[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GET FIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 24
File: TTVGBTGRTRGF.png (3 KB, 750x383) Image search: [Google]
TTVGBTGRTRGF.png
3 KB, 750x383
You have everything to gain by working out. Ask anything.

In doubt about whether you're at a healthy weight or not, you can always test your BMI:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

In some cases, it may not work, but only in special cases, such as when you are mostly made of muscles; otherwise, it's a fairly good indication.

Also this one:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

If you want to lose fat, calculate your basal rate and eat 400 less calories a day (that's an average, depending on your weight, you can eat much less, or more).

To control your weight: count your calories every day and weigh yourself everything morning after emptying yourself.

These are the basics. You can burn fat without doing any work out, it's better than not working out and not losing fat. It's not as good as actually working out, but that's not mandatory to lose fat.

If you have questions and are willing to change something in your life, know what you want: more muscles, more stamina, both, etc. The more precise your goals, the easier I can help.

Lastly, if you have advanced questions, I may have an answer but not necessarily (anything with injuries or handicaps I am not knowledgeable on).

And read the guide!
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
Guide.

o
r
i
g
i
n
a
l
>>
File: lose-gain-maintain-weight.png (71 KB, 698x749) Image search: [Google]
lose-gain-maintain-weight.png
71 KB, 698x749
This image is literally all you need to understand to control your weight when it comes to fat.

It's that simple.
>>
File: myths.png (63 KB, 1303x852) Image search: [Google]
myths.png
63 KB, 1303x852
Dumping some material. Don't hesitate to spread that stuff wherever, raise awareness, and upset fatties, both can be done at the same time, and depending on the person, it can make a difference.
>>
File: how to lose weight.png (77 KB, 1303x852) Image search: [Google]
how to lose weight.png
77 KB, 1303x852
Another one. Another ones bites the original dust.
>>
File: truth about weightloss.png (66 KB, 1303x857) Image search: [Google]
truth about weightloss.png
66 KB, 1303x857
Textless posts are not original and not allowed.
>>
File: nutritionlabel.gif (92 KB, 1017x630) Image search: [Google]
nutritionlabel.gif
92 KB, 1017x630
Learn to read labels. Most of the stuff you won't need, but I suspect it's some sort of agreement between health organisations and corporations: the first are allowed to put more info and the latter like it too because it drowns the most important part of it: the calories.

They often measure them by "serving" instead of simply what's in the damn can or container. They try to make you that much farther away from the actual calories with simple maths, which is enough to keep most people at bay.

Don't be fooled, it's not that hard once you get the hang of it.
>>
>>27720769
keep it up man
>>
File: 1459905352075.jpg (158 KB, 341x2000) Image search: [Google]
1459905352075.jpg
158 KB, 341x2000
>>27720976

Y-you too!

orignirngirngirngirgnal
>>
File: Image03-01.jpg (1 MB, 1776x810) Image search: [Google]
Image03-01.jpg
1 MB, 1776x810
You can't get fit by losing weight. You shouldn't be fat like some kind of tumblr normie in the first place.

Do steroids and gain weight. It's not worth lifting without steroids. Would you build a shitshack with pic related? Isn't your body worth more than an outhouse? Use the right fucking tools for the job.
>>
I'm not white or black so all is lost desu
>>
>>27721034
>You can't get fit by losing weight.

Depending on your definition, not being fat is already "fit". You won't grow muscles, but you will sure look better.

>Do steroids and gain weight.

Not sound advice.

>It's not worth lifting without steroids.

I'm doing it, and it is.

> Isn't your body worth more than an outhouse? Use the right fucking tools for the job.

It's worth the effort, yes.

>>27721047

You're too eager to lose.
>>
File: luckyleaf.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
luckyleaf.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>27720906
Lel, you must be fat as fuck if you honestly think pic related is one serving and that it's too complicated to multiply by two. Noone who matters needs to lose weight, fat is disgusting. Us humans want to know the macros and micros of our food. Just get a red sharpie and a calculator so you can 2+2=4 then write it in big numbers on the back of the label.
>>
>>27721221
>Lel, you must be fat as fuck if you honestly think pic related is one serving and that it's too complicated to multiply by two.

I think you missed the point...
>>
But the real question is does lifting make you happy? Because half the posters (gym shills?) seem to be angry and bitter as fuck in their posts.
>>
>>27721258

It can, yes, on a very physical level. It frees you from a lot, and I don't mean lifting alone. If you want to run, instead, that's fine. It does give your soul some peace of a quality you find nowhere else.

