[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being skinnyfat? I'm doing pushups and situps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (198 KB, 295x522) Image search: [Google]
file.png
198 KB, 295x522
How do I stop being skinnyfat?

I'm doing pushups and situps like a mad fuck.

>pic is not me, just a guy with similar body shape
>>
Eat less calories. Not too hard.
>>
>>27728676
>skinnyfat

caloric intake is most important. count 'em and eat food that releases energy slower
>>
What's your diet like, meng?
>>
workout some where
>>
>>27728719
No, that's how you end up skinnyfat in the first place.
>>
>>27728891
So what the fuck do you do? Build muscle is an obvious one, but what do you do with your weight?
>>
Lift, motherfucker. Lift.
>>
you need to run the fat off, push ups, situps and squats all good but it build muscle and makes you eat more, do some excersice targetted to kill fat, jogging or whatever.
if youve truly done pushups and situps like a mad man it should show more once you lose fat.

and pic related is not skinnyfat just fat mate
>>
>>27728676
1. stronglifts 5x5
2. carb cycling

enjoy
>>
>>27728676
Buddy, I've got you. My brother is a big fitness guy. And lately I've been trying to get in shape.

inb4 >get the fuck off /r9k/, chad.

3 big points that should help:

1) Exercise muscle groups for proportionate (and good looking) muscle growth.

Build muscle to make your body proportionate. I'm thin, but have bigger thighs just from walking (like, muscular big) and it makes me look less masculine because my upper body is underdeveloped by comparison. My main goal is to build muscle to make myself proportionate to what's already there.

2) "Spot-burning your fat" is bullshit.

Along those lines--It's important to realize that spot-training, (doing crunches, ab workouts) isn't going to burn your belly fat. Spot burning has been scientifically debunked, and if you obsess over that part of your body, it's going to build more muscle underneath that fat, and probably make it more pronounced before it gets better. So, once again, make sure that you're working ALL your muscle groups. I had a skinny-fat friend in college who would do 100+ push-ups in a day, and just ended up just having masculine-looking tits because he didn't do any proportional exercise.

I want a better build, so I focus on building what needs work. My legs are alright, but my glutes and calves are thin. I alternate between those groups and upper body.

3) Good diet.

By working out, you're going to burn muscle WHILE exercising, and your daily intake of calories to maintain growth is going to increase. So, maintain a steady, healthy diet, and you're going to see improvement.

Balance fats to carbs to protein. I can guarantee you don't have enough protein. I never did, and barely eek by most days. Cut bullshit out of your diet, and get good grains, nuts, fruits, veggies, and plenty of protein mixed with healthy fats. Fish and chicken are usually cheap, pork is typically good too. Milk and whey isolate is basically necessary.
>>
Intermittent fasting nigga, check it out
>>
File: 19248.png (55 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
19248.png
55 KB, 250x250
>>27728676
exercise bike + gamepad + skyrim without fast travel

this stuff really works
>>
>>27729685
Or you could not play a shit game
>>
Ypu have to figure out what you want to do. If you try to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time you're gonna accomplish pretty much jack shit.

If you want to get skinny, eat less, go on runs or walks or something.

If you wanna get more muscle start bulking. Pound some shit at the gym and down some protein shakes.

Good luck OP
>>
File: 1440721512591.jpg (31 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1440721512591.jpg
31 KB, 555x644
>>27728676
I was once a lowly skinny fat giant baby looking man child like you. What worked for me is going to the gym at least 3 times a weak and doing paleo

now I'm like kinda fit-fat
>>
>>27728676
fitness is the biggest meme of the 21st century

don't bother unless you're a monstrosity
>>
>>27728676
Check your testosterone and estrogen levels.
>>
>>27729849
>Having money for gym
I cant afford 30 yurobucks for gym every month.
>>
File: 1401908770323.jpg (112 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
1401908770323.jpg
112 KB, 533x400
>>27729849
>kinda fit-fat
so you're fucking nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 719x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 719x378
>Ya don't.
Just give up.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.