[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I'm studying and am just on the verge of understanding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: brain.jpg (76 KB, 736x521) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
76 KB, 736x521
Whenever I'm studying and am just on the verge of understanding a new topic, it feels like my brain suddenly gets nervous, gives up all of a sudden and demands I do something fun (i.e. 4chan). I've had this problem for the past 3-4 years of my life. Why the fuck does this happen? What's wrong with me?
>>
>>27735521
And does anyone else experience something similar?
>>
>>27735521
>my brain wants to do something fun instead of working
Yeah, like pretty much everybody. If I set a goal (to work for an hour straight) and break it, I'm not going to blame my brain though, that's on me.
>>
>>27736213

Your brain makes all your decisions you retard.
>>
>>27736497
don't call him that
>>
Probably the amount of overstimulation in the modern world has fucked your attention span

I've heard it said it's good to just acknowledge the feelings of distractedness, don't judge them, and just gently pull yourself back to the task at hand. The goal is to break the distraction/avoidance habit by strengthening the neural pathway for focusing on the task at hand and in the process weaken the pathway you've strengthened for procrastination

Meditation helps with focus, and if you do a few minutes each day and can stick with it and not beat yourself up over getting distracted during it you'll eventually get better at it, be able to meditate for longer and not have to worry getting distracted so much, thus seeing results
>>
>>27736674
Thanks man, I'm not OP but I will take this advice.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.