For the rest, it's more of a means to an end, but it definitely helps a lot. Just being able to feel healthy and proud of what you see in the mirror, that helps a lot. You feel in control, and that's priceless.
>>
>>27721241

I must have. What is the point? Big Calorie is tricking you into eating 112 ounces of pudding because it doesn't say the container has multiple servings in a big enough typeface?
>>
File: 1386420762175.gif (215 KB, 400x524) Image search: [Google]
1386420762175.gif
215 KB, 400x524
I'm overweight because I do pretty much nothing but sit in a chair all day.

Exercising/weight lifting is boring and dull; playing a sport would be a much better way to stay active. Are adult sports leagues common in most places? I've thought about trying tennis or something, and I'll probably try hiking this summer.

Feel like a physical hobby is important.
>>
File: 1445882944669.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1445882944669.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>>27720769
>just be more confident anon
>just be yourself anon
>just get fit anon
>>
>>27721364
>I'm overweight because I do pretty much nothing but sit in a chair all day.

That's not the reason. Doing nothing is not the point. You're overweight because you've eaten more than you needed. Even if you eat nothing but just what you need, you'd stay overweight. You need to eat much less now, to tap into your reserves.

Any sport will help burn some, but short of doing insane cardio and burning thousands of calories, you just need to control your caloric intake and weigh yourself.

Weight lifting isn't that boring or dull when you know what you're doing.
>>
>>27721384

You don't need confidence to work out. You just need to do it.

I never asked you to be yourself, especially if what you are isn't glorious.

The last one is the only one I can agree with: just get fit. Why won't you?
>>
>>27721431
Because it's a lot of work for nothing.
>>
File: brad-pitt-fight-club.jpg (31 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
brad-pitt-fight-club.jpg
31 KB, 400x287
it only took me 6 months to get this body, and apparently this is what women like--not those super buff wankers you see at the gym 24/7.
>>
Nick is still here. I'm getting worried about this idiot.
>>
>>27721447

A lot of work? With 3 times 30 minutes per week, you'd get crazy results already.

>nothing

What the hell do you mean? Increased health, increased cerebral capacities, increased lifespan, increased looks, etc. The list goes on and on about the benefits.

An hour and a half, that's nothing. It's nothing for great results in many areas all at once.
>>
>>27721451

Women have varied tastes, but most won't be picky if you have either type of bod. Everything it says about you is a good thing: dedicated, can work hard, cares about adding value to self, etc.

Good job.
>>
>>27720769
I gained 30 pounds of muscle and my life has not changed at all. No new friends. No girls mirin. Nothing.

Realizing that it makes no difference whether I'm ottermode or Gaben mode made me more depreased than I ever could have imagined. Now I cant even fool myself by thinking things will get better once I ____________.

Self improvement is a fucking meme normies tell us to make us think everything is our fault for being lazy.You're in for a rude awakening once you realize it's not true.
>>
>>27721462

Have no fear. I'm doing all right.

>>27721510

>implying I believe you
>>
>>27721451

Women like fucking everything, especially if it means cheating. Being otter mode doesn't mean shit if she literally gets off on the idea of cucking you.
>>
>>27721482
>With 3 times 30 minutes per week
What kind of exercises would one do for that short time period to actually make a difference? I don't quite buy it, anon...
>>
>>27721526
>Women like fucking everything, especially if it means cheating. Being otter mode doesn't mean shit if she literally gets off on the idea of cucking you.

>being interested in that kind of woman

It's really not that hard to see if a woman is into this stuff or not...
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 432x164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 432x164
Thanks Nick,
This chart says I should be aiming for like 5 reps for strength, problem is i'm a filthy calisthenics practitioner and can do like 14 pushups.
Are weighted belts any good for making me heavier temporarily?
>inb4 just lift weights
>>
File: 1459540369772.jpg (18 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1459540369772.jpg
18 KB, 236x236
>>27721528

Make it 45 minutes three times a week and you could do starting strength or strong lifts. You won't make gains if you're trying to lose weight though. Rippletits was right about milk. Don't be a bitch, one gallon a day. It's got electrolytes.
>>
>>27721528
>What kind of exercises would one do for that short time period to actually make a difference? I don't quite buy it, anon...

You don't have to buy it. My first work outs were even shorter. When you're weak, you have your work cut out for you and the gains come very fast.

In case you didn't know, the work out that strong men do generally has 3 or 4 different exercises only. SS is literally 3 exercises per session. As a noob, you won't need 2 minutes to recuperate, so it'll be much faster.

