[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you wish you could leave everything behind and just be free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: 1455722098514.jpg (105 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
1455722098514.jpg
105 KB, 750x400
Do you wish you could leave everything behind and just be free? Any plans for it?
>>
File: 20160407_171858.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160407_171858.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>27747649
FUCKKK I forgot to take m6 meds last night and I'm losing my goddamn mind right now help
>>
>>27747649

I gots love for people who hitch but I'm too proud to beg others for money or rides. 4chan has reminded me how many evil people exist in the world. I don't have any plans but if I did, I definitely wouldn't tell anyone anything about it. I would leave my cell phone, accounts, Id behind. just poof, go anon, irl
>>
>>27747716
what's the problem m8
>>
I've been thinking about doing that. Eather that or suicide although to be honest i'm not sure if it's just a delusional fantazie
>>
>>27747779
why do you want to do it?
>>
>>27747649
Giving up mass materialism is always on my mind.

Escaping home would cleanse me.
>>
As a kid maybe.

Sleeping outside gets old before the first night is over though.
>>
>>27747818
Then why haven't you gave up while you're at home?
>>
>>27747841
I'm not necessarily talking about living outdoors. Just leaving your current life behind.
>>
>>27747750
There are people outside my house waiting dorm me they're waiting 5o get the opportunity to break in and abduct me
>>
File: 1457544826922.jpg (578 KB, 1800x1196) Image search: [Google]
1457544826922.jpg
578 KB, 1800x1196
/r9k/ needs more hobo threads IMO

>you will never build your own house innawoods
>>
>>27747649
Fuck no, I want to be closer to others not farther.
>>
>>27747929
Why not get a tent at first, if you find it so appealing?
>>
Been there, done that.

It won't cure your depression, it wont give a meaning to your life. And if you're an ugly basement dweller dont expect to hitch any rides.

When I was 17 I spent a month on the road, been all over europe. It was summer so the occasional sleeping outside in the tent didnt bother me that much. And most of the times Id just get invited to peoples houses for the night. I didnt get anything out of it besides the typical normie experience; some people are generally nice, some are not.
>>
>>27747649
I've always pondered joining the military and not telling my family shit, or moving to the next town over and sever contact

But I love my mom too much and owe her to do well and keep in touch after all she's done for me.

One recurring daydream though has been to do this
http://www.moc.noaa.gov/shipjobs/
Work on a boat for 9 months of the year and just do what the fuck I want for the other 3.
>>
>>27747979
Why did you have to spend a month on the road? How did it pan out?
>>
I wouldn't hitch-hike, things can get awkward and uncomfortable fast.
>>
>>27747716
>that camera resolution
>a fucking parrot?

man get real
>>
>>27747803
I don't know man i just feel like i've fucked up my life too much to be able to fix. I'm an embarrassment to my family i can no longer relate to people i've known all my life because i'm so weird and autistic. Sometimes i feel as if desappearing would be the best thing i could do for myself and the people i care about
>>
>>27748019
what if you severed contact and got back in touch after a few years/months? Why not?
>>
>>27747779
>bring gun
>if hitch hiking isn't fun kill yourself
>>
truck stops are the Truth
>>
>>27748101
I am similar. How did you fucked up your life?
>>
>>27748119
I'm working a shitty job at a movie theater right now, don't have the means to pack it up and move on.
Been looking for auxiliary sources of income for a while, used college textbooks sourced from Goodwill seems promising. May make a $200~ return on a $35 investment.

But yeah, I would probably talk to my family again after awhile if I moved.
>>
>>27748137
Failing uni second time round. Blowing away thousands of euros that could be used to pay off family dept. Slowly loosing contact with my few remaining friends because i never leave my room whenever i go back home. People no longer like me because i'm to weird to deal with
>>
>>27747649
no.
i need vidya and internet.
>>
>>27747979
Yeah pretty much, I tried the whole 'live by your shoestrings' thing and it isn't as romantic as people believe. You're just trading one set of problems for another. Although I did really like having tons of free time and you do meet some interesting people, you still gotta chase money and more often than not people give you shit for being competent while homeless (get a job, support society you ingrate etc). I just wound up moving back in with my parents, I grew more thankful for them after that. Saving my money, looking at some certifications, life's alright.

