[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw didn't get accepted to college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr_nlfb84Amy51uqb95ao1_400.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlfb84Amy51uqb95ao1_400.png
87 KB, 285x285
>tfw didn't get accepted to college
>>
>>27723572
not as bad as you'd think
>>
>>27723572
Keep in mind that this does not reflect upon your value as a human being. It simply looks like that way to others.
>>
Walmart is you friend
>>
Just go to community college and transfer senpai
>>
>>27723601
>>27723613
Fuck off faggots. Not being accepted in college automatically means you failed at life.
>>
>>27723572
Wait a year and apply to slightly worse ones. It's just a gap year, don't worry about it anon.
>>
hahaha

I don't even need to send an application to join college
>>
File: CIk_WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg_large.jpg (40 KB, 540x516) Image search: [Google]
CIk_WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg_large.jpg
40 KB, 540x516
>tfw didn't get accepted to community college
>>
>>27723669
Thats what the kikes want you to believe. Rise up, start your own business anon
>>
>>27723572
You're better off anyways. College is only good for getting a 9-5 white collar corporate slave job. Get a job in construction or plumbing or something, learn the trade really well and then start your own business. You'll probably make way more money and you'll actually be providing a useful service for society.
>>
You've just saved yourself tens of thousands of dollars that you may never have been able to pay off.
Congratulations on living debt free and escaping the college bubble!
>>
>>27723848
What this guy said.
Having tried to start my own business, let me just say it's not as easy as I first thought... but don't let that stop you.
>>
>Tfw got accepted into college but dropped after a year anyways
Whatever, just try to find a job OP, don't let that shit discourage you, college is hell.
>>
Go to community college op
>>
>>27723848

This.

I had this great idea for a store that sells nothing but socks. I borrowed some money and got a space in a local strip mall. Business is picking up every day.
>>
>>27723572
>mw refused to apply to four year schools
>graduated community college
>landed sales job
>>making roughly 60k with a promotion in terms works
>>no student loan debt and employer is willing to help me pay for my bachelors

Trust me op, you're better of this way.
>>
>>27723722
Pretty much every single one auto accepts as long as you have a diploma or GED
>>
>>27724315

Waste of money.

Just get a j-o-b, OP. I'm an assistant manager at a KFC and I make 28K a year and have no student loans.
>>
File: 1460035209222.png (11 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460035209222.png
11 KB, 500x500
Your mom goes to college 2bh
>>
LMAO HOW TF DO U NOT GET INTO COLLEGE
>>
I work part-time as a security guard at a parking garage.

>tfw get paid to walk around every so often and check some monitors
>bland building in the middle of other bland buildings, never see another person
>read books, watch anime, shitpost
>all while getting paid for it

Just got a raise for being there two years without missing a day or being late.
>>
>>27723923
>Get a job in construction or plumbing or something

That still requires either certs, trade school, or connections.

Also, the "start a business" meme is silly as fuck.
>>
File: images (44).jpg (17 KB, 454x324) Image search: [Google]
images (44).jpg
17 KB, 454x324
>tfw I submitted my PhD application.
>tfw I now have to beg for scholarships.

I actually go for PhD cause I'm too scared to go for job hunting and I have zero network.
>>
If youre american, what the fuck are you complaining about?? Just literally by a gun from wallmart, and just blow your fuckin brains out. I would have done it along time ago, but since im /britbong/ i cant get one anywhere, and im too much of a pussy to try any other method
>>
File: 1423231087353.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423231087353.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>27723572

I went to college and now all I have is 40k worth of student loan debt. I'm 26 and live at home and I'm struggling to find a job. I can't even imagine how horrible it is for people that took out loans, got into debt, and then didn't even graduate, wew.

