[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people yearn to be muscular in an environment where being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3
File: 1459646847279.jpg (55 KB, 320x312) Image search: [Google]
1459646847279.jpg
55 KB, 320x312
Why do people yearn to be muscular in an environment where being muscular serves no real purpose?

We live lives that render strength useless since our brains have materialized ideas that surpass the need for our muscles to do work: In fact, we can use those materializations to do the work for us.

Never do you hear people say "Wow, what a nice big brain you have. Your technology outdoes biological non-cranial endowment."

Sadly, I'm not seeing where your brains are at, guys. It's okay. There isn't much to be expected from you, anyways. I guess you'd rather climb up a mountain to reach the other side when there is a paved pathway through it at ground-level.
>>
Maybe because grills find it to be highly attractive? Do you prefer hamplanets over in shape women? lol
>>
>>27725632
Because aesthetics that's why.
The same reason, you want to fuck the 10/10 qt, instead of the uggo with crooked teeth.

People are vain and shallow.
>>
Being muscular means you are less likely to fuck yourself up badly if you take a tumble.
>>
>>27725632
So you don't get humiliated when some alpha challenges you to an apeout for your mate.

If some guy beats the shit out of you in front of your girl, she'll dry up like the Sahara and leave you next week.
>>
>>27725632
Climbing mountains makes you feel like a superhuman god amongst men. I don't want to walk through life on the easy road. Many of us long for a feeling of adventure in this world of emasculating safety and comfort.
>>
>>27725676
You can be aesthetic without being muscular. Being aesthetic serves a purpose: To attract mates. But why is something so illogical and obsolete an aesthetic today?
>>
>Why do people yearn to be muscular in an environment where being muscular serves no real purpose?
But they do have a purpose. Women find them sexually attractive. This will then lead to increased odds of the male producing offspring, something we all compete for. If you couldn't work this out by yourself "I'm not seeing where your brains are at"
>>
It looks good.

The fact that it takes years to develop and maintain keeps the wimps out of the club. Hate chad all you want, but he gets what he wants from hard work and dedication. You dont even know what you want.
>>
File: 1378426923154.jpg (110 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1378426923154.jpg
110 KB, 768x432
>>27725632
Why do people yarn to shitpost in an environment where shitposting serves no real purpose?

We post memes that render shitposting useless since our brains have materialized ideas that surpass the need for shitposts to keep us entertained: In fact, we can use those materialization to create high quality content for us.

Never do you hear people say "Wow, what a nice on topic post you have. Your quality contribution outdoes blatant Reddit-tier shitposting."

Sadly, I'm not seeing where your content is at, guys. It's okay. There isn't much to be expect from you, anyways. I guess you'd rather shitpost on a HK sandal reinforcement BBS to get your egotistical validation for the day when there is a site you can farm upvotes on with one simple registration process.
>>
>>27725728
Are you fucking retarded?
Use your critical thinking
>>
>>27725759
But why would you want to perpetuate the illogic you hate of said women who are sexually attracted to something so silly and useless? People who spend their entire lives for a physical form that doesn't suit the environment whatsoever.

It's like a bird yearning for huge wings it can't even flap to fly, and saying "Because it attracts mates, it's good".
>>
both men and women treat you better. I'm not saying women are automatically attracted to someone who is muscular, but it does not hurt unless you are abominably ugly and roid like an idiot which is perceived as overcompensating. Nothing wrong with being in shape
>>
1. It feels good to be muscular.
2. People treat you better and women especially seem to like it, doesn't really matter why.
3. If you ever get a job that requires any kind of lifting or moving having muscles is a huge benefit. Same thing for everyday tasks like moving furniture, carrying groceries etc.
4. The lifestyle choices required to gain and maintain muscles are healthy, so long as you aren't roiding.
>>
File: herdutalkinshit.jpg (154 KB, 960x635) Image search: [Google]
herdutalkinshit.jpg
154 KB, 960x635
>>27725792
Nigguh are you. . .
>>
Well, I can see why 4chan is a lost cause. You are just as bad as the women you hate.

Don't blame the women--you are just as much to blame for. But someone who can't reason won't ever know this anyway, so they'll walk around endlessly miserable.
>>
>>27725632
You ever jumped from one roof to another? It's fucking thrilling

I have the physical strength to try almost anything I want to and it feels amazing
>>
The mires

The health benefits

The feeling of lifting heavy diddlylifts

The sloots
C'mon man.
>>
>>27725792
Is this bait?

