined this word everybody thinks they are introverted. you should be hated for irrational fears and what is probably carelessness if not laziness. just preferring alone time is as ordinary as preferring to get paid more.
>>
>>27748667
>Extroverts need constant validation
Not really, extroverts need constant stimulation because on the inside they lack stimuli. However introverts are overstimulated on the inside therefore they dont need additional outside sources.
>>
>>27748322
There's no hate.
Introverts just fail to stand out and impress or impose upon others.
You get fewer considerations from others because you're simply less memorable.

As for their relatively low success.
Consider synergy, the idea that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.
Two introverts of equal skill working apart will achieve less than two extroverts cooperating.
This can be significant enough to skew the value of skill below that of cooperation.
>>
People need an enemy. They need someone different from themselves. The simplest, easiest enemy is those just outside of your group. The outcasts don't have people to back them so they're easy to hate and pick on. Society can place themselves above and feel better, feel superior, feel right.

You do it with autists, bronies and other groups that you're comfortable hating and branding as the enemy. You can make yourself feel superior, boost your ego, by putting those people beneath you and shitting on them. Everyone does it.

It's part of the shitty side of human nature.
>>
>>27748778
>fail to stand out and impress or impose upon others.
because they are not loud?
>>
>>27748793
Actually yes.They can only do it indirectly,if they happen to be creative,yet still they get laughed at behind their backs.
>>
>>27748322
Society doesn't hate introverts. Some extroverts do. Even then, I'd say more introverts hate other introverts (and themselves).

Honestly, most extroverts I know don't give two shits about introverts, because why would they? We have enough stuff going on in our lives not to spend time "hating" on some quiet kid.

Take highschool for a silly example. Most normies will ignore the robot, only really rare ones will actually bully him.
>>
>>27748781
So introverts are basically jews? Being hated by the majority that feels superior to them, only to make them feel like victims but still superior until they get to the position of power when they start abusing others? Kek
>>
>>27748866
Well I agree so long as you acknowledge failure to impress doesn't necessary correlate to not having the ability to impress
There are many talented introverts
>>
They feel that said are angry or "holier than thou"

That said.

Why can't I be the sexual monk? how cool is that?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x407
Becuz we're freaks

Original
>>
>>27749007
I DON"T LIKE TO TALK. I HATE MYSELF. PLEASE CUT TO THE CASE>

Erry day.
>>
>>27748922
That's right, I'm saying we're all fucking idiots and everyone hates everyone.
>>
>>27748322
Society doesn't hate introverts it hates fucking weirdos and most weirdos tend to be introverted for whatever reason.
>>
>>27749062
I can honestly agree with that.
>>
>>27748322
i hate all the fucking normies
>>
>>27748322
People are usually quiet and introverted because they've been shunned by society. They've been shunned by society because they're usually of low social status (poor and ugly).
>>
>>27749159
>People are usually quiet and introverted because they've been shunned by society. They've been shunned by society because they're usually of low social status (poor and ugly).
Not really, introversion and extroversion comes from birth, not from physical features and social status.
>>
>>27749204
You would be suprised.
physical features and social status determinate behavior.
>>
>>27749240
>physical features and social status determinate behavior
I'm talking about newborn babies, not toddlers in kindergarden. You can already see who will be introvert and who extrovert that early. Even if you had physical features and social status you wouldnt be extrovert.
>>
>>27748716
Actually men are less verbal then women, it's not necessarily feminine to be introverted. Maybe shy and anxious but not quiet.
>>
>>27748667
This.

It's because quiet people creep them out because they want to know their thoughts but can't. So the quiet people are ostracised until they can conform.
>>
because extroverts thrive in our society of superficiality and can express their opinions more easily, making their perspective the accepted norm
>>
>>27748322
If you don't explicitly state your feelings, then a lot of the time normies will assume the worst. Like "Wow, anon just walked past me without saying anything. Does he think he's better than me or something?"
>>
>>27749407
>normies will assume the worst
How often does this happen? If i dont say to them anything everytime we meet?
>>
>>27749383
Just because you're an extrovert, doesn't mean you're superficial.