Honestly hiking along the appalachain trail is just as fun, without having to deal with shitty people on their shitty commutes to their shitty jobs. I'd recommend that for anyone wanting to try out the whole vagabond thing. It is pretty relaxing to just sit in the woods for days on end not having to answer to anyone.
>>
Yes, I wish and have plans to be free.
I won't be a hobo, I won't exist on the handouts or niceties of others, but I'm a shut-in making decent money(80k/yr), and my plan is to save enough to be able to live off my savings, >25x yearly expenses. I just don't know what the yearly expenses would actually be when rubber meets the road, or where my base-camp trailer/house might be located.

But I'll make it. I'll probably hit 200k net worth within this next year. ~300k by ~2019.

What happens afterwards? I don't know, but I know I won't have to bow and scrape to anybody to find out. Maybe I'll spend my days in a library. Maybe I'll do Dive Master and get a low-paying lifestyle job that I enjoy that pays for itself.

I don't fucking care. I just want to know that I don't have <40 hours before I have to be back at work, I could spend a month in a location, and a month after that, and so on if I want.
>>
>>27748371

What about the skinwalkers? Outdoors is spooky esp alone. People get abducted by aliens out there
>>
>>27748398

What do you do for work anon? Watch out for the jump out boys.
>>
I do, I planned it for months and maybe did it for 5 days. I was technically homeless because I quit wagecuckery at mcdonalds, couldn't afford rent at my apartment so ended the lease contract, and set off on my own

you get tired of it when you walk along the side of a highway for 16 hours. or when you keep walking well into the night just to find a nice spot you can sleep that isn't going to get you thrown out (abandoned buildings generally)

I did this because I was severely depressed at the time. I hated everything and just wanted to escape and run from it all. but that life is shit. it's much more comfy in your room, the problem is that you have to pay for it

desu, I would be up for it if I just had so much money I could just go from hotel to hotel, city to city, country to country. but that's not what you mean by leave everything behind I assume
>>
I've done it and I think it's worth the time spent on it. Basically, my advice is to make as much as you can, spend very little, and make your money grow.

Once you have a small income outside of your job, it'll grow more and more quickly through compounding.
>>
>>27747929
this picture reminds me heavily of something someone made for a mod in oblivion

I have to wonder if they took inspiration from a real world location now
>>
>>27747649

Still waiting for my no limit neetbux card to arrive
>>
File: bunny suits.jpg (223 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
bunny suits.jpg
223 KB, 1600x1200
>>27748523
Navy veteran, semiconductor technician. I wear these.
>>
>>27747649
I would love that more than anything else in the world. Unfortunately my father is disabled and my mom is a prescription pill addict, and I just can't leave them. They literally can not exist without me.

I have plans right now that could happen if I wanted to leave. I have a dream location and someone so very wonderful I'd love to be with there. I have my entire life savings and I'm willing to risk it all at my one shot of finally being happy.

I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>27748633
Dude, your parents are NOT your problem. You need to make things happen for yourself. You'll regret not using this time productively.
>>
>tfw no car, license, or money
>tfw can't start a new life without them
>>
>>27748650
That's what my therapist tells me, time and time again. How do I just abandon the people who adopted me and literally gave me the best life they could? The guilt is so overwhelming.
>>
>>27748678
You just do, anon.

"Mom, Dad, it's time to make my own way in life and get out of your hair! I'll call when I have my new place!".

Then... you never call.
>>
>>27747649
Sure. But I've just begun a career in the army (as an officer). Haven't had a holiday in about 2 years. Really desperate to be free for a while and travel. The army can be stifling.
>>
Often. I've fucked my life beyond the point of repair, and the efforts to repair it just infuriate me. I want to just go. I only have like $4000 though, so I wouldn't get far. Might go WOOFing or something. I want to kill myself extremely badly, but I've realized I can't because I don't want to hurt my mother. Stuck in this shitfest for a while longer. Can't even do most drugs because I'm in fucking rehab, and can't find the kind of drugs I can do because the only things which are easy to find are weed and heroin.

If anyone in Brattleboro, Vermont knows where I could find some goddamn benzodiazepines or anything that wouldn't show up on a piss test while still having actual effects, it would be much appreciated. I can't even buy drugs online because my family would notice. And fuck you mods if you have a problem with that.
>>
>Wageslave living with parents at 26
>30k in savings in bank
>Shit job so even with awesome savings could only just get mortgage
>Not sure what to do so just keep saving

I suppose as soon as I have a non-shit job I can move out but I'm not that motivated to get one.
Also it seems much harder to break into the world of "real jobs" than just standard issue wageslavery.

