[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else seeing their male 20-something friends starting to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 16
File: rL0ivxQ.png (121 KB, 308x311) Image search: [Google]
rL0ivxQ.png
121 KB, 308x311
Anyone else seeing their male 20-something friends starting to lose it from this generation's cumulative lack of purpose in life?
>>
Give me one good reason to do anything else in life other than partaking in hobbies and making money for said hobbies
>>
>>27735260
People seem pretty fucking distressed in general, yes.
>>
>tfw you are a 26 year old male with no real purpose in life
>>
>>27735260
Give examples, preferably in greentext form.
>>
I'm just waiting till we all go into space and become fat neets like in Wall E.
>>
I really want to join the military, but there's not even a noble purpose in that at the moment.
>>
>>27735611
>implying there ever was a noble purpose for it
>>
>>27735260
>purpose in life

Most generations do not a have a collective purpose.

The last generation with a collective purpose was the early baby boomers who did the whole sexual revolution/fight commies

Our generation is an "idle generation" waiting to be called into action. Life is good mane.
>>
>>27735630
Yes there was, faggot. Fighting for your land and people is noble. But now it's all about strategic suppression of sand-niggers. There's nothing noble about that. They're not even a threat as long as they're not in your country.
>>
>>27735260
>friends
I don't know this feel.
>>
>>27735547
Eh, too lazy, one doesn't realize he isn't a teenager anymore and does a bunch of stupid shit out of boredom with his shitty friends, he's currently in jail for lighting a bush on private property on fire. Another is training to be MP and his moods fluctuate constantly, now unlike before, he's signing up for special forces to deploy in Iraq because he has no idea what else to do with his life.
>>
All of my male 20 something friends just spend all their time smoking weed and playing videogames, living paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>27735710
Name one american war that was about protecting the country and not trying to take something from someone else
>>
>>27735746
I blame baby boomers to be honest
>>
>>27735773
the revolutionary war
>>
File: 1452461038889.jpg (170 KB, 736x498) Image search: [Google]
1452461038889.jpg
170 KB, 736x498
in this timeline happiness is inconceivable
>>
>>27735773
The Revolutionary War, WW2, one could argue the Civil War on both sides

But that's not even the point. War isn't an American invention, idiot
>>
>>27735509
Women aren't as likely to go postal though, unless it's against someone specific.
>>
>>27735824
>Was isn't an American invention

nope, but it is a tradition!
>>
>>27735260
Happens to every generation. Something like half of the people you knew in high school will be dead or in prison by age 30. It's pretty scary.
>>
>>27735710
USA's wars have never been noble.

They waited until the very end of WW2 to come in and look like badasses once all the work was done for them.

They went into Vietnamto to help out their Frenchy allies in keeping their colony.

Anything that has anything to do with middle east was never done for the reasons we were led to believe it's being done.

Destabilizing other governments for monetary gain isn't noble.

The anon who said that soldiers are pawns in someone else's expensive game is on fleek.
>>
>>27735802
>>27735824
>revolutionary war
>taking land that took it from someone else
>ww2
>look at all the little colonies we can set up and occupy this other country

War is a selfish means to an end, like a lot of things, thinking it's noble is being delusional
>>
>>27735260
>friends
Good one.

I am losing it though. If the air force doesn't straighten me out I'm boned.
>>
>>27735710
>noble wars
top kekaroo

Go to war for glory, anything else will leave you disappointed.
>>
>>27735875
> end
The germans were still in control of north Africa and most of west Europe when america got involved, the US expedited the process
>>
File: 1458842979585.jpg (21 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1458842979585.jpg
21 KB, 412x351
>>27735260
>tfw you can't lie to yourself
>you can't reason why anyone would want to live a hollow life
>working a job you hate
>with people you can't stand
>all so you can enjoy your money on the weekends

I know I'm being a autist but Jesus Christ, nobody can even tell me a reason why they would want to do it. People just do it simply because that's the way it is.
>>
>>27735960
By the time America entered the war, both sides were weakened so while Germany was in control of Africa, another modern military that wasn't subject to years of previous war would seem like a superhero by comparison.

