[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mom drops you off at the video arcade with $5 >get in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: arcade.png (782 KB, 1019x612) Image search: [Google]
arcade.png
782 KB, 1019x612
>mom drops you off at the video arcade with $5
>get in line to play a brand new, super popular game that's $0.75 a play
>last for 2 minutes
>your hands smell like a stranger's cologne when you're done
>go back to your old favorite that's $0.25 a play
>no lines, nobody else is interested in this old game
>spend the rest of the time being cozy with old game
>>
wow kids actually did that? parents let that happen? just drop their kids off at a warehouse that's dark, full of other kids, all alone?
kids wanted to go to that shit? blow tons of money on dinky little shitty games while surrounded by losers? games they didn't even know, just rented?

the past was awful and I feel bad for those that experienced it.
>>
>there are two long ass lines in the arcade
>one for street fighter 2, another for mortal kombat 1
>not sure which to choose

90's big boy decisions, man.
>>
>>27732355
You sound like an over protective mom
>>
>everyone playing a fighting game
>fuck lines I'm gonna go play Point Blank instead

I want a Point Blank arcade machine
>>
File: polybius.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
polybius.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
Who here /Polybius/?
>>
File: 1373680220386.jpg (52 KB, 805x185) Image search: [Google]
1373680220386.jpg
52 KB, 805x185
>Playing Soul Calibur 2 at the arcade
>This game is my shit
>I am the best
>Some rando comes through and tries to challenge me as I'm doing Nightmare's arcade
>Not today fucker
>Button mash that dude into the ground, he leaves dejected
>Fuck yeah I'm still the best
>Suddenly, older teenager from high school offers to play me in a friendly match
>U-uh yeah sure
>He fucks me up right good
>Perfects me almost twice
>I eat shit and burn, how could this happen?
>He offers to help me learn Nightmare
>Gives me tips and combos to use
>Revisit the arcade from there on out and practice until I get gud

Thanks teenage stranger for teaching a 10 year old to love fighting games.
>>
>>27732601
Raphael was 10x better than Nightmare. You were playing the noob character.
>>
>play area 51
>activate alien mode
>all the other kids watching think Im some sort of video game hacker god
>>
>>27732649
Seconded. Raphael was great AND sassy.
>>
>>27732601
I remember playing the original Soul Edge and button mashing my way to the end with Siegfried.

>The grueling battle ended with the victory of Siegfried
>>
>>27732699
If you timed it just right you could do the the one triple attack that knocked them onto the ground over and over until they died without letting them get a single move in.
>>
>>27732355

You are everything that is wrong with the world and I am glad you are here because it means you will almost certainly die alone and miserable and your horrible genetics will never be passed on.
>>
>>27732413
I just remember when MK2 came out, I'm sure that machine got a ton of money. It always had crowds and I'm not sure if this was just a local thing but people put a quarter on the screen to save their spot as the one who would play against the winner.
>>
My dad told me stories of how he would get high scores on arcade machines when he was younger, including one that his parents or whatever owned.

Now the last games he tried were dark souls 2(too hard) and Arma 3 to test a new pc for lil bro, even though he despises his two sons being vidya game recluses.
>>
>>27732677
Comfy as fuck, bro
I once killed the lewd alien, you need to use the machine shotgun and just magdump on it
>>
>>27732355
Oldfag here. In 80s arcade was poppin. No such thing as 'gamer' culture yet, so no neckbeards. Even girls would go to the arcade.
>>
>>27732355

>tfw mom and dad were overprotective so I grew up unable to fully experience the social opportunities I was presented with
>tfw probably wouldn't be a fucking virgin and living at home at 26 if it wasn't for my parents

Pisses me off to this day. I kind of like how it feels like I'm punishing them for it now.
>>
File: ibLfFAa.png (151 KB, 231x229) Image search: [Google]
ibLfFAa.png
151 KB, 231x229
>>27732355
>the past was awful and I feel bad for those that experienced it
>>
There was only one game that I was absolute master of:

Ridge
Racer
>>
>>27732988

>tfw you're old enough to recall the awe of magic throws and stances and handcuffs with Guile in SFII
>>
is this an allegory for fucking chad and settling with a beta?
>>
>>27733929
underbaited boast
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.