[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on therapy, r9k? I'm going through some rough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1459709543988.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1459709543988.gif
768 KB, 500x340
Redpill me on therapy, r9k?
I'm going through some rough times right now but if gets worse I'm going to be extremely fucked up in ways I never imagined.
Can a therapist help save me?
>>
>>27723448
Nope. The only true therapist is yourself.
>>
>>27723478
Being my own therapist is why I have waifus and fantasize about a girl I met years ago just to cope with the pain. I need real help.
>>
>>27723531
have you tried killing yourself phamily
>>
What can a therapist even do? Tell you that it's all in your head, think positive, be yourself?

I have the feeling that normies can be helped by therapy because they lack the self awareness to see what is wrong with them and it's generally something really minor. I doubt that most of therapists would even know how to deal with us.
>>
>>27723531
>I need real help

You're not gonna get it from your neighborhood shrinks office. Therapists are mainly used to milk the health insurance system for money(just give it more time anon!) and sell clients unnecessary psychiatric medications(I think we'd get much more progress with a low dose antidepressant anon!).

Inb4 anons start crying
>omg tinfoil! You just gotta keep trying, I took 10 medications before I found one that worked!
>>
>>27723942
I'm not saying mental health care is a sure thing, and it's definitely not easy, but it's not something you can write off completely.
>>
Depends.

Therapists help normalfags with babby-tier issues that are all in their head.

If you hate life because you don't want to work, have a tiny peener, are a manlet, etc; a therapist isn't going to do shit for you.
>>
>>27723897
> anxious with general depression
> normie therapists can handle schizophrenics before they can deal with you
> get so mad, they just assume you're attention seeking because you're already aware that you're sad for no reason unlike normies who don't know why they do anything
>>
>>27723448
A therapist can help you if you have problems in your life that are making you depressed. If you don't really have a life because you've been depressed for a long time they can't help you.

Basically normalfags benefit from it but for robots it's a waste of time and money.
>>
>>27723448
if you fell you need to go in therapy, just go anon.
it will help you, you will be free to tell him whatever you want.
if it doesn't work, you can quit.
but my advice is to at least try, if you feel the need
>>
>>27724288
You probably just can't figure out why you're sad. People are not great at figuring out their own emotions even though they think they are.
>>
Asking layman morons about the efficacy of therapy. ....

Yes, it can work, if you get someone who either specializes in your issues, or is simply a capable psychologist.

Morons here have no idea what therapists do or how they do it. For example the client centered approach focuses on building a healing relationship, in which the individual can actually grow. If you don't know what that entails, you can't even conceive what it is.
>>
>>27723448
CBT and talk therapy are junk.
You should probably get massage or do drama or something instead.
>>
>>27724371
>HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE MYSTERIES OF THE PRIESTHOOD!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
There, I just saved OP or his insurance company $10000.
>>
>>27724357
> I let my parents cuck my life by banning all friends or telling me not to date girls even though I was KV
> wanted to be a good boy, along with believing people are very dangerous, along with having a martyr complex
> don't do things I want to as an adult because of these reasons
> could change anytime but I'm used it now
> couldn't even imagine having full autonomy
>>
>>27724395
Anyways, I actually wasn't talking about CBT. Read some Carl Rogers to get an idea of what client centered therapy is.