And society doesn't hate introverts, it hates people who don't contribute.

Stop strawmanning.
>>
My significant other is extremely quiet at all times, and at first it used to freak me out. He's taught me that silence doesn't have to be awkward and it's actually comfy when we can both sit on the couch and do our own thing (i.e. Read, study, etc). I will admit that in the beginning of our relationship I was constantly worried that I was boring him and that's why he was quiet.
>>
>>27749447
Extroversion is a form of superficiality because extroverts conform to the norm, traditionally
>>
>>27749448
Tits or get the fuck out.

or

You're a faggot so you don't count.
>>
>>27749434
It depends on the disposition of the person, eye contact with a smile usually does the truck.
>>
>>27749471
Introverts usually conform to the norm, as well. Nice non sequitur.
>>
>>27749358
Well it's mainly in the USA. In the chink land being extrovert = you're fucked
>>
>>27749483
You're proof that one can be an extrovert and still contribute nothing to society. Thanks bud!
>>
>>27749516
>a smile
I never ever smile, only half-ass smirk. People who smile with teeth are superficial to me.
>>
>>27749533
Implying you're a girl invalidates anything you say. You just want attention. Fuck off.
>>
>>27749569
Well sure if you go around giving everyone a big toothy grin when you see them they're gonna think you're high. Half-ass smirk is fine I guess
>>
>>27749302
do you mean "vocal," autist?

and i didn't say being introverted or quiet itself was feminine. i'm talking about men who are feminine and call themselves "quiet." just like men who are deceitful and entitled calling themselves nice guys.

quiet dudes aren't hated by anyone for being quiet. if you're boring then you won't make many friends, but r9k should rather be boring than express their retarded ideas and thoughts and actually end up being hated. the high school meme of "why are you quiet?" ends in high school and its just a nice way of asking what the fuck is wrong with you. quiet doesn't mean complete isolation or being scared/anxious to speak your mind.
>>
>>27748322
They don't if you are good looking, strong, intelligent or productive.
>>
>>27749622
Don't apologize. You were right the first time, quietness is feminine. Unless you're american, probably.
>>
>>27749653
in the way that robots do it, yeah. i have always been a guy who hardly says anything and people love having me around because i don't start drama or that i "listen" or whatever.

i just would never in my life call myself "quiet." i don't even think about it. i can have fun and open my mouth just fine without overthinking every word and stressing about what people think of me. there's a time and place to be more outgoing and literally everyone can be quiet as well. when i read someone say something completely mild and meaningless about themselves like "nice" "quiet" "awkward" etc i think they are massive retards, in this case just boys who are scared to grow up.
>>
File: hpbYCGT.png (2 MB, 1399x1226) Image search: [Google]
hpbYCGT.png
2 MB, 1399x1226
>>27748322

>Why does society hate people who are quiet and introverted?

because talking to a mute is like talking to a rock
>>
Maybe some people are just quiet/introverted because they're hated, and not the other way around?
>>
>>27749801
The only reason extroverts talk so much is because they constantly need validation from others. Im not strictly talking about needing pats on the head or someone to laugh at their jokes. But rather they need communication and eye contact to remind them that they exist and they are not alone. And introvert doesn't need constantly remind them-self that they exist. They know they exist.

Now your wondering why introverts are hated so much? They don't need validation from others. If there is an individual who deprives no pride or self-esteem from seemingly "selfish" actions like donating to charity or working a job they don't enjoy or fighting for a country that constantly made every attempt to crush your ego and passion during schooling that they forced you into. Then why would they co-operate? The introverts are the hardest ones to convince to vote for a political candidate. They are the most difficult to condition into sheep during their childhood. They are the hardest ones to convince to march into a battlefield. They are the most skeptical about new ideas.