Good muscle insertions imply genetic health, the only thing that genuinely causes potential mates to be attracted to you.
How does a full head of hair benefit your life? Jesus Christ some people
>>
>>27725823
And you want to look like that? Rather than take the road that paves the way across a mountain, which should attract females for being that intellectually strong, you'd rather climb it and then complain that women are so dumb? You're going to fight an endless battle. If you're looking for logic and sense, don't mate with the people you hate.
>>
No.27725728
There's nothing illogical or obsolete about it. Our bodies haven't become useless just because we now have smartphones.
>>triggered
>>
Let our bodies atrophy from lack of use while our brains develop from constant use. It's the only way out of your misery. Change your values, because where you're going is the definition of hell.
>>
>>27725944
Why would exercising one thing mean you should let the other degenerate?
>>
In ancient times it was useful so it improved your chances of finding a mate. Nowadays it's he other way round, muscles don't really serve much of a practical purpose since we're much more advanced but people find it attractive so it's beneficial - sexual selection in action. There was a lecture I watched on this a while ago, can't find the link now though
>>
>>27725944
lmao ive never met someone so beta that they try to convince fit people to stop being strong.

The irony of the situation is that working out takes time, dedication and discipline, something this "intellectual" doesn't have. My muscles are more than an attractive physical feature, they tell women that I work hard consistently and that I get shit done.

Enjoy crying on this board about how stacey won't fuck you while I enjoy the fruits of my labor, all the while enjoying the endorphins released every time i exercise.
>>
It's never a bad thing to be physically fit. You recover from illness and injury faster, your energy is higher, and life expectancy is higher.

You must be retarded.
>>
>>27726013
Because the amount of energy (and thus work) going to your bodies to keep them functioning could be energy that goes to your head which could do that for you anyway. It's hard to do both and expect change to happen. If I'm using my body to maneuver myself through a play structure, I will not be thinking of algebra.
Only one hour a day of intense exercise and the rest sitting down? Yikes. You're setting yourself up for a lot of physical problems. You're already hearing about the hazards of running daily.
>>
>>27726038
Agreed. Its a combination of narcissistic self delusion and massive coping.
>>
>>27726164
It's not delusion, nor is it narcissism, or coping.

It's hard to get people who aren't very smart to understand something. So the burden is always on the person conveying the message to convince them that their message actually has meaning. I guess that's the law of stupidity: Not being aware that you are only steepens the slope. Not to worry, though, your muscles will help you overcome that slope, because your brain sure won't.
>>
>>27726097
>its hard to do both

Maybe for obese narcissists, I'll offer you that olive branch.
>>
>>27726256
Yeah, that makes sense. It's only reasonable that unreasonable people would make such leaping assumptions to say that I am obese, let alone a narcissist.
>>
>>27726238
>I'm not narcissistic or delusional
>guys why won't anyone believe me
>my frail sickly body is better than yours
>WHY WONT WOMEN LUST AFTER MY MATH SKILLS AND SEE PAST MY SHIT PERSONALITY
>>
>>27726164
>this is what people who don't lift think
Sounds like you're jelly brah, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to discredit
>>
Lesson to be learned:

The truly stupid will never know they are.
>>
>>27726371
The truly stupid act superior on 4chan and try to assert their intelligence because they never amounted to anything IRL
>>
Sour grapes. Being muscular feels good independently of female attention.
>>
Your brain must be incredibly small and underdeveloped if you don't understand to correlation between a healthy, strong body and mental wellness and happiness. Fuck, you're so fucking stupid that you don't even understand basic human instinct.
>>
>be chad
>train a lot
>dress well
>people sees you in better eyes, even if they don't want to fuck you.
>study enough for C+ or Bs
>Ace life

The "le highly inteligent gui" path is actually harder and waaayyy more soulcrushing, only a few really smart people make it.
>>
>>27726473
What would I amount to? A social status of being honourable? Remember, I don't care much for my peers, because they share the same value set as you (a senseless one, that is).

There is nothing that I can't do on my own time that I could do for the sole purpose of "appearing" to look good by wealth and society's subjective "success". If you want to read a textbook because you're curious, that would be even better than doing it to amount to a high opinion from everyone around you.

I'm not "acting" (remember, this is a word that you folks are very good at doing; your entire life is an act, more so when you're in the public eye.) superior at all. I'm just watching one of the rarest occurrences I could ever want: To watch people in their most natural state; a state where your anonymity shields you from social judgment.