30 seconds will be enough for you, but imagine if you need 2 minutes after each set, now multiply those 2 minutes for every set for each exercise: 5 times 5, times 2 minutes. That's a lot of time.

My program is short but it takes me well over an hour to get through it.
>>
>>27721547

Yes, any extra weight will help if you can already do 14 pushups.

The bench press is the logical continuation of the pushups. It's virtually the same exercise.

Anywhere between 5 and 10 is fine. I generally increase the reps before I load up, that way I get a more varied approach, and it doesn't change much in the end.
>>
>>27721543

I never said it was hard to see if she's into that. Does she have a vagina? Yes, she's a filthy cheating whore. Unfortunately traps are as bad or worse. Women should all be strapped down to a torture machine, released long enough only for her husband to fuck her then immediately put back in torture.
>>
File: 1450868107552.png (104 KB, 660x187) Image search: [Google]
1450868107552.png
104 KB, 660x187
>>27721566
>You won't make gains if you're trying to lose weight though. Rippletits was right about milk. Don't be a bitch, one gallon a day. It's got electrolytes.

He wasn't wrong, but everyone and their mother thinks they know what Mark said...

You're wrong. I make gains while losing fat, easy.
>>
>>27721609
>Does she have a vagina? Yes, she's a filthy cheating whore.

This is why you don't get a relationship. Your attitude is self-punishing, so justice is respected.

Enjoy not having a loving woman suck on your cock like it's the thing she was meant to do by divine mandate.

Just saying.
>>
>>27721643

I have a relationship, justice is bullshit and like with everything else, you are wrong. Women suck on every man's dick like it was by divine mandate. I dated this whore 5 years, she I check her email and find she asked her ex to come visit her. Fortunately de said no but I still hate her and all women. I cheat on her too now without giving any fucks. She's a worthless subhuman cum rag. I still wish I could get a good girl though. All women are shit. You're just a naive little bitch.
>>
File: 1341040554442.jpg (79 KB, 390x543) Image search: [Google]
1341040554442.jpg
79 KB, 390x543
I did SS for about a year then I got a physically demanding job and didn't have the energy to do it anymore.

After a year my lifts were still shit;
Squat: 108kg
Deadlift: 120kg
Bench: 70kg
Press: 50kg
Power clean: coudn't figure out how to do them

Didn't eat properly. couldn't decide wether to bulk or cut so I ate pretty much at maintainence.

Neurotic about form, never felt like i got it.

Could not figure out how to do power cleans even after a year of trying.

Always felt like shit after workouts, dissapointed in myself.

Tried to find a personal trainer in my area who could show me how to lift propely, couldn't find any.

Kill me.
>>
>>27721451
How did you do it?
Originalodinodong
>>
File: monkey.png (917 KB, 696x720) Image search: [Google]
monkey.png
917 KB, 696x720
How am I supposed to lift when my higher state of consciousness (as a result of my higher intelligence) causes me to feel more pain when I lift than the average person?
>>
>>27721710

Nice imagination.
>>
>>27721718
>Power clean: coudn't figure out how to do them

Power Clean
https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L
>>
>>27721897
>How am I supposed to lift when my higher state of consciousness (as a result of my higher intelligence) causes me to feel more pain when I lift than the average person?

You're not supposed to feel pain when you lift, so everything is fine. Just don't lift too heavy.
>>
>>27721897
Just lift that shit brah
>>
you dont go to the gym to lose weight
you lose weight by changing your diet
the only thing that will ever fix you being fat, is to stop eating so much shit

and if you DO want to get "fit" you don't need to go full retard. just have a regular routine, you stay committed to, and fulfill it everyday. it doesn't have to be a lot,
>>
>>27722272
>you dont go to the gym to lose weight

You can if you focus on cardio, of course you can.

>you lose weight by changing your diet

That's mandatory, of course, but you can accelerate the process by doing heavy cardio a lot.

