[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nightwalks/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: 20160408_033042.jpg (167 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160408_033042.jpg
167 KB, 640x480
Who else likes to take walks late at night?
>>
>>27720504
I fuck my gf at night
>>
>Work nights
>if early finish (4am) i lime to take.the long way home.
>tfw live in the centre of town so its nice seeing everything light up but baron.
>>
File: running-in-dark-hopeful[1].jpg (24 KB, 295x408) Image search: [Google]
running-in-dark-hopeful[1].jpg
24 KB, 295x408
>>27720504
Who /nightrunner/ here?

If you run with any kind of light, dont talk to me.
>>
Love to walk around and be out in the early hours when no one is around. It's so peaceful and beautiful.
>>
>>27720504
I'd like to but i) there's nothing good to do\see and ii) I'd most likely end up being raped and/or killed by a band of Romanians
>>
I would like to take night drives a lot more but am worried about using too much fuel and also worried about the mileage steadily rising for some reason.
>>
I don't trust my neighbourhood
what fucking purpose would I have to go outside
>>
>>27720683
Yeah man. I feel like it's the only time I can really think clearly and be at peace. I don't really like the bustle and high energy of the day time. I sort of wish I had a friend who would just silently walk with me and watch the lake for a while.
>>27720700
Sorry to hear that bro.
>>
>>27720613

Used to, until i picked up weights. I used to run about 50km's a week.
>>
>>27720808
How was the switch? I swim a lot now, but I was running 50 miles a week.
>>
i live in a seedy neighborhood with arabs so not me.
>>
File: 1458738507053.jpg (85 KB, 804x771) Image search: [Google]
1458738507053.jpg
85 KB, 804x771
>>27720835
alright i guess but I prefer running, because i ran all my life and played sports like soccer and cricket, I also did swimming as well and cross country.
>>
i did until i got mugged
>>
>>27720872
Are you making sick gains? Are you gonna have big guns? What is the point of lifting bro? I really got back into fitness, and I got all the strength and endurance benefits I need out od swimming ,running (including some speedwork and sprinting), and calisthenics like push ups and sit ups.
>>
>go out to walk at night
>immediately start thinking people are spying on me from their windows
>start sweating uncontrollably
>flinch in fear with every passing car and always turn my head so the people looking at me in the cars don't catch a glimpse of my face
>see people ahead, imeadiately change directions to be alone
Why is life so hard? I can't even go out at all during the daytime. Do you think there is something wrong with me robros?
>>
Who /daywalking/ here? I love walking, it's such a nice activity. I live in the beautiful countryside so other than the odd car or cyclist passing by once every few minutes I am totally alone taking in the fresh air and the view and the peace and quiet.

I'd like to try a nightwalk one day but I'm pretty afraid of some malicious strangers doing something bad to me while I'm in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>27720925

Working on my strength, so in regards to strength I'm making great gains. I don't care about size at all, all i care about is strength.
>>
File: 1134 - hTRyV42.jpg (82 KB, 580x563) Image search: [Google]
1134 - hTRyV42.jpg
82 KB, 580x563
I can't even nightwalk anymore after a bad experience I had with it

>5am, walking home from my enjoyable trip
>Suddenly a fucking gang of girls starts coming down the street
>They all stop talking and look at me
>I am kind of fat, ugly, so probably they were distracted
>Hear one of them say 'what the fuck is this guy doing?'
>decide to try and give an answer
>"I am having a night walk... walking my KNIGHT!"
>pretend to be holding a leash
>pretend something is pulling me forward
>"woah ladies, got to gg-g-g-o, he must have seen a dragon that needs slaying"
>run for maybe 1 mile pretending a knight on a leash is pulling me
>too afraid to go back out in case I see them again

Jesus everything gets ruined.
>>
>>27721377
11/10 humor anon, it's just too bad it wasn't for them.
>>
File: night.png (556 KB, 1280x570) Image search: [Google]
night.png
556 KB, 1280x570
>>27720504
Nightwalk master race.

I havent in a while but it's great stuff

>got invited to an 18th of an old kindergarten friend
>his brother walks me home because he doesnt want to be around his family while still drunk (bad relations)
>he vents a bit, lucked out and is doing life hard mode, wants his parents to divorce
>some dipshit up the street starts yelling, wants a fight
>jog down dead end because we heard a party, turns out its across the valley
>remember a kid I used to hang with lives at the bottom of the street
>climb fence and hang in his backyard for twenty minute and keep chatting quietly
He was really nice to my parents though. I hope all goes well for him (and I hope he doesnt browse /r9k/; he has more right than a cyborg like me)

Who /nightwalk with others/, or at least has in the past? It's a nice experience, without the fear of being bashed.
>>
>>27720872
>I prefer running, because i ran all my life and played sports like soccer and cricket
are you me?
>I also did swimming as well and cross country.
I guess not. Sprinter who dislikes swimming. Sandcastle master race......
>>
>>27721377
getting mugged would be a bad experience. thats just meeting harmless strangers and saying shit. Like 4chan.
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>27721377
I DONT ACTUALLY BELEVE IT
>>
>tfw sun is already coming up

fuck, I don't know how I missed this nights walk :(
>>
>Go for a nighwalk a couple years ago
>It's winter and snowing a lot, pretty nice setting
>Sit down on a bus stop bench while messing with a playlist on phone
>Cop car drives up "Hey, there's no buses at this time"
>I explain I'm just out walking around
>"At this time? That's a little strange isn't it?"
>...
>"So and so crime happened a little while a go just up the road...you didn't have anything to do with that did you?"
>Explain I wasn't aware something happened
>"Alright....well take it easy" drives off
>Sort out my playlist, walk for a little more and then go home

It pissed me off a little that it was considered strange I was walking alone, whereas if a bunch or normies were out together nothing would be said about it.
>>
>>27722073
This happened to me and a friend before, we were up all night walking the streets. it was like 4am and the cop pulls up and asks us where we're going

>say we're headed to Subway
>>
>>27721377
Impossible. That's like active, intentional autism.
>>
>>27721377
You sound like a creep
>>
>>27722073
The cop is trying to determine if you were involved in a crime. If you reacted badly to "its a bit strange?", he may have been suspicious
>>
>>27722208
In all honesty I don't think there really was a crime, I think he was more looking to try and stick me with something. (I'm not one of these fuck the police people, I reckon they do do a good job a lot).