Maybe I'm too comfortable.
I probably just need to work a little bit harder.
>>
>>27748908
Honestly, buy a used van, stick a bed in there, pack your shit and drive to nowhere with no goal in mind. I met my wife and tonnes of friends (only some of which I lost contact with) through doing that exact thing for just under 3 years with less than half of your budget. Best years of my life.
So many stories.
>>
>>27747649
I used to sleep everyday on benches between classes at uni. I loved it tbqh. I would sometimes think that I could probably be a hobo. I don't mind solitude and I don't mind plain/bad food. The main issue is that I do not enjoy asking people for things.

I remember there used to be a train hopping anon on r9k that would provide updates on his life whenever he got internet access. It has been a while since I noticed him. I hope he is OK.
>>
>>27749372
Would you ever consider being a hobo somewhere in East Europe? I'm here and about to become one. I'd like someone to come with me just so I'm not alone. I have some savings.
>>
>>27749432
You'll meet people out there. Don't be a puss and wait for someonw to come to you.
>>
>>27749513
Yeah but it's a lot better when you have a partner to begin with.
>>
>>27749559
And you're saying this out of what experience? I did it for years, I never had a partner - I met the woman who turned out to be my travel partner at a hostel and we're married now.
>>
>>27749432
>being a hobo in a commie satellite state
I don't want to die, anon.

I'd only consider a us city next to suburbs or a scandanvian city or faroe island. I heard from scandanvian anons that they treat their hobos fairly well. But that was nearly 2 years ago. Attitudes could have changed
>>
There's nothing I want more in the world than to be free and explore. Train hop, etc. But it's too late for me. Wife and kids and responsibilities.
>>
>>27747649
i think about running away a lot.
>>
File: coffee wojak.jpg (36 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
coffee wojak.jpg
36 KB, 680x765
>have about 50k in the bank
>fantasize about somehow becoming self-sufficient alone somewhere
>know it would never work
>>
>>27747649
Moving into my own cabin in the woods this summer. Cya faggot society. Gonna live out my life there
>>
everyone in this thread stop what you're doing and watch "into the wild" right now. I fucking cry whenever I see this movie. I get that its romantascized (sorry for spelling) but there's nothing i want more than to just up and go
>>
>>27749614
The experience of insecurity. I'm afraid of being alone because I've been so for most of my life. I want someone to at least have my back.

>>27749619
We're only going to be hobos for a week or two until I find a place to stay, and that's if I don't find it beforehand. I have 2 weeks until I'm gonna leave home. The country I'm in is very safe and not commie.
>>
>>27749741
you mean the movie where the schizophrenic guy gets himself killed?

jesus bro
>>
>>27749701
Come to Eastern Europe my man. I can find us a house.
>>
>>27749741
I tried to watch that film and I completely sympathised with the character but I honestly found it incredibely boring-it seems to take forever to say the same thing over and over. I can appreciate that that's sort of the point (by being directionless and care-free) but I just couldn't watch the whole thing. Then again maybe I was just in a shallow mind-set while watching it.
>>
>>27748586
yours? you mean mine.
>>
Currently vagabonding round the states. Been doing it for years. AMA robots I guess.
>>
>>27747649
No I love my country too much.

My attitude is mostly forged out of desire to emulate my grandfather, a war hero.

To meet and exceed his greatness I need to be part of the system.
>>
File: 1460205350601.jpg (129 KB, 615x914) Image search: [Google]
1460205350601.jpg
129 KB, 615x914
Definitely. becoming a hobo is one of my favorite autist fantasies. And i'm thinking about doing it
>>
File: jim.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jim.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
I have $75k in the bank and everything paid off. Leaving my job soon and moving across the country from the East Coast to Colorado for legal marijuana.

The goal is to get a completely remote gig. I'm a programmer with a degree and decent experience.

I'm never dating, getting married, or having children, and I'm extremely frugal, so my living expenses are very low. Most positions in this field pay far more than I need. I don't like people and don't really have a social life to speak of. For entertainment I do some hobbyist programming and play computer games, the former is free and the latter cost next to nothing.
>>
File: 1450155309907.jpg (53 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
1450155309907.jpg
53 KB, 512x368
>>27747649
Every day of my life. My fantasies are unrealistic bullshit though. Besides that I'm too much of a pussy to drop everything and dissapear.
>>
I've wanted to do it for years.
You don't even have to go too extreme with it. I've always wanted to just backpack around the US taking buses and trains from place to place. It would probably be pretty cheap too.
But I don't know what I'd do in all these places. From what I can tell, other people who travel solo like meeting people in all these places, but I'm too awkward to do that, so it would just end up being me going to a bunch of places and walking around, which would get old.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.