[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying poor people can be fat >this is what fatties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (363 KB, 1242x1946) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363 KB, 1242x1946
>implying poor people can be fat
>this is what fatties actually believe
http://adventurousalpaca.tumblr.com/post/142436721675/s4wdust-s4wdust-my-petty-ass-when-someone
>>
>>27727014
We get it, you are fatposting, this is like the fourth thread in half a day. The thing is no one here defends fatties so you may as well stop.
>>
>Being stupid on purpose
In America at least it's cheaper to eat unhealthy foods than healthy foods.

>But le fast food is expensive!
I'm not talking about that, just stuff you'd find in a grocery store. Anyone who has tried to buy fruits and vegetables knows this.
>>
File: 1414146702871.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1414146702871.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>27727096
>implying rice, beans, and broccoli are expensive
>implying you can't buy oats for pennies on the dollar
>implying fruit isn't abundantly cheap as long as you're not buying overhyped hippie trash

when will this meme die
>>
>>27727096
Check out this mongoloid. Have you ever bothered to eat healthy?
>>
File: 1407762973732.jpg (34 KB, 318x359) Image search: [Google]
1407762973732.jpg
34 KB, 318x359
I used to work in a thrift store before and pretty much all our clothes were like extra-large or above, mostly female too of course. Fat women had the most variety out of all the customers. There was actually nothing there that my skinny male ass could wear. Snagged some pretty cool electronics though.
>>
>>27727096
>In America at least it's cheaper to eat unhealthy foods than healthy foods.
I'm not american but it's my impression that's just a meme. What does decent rice and meat cost per lbs?
>>
I hate fat people, I'm a khv and will never date a fattie because I'm not fat either
>>
>>27727014
>implying poor people can be fat
I'm literally on welfare and I'm obese, senpai.
>>
>>27727096
>eating more is cheaper than eating less
What you are really saying, because you can be skinny eating literally anything as your primary source of calories.
>>
>>27727232
Meat costs A LOT here.
Rice has arsenic in it too, but that's cheap.
Mexicans have the right idea, cheap food that's also prepared wonderfully.
>>
File: image.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
234 KB, 500x400
>>27727096
By the ounce, healthy foods are cheaper than processed foods
>>
>>27727363
Calorie wise, they are more expensive though.
It's mostly about time to prepare + calories.
You need to eat 2x the amount of healthy food to reach the same calorie count as processed food.
>>
>>27727336
>Meat costs A LOT here.
How much does a pound of chicken or ground beef cost then? I always heard people saying mcdonalds etc. is so cheap in usa, and then I asked someone what it was, and turns out it isn't that much cheaper than where I live.
>>
>>27727395
>attempting to reach the calorie counts of processed food
The goal was to NOT be fat, remember?
>>
Most poor people are on food stamps, which give them ludicrous amounts of money to buy all the prepackaged food they want, and they work dead-end jobs, which leave them too worn out to cook a proper meal. Many also like to stuff their faces constantly because that's the only relief they get from their shitty, stressful lives. Put that all together, and you get lots of fat poor Americans.
>>
>>27727158
>>implying fruit isn't abundantly cheap as long as you're not buying overhyped hippie trash
Examples?

>>27727199
I grew up poor so that's all my parents ever made me, now that I'm on my own (and I'm still poor) I can't afford to eat healthily.

>>27727302
Not what I'm saying.
>>
>>27727444
It's less efficient and more expensive.
>>
>>27727402
He's talking out his ass, I made a beef stew 8 servings 2 days ago for around 15$
>>
File: 1407258150038.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1407258150038.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>27727449
>Examples?

The average price of bananas in the US is ~60c per pound. A pound of bananas averages out to about 400 calories. Living on a dirt cheap budget of $25/week, these still are less than $1 per 666 calories.

Oranges can be found for 75c per pound at 200 calories.

Peaches are about $1 per pound at 200 calories.

Assuming you eat 1-2 servings of these per day, along with rice and beans (which, by the way, are even cheaper than fruit - you can easily hit 50c per 666 calories of rice/beans) you can eat a fairly balanced trio of meals for $5. Same with things like peanut butter, lean ground beef, or cottage cheese.

Again - unless you're buying Uncle Shekel's super halal organic fruit, you can easily eat healthy for cheap.
>>
>>27727454
>it's less efficient and more expensive
It's not more expensive though. And the efficiency shouldn't matter. Taking 20 minutes out of your day preparing food is worth it to not become a fatass
>>
>>27727696
>>Assuming you eat 1-2 servings of these per day, along with rice and beans (which, by the way, are even cheaper than fruit - you can easily hit 50c per 666 calories of rice/beans) you can eat a fairly balanced trio of meals for $5. Same with things like peanut butter, lean ground beef, or cottage cheese.
So basically you want me to eat like a bird?
>>
>>27727262
>I'm literally on welfare and I'm obese, senpai.
This. I'm worth negative dollars but I'm pretty fat.
>>
File: 1432532250806.jpg (9 KB, 200x261) Image search: [Google]
1432532250806.jpg
9 KB, 200x261
>>27727752
Yeah, clearly I forgot the french fries and ice cream you're clearly so used to in my analysis.