Im an introvert myself. Ive had superiors at work speak to me about my "attitude". They say they don't like me because im so hard to approach (meaning they don't know if ill react negatively, positively or apathetic to whatever they want) but they can remove me because im not breaking an rules/regulations. Workplace or socially.
>>
>>27750169
can't remove me i meant to say.
>>
>>27748419
But the reason I'm being quiet is because they aren't talking to me
>>
>>27748429
Oh no, thats horrible
>>
File: 1458662565263.jpg (33 KB, 272x248) Image search: [Google]
1458662565263.jpg
33 KB, 272x248
>>27749653
>quietness is feminine
you've obviously never met a woman
>>
Because those people are probably about ready to snap. Humans are supposed to be social creatures. You can be introverted and OK, but the quiet loner usually have has an AK and a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot. Welcome to the world of weird.
>>
>>27750219
>undermining beta uprising
>>
>>27750221
You've obviously never met women, or men. Especially if they're both extroverted.
>>
>>27750261
said like a true extroverted normie
>>>/out/
>>
>>27750169
I think you're putting too much accent on the so called "seeking validation", as if it's a bad thing.
>>
>>27750362
You're wrong, asshole. I'm the guy who is about ready to snap.
>>
>tfw you're an introvert subhuman
I was I was extroverted and fun to be around
>>
Nobody hates introverts, come on. Most extroverts are too busy living their own lives to spend time "hating" on you. I guess you just wish you were hated because even that is better than being ignored...
>>
>>27750349
And you've really obviously never met women. Or maybe you have and they simply want nothing to do with you, so they clam up and cross their arms and shift their gaze; that doesn't mean that they are that women on the whole are "quiet" or that quietness is implicitly feminine.
>>
I literally heard this Chad faggot say that all introverts and quiet people should be killed off... And people wonder why introverts tend to stay inside
>>
>>27750538
Not that anon, but I agree with him that quietness is generally considered feminine. Not that most females are like that nowadays.

I don't know man, I'm an extrovert and I don't hate introverts, plenty of my friends would fit that category. What I do dislike is people who act high and mighty, basically pretentious pricks. They can be found in both categories though.
>>
>>27750413
Its not a bad thing. All im saying is extroverts get their validation from human interaction while introverts get it from other things like making a work of art or fixing and object they have fondness for. Im trying to point out when it comes to getting people to do something that benefits you or a collective its easier to get the extroverts to do it than it is to get the introverts to do it. This difficulty creates resentment. Ive also noticed when extroverts get angry that says something and the issue is resolved right there and then while and introvert will bottle it up and start being passive aggressive towards the offending party.
>>
>>27750575
>Chad says all introverts and quiet people should be killed off.
>You are too introverted and quiet to confront him

Man best joke today.
>>
>>27748322
They're just boring. It's not really hatred, just disinterest. Kids bully anything that's not like them though, especially weak targets who won't fight back. That's why quiet introverts are targeted more.
>>
>>27748642
^ this tbchmaif (to be completely honest my anonymous introverted family)
>>
>>27748367
>>27748335
>>27748389
Found the projecting wannabe Chads
>>
Sometimes it's anger in reaction to meeting a person who doesn't go around sucking everyone's dick for approval.

They see all the hoops you don't have to jump through because you refuse to suck that dick, and they feel cheated because they suck lots of dick.
>>
>>27748322

This is more pronounced in America than in other places, OP. Euros in general are culturally more introverted. As opposed to autistic.
>>
>>27750587
Maybe girls are quiet around you? But historically, and biologically, women gab. That's what they do. They are literally information gatherers and they are making exchanges. That's why they try to get to know a lot of people and have diverse social networks. Information is power and they can't manipulate someone into achieving whatever end they want for themselves without having dirt to throw on that person, or social leverage to make that person a pariah for noncompliance. It's still very much like this to this day. Who else believes that a woman with no injuries is regularly abused by her children's father, but the network of people she has lobbied to rally behind her via precedent, innocuous-seeming (really just relationship-farming) conversations? The more people she knows, the more she rallies to her cause, the more likely she is to achieve what she wants.

I mean writing it out seems absolutely retarded but just sit and observe, unless you get arrested for looking creepy (again, rallying her social allies to her aid to achieve her end).

