[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
antinatalism is the ultimate position.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14 KB, 300x358
antinatalism is the ultimate position.
>>
i'd have to give more than a passing thought to 3DPD to take that stance, OP.
>>
Schopenhauer just claimed sexual urges are harmful since they contribute to our perception of the world as will. He never said anything about eliminating human reprodution, stop being such an edgy faggot.
>>
>>27725189
Stop calling anything you don't like "edgy."
>>
>hurr everyone should live a life of asceticism
>lives a life of luxury and fucks many bitches
Schopenhauer cucks are the worst, people ignore how shit his philosophy was just because he said a few mean things about women
>>
File: 51ztm8byuQ2.jpg (31 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
51ztm8byuQ2.jpg
31 KB, 333x499
This book is awesome yo, ya'll robots should read it.
>>
>>27725534
been interested in it for awhile now and got it off of amazon yesterday.
wew
>>
Lookup inmendham and efilism.
>>
>>27725534
>I think of so many people who are no more, and I pity them. Yet they are not so much to be pitied, for they have solved every problem, beginning with the problem of death.
Holy shit, is this man /r9k/ incarnate?
>>
>>27724945

Stuff like this is why I still come here.
>>
>>27724945

>tfw retroactive vasectomy
>>
>>27724945
But I like being alive.
>>
>>27725189
You're incorrect, Schopenhauer believed that reproduction would cease if the intellect directed us rather than the will. Here's a quote:

"If children were brought into the world by an act of pure reason alone, would the human race continue to exist? Would not a man rather have so much sympathy with the coming generation as to spare it the burden of existence, or at any rate not take it upon himself to impose that burden upon it in cold blood?"
>>
>>27727466
>Believed

Although "belief" is the most correct way to speak of it, the man was ultimately right. I feel immense sympathy for a possible child's experience in this world, I will not bring a child to this world, the human condition is not desirable. To never have existed is the best way to "be".
>>
>>27724945
Antinatalism is ridiculous highschooler-tier philosophy, since it essentially appeals to hedonism, trying to resolve the issue of people wanting to kill themselves with an ideal of civic duty, except that this duty is fucking retarded.

At least the stoics had a decent idea of civic duty that makes sense.
Whereas here it's just "lol tell people to not have kids"
>>
>>27724960
i NEED to kiss and rub my face on a loli tummy
NOOOOWWWWWWW
FUUUUUCKKKKK
>>
>>27724945
Ive been wanting to read up on antinatalist philosophy lately: Schopenhauer, Cioran, Zappfe. I dont have a very strong philosophical background though. Are there alot of necessary prereqs for understanding these thinkers?
>>
>>27728471
Start with the Greeks and make your way to the modern times.
>>
File: ortes.jpg (3 KB, 69x101) Image search: [Google]
ortes.jpg
3 KB, 69x101
lol it's all population control desu. not original, interesting, or virtuous at all. it's old as time in memorial. gnostics: yo god made a mistake when he created the world. you are shit. you'll never reach enlightenment imprisoned by matter. how about killing yourself? take that principle and run with it any way you like.
>>
>>27724945
>antinatalism is the ultimate position.

>ultimate
>adjective
>1. last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series

>1645-55; < Late Latin ultimatus (past participle of ultimare to come to an end), equivalent to Latin ultim(us) last, most distant (see ultima) + -atus -ate

It really is, desu, senpai.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.