[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw everyone gets annoyed of you after 1-2 days of online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15
File: 134543673443.png (60 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
134543673443.png
60 KB, 500x407
>tfw everyone gets annoyed of you after 1-2 days of online chatting

who /annoying and boring/
>>
>tfw you have nothing to contribute to social groups but stale memes
>>
>>27723512
No, I have no idea what you're talking about. I almost find it easier to talk to talk online than in real life. This is my Facebook conversation with someone I met in February.
>>
>>27723631
what do you even do? i ask question after question. I guess i just belong on r9k.
>>
>>27723668
you sound like you might unironically have autism
>>
>>27723681
>>27723631
>look at me guys i'm a fucking normie
>>
You ask questions about the other people to give them a forum to talk about themselves, but you also subtly reveal things about yourself in the process.

>Hey
>Hey
>What are you playing?
>Supreme Commander
>Oh, that strategy game, right? I really love strategy games. Is it fun?
>Yeah, it's pretty good. It's a really specific game genre called [...]

And so on.
>>
The trick is to insult them.
>>
>>27723631
NORMIES GET OUTTTT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27723512
Serious question. Have you tried being yourself? It works for me.
>>
>>27723739
It really is fucking pathetic how normie shits come here and brag.
>>
>>27723668
First things first, you want to make sure that they actually want to talk to you first. If it's just a hot girl that you're hoping to orbit, then forget about it, all you're going to do is ask questions and she'll just barely reply. Then, when you do ask questions, make sure it's something they can actually talk about. A good early question is "what kind of stuff are you into", and then when they reply ask them small questions that they can reply in length to.
For example, if they reply "Oh, I'm into music", you can ask what genre, and when they reply with "Indie" or something you can ask about what kind of bands they like and the such, and they should talk to you about it rather than just reply to your questions. Essentially, you want it to be a two-way conversation rather than a probe-and-find-out thing.
>>
who /wants friends but too boring to make friends/ here
>>
>>27723787
Who /charismatic and a great conversationalist but everyone else is shit and not worth my time/ here?
>>
>>27723787
im just robot with a boring personality, i got nothing to talk about.
>>
>>27723787
I feel too ugly to make friends. Is that possible?
>>
>>27723798
>blaming others
Hahaha, good one. I'm sure you could make plenty of friends if you really wanted to, anon ;^)
>>
>>27723776
What are some signs somene does not want to talk to your hideous ass? Give me all the clues you cna think of.
>>
>>27723813
I don't really care about "friends" since I have no interest in guys, but I have girls clinging to me all day every day and they are just trash. No one is ever interesting enough.
>>
How do I get hobbies and interests other people are interested in?
>>
>>27723512
They never reply me for more than a day, so I stopped trying.
>>
>>27723787
The big (and only, I guess) one is if they're replying with very short texts to your messages or not replying at all. Like, in the above example, if they say that "Music", and then once you ask about the bands they just reply with "Arcade Fire", and once you start asking about THAT, they just give you a word or two at best without ever asking questions, then either they don't want to talk to you, or they're just terrible at conversation, but either way they're not worth your time.
Another way to test that is to end the conversation with a statement as well, e.g. "oh cool, I'm into Arcade Fire as well" and if they don't reply or try to keep up the conversation, then give up on them.
>>
>>27723811
>I feel too ugly to make friends. Is that possible?
I think so because I feel like that too.
>>
>>27723787
>>27723807
I'm like you. We can't even be lonely together, because we are so insufferably bland.
>>
>>27723826
>>27723893
Wait, sorry, that was directed at you, OP.
>>
File: cera (1).jpg (6 KB, 168x194) Image search: [Google]
cera (1).jpg
6 KB, 168x194
>>27723895
It feels like I'm too ugly for normies and too boring for robots and outcasts
>>
>>27723787
How can you even be too boring to keep up a conversation? You just talk about stuff they like, quip your occasional comment "Oh they're cool too, I like their second album" and they keep the conversation up themselves.
>>
>>27724016
>Oh they're cool too, I like their second album"
But I never heard of the band. I don't listen to music. all I do is browse chans and other websites and watch stupid videos. That's my life.
>>
File: heh.png (77 KB, 491x541) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
77 KB, 491x541
>>27723787
Hey there

No hobbies, no interesting things ever happened in my life, nothing I could talk about
I'm even bad at asking questions apparently, no one really bothers to answer even the most basic ones
>>
File: 1458521503550.jpg (78 KB, 623x720) Image search: [Google]
1458521503550.jpg
78 KB, 623x720
>>27723512
People only wanna talk about themselves anyway. When someone messages you or says hi, it's usually because they have something that they want to share. Your role is to validate their story by being impressed/shocked/whatever the context requires. Then they will politely ask you 2-3 standard questions in return and pretend to be interested in your answers, because they feel obligated to.