As for Europe, America was absolutely necessary to the war effort in general and directly as a force in Europe, no argument there. However, America was a master of propaganda in WWII, they produced 10 times more film propaganda of the war than all the other countries combined. This was probably a good thing during the time but nowadays its necessary to distinguish the illusions about how heroic and great America was vs. what actually happened. Also, in Italy, other countries, namely Canada as an example, would take the most heavily defended territory while the American forces would essentially run supply lines and fight minor skirmishes. Then, when all the Germans were fleeing the Italian cities because they had no supporting units left (as they were beaten by other countries), the Americans would step in and say 'its ok, we can take care of liberating this city' even though the city was deserted. They would do this so that they could be the ones who liberated the city and get the praise. A lot of the work the Americans did is overstated. That isn't to say they didn't do a lot because they certainly did a shit ton but its often quite overstated.
>>
>>27735875
>>27736299
They should have dropped more nukes on Japan and maybe they wouldn't have started weebing with 2ch, then there'd be no 4chan, then we'd all have lives.
>>
>>27735710
>as long as they're not in your country
The government is busy importing as many as possible.
Plus the military is packed to the rafters with niggers, queers, and women these days.
>>
>>27736299
>implying nazi victory wouldn't have been better
>>
>>27735824
>WW2
Sort of. They entered the war because the Germans were starting to sink US merchant ships taking supplies to England as well as US warships. The other reason is for revenge for Pearl Harbor. These aren't really too heroic reasons but valid nonetheless.

>Revolutionary War
Meh... Sort of but they would not have begun that war if the French were not there to basically fight the war for them. If you didn't know because they don't teach you this in school in America, the French did, in fact, fight the majority of the war. There were more French (and some Spanish) soldiers fighting the Revolutionary war than American soldiers. The US only had a fourth of the ships used against the British. Also the forces fighting with America outnumbered the forces fighting for Great Britain by quite a lot. Look it up on wiki I guess if you think that the notion of America heroically rising up against a more powerful oppressor single-handedly being false is unthinkable. So my point here isn't that the war wasn't noble but rather that America wasn't as heroic and involved and shit that the notion of them fighting a "noble" war implies.

However, one war America did fight for noble purposes was WW1. I can't believe nobody has mentioned this. Woodrow Wilson was the only member of the representatives that made the Treaty of Versailles that actually didn't have the soul purpose of slanting the treaty to acquire territory for themselves or to take revenge on Germany by crippling it. Good on America for that, what the fuck happened since then though.
>>
File: 1459900157919.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1459900157919.gif
494 KB, 387x305
>lack of purpose in life

good, let those who are feeble-minded enough to need a "purpose" in order to live sort themselves out.
>>
>>27736408
If only history was different.
>>
>>27736673
Fuck you smug wizard jizz licker
>>
File: 0158 - kXV3i3O.png (191 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
0158 - kXV3i3O.png
191 KB, 501x600
> 26 kv always robot didnt do anything but get high and neet after high school.
> feel some desperate need to connect lately
> cant even get a girl to meet me on online dating

im about done
>>
File: fatpeople.png (208 KB, 1128x515) Image search: [Google]
fatpeople.png
208 KB, 1128x515
>>27737271
They're either joking or mankind has fallen farther than I ever thought possible.
>>
>>27737271
This is a non-image that produces a non-thought. I don't even know what to think about it other than "yes, this exists." I've been mindbroken by reality.
>>
>>27735260
I know a really cute robot I think he is 28 and he has completely given up on life. It makes me sad because he is really good looking but he refuses to get a job or anything.
>>
>>27737361
Why should he get a job? What motivation does a man have? Most men aren't motivated by their survival alone, they have to have something else. What is that thing?
>>
File: 1.jpg (33 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33 KB, 480x270
>>27735547
Not OP but
>be 19
>coworker is 26
>good looking dude, 6ft male model/actor etc
>has no gf
>tells me in private he's losing his shit over it
>cant seem to understand why
>hates his job
>angry outbursts all the time
>cant find anything to do in his spare time
>both of us quit around the same time and stayed friends