You might look at quietness as feminine, but actual females are far from being quiet, so some part of the mix needs reconsideration.
>>
>>27748434

Too reductionist. That's part of it, but not the whole thing. You're thinking in terms of high school cliques.

The other part is access to resources - land, food, water, sexual access, etc. Which are fundamentally different concerns than "hurr those guys look different". Basic needs.

So while you were only thinking of high school problems, you failed to include the simpler, /elementary school/-tier problems that also motivate people to fight.
>>
File: 1444414537494.jpg (69 KB, 365x404) Image search: [Google]
1444414537494.jpg
69 KB, 365x404
Trying to pinpoint faults in broad personalities like and introverted and extroverted is so pointless. There could be Thousands of reasons as to why people are introverted. From my personal experience most of them, just don't want to waste their time with pointless friendships and small talk until they are with someone that they are comfortable around and can relate to. Until then they start to become extroverted.

And again, there are thousands of reasons why someone doesn't feel comfortable around the average person. Social anxiety, trauma, low self esteem etc.

Personally i'm introverted in general but extroverted around my friends. And only in rare situations extroverted in large groups. Usually i am terrified of what people will think when i voice my opinion. That's why i'm on an anonymous image board
>>
File: 1432252274154.jpg (33 KB, 651x512) Image search: [Google]
1432252274154.jpg
33 KB, 651x512
outsiders are always shunned by society

im usually quiet and introverted in large social gatherings or with people i don't know or am not used to being around

its mostly because i don't want them to have the wrong impression of me because most people judge you on first impression

but when im with people i know very well im generally very extraverted and friendly
>>
>>27750793
Access to resources for whom?

> 'people just like us of course'.

IDIOT.
>>
A lot of attractive people are also naturally quiet/introverted but they get so much positive feedback from people who go out of their way to start convos with them, laugh at anything they say, validate all their thoughts that they eventually become social
>>
People are afraid of what you're thinking inside your head, they think you're silently judging them (which we most likely are, I know I am). They need constant validation from their peers and they NEED to know what you think about them 24/7.
>>
Society hates MEN who are quiet and intorverted. They're "creepy" and suspicious.

Women who are quiet and introverted are "shy" and "mysterious."
>>
>>27751343
Some people just don't give a shit if they aren't insecure
>>
>>27751449
Wwhat the hell happened to you to associate not talking with suspicious
>>
>>27750743
In Europe we assume others don't want to be bothered, in America they assume others want to be included
>>
>>27751449
>Society hates MEN who are quiet and intorverted. They're "creepy" and suspicious.

Correction: They hate ugly men who are quiet and introverted.

A quiet and introverted handsome/tall/athletic guy is just "chill" or "mysterious" or "brooding"

A quiet introverted beta guy is creepy, weird, etc.
>>
>>27751503
Really, I hate those kind of expectations. They're still approachable though right? Europe seems to have so many hot, kinky girls. I want to spend lots of money in your country.
>>
>>27751503
I'm Canadian but my dad a Slav I think (Zuberovic?), whilst the rest of my family are Western-Euro. That is to say, this really describes me. I don't want to bother other people.

Maybe this is where I got it from.
>>
>>27751531
Fucking this
And for good reason too. A creepy beta is a lot more likely to be dangerous than someone who looks like they can get pussy at will.
>>
>>27751619
No, you just overestimate the capacity for violencr (?) that a timid person is capable of.

Just sit in that for a moment. You, with no qualifying, premeditated reasoning, believe a timid person will snap and wild out.

What you should worry about are the introverts that get observably bullied and abused REGULARLY, not someone who just sits and is quiet by themselves without interference.
>>
>>27751729
That's not necessarily true. I don't get bullied but I hate life, everything and everyone. I doubt it will be very long before I open fire, to be honest. It's mental illness, not bullying, that pushes people over the edge. Bullying just makes it happen faster. It's amazing I still have clarity enough to see that, but introverts are more likely to be violent and people know it. That's part of why you feel marginalized and want to murder them all. It's not bullying that does it. It's being the outsider, the one who is unlike the others.
>>
>>27752481
I am an intro and I don't feel marginalized. As a matter of fact I'm happy to not take part in retarded normie games. But I'm also not mad at the world like you are, I'm quite happy
>>
>>27748322

Communities aren't based off of unity, they're based off of mutual hatred of some other group of people.
>>
>>27748322

We are a naturally social species.