CBT is great for certain illnesses, but the impact of therapy will depend greatly on the actual relationship you build. So if you go there and already think it's dumb, you aren't likely to follow through or listen. If you actually try, and the therapist makes a real attempt, that's what works most often.
>>
>>27724425
Sounds like you never developed a healthy safe relationship with your parents to actually actualize. A therapist can actually try to create such a relationship and help you heal those woubds, accept yourself, and then begin to build to becoming a person.
>>
>>27723448
Psychologist and neurologist are your best chances. Real doctors have a better chance of pinpointing your problems.
>>
>>27724425
Same. My parents didnt want me to go out. Didn't even want me to get a job at high school. Always told me to shut up and listen because they know better.
Now I am afraid of arguing with people, afraid of standing up for myself, don't have social skills and so on.
The only thing a therapist could tell me is to go out and practice.
I am 25 now, it will take me years if not decades to become "normal ".
Fuck this tbqh.
>>
File: 1451170584378.jpg (12 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
1451170584378.jpg
12 KB, 353x352
just called my therapist 2 days ago, better I try it than sitting depressed infront of my computer 24/7
>>
>>27723942
My dad was a therapist and I know this is complete bullshit. trying to get paid from various companies is a pain in the ass. He would often see his poorest clients for free. not all therapists are equal but my dad helped a lot of people. He passed and I know he is remembered well by the community.

Therapy isn't some instant remedy. It's about healing, and it takes time. When I first started seeing my therapist I was a fucking wreck. Its as simple as having a support in your life who knows what they're talking about. Getting over my past trauma isn't going to be an overnight thing. But having a professional there is a huge help.

>>27724549
Don't listen to this guy. Psychiatrists are for prescribing medications, and most of the time you'll get like 10 minutes with one. Psychologists can help with diagnosis but does that help you if they tell you're depressed? You don't see a psychologist ongoing like you do a therapist unless it's a more severe disorder like autism, or they also do therapy.

Did everybody in this thread just have shit therapists? You realize that you don't just pick one and stick. Find one that you feel comfortable with and seems like they'll be a good fit for your desired treatment.
>>
>>27724678
>You realize that you don't just pick one and stick. aka play placebo roulette at your own expense of time and money until you get frustrated and quit.

Yes, the science of psychology at work.
>>
File: 1452788068007.jpg (114 KB, 852x937) Image search: [Google]
1452788068007.jpg
114 KB, 852x937
>waste of money
do you fags have to pay for a therapist?
>>
>>27724740
Nice meme

"I'm so autistic I can't fathom that a process requiring a close human relationship isn't a one size fits all, and might take a little bit of work"

Psychology isn't some magic. If you're a raging sperglord that hates everybody, you're probably not going to find somebody you like. Medication might help you communicate with others.
>>
>>27724880
After having a completely underwhelming "therapy" experience, I actually did a great deal of independent research into the subject as well as watching videos of "licensed therapists" debunking their own profession.

I can tell that you're studying to be a psychologist, so let just say: don't worry. There are plenty of people who will fall for the meme and you will surely make bank.

I truly wish I could endure 6 years of horseshit to earn a magic shingle that entitles me to $100/hr for nodding and asking people obvious leading questions.
>>
File: 1458394431565.jpg (104 KB, 796x744) Image search: [Google]
1458394431565.jpg
104 KB, 796x744
>>27724946
In which country you have so shit therapist?
>inb4 murrica
>>
>>27724983
>works in my country :^)
>>
File: Ayy.jpg (46 KB, 872x828) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.jpg
46 KB, 872x828
>Look up old therapist's name on internet
>Did some eating disorder talk
>Sometimes helps out some local place
Pretty dul-
>Passionate campaigner for trannies
Ayyy
>>
This thread is a pretty good example of what holds the robot back. Fear and distrust of others and their help.

It's like an error in your code, that disables one of the primary functions of a well functioning robot.

Protip: some peoppe are far more capable and knowledgeable than you, and actually want to help you
>>
>>27725452
They don't, though. Anyone who's been to therapy can tell you what it is.

CBT and listening and nodding.

No therapist dares to make a direct recommendation relevant to your situation beyond "sleep well and talk to friends :)" because it might cause some problem for you.

It's a placebo meme.
>>
>>27725590
The only meme is you and your obviously strawman interpretation of a process to conplex for our robot brain to grasp.

Go read a book on the subject, try thinking for once in your life.
>>
>>27725635
>t. psychologist shill
You do know your profession bases its "diagnoses" on a handbook that creates and removes "diseases" based on fads and political pressure, right?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.