I feel like that's where I'm going to be at 26 and it scares me
>>
>>27735260
I don't know, one of them is a turbo normie who is going to get married soon and has a good job, so he's doing fine.
The rest don't do anything besides studying, working, playing videogames and watching anime though, but it's not like my friends are the most normal people around.
>>
>>27737383
I tried to tell him I would be his GF if he got a job and stuff. Because I would really like to be his GF he is super hot but he still refused. That might sound shallow but I cant date anyone who has literally no income at all.
>>
>>27737361
>>27737501
>It makes me sad because he is really good looking
Of course you wouldn't be sad otherwise.

>I would really like to be his GF he is super hot
No shit.

>I cant date anyone who has literally no income
Fucking roastie. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>27736609
>implying fdr didn't do pearl harbor
>>
>>27737551
whatever. Im not asking that he makes 6 figures. even if he worked minimum wage that would be fine.
>>
>>27737610
So basically you see an attractive guy, but because you can't extract resources from him you think "what a waste". The only choice you're making is whether his genetic material is worth the financial risk, and you've decided it isn't. At no point does his personality come into play.

Stay away from that man, he doesn't need a whore bothering him.
>>
>>27737610
You literally do not deserve him
>I'll b your gf if you get a job
Do you have any idea how that sounds, my god commit suicide
>>
Are you fucking kidding me?

Get the fuck out there and do what you want to do.

I'm studying unmanned aerial engineering off a bucketlist of shit to do before I off myself. Turns out inventing technology to make shit like Gundams real makes me not want to die

Hit Bottom
>>
>>27737610
>get rejected by a good looking NEET
>he's enjoying life and freedom so much that a cunt like you would only make it worse
>and *you* feel bad for him?
Ahahahahaha fuck
How's it feel roastie
>>
No friends but I'm really feeling it

My reason for living was the idea that I would have a family someday. Now that seems out of the question. I don't know what I'm working toward in life. It seems like there's no motivation to do anything.

If you look at the number of NEETs in the west I'd say most people feel that way.
>>
>>27737666
>>27737681
So what do you want me to do? Adopt a 28 year old Son and work extra hard so I can support him and myself? Or maybe you would like if I moved in with him in his Mom and Dad's house.

If I have a BF we'll be teammates too. its just how life is, money is needed if you want to do stuff.
>>
>>27737760
>So what do you want me to do? Adopt a 28 year old Son and work extra hard so I can support him and myself?
What's wrong with that? Men do it for women all the time. Is equality too hard for you, sweetie?
>>
File: 1383088500745.png (113 KB, 241x255) Image search: [Google]
1383088500745.png
113 KB, 241x255
>>27737760
Are all housewives just middle-aged daughters to you?
>>
File: 1441399362193.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
1441399362193.gif
47 KB, 306x469
>having purpose

Get out you fucking normie
>>
>>27737814
Not her, but men and women have different roles in society, you may not like it, but it's reality, the man is the one expected to bring the bread home.
Of course there are exceptions, but they're rare.
>>
>>27737760
Welcome to equality bitch, men have been taking care of "28 yr old daughters" for all of humankind
>>
>>27737850
>Not her, but men and women have different roles in society
NOT ANYMORE!
IT'S 2016!
>>
>>27737850
OH MY GOD ITS THE CURRENT YEAR SHITLORD GENDER ROLES DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
>>
>>27737814
>>27737821
>>27737868
I'm not asking to be taken care of though. it should be a team effort like I said. I mean if I was lucky and born into a rich family I would love to support him and service his cock but I cant afford that.
>>
Definitely, I was put in a group of Chads at Uni the other day and was surprised how similar they were to /r9k/ - just a much more high achieving, confident version really