Introversion is not normal for us.
>>
>>27748322
Since they have no friends they're easy to bully.
>>
>>27753157
If introversion was abnormal, it wouldn't be as common as it is.
>>
>>27753418
It is as much of an aberration as short sightedness.
>>
>>27748322
Because most people are extroverts and/or sensors which essentially means they are mental midgets.
>>
>>27753418
>like to have the lights off in my office
>literally everyone who walks in has to comment on how dark it is

>I want to get my work done
>people want to stay and talk when i'm unable to leave
>literally trapped to complain about how shitty their lives are

>just got food delivered
>entertain someone for a few minutes (listen to them bitch)
>ask him if he minds, gesturing at my sandwich
>he says no he doesn't mind and continues talking to me
>ask him if he'd please excuse me because I don't want to talk while eating
>scoffs at me and gives me a disgusted face

I'm leaving this job though, cannot fucking wait family.
>>
>>27751265

Your caps betray your own buttfrustration. You, whether you're the same poster or a second who unfortunately (because incorrectly) happens to agree with the first, are still and obviously mistaken in trying to reduce the access-to-resources bit, to the in-group logic bit. They are both clearly distinct categories which yet both motivate people to fight, and while co-mingling, obviously conflate in human psychology. You have incorrectly suggested that this obvious conflation, which you've partially correctly stated, means that the one (physiological needs) can be wholly reduced to and explained in terms of the other (psychological needs). This is false. When things get rough enough, the two separate, the reptilian hind brain comes forward, and the distinctions and irreducibility of the two become even more obvious. Brothers fight all the time; fratricide is a thing.
>>
File: 1440567866863.png (189 KB, 639x517) Image search: [Google]
1440567866863.png
189 KB, 639x517
>>27748322
Girls apparently love introverts though.
>>
File: 1444447070164.png (78 KB, 258x204) Image search: [Google]
1444447070164.png
78 KB, 258x204
>mfw been called arrogant multiple times just because I'm quiet
>>
>>27748322
Because it's different. People will always hate what is different. Abberations can be extremely dangerous.
>>
>>27748322
Most people are retarded.
>>
>>27750349
If they are both extroverted, then how would you come to the conclusion that quietness is feminine?

Fuck, women seem to hate introverts (male and female) way more than men. Only few men get upset when someone is not talking to them. In my experience, said men get emotional as fuck over it like an entitled princess who is not getting attention. Fuck, one tried to fire me from my job for it and the manager (a natural extroverted comedian) just laughed it off. That extreme extroversion I would call more feminine than quietness.

As for women, most of them support most of the negative connotations concerning quiet people. It makes them feel slighted, and depending on their temperament their response can range from mild annoyance to going off the rails.
>>
>>27755011

They will love introverts as long as they meet the physical standards desired and earning enough to provide security.
>>
>>27750770
>biologically
ebin tipped** fedora

>literally information gatherers
10/10!

nothing you said even had a point. you're just saying that feminists are speaking the truth about how empowered they are for opening their loud mouths. except those feminists usually argue that they want to be more like men when they do it, at least treated like men. the fuck are you trying to say? you rambled about injuries and rallies you fucking clown. being quiet implies reserved, passive characteristics, not totally being mute. if a woman starts biostansticologically GABBING and whining, that's childish, not feminine. some dude who is crying isn't being masculine, but everyone will cry once in a while. it's when you make a habit of being too scared or anxious to talk or you cry all the time that you become a pussy ass bitch.
>>
>>27750439
>>27750439
then don't project onto us non-violent, secure and mentally stable intoverts
youre an extrovert that was ostracized you stupid fuck
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.