[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw anything other than slice of life anime is literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: 1457065124047.jpg (883 KB, 1798x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457065124047.jpg
883 KB, 1798x1200
>tfw anything other than slice of life anime is literally normalfaggatory

Hear me out:

1. It's an escape into a life where you are surrounded by friends that fucking care about you

2. You can experience love that was spoonfed to you throughout your life but doesn't exist in the real world.

3.You can actually connect to the characters, more so than "real" people.

4. You can see cute girls doing cute things and they are actually innocent. No woman in 3D world is pure. NON!

>inb4 slice of life is generic

Every single thing is generic. 99/100 anime is generic, the same flashy fights and the faggot whos oblivious to woman's advances.

Slice of life is way out from the constant grudge of normiedom.
The best word to describe SoL is "Therapeutic"
Anyone feel the same.
>>
File: Atelier done by Shaft.jpg (366 KB, 1024x632) Image search: [Google]
Atelier done by Shaft.jpg
366 KB, 1024x632
I like all anime but I prioritize Iyashikei above all else, my favourites include Aria, Hidamari Sketch and Minami-ke but I also like stuff like Gintama, GitS, Steins;Gate and Mushishi. Generic harems are a guilty pleasure when the girls are really cute. I also enjoy stuff like Shingeki no Kyojin and Sword Art Online, the only stuff I don't watch much is Mecha (I liked NGE obviously and TTGL wasn't too bad) and generic shonen.

Also most of my vidya is anime styled, I love the Atelier girls and Neptunia is relaxing. Stuff like Disgaea, SMT and even Senran Kagura. I'm currently playing Tales of Symphonia HD, I want the platinum to go along side my Graces f and Xillia platinums.
>>
Just came here to say prison school is the best anime I have ever watched
>>
i should probably try watching anime again at some point. i used to watch so much of it but stopped because i got upset about how everything was spoonfed to the mc.

i used to force myself through slice of life stuff (except for nichijou which i watched while it was airing), but maybe i'm different now than i was a few years ago.
>>
File: 1457071801861.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1161) Image search: [Google]
1457071801861.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1161
>>27731620
>Aria
Thanks for the rec, I had it in my towatchlist for sometime, I'll dl it.

I like the pic anon. How is Iyashikei any different than SoL?
>>
>>27731675
Either you have shit taste or you've watched maybe two anime shows

Besides, the manga is better
>>
>>27731742
Hey anon, this is a peaceful thread.
>>
File: 1456286896707.png (828 KB, 1073x976) Image search: [Google]
1456286896707.png
828 KB, 1073x976
>>27731620
>Also most of my vidya is anime styled,
>no osu!
Get out, please.
>>
File: 1330901170852.jpg (154 KB, 1026x710) Image search: [Google]
1330901170852.jpg
154 KB, 1026x710
>>27731739
Iyashikei is Slice of Life, it basically means healing anime.

Pic is Totori from Atelier Totori, I still need to go and play Meruru (I started it)

I'm currently watching Sora no Woto and started Anne Happy last night.

>>27731780
Isn't that a rhythm game? I'm terrible at those hence why I stick to JRPGs.
>>
I usually get heavilly emotionally involved when I watch anime since I tend to binge and absorb myself into the story from start to finish ina single sitting.

Yesterday I watched Boku dake ga inai machi and I'm completely salty about the ending. I've never felt anger about chinese cartoons but it really got me and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm extremely salty and I don't know how to deal with it.

My computer died and my phone died and I haven't posted in 4chan in weeks and I'm even writing this from my Xbox360 because I need to vent. I'm still mad fuck.
>>
>>27731523
I mostly watch it because I find shounen extremely formulaic and boring as hell.