I can't complain because I'm no different. I only care about what I have to say. But sometimes I don't wanna say anything. And then it becomes really stressful to reply to someone who's excited about something that happened.
>>
File: i_hug_that_feel.png (100 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
i_hug_that_feel.png
100 KB, 600x553
>>27723900
God damnit, right in the feels
I feel so bland and dumb
How do I become more interesting person?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x242
>>27723774
Why can't they just leave us alone?
>>
>>27724039
>>27724133
That's sort of your own doing, but if you really want to make friends, then leave this place. Seriously, you can come back once your goals are achieved, but until then all you will gain here are a "it's not my fault, it's everyone else's" mentality and a knowledge of some obscure memes. Think about it, would you want to be good friends with some guy who ONLY sits on wizardchan and only leaves his room to go to the bathroom? Work on yourself a bit to become a more well-rounded person, go find some movies you enjoy, find some music you might like, play some interesting games, etc. The only way to become a less boring person is to make yourself the person you want to be.
>>
File: 0214 - EYmXu0K.png (8 KB, 222x396) Image search: [Google]
0214 - EYmXu0K.png
8 KB, 222x396
>>27724190
>That's sort of your own doing
FUCK OFF YOU RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT I DIDN'T CHOOSE TO BE BORN WITHOUT TALENTS BUT WITH A FUCKED UP BRAIN CHEMISTRY AND A GARBAGE IQ

10/10 TRIGGERED ME WITH YOUR CHEAP BAIT

>become a more well-rounded person, go find some movies you enjoy, find some music you might like
I HATE EVERYTHING NORMIES LIKE
"HEY ANON DID YOU WATCH THAT EPIC ROMANTIC COMEDY" "YES IT'S FUCKING SHIT, THE ACTING IS AWFUL AND THE JOKES ARE INCREDIBLY FLAT AND DUMB, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS JUST SO FUCKING POORLY DONE AND HALF ASSED IT MAKES ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF. I WATCHED A COOL YOUTUBE VIDEO OF A CUTE GIRL CUTTING HERSELF TO LINKIN PARK MUSIC THOUGH, DO YOU CARE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE CONTEXT THAT MAKES IT SO FUNNY AND ABOUT THE SOCIAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL BACKGROUND OF THE GIRL AND HER AUDIENCE" "????????????????????????????"
>>
>>27724190
Thanks, that's actually pretty sold advice.

I wish I could still enjoy vidya, never played the popular new ones and I imagine no one would like to talk about some obscure 10 year old games nobody but me played

I dont really understand music. I'm as pleb as it gets.

>The only way to become a less boring person is to make yourself the person you want to be.
I want to be dead person. Would that be interesting?
>>
>>27723798
Here. Just concentrate on a hobby instead. Get proficient at it. Something really hard, worth your time. The more proficient you get the more interesting proficient people will appear in your life.
>>
>>27724297
What kind of games are we talking about here? Care to name names? Eh, as long as you have SOME normie interests, you don't need to have them all. And come on anon, don't be so morbid. You can't give up just yet, you can change almost anything in your life with just a little but of effort, ESPECIALLY getting friends.

>>27724285
Then if you don't enjoy what people are talking about, why do you want to be friends with them in the first place?
>>
a couple years ago when i last tried having steam friends i was the person who got tired of them after a while. dunno how i would act today, though.

can't really blame me though because most of those anons were boring. they either asked me too many questions or just posted youtube videos.
>>
>>27724285
>youtube videos of girls cutting are more interesting and have better production than popular movies, which make me want to kill myself
you'll always be a roach
>>
>>27724361
>why do you want to be friends with them in the first place
Because they are nice people and I am desperately lonely but I can't relate to anyone IRL anymore because I spent the last 9 years with you retards.

>>27724373
One is a piece of shit made by incompetent cynical assholes with the aim of extracting money from plebs, the other is a real expression by a real person in direct response to other real people who then edited in a specific way.
>>
File: 11.jpg (16 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
16 KB, 231x244
>>27724190
>Just leave this place man
>Just leave

why are normies so fucked up
>>
>>27724476
Well, I've given my advice, anon. In order to mingle with the normies, you need to seem like one. What's left for you now is to decide which one you want more: to hold on to your current views and interests but stay lonely; or to go against yourself, force yourself to like normie stuff, but get friends.
>>
>>27724361
>You can't give up just yet, you can change almost anything in your life with just a little but of effort
I'm saying this to myself every day, yet it becomes harder and harder to believe it

Anyway, thanks anon, you are a bro
>>
>>27724476
>actors aren't real
c'mon man go see a therapist.
>>
>>27724522
>not having any free will whatsoever
Come on anon.

>>27724575
It's good that you keep trying, man. Talk to me, what's your current situation in life, what's on your mind?
>>
>>27724285
Get over yourself. Never met a functioning adult that is into the shit you whine about. Watched Samsara with my fwb the other day.
Not every nonvirgin is a retard
>>
>>27724618
>Never met a functioning adult that is into the shit you whine about.
I never claimed to be functioning.

>Samsara
10/10 movie on psychs, good choice, I'll accept your fwb.
>>
File: 1460118677382.jpg (90 KB, 773x773) Image search: [Google]
1460118677382.jpg
90 KB, 773x773
>tfw you made a friend of the opposite sex
>but you are already scaring her off with your retardness and retarded questions

If only I'd post the chat log, but preach of privacy and all that. You guys would cringe at the shit i ask and at the complete wrong times. Jesus fucking Christ.