What you see on this site is what I conjecture people to be like in real life. So rather than just watch from the sidelines and not say anything, I'll give you my opinion. But it's not like it will channel through to you anyway. So what was I thinking in doing so? Maybe it's me that has lost their mind.
>>
>>27725632
>We live lives that render strength useless

Lol, so many jobs require strength, especially in blue collar workplace.
>>
>>27726630
Technology can do it for you. Why hurt yourself doing an outdated job?
>>
>>27725886
don't forget
>mental health gains
>positive self-perception
lifting is best therapy for me
>>
>>27726607
>What would I amount to?
Idk maybe you wouldn't post on 4chan trying to convince people that anyone in better shape than you is an idiot/sheep/whatever the fuck you're trying to say?
>>
self improvement is masturbation friendo who doesn't like jerking off
>>
>>27726644
Cause I like making money. Buys me good food and allows me to have more freedom. Nobody wants to do jobs that are hard so I make a killing
>>
>>27726675
You're absolutely right. It was my mistake for thinking I could knock some sense into people. I know human tenacity and stubbornness better than that.
>>
>>27726700
Lmfao you're trying to "knock some sense" by spewing nonsense? No wonder you're a neet
>>
>>27725632

Because even though functional strength and fitness (and the aesthetic that comes with it, which is attractive to women on a primal level that no technological progress can subvert) may not be "necessary" right now, it was for hundreds of thousands of years, and our instincts don't just adapt as soon as our environment changes.

The time since the Industrial Revolution is a blip compared to our entire history. Someone as enlightened and ahead of the curve as you should know that, right? :^)

Not to mention, there are many variables out of our control in the world and in the space it hangs in; at any time, the past 150 years of technological progress can be undone, or at least severely limited in it's availability.
>>
>>27725632
>We live lives that render strength useless

t. a neckbeard autist who has never gone outside
>>
>>27725632
>le false dilemma falacy
i guess you must be very strong cause you're retarded xDDD
>>
>all these middle class kids in this thread who don't realize that manual labor still exists

Fucking Christ y'all are some privileged cunts
>>
>>27726942
Don't complain, in ten years I'm going to be able to charge a fortune for my work as there will hardly be any competition
>>
>>27725632

Mens sana in corpore sano, brah.

Be strong and healthy and you'll think better. This isn't bullshit.

Plus, chicks dig it when you can open jars and stuff.
>>
>>27725632
People start for the destination but stick it out for the journey.

The process of going from weak to strong feels amazing.

It's strange to consider as a beginner, but how would I feel if I hit my peak and reach the limits of my fitness? The end of the climb. Will I be happy or sad?
>>
>>27726942
This. It's getting ridiculous. I'll tell my brain to repair elevators I guess I'll use telepathy to move the rails around. You
Can't get mad at them though.
They've been brainwashed to believe that college is the only way to make a living .
>>
>>27725632
Muscles are power
Power is status
I don't care if you can do math, I'm still going to bash your autistic head in whenever I feel like it
You better lift if you want to protect yourself against that
>>
>>27727235
>Can't get mad at them though.
I think it's the "humans need not apply" video.
I've seen so many people here talk about how manual labor barely exists and will completely disappear in 20 years.
>>
>>27727126
>chicks dig it when you can open jars and stuff

As fucking dumb as most robots would think this sounds: wiser words have never been spoken.
>>
>>27727333
That's the problem tho. What demographic do you think posts here? I'd bargain it's mostly college aged males who plan on getting some cushy office job after school. There's krihimg wrong with it, but it's asinine to assume that Manual labor jobs are going to be obsolete in 20 years. I never went to college and I'm making 30 and hour with medical benefits and a pension. I'm at the lowest rung of the ladder too. Once I get promotors to mechanic in 3-5 years I'll be making upwards of 70-90 an hour depending on my skill level. I can rest assured too that no robot can do my job. Well, maybe it can, but I highly doubt the small business I work for has the capital to replace its work force with robots. Automation is defiantly the future, but the whole robots are going to do everything meme Has to end. I don't see any flying cars yet if you catch my drift.
>>
>>27725632
Exactly because it does not serve a purpose.

Think about the ideal of beauty up until the 20th century.
Generally chubby, pale women were preferred, since the entire point was that these traits signified membership of the nobility.

Now that being chubby and pale is easy, it is no longer considered something worth aspiring to, since most people are chubby and pale, these traits have started to be associated with the peasantry.

Why being muscular and tan isn't associated with the lower-classes is beyond me, though
>>
>>27725823
Nigga, peacocks are the most vicious birds in the world.
They're even more dangerous than Canadian geese.
>>
>>27726656
These things don't happen when you lift.

I know this for a fact. Lifting just made me hate myself more than I already did, because I got angry and depressed when I didn't see enough gains, and I got angry and depressed when nobody actually noticed my gains.

Lifting only helps you if you're already a normie faggot who doesn't have mental health issues.
>>
Being healthy and in shape is literally beneficial for everyone in everyday life and longevity, and it happens to give you a higher sex appeal to either sex and orientation.

If that's not a 'real purpose' you may want to reconsider your outlook on being a lardass.
>>
OP = skinny faggot that got beat up by a muscular jock(no homo)

Assuming this post isn't b8
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.