College is stupid bullshit and I'd never advise anyone to waste their time unless they knew exactly what they actually wanted to do and college was a necessary step for doing that thing.
>>
>>27725176
If you really wanted to do it you'd find a way, Rupert
>>
>>27725176

Why don't you make an American friend who is suicidal, fly out to "visit him", and after a few rounds of gay sex, kill yourselves?

They might even make an edgy SJW indie drama about the whole thing.
>>
>>27725190
What was your area of study?
>>
>>27723572
Sell cars its super easy even if youre awkward like me. I watched joe verde and grant cardone, i follow scripts all day for everything(phone calls, emails, dealing with people) and i make over 150k a year. I never take customers that walk through the door all my work is over the phone or computer with a script.
I sell honda if you live in a redneck place sell trucks its even easier
>>
>>27723572
blessing in the skies to be honest...
>>
>>27723572
this is how cops are made
>>
Eurofag here, can anyone explain the difference between community college and regular college? I never quite understood it. Are community colleges something like a poorfag version of college or what?
>>
>>27725281

As I understand it, there's a couple of kinds.

One is a "junior college" for people who aren't quite ready for college and need to study up on maths or learn to read and write at a college level. You can get two-year degrees in stuff like English, but they're worthless unless you go onto uni.

Another is more like a vocational school. They offer degrees in computer repair, hair stylist, auto mechanics, etc.
>>
>>27723848
>>27724168
>>27724379

"Just take your nothing and start a business with it!"
>>
>>27723665
this

>>27723722
I did but got terminated for dropping online classes too much. Now I have to go through an appeals process.

It's funny, I took my shitty SAT scores into the CC during enrollment to skip remedial classes and the counselors were shitting themselves about how good they were. The guy was like "LET ME GUESS, ENGINEERING MAJOR?"
And my major was actually computer science. And I didn't make it past general education classes.

Also now I have no financial AIDS and I have to figure out how to finance a semester or two of college.
>>
>>27726375

Most businesses start with an idea and a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>27725623
CC is colleges offering 2 year degrees with cheap tuition meant as a way to transfer into the university.

They call the other "trade school"
>>
>>27723572
>2016
>falling for the college meme

There's a world of opportunity if you don't let college cuck you.
>>
>>27727104
not really, the only option besides college is going into trade

either that or wagecucking at walmart
>>
>>27727104
Where is that opportunity?

I work in a warehouse for 13.50/hr and I can't switch to a trade apprenticeship because they all pay 8-9/hr and I have expenses to keep up.
>>
>>27723572
OP, I didn't, I appealed, and I got in. You should try appealing. Tell your fav teacher you didn't get in and beg them for a rec letter for your appeal.
>>
File: 1389868173951.gif (1 MB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
1389868173951.gif
1 MB, 300x166
>>27724764
>as long as you have a diploma or GED
Sadly I possess neither.
>>
>>27727468
They say the GED is ridiculously easy to ace. Schedule a time.
>>
>>27727534
>Schedule a time.
My year group would have graduated 7 years ago so that ship has sailed sadly.
>>
>>27727576

Dude, cut the shit. You're just making up excuses.

There's no age-limit on getting the fucking GED and you know it.
>>
College is only worth it if you can get into a prestigious school or attend for free. I did neither, and it ruined my life. I'm not sure how much longer I can take it.
>>
>>27728295
>tfw I got into a prestigious school with a shitload of scholarships/aid
>>
>>27723572
>mfw I didn't get a lucrative scholarship because tyrone had a shittier life than i did
>>
How do you not get accepted into college?

I was a SHUT IN neet for nearly a decade and now im in university. I just took some tests and they let me in.

It's a criminology degree ( forensic science major to be exact)
>>
So what does /r9k/ think about part time ?
>>
>>27728606
Not OP but I sent application but my HS gpa was 1.4 so maybe that's why
>>
>>27728321
>tfw I'll never get to experience the intellectual environment of an elite school

That's really all I want in life.
>>
>>27723572
You WANT to be indoctrinated by Social Marxists? I recommend trade school
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.