I don't think I reacted badly to his comment of "it's a bit strange", I was just taken a back a bit by it
>>
I do. But we have no street lights where i live so it's very dark. I ran into some skater kids around 4am smoking weed and joined them. We meet up every friday at 4am and just chill out. It's the most social interaction i've had in years. I'm gonna be pretty sad when they move out of my neighborhood.
>>
>>27722257
sounds chill. I don't smoke weed but i'd totally do this
>>
Not walk but I used to like driving at night because I had just gotten a CD player in my car and I was listening to all of the music I ever wanted to I would robotrip a lot or smoke some of that ganj while driving because it was the only time I could since I still live with my parents at the time now I hate driving
>>
>>27722290
>robotrip
cough medicine, right?
>>
Used to love walking at night until I got harassed by a crackhead, shame because I wouldn't have expected it out of the neighbourhood I live in.
>>
>>27720504
Around midnight I walk to this cliff overlooking a massive valley. On a clear night, you can see the stars really well, and so I spend around 1-2 hours just looking into space and thinking. Only problem is that it's a popular tourist destination, so there's often a few people there. If so, I'll just go home and come back in an hour or two.
>>
>>27722327
Yeah like NyQuil or Robitussin
>>
>>27720935

i know that feel bro.. it gets better!

http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2014/12/stop-socially-awkward-pt-1/
>>
>>27720504
Can't.
>tfw paranoid
>>
>>27720504
No use for me.
>Only lights from houses
>Nothing pretty to look at
>The sea is pitch black
>Temp 5 degrees
>>
>>27722486

Sounds a pretty nice place to sit and reflect on stuff. You take any pictures of it?
>>
File: 1454707827052.jpg (34 KB, 192x279) Image search: [Google]
1454707827052.jpg
34 KB, 192x279
>tfw a friend caught me walking late at night alone and asked where the fuck was I going
>>
File: 2015-05-22 20.13.20.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-22 20.13.20.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>27721555
Those kind of nightwalks are the best, the kind where you just vent about shit. Had many back in the day with my mate.

>at a friends party
>both decide to go out for a walk because the nightwalk vibes > parties
>end up walking pretty fast for about an hour to neighboring town, ends up taking us about another hour to get back
>get up to shenanigans, talk shit about things we see, nearly get into a fight also
>when we get back everyone is confused as to why we decided to fuck off for about two hours, said we missed everything
>tfw you will never again have long walks at night with your best mate figuring out your problems

Feels bad. They helped a fucking lot.
>>
>>27720613
Night is the only time to run during the summer. Running in the daytime is a sure sign of a casual.
>>
>Tfw want to get a dash cam so I can go on nightdrives, record them and then watch them back when I feel the need to
>Tfw talk to myself and am worried about hearing my autistic voice on cam
>>
>>27720613
I do my running only when that niggers persue me in the night...
>>
>>27722673
I wish I had a decent camera to do so. Any pictures I take on my phone are shit. But even if I could, pictures wouldn't really do it justice. Because of the elevation, the entire sky becomes a dome, and there's almost zero light pollution, which means you can see the Milky Way perfectly.
>>
File: clothes.jpg (15 KB, 180x292) Image search: [Google]
clothes.jpg
15 KB, 180x292
>>27720504
I do but the police keep fucking with me because they think I'm going to steal shit or something. I'm not even black, I'm white and dress casually. I've never stolen anything walking around at night. It's just that everyone here never goes out at night and everyone wears expensive clothes so I guess I'm suspicious.
>>
>>27722073
>It pissed me off a little that it was considered strange I was walking alone, whereas if a bunch or normies were out together nothing would be said about it.

yeah, as if everyone is supposed to be at home at night and watch tv.. fucking sheeps
>>
>>27722689
Holy shit anon, I don't even know what to say. I've never had an experience like that, but I can definitely relate to /comfy/ talks with friends late at night. 2:00 AM Skype calls with friends are great for emotional bonding, though. Times where we'd talk about our aspirations, fears and experiences, as well as embarrassingly schoolboyish topics like experiences with the opposite sex, etc.
>>
Can you share your comfy/nightwalk/ playlists ?

This instrumental for me : https://youtu.be/_UoJAMHN49A
>>
I love walking about at night but if I did it where I live atm I'd prolly get mugged or stabbed, people keep getting jumped or raped all down the streets near me.

When I'm home for summer I go out at night more since it's bumfuck no where, love taking shrooms and going for a wander.
>>
>>27722883
Wear birkenstocks or tevas. Then wear earth tones. Nobody in sandals and earth tones steals anything. Plus birks and tevas are comfy to walk distances in.
>>
File: 1459413183632.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459413183632.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
I really envy anyone that can do this without having to worry about ghetto trash wanting to rob you.
>>
I used to do night walks until police ambushed me at gunpoint mistaking me for someone else
had me lay in a half frozen puddle until all 6 or so cop cars showed up
ended up finding the guy or getting a description because they let me go minutes after throwing me in a car
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.