It's like comic book movies. Don't even care anymore.
>>
>>27731802
>Isn't that a rhythm game?
Yes.
>I'm terrible at those
It was my first rhythm game ever, and after 3 months I'm in the top 100k. It's easy as shit to start and get in to, and very relaxing. You can't say "oh well I'm not going to play it because I'm shit" that's not how it works. You're not going to immediately be good at something. If you don't rush it, and don't constantly look at better players, it'll be a lot easier for you.
>>
>>27731854
Well I don't have steady hands, if a game requires precision I will fuck it up. I'm like Michael J Fox, I often spill drinks and shit.
>>
>>27731893
>Well I don't have steady hands,
More giving up before you've even tried it. Give it a go, play it a few times. If having steady hands is a problem even on some of the easiest songs, then sure, you have a problem, but you can at least enjoy the game to a certain extent.
>>
>>27731523
I will not hear you out. I find your preferences to be disgusting OP
>>
>>27731523
>>>/a/

kill yourself weeb
>>
File: 1460118091942.png (568 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460118091942.png
568 KB, 676x1000
>>27731742
Bite me you little shit, my second favourite is accel world or future diary. What do you have to say to that huh?
>>
>>27731931
I've tried heaps of things; touhou, danmaku death, drawing, even TPS give me trouble.

My hands just don't do what I want them too, even typing this I made a few typos.
>>
File: HOTBLOODED.gif (2 MB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
HOTBLOODED.gif
2 MB, 500x377
>>27731523
>Not liking mecha anime
Call it normalfag if you want, but I really like that drive to improve and compete you find in those shows. I don't think the normies are even necessarily bad people.
Even someone as lowly as a robot can still rise above and better themselves and their community, so long as they have the hotblooded drive and will necessary.

That's not to say that those are bad shows, I love Aria and YKK, but I need more.
>>
>>27732037
>even typing this I made a few typos.
Oh shit, you made a typo? Get the fuck off 4chan, how could you ever hope to fit in when you make a typo? Everyone knows that's the most despicable thing you could do.
Seriously though, all the things you listed require decent precision and muscle memory, chances are you haven't played them long enough, or maybe shaky hands really were the problem. Do you not understand that osu has difficulties? Not everything is super tiny circles. Nothing is keeping you from eternally playing easy songs if that's what you enjoy.
>>
File: chiyo's dad by T.jpg (50 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
chiyo's dad by T.jpg
50 KB, 384x288
a real robot?

are you saying then that i am a fake robot?
>>
>>27732077
Ok then Senpai, I shall give it a try one day.

Right now my problem is I keep switching from game to game and never finish anything. Last game I finished was Tales of the Abyss and before that was Persona 3 FES, maybe I should take a break from JRPGs and finish something like Dead Space or Uncharted 3.
>>
>>27732132
Eh, I have the same problem. I go to play games like Enter the Gungeon, STALKER, etc and after like an hour I go back to osu/watching anime. It's a brutal cycle, I can never play the games I need to.
>>
>>27731675
read the manga for your own sake, the anime is garbage
>>
>>27731523
Seinen is objectively the best type of anime.
Don't let /a/ brainwash you
>>
File: euphobd11.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
euphobd11.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
>>27731523
Hibike best SoL
I was persuaded anime was only abou shonen shit. I discovered Hyouka and find the best escapism possible

>>27731854
I begun to play it too 4 months ago. now 40k
it's definitely the perfect autist game for me.
>>
>>27732212
>now 40k
fugg, now I feel like shit. I don't even have a 100pp play yet, I'm awful at holding up combos. I'm alright at streams, I can do 220bpm at max, but I'm eh at jumps Do you use a tablet?
>>
Osu seems gay and boring.
I'd rather Idolmaster, danmaku,JRPG and almost anything other than that.

As most are literally just guys who are defective enough to be actually gay or believe themselves to be the opposite gender spamming their steams.

I also don't restrict myself to genres, but I agree with OP on SoL.
>>
>>27732286
I play about 2 hours a day. kind of embarassed to say I got addict to his ;_;
>>
>>27732325
>I play about 2 hours a day
I play like 4 - 8 hours a day. What's your profile?
>>
>>27732356
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/7485282 waiting yours I got a tablet so jumps became the easy part. but I definitely suck at stream.
Maybe I play a little bit more 4 hours maybe
>>
>>27732422
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/7704931
I still use mouse, prob why I still suck.
>>
>>27732071
I loved the old gundam series. Not so much the new ones except build fighters, I enjoyed that.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.