I'm thinking about deleting her to save myself the embarrassment.
>>
>>27724721
Can you post it with the names and places blacked out? I'd like to look over it and give you advice for next time.
>>
I have the same problem, plus my english it's still a shit, so it is even hard.
>>
>>27724715
I'm saying not every normie is a retarded fratbro or empty headed cumdumpster. Hope you find friends that share your interests, anon.
>>
File: 1444223361541.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
1444223361541.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
>>27724750

No, i don't feel good posting the chat log here without permission. But basically it went like this;

>she sends me message first
>about to go gym
>tell her
>chat for a little and tell her I'll be back and that I'm getting subway afterwards
>get back
>talk
>pretty sure she didn't want to talk
>decided to keep at it
>chat died down
>decide to ask her what she was doing when i was eating my subway
>>
>>27724796
Eh, other than talking to her when you thought that she didn't want to talk to you, it doesn't seem like you did too badly. I said this before, a good way to see if she's up for talking to you or not is to end the conversation with a statement, and if she doesn't keep trying to talk let her be for now.
>>
>>27723729
can't tell if you're giving advice here or just calling out op
>>
>>27724942
Not the same guy, but it's genuine (and decent) advice.
>>
File: 1460072143899.png (89 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460072143899.png
89 KB, 512x512
>>27724873
Taking apart my motorcycle engine, and doing a valve clearance is easier to me than talking to a female. How is that even possible?
>>
>>27724969
It's because you think that talking to women is different than talking to men. It's actually the same, women are guys with some boobs attached.
>>
File: IMG_20130323_150017_683.jpg (96 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130323_150017_683.jpg
96 KB, 768x1024
>>27725014
How do you do it? also one last question. How often am i supposed to send a message to talk (initiate)? One a day or is that too much? maybe one a week?
>>
File: 1459117981968.png (323 KB, 460x2788) Image search: [Google]
1459117981968.png
323 KB, 460x2788
>>27725082
Use this as a reference.
>>
>>27725296

Hell i don't ask questions like that, hell reading that stuff made me cringe. Though i do have lots of patience as well so i don't expect replies straight away at all or would i spam someone.

I don't send them one after another, fuck that noise.

But that still never answered my question, how often should i initiate? Do woman even enjoy talking to the same person everyday?
>>
>>27725082
Uum, depends on the person, really. Try to figure out how often they want to talk to you. With one of my female friends, I practically never talk to her unless we're planning to go out, but with my gf I send several hundred messages every day.
>>
File: 5128180.png (93 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
5128180.png
93 KB, 645x773
>>27725511
>Try to figure out how often they want to talk to you

How do you do that? and we live in different countries too.

Might just save her some headaches and delete her that's what i think. Will head out now for a 2:35 am highway ride and go WOT and blast down the empty road.

This is stressful.
>>
>>27725296
I really sympathise with this persons feelings, although I'd never have the guts to speak so frankly and at such length to anyone. But I still tend to wear my patheticness on my sleeve which has never once in my life been well received.
>>
>>27725681
Try once a day, but also give her an opportunity to start the conversation herself, anon.

>Delete her
Don't give up just yet, anon. Worst case scenario, this is a learning experience.
>>
>>27723787
real and online
>>
>>27725741
>Don't give up just yet, anon

But I'm not doing it just for myself but for her as well. I already said to save headaches, annoyances etc.... Last thing i want is to initiate a chat and have her think she is forced to speak to me and think deep in her mind I'm retarded.
>>
>>27725859
Well if you want to stop this then there's no downside to just being honest. Just say "Hey, can I be brutally honest with you?", and when she says yes ask her if and how often she wants to talk to you. As long as you don't sperg out, there's nothing wrong with being open and honest.
>>
>>27725902

I don't know man, I'll see when i get back if I'll delete her or not. Now I'm all geared up and I'm going to go for a ride.

Little bit of speed always gets me thinking straight.
>>
>>27725994
You're not doing her a favour by cutting contact. Imagine if some awkward girl you liked talking to just stopped one day because she thought we was too awkward for you. If you don't want to talk to her, that's alright, but don't make this decision FOR HER, she's a person, she can make that decision herself if she wants.
>>
>>27726045
I like talking to her though, but problem is i say retarded jargon and ask retarded things when they aren't need to be asked like here; >>27724796

Also now I'm going for REAL, farewell robots.
>>
>>27726152
No, you're not, you're honestly doing fine, that's how some normal people chat as well. You're overthinking it, just chill out and talk how you want to, anon.
>>
>>27725296
I bet he later made a self-pity thread to whine. Listen, just because you are suffering doesn't mean you can't be a shitty person. No one likes a downer who needs constant reassurance to function and then having to tip-toe around everything just to not hurt his fragile ego.

Try to get on the other persons place for a moment and stop making everything about yourself.
>>
>>27726182
she is only talking to him out of pity
she knows he is a loser
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.