I'm OK with everything else. And I tend to agree that cardio to lose weight isn't the most efficient thing, since your body burns more energy just existing than you will by doing cardio. You're better off controlling the calories you eat.
>>
>>27722219
>>27722272

Someone bring me the get.
>>
File: 1453659191745.jpg (70 KB, 587x356) Image search: [Google]
1453659191745.jpg
70 KB, 587x356
This is all you need to do.
>>
>>27721364
>I'm overweight because I do pretty much nothing but sit in a chair all day.
I do the same thing but I'm skinny because I don't eat much.
Stop eating so much you fat fuck.
>>
>>27721451
Yeah is there a good guide for ottermode somewhere?
>>
Shouldn't this thread be in fit? Or this faggot can go to soc, the attention whore board.
>>
File: 1459336679629.gif (2 MB, 400x385) Image search: [Google]
1459336679629.gif
2 MB, 400x385
Should I be working out in the morning as soon as I get up before eating breakfast?
I get kinda hungry and feel sick.
>>
>>27722855

Just burn the fat.
>>
>>27722914

Depends on your goal. But if you feel bad, just eat.

People who work out fasted do so for cardio, with the explicit purpose of burning reserves, but you may be more efficient by eating and being able to run longer, so I'd say it doesn't matter, do what makes you feel OK.
>>
File: 1411340685000.jpg (400 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
1411340685000.jpg
400 KB, 1126x1001
Gotta go, guys, see ya later maybe!
>>
Is confusing the muscle a meme?
>>
>>27721451
How do I get to this physique as a 6'4" 75kg skelly?
>>
if you're going to make a thread with the same shit you may as well just re-do the entire /fit/ sticky.
>>
>>27724132

Or better yet he could kill himself instead of annoying the shit out of everyone
>>
>>27721364
>fat faggot posting cute girls
That shit should be illegal
>>
>>27721451
Daily reminder that fitness is actually 80% lighting 20% lifting
>>
>>27725750

Actually it's 50% roids, 40% eating enough, 10% lifting.
>>
>>27722941
Well that won't work very well if you don't have any muscle to begin with. You'll just look like your dying.

source: been there
>>
File: Capture.png (32 KB, 273x450) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32 KB, 273x450
b-brehs send help
>>
Today it was supposed to be my second day at gym, but I didn't go because my left arm hurts so much I can't bend it
Goddamnit this is a mood killer
>>
hey nike when should i stop doing starting strength
>>
File: 1430808185481.jpg (32 KB, 450x649) Image search: [Google]
1430808185481.jpg
32 KB, 450x649
>no motivation.
>I'll work out for a while get sore then stop for a few months.
>no close workout buddy.

do you want to be my live in life coach? and do it for free? that is the ONLY way I'll become fit.
>>
every time i try to do a workout these days i get a tension headache almost immediately. its really fucking annoying
>>
Hey, Im a skeleton, how can I gain muscle by working out without buying expensive stuff, and by staying in my house?
Do you have a "Daily workout program" that does not require any equipment?
I dont eat much, but I eat pretty healthy.

(Sry 4 bad engrish)
>>
>>27728998
just do pushups and squats and maybe get some dumbbells
>>
>>27720769
Hey man I've got some pretty neat advice off you for a while now so thanks in advance. So far I've lost 53lb and I'm still going. Most importantly, I've kept most of my strength gains too so that's definitely a plus.

But now I've got a new problem... I look like absolute shit. The fat has gone from my arms and legs- they are beginning to look somewhat defined (I still need to lose a bit more weight. I'm 94kg right now at 5"11 and I think I'll look decent in the mid 80s) but literally most of my fat is concentrated in my belly, moobs and love handles.

Hence I still look shit in clothes which is slightly annoying. Probably useful to mention here that I have a strong fat body type (I'm very muscular and strong but carry a lot of fat). How much longer do you think I need to keep losing weight before I start seeing a difference in the torso area? I'm doing strength training 3 times a week and my diet is like this (I do intermittent fasting)

Tin of sardines

Training session here

Post workout low carb protein shake

3 eggs omellette with spring onions, mushrooms and a tomato.

Serving of roasted boneless chicken with tin of mackerel and a protein shake

A final protein shake.

1 cheat meal a week (this has a few carbs and I do a 300cal deficit instead of 500)

Just a bit annoying when my torso is literally holding on to every ounce of fat whilst the rest of my body is shedding it. I just really want my moobs to go... Any idea how much longer until is see results? I know it's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question, but just some motivating words right now would mean a lot.
>>
when will this gymcel meme end

going to the gym isn't going to improve your life or get you a gf
>>
>>27729123
it can help teach discipline and shit nigga ooga booga
>>
File: 1429645214714.png (81 KB, 825x441) Image search: [Google]
1429645214714.png
81 KB, 825x441
Nick, when I will be at my ideal weight, will my belly still look fat because of loose skin or anything or will it be completely flat?

Have some dank pepes
>>
bbump for nick
>>
fuck you nick you cunt
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.