>Chads laughing that all most young girls are is good for sex yet it hitting them that all the women they fuck are absolutely useless long term partners/mothers, plagued with personality disorders and used up and how hard it will be to actually find a decent girl to grow old with
>Chads talking about how little free speech there is anymore and how Stacie and the crew is cracking down on their "with-the-boys" are no longer acceptable, neither is anything that doesn't support the status quo
>Chads realizing what their fathers could buy with a high schoop drop out wage compared to their future college educated wage

chads and betas alike are waking up to 2016
>>
>>27737935
Why should he want to team up with you? What do you bring to the table other than a pussy? What's so great about you? You're talking about this situation like you're the one in charge, but it's obvious that he doesn't even want you to be his GF.
>>
>>27737935
What can't he just use his parents money like he is now? Why would you assume he wants your money at all
>>
>>27737976
This, he doesn't even want you in the first place, he literally decided that he'd rather chill at home than date you, it's not because he's sad or depressed or whatever, it's because he doesn't like you
>>
Your career is a purpose. Maybe youre not as smart as Elon Musk but of you find something challenging and rewarding you can look forward to each day. Try not being a worthless piece of shit.
>>
>graduate high school
>go to small college for one year
>get good grades, go out some, seem okay on the surface
>can't take it so I completely withdraw socially at college
>transfer back home
>drive pick-ups for a construction company for a few months
>gain lots of weight, contemplate breaking my own arm to get out of work almost constantly
>stop drinking, smoking weed, and loose a lot of weight
>become completely socially withdrawn
>go to community college
>just sort of exist, speaking to nobody but family unless spoken to
>have no real asperations, just fear of working a job I hate for my entire life
I don't understand why we don't all kill ourselves but I'm not sure why we should either

I really wish the apocalypse would happen or something
>>
File: 1460044867835.jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1460044867835.jpg
63 KB, 800x600
>>27738059
Sorry boss I'll really put my back into washing the dishes tomorrow maybe that will give my life some meaning.
>>
File: dubs.jpg (20 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
20 KB, 400x388
>>27737942
holy shit are the chads joining us? have we memed them or something?

this will shift the paradigm so much that i don't even know what will happen.... actually teh niggers will probably just swoop in and breed them all emasculated white men aren't cutting it.

/pol/ was right again.
>>
>>27737976
>>27738007
>>27738032
Well the person I responded to originally asked what his motivation would be. I thought that maybe a GF could motivate him.

I dont think he doesnt like me. he always asks me to go on cam and send him dirty pictures and compliments my body and all of that.

I dont really know what his deal is, but it just seems like really severe depression.
>>
>>27738059
Thats not a meaning

Thats just something to do and has no more value than doing nothing or suicide
>>
>>27735541
>mfw you're me.
>>
>>27735260
Yup.
Nihilism is one hell of a drug.
>>
File: 1.jpg (48 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
48 KB, 500x340
>>27738059
Worthless to who? A society that doesn't give a shit about me? Not trying to sound edgy but you know it's true, I couldn't give a fuck less about some neet sitting at home playing vidya all day just like I couldn't give a shit less about all the poor idiots having to work at mcdonalds and whatever else job 5 days a week and end up spending 90% of it on rent

>but muh muh paycheck has less money because I have to pay them neetbux D':
Get a better paying job wagecuck, working min wage doesn't make you any less a waste of life