You completely ignored the back half - ground beef, peanut butter, and cottage cheese is plenty of meat/dairy and ALSO isn't expensive. A pound of lean ground beef is about $4, for 1600 calories of food, which is simultaneously cheap and hits your need for meat.

Meat shouldn't be the primary thing you eat in your day - things like rice, beans, and vegetables are your foundation, meat is added on top. If you're not comfortable with any of that, no wonder you think you can't eat healthy for cheap.
>>
>>27727096
You are right, no matter what everyone says here. Where I live many 1st/2nd generation hispanic immigrants eat sugary foods, leading to diabetes and fatness. Also with
>>27727158 saying that rice and beans aren't expensive, they aren't but they aren't healthy, and it doesn't help that they thicken it with lard. Fruit on its own isn't a meal, idiot. Vegetables are expensive per calories, so many of them don't buy.
>>
>>27727014
>see something retarded on tumblr
>make incorrect statements about it on 4chan

There's a lot of poor people that are fat because they eat cheap, unhealthy foods. I'm not saying that you can't eat well while saving money, I'm saying that many poor people don't eat healthy.

I really wish /r9k/ would think about the shit they say instead of seeing some bullshit an SJW posts and immediately taking the exact opposite viewpoint, regardless of what that is.
>>
So now the threads gonna die. From obesity.
>>
File: 1421608775734.jpg (10 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1421608775734.jpg
10 KB, 224x225
>>27727865
>Fruit on its own isn't a meal, idiot.

Show me where in my post I stated that.

> saying that rice and beans aren't expensive, they aren't but they aren't healthy

Brown rice lowers the chance of diabetes, is a cheap and abundant source of energy, has a significant amount of vitamins and nutrients, has been known to help with cholesterol and heart disease, and is generally very filling.

Beans don't have quite as many positives to their name, but at worst, they're a neutral entity, assuming you're not buying bottom of the shelf refried garbage.

If you take time out of your day to purchase vegetables from a reputable farmer's market (of which I guarantee exists in just about every city outside of podunk shitholes) they aren't expensive. Even most vegetables from supermarkets aren't oppressively expensive, and if you're willing to take a middle road between the two previous options, places like Costco will sell that shit to you frozen in bulk.
>>
File: 1459964124034.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459964124034.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1080
I'm dirt poor and I'm fat. This argument is so stupid because it's so black and white. "Eating healthy is cheaper so fat cheaps are not cheap somehow." No, even if eating healthier is cheaper, eating like a disgusting whale is also cheap. Maybe not as cheap but in the grand scheme, they're both cheap.

I don't want to eat healthy. If I ate rice and vegetables and eggs and chicken every single day yeah, that would be cheap as fuck. I don't want to eat that every day though. And yeah you can get some other cheap meats and other shit like fruits but I don't want to eat that every day.

I'm poor, I'm depressed, I'm a loser. I'm going to eat all the disgusting junk food I want. I'm going to have chips, cookies, donuts, muffins, cakes, whatever the fuck because that brings some joy in my life. Eating rice and chicken everyday does not. I don't care if I will die sooner, I just don't care.
>>
>>27728305
Then I sure hope you don't complain on the internet about your disgusting greasy body. You made it that way
>>
>>27728305
>posting worst girl
You deserve to be poor, loser and fat
>>
>>27728488
Do I look like I complain, nigger? This is 4chan, not tumblr.
>>
File: 1413904455359.jpg (17 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
1413904455359.jpg
17 KB, 300x265
>>27728305
You're fine by me, anon. I don't give a shit what you eat as long as you don't preach to other people that stupid meme.

If that's what you enjoy in life, go for it.
>>
eating is a hassle
>>
>>27727096
Not cheaper, easier. I've eaten nothing but vegan whole foods for like 2 months just to try it out and I spent like 20% less on groceries than i did before, it just takes a minute amount of effort so fat fucks don't even try a little bit
>>
>>27727201
The only things I ever find at thrift stores are knives for my collection and occasionally a nice pair of shoes. Picked up a pair of primo Calvin Klein oxfords for like 7 bucks a little while ago
>>
File: 1459402920889.jpg (45 KB, 650x638) Image search: [Google]
1459402920889.jpg
45 KB, 650x638
>Tfw fat as due to depression Ned's
>405 pounds in February 2016
>350 now
>now I'm on stimulants and never eat, barely sleep.
>by June I'll probably be 250

Totally unhealthy and very damaging, but unlike these fucking fatasses who just eat themselves to death and complain. Some of us out here were legitimately fucked over. I ate one fucking pretzel today and felt like I was going to throw up.
>>
>>27727096
>be fat
>Waaah fruit doesn't give the same amount of calories
You're already too heavy, slim down you fat fuck.

Also fruit and vegetables are cheaper when you look at actual nutrients instead of empty calories.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.