[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become interesting? >have boring uninteresting job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1.53289_image.jpg (27 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1.53289_image.jpg
27 KB, 420x420
How do I become interesting?
>have boring uninteresting job
>don't care about politics
>don't generally care about sports
>don't care about family
>too lazy to travel around
>no hobbies except for going to the gym three times per week and playing Dying Light a couple of hours per day after work
>don't like to talk, everything is so dull and banal
>don't like to listen, everything is so dull and banal
>don't generally care about anything so no strong opinions or beliefs
>>
>>27720674

The answer lies within your post.
>>
>>27720674
You don't even want to be interesting.
>>
>>27720880
where?
>>27720905
I actually want, I'm just too used to not being interesting. What, I just pick some random hobby from a list of hobby and bam, now I am interesting?
>>
File: 1448115597012.png (32 KB, 350x420) Image search: [Google]
1448115597012.png
32 KB, 350x420
You sound like me OP, except i like talking and listening. But i am shy and hesitant to say what i feel outside of text. Now my life revolves around working out, bikes, posting feels on r9k and posting Wojak.

The funniest thing is I've worked many jobs and i am a security guard and worked in the cash in transit section so people would think you'd know how to socialize extremely well. Only thing i did was walking around with a gun on my hip and cash up atm's with another guard.
>>
>>27720943
>atm's
>using apostrophes for plurals
kill yourself
>>
File: to1_400.png (383 KB, 390x450) Image search: [Google]
to1_400.png
383 KB, 390x450
>>27720969
Keep's that's negativity's away's from me.
>>
>>27721001
thore aren't even plurals, mongo
>>
>>27721009
Dont's be upset's my palio.
>>
I'm the same OP

I don't understand how I came out this way, I think it's depression or something
>>
>>27720943
Hey same bruh, except im a prison officer and my job completely revolves around talking all day.

Introverts lose energy when talking and that is true with me, im fucking exhausted when im in a social situation.
>>
get into philosophy
>>
>>27720915
How can you interesting if you are not interested in anything?
>>
>>27720674
I've heard the most interesting people are not the mosting interesting - but the most /interested/. So work on that
>don't like to listen
thing and you can feed peoples egos and validate how important they are instead.
>>
>>27721155
so, how do I get interested in something? is that even something you can learn to do?
>>
File: F-550 CIT 4 (1).jpg (373 KB, 1244x933) Image search: [Google]
F-550 CIT 4 (1).jpg
373 KB, 1244x933
>>27721075
Though at the end of the day you have people to talk to and young people as well, with cash in transit work you are in the truck all day waiting at the airport etc.. with 2 other guys who are 40-50 years old and complain about the wife and kids all the time. I'm only 21 and never get to work with people my age.

Outside of the truck no one is going to exactly start talking to a guard who is carrying money and has a gun with him.
>>
>>27721190
You should get interested suicide.
>>
discuss liqueur, shits great
discuss latest rap/r&b songs, shits dope
discuss hot babes/guys you'd uncut/cut rawdog

ya shit like that
>>
>>27721192
Thats where you take up a hobby that gets you out there.

For example i love reading and I am apart of a book club, it may not sound like the most social thing to do but i have made some very close friends from this book club.
>>
>>27721351
I already have hobbies, such as motorcycles. Though I'm not going to a bike meets or anything of that garbage. Filled with stuck up dumb cunts who think they are the shit because they are telling stories about how they ran from the police and did a wheelie while wearing flip flops on a bike they can hardly control.

Outside of that i shoot guns, enjoy hiking, camping (outdoor stuff in general). I guess most of my hobbies are not so social.

I'm not taking up some bullshit hobby in hopes of meeting people.
>>
The best and hardest thing to do would be to try every hobby for 10 hours because that is my minimum time to feel if i like it or not. Before that i don't really feel comfortable and am easily demotivated.

Anime is also another way because it gets me excited about different hobbies, literally started table tennis because of Ping Pong the Animation.

The third thing would be to read literature, personally i hate small talk, i prefer deep stuff.
A good starting point here would be Le Monde's 100 Books of the Century, can be found on wikipedia.
>>
>>27721192
>40-50 years old and complain about the wife and kids all the time. I'm only 21 and never get to work with people my age.
i am this feel
>>
>>27721351
>book club
wont it be just middle aged housewives though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.