Before you call me a worthless neet, I am going to school and have a job and will be a paramedic within a couple years, I'm just saying, I can see why people choose to live as neets and I don't blame them at all, that's what allowed me to realize what career I wanted to pursue in the first place
>>
>>27738099
I think there is very little difference between Chads and robots apart from Chads realizing how fucked up the world is and playing the game with them knowing how it is as opposed to robots realizing how fucked up the world is and wallowing in self pity and defeatism - I played football and talk to Chads quite a bit and they're a lot more similar to robots than normalfags/failed normies so to speak, they just have the genetics and hard work ethic/confidence to achieve things we cant and if they do fuck up its considered "cute" or what not by girls, they always get a pass
>>
>>27735776
I non-memeingly blame feminism and how the mainstream tries to drag women/minorities in front of you, tells you they deserve it more than you, and continuously insults you if you don't agree with them. If society doesn't want to treat you fairly then fuck them you have videogames and drugs.
>>
>>27735260
>all the promises of jobs in our future
>mfw these jobs actually dont exist and all are taken by men in their 30s and 40s
>mfw these jobs they talk about after college are just minimum wage jobs
>wow thx for making me wealthy after for years of school :^)
>>
>>27738197
so basically the chads and robots are the intelligent ones who are capable of seeing both sides of the coin?
>>
>>27737501
>I cant date anyone who has literally no income
so u want him to pay for everything?

its about time for women to start fronting for men and pay for my fucking meal at lunch fuck u faggot
>>
>>27737814
holy fuck, u literally BTFOed this roastie
>>
You may not have purpose in life but SJW's, feminists, black lives matter, Muslims ect. all have a sense of purpose attacking white males.
>>
>>27738402
They're the same as the religious
>>
>>27735746
What else are they supposed to do though, other than serving women I mean
>>
File: jhbijno.jpg (131 KB, 736x493) Image search: [Google]
jhbijno.jpg
131 KB, 736x493
there was once another way
>>
File: 1452119091205.jpg (215 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
1452119091205.jpg
215 KB, 1264x1460
>>27738517
>tfw I will never meet my own Hitler
>>
>>27735260
If I had friends, do you think I'd be on this fucking board?
>>
File: Danke mein Führer.jpg (102 KB, 611x404) Image search: [Google]
Danke mein Führer.jpg
102 KB, 611x404
>>27738517
>>27738582

Heil

this comment is original
>>
>>27735398
I'm 25 and this is literally my life.
>>
>>27738517
>>27738582
>>27738694
>these great people are dead
>the majority of them died before having children or took their children with them
>this great race will never exist again
Just kill me.
>>
>>27738728
19 here, same

I have 3.2k saved up, idk what to do with it, I already bought the games I wanted, I want to move out soon, but then I'll have to have a job all the time
>>
>>27735710
>protecting a land mass
>noble
Ok buddy.
The noble part of war is the battle itself, not things such as "how devoted you are to the rulers of your land"
>>
>>27738106
>Chadbot asks me to show off my meatbuns all the time
>he must really value me as a potential gf
>le armchair psychological diagnosis
typical roastie
>>
>>27738197
Heh, the Gervais Principle might apply to regular life as well.
>>
There never was a meaning or purpose for any generation. This generation is simply the one that refuses to pretend there is a purpose.
Humanity has achieved no ultimate goal. We have availed nothing. The continuation of the species only serves creste a never ending cycle of meaningless effort.
>>
>>27735260
This seems like a journalist has come to our beloved board for more material for her editorial on internet subcultures.
>>
File: 2010s.png (1 MB, 1379x591) Image search: [Google]
2010s.png
1 MB, 1379x591
>tfw humanity has no goals
>tfw people are more concerned about LGBT rights and feeding starving niggers than space exploration
>tfw we will be stuck on this rock for the rest of my existence

I really hope the gooks are right about reincarnation because I want another shot at this "life" thing in a few hundred years
>>
>>27736299
America was the resource powerhouse of the entire Allied faction. Without our supplies and armament, both Russia and England would have been screwed.

Also, we took out Japan, and fuck anyone who thinks that wasn't an absolute nightmare. Dozens of hardened island bases filled with bunkers, underground complexes, and machine gun nests filled with hyperzealous Japanese who would suicide charge rather than be taken prisoner.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.