[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to become a soldier, but I have schizophrenia. My psychiatrist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: pepe_paranoid.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
pepe_paranoid.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
I want to become a soldier, but I have schizophrenia. My psychiatrist and the psychiatrists at psych ward know this, but I don't think anyone else knows this.

Do you think if I lie on questions when getting tested if I am fit is going to put me in trouble?
>>
>>27718959
I am pretty sure when you get diagnosed your psychiatrist automatically put it in some database that can be pulled up for background checks.
>>
>>27718976
Are you for real? So I can't be a soldier now or what? Aren't medical records personal?
>>
Same desu. It was a misdiagnosis and I was committed against my will from a mild drug induced psychosis I was supplementing with exercise. I had so much hope for military being a springboard into my future dream career.

Now my dreams are crushed. It's obviously an immediate DQ. A little something like mild depression seeing a psych is on thing to lie about, but bein committed to a mental hospital is another. ill never forgive my normie parents for doing that to me .
>>
>>27718997
Not only do you have schizophrenia but you're also an idiot
>>
>>27719229
I am most certainly not an idiot.
Data from psych ward is private and no one sees it except those that I sign a release and let them. I let my psychiatrist see those documents., but didn't let the family doctor see them.

I didn't know a psychiatrist would make it a public record.
>>
>>27718959

why did you let doctors find out about your schizophrenia?
>>
>>27719684
>Data from psych ward is private and no one sees it except those that I sign a release and let them.

Nope. On those forms, they usually have a section where they explain the data is not private when national security is at stake.

Plus, how are you gonna get through training without your psych meds?
>>
File: _20160408_104829.jpg (633 KB, 1079x1510) Image search: [Google]
_20160408_104829.jpg
633 KB, 1079x1510
OP are you British or American?

This is a list of medical conditions that bar you from armed forces service, look at psychiatric disorders.
>>
No they cant see it, only if you were suicidal I think.
But dont you take meds?
How are you going to take them inside the army unnoticed?
>>
>>27719995
>>27720166
I stop taking them, it's that easy.

>>27720128
I checked already. If you have schizophrenia you get denied.
>>
>>27720225
dont you go crazy if you dont take them tho?
>>
>>27720264
I am delusional, yes, but it's not that big of a deal. Today when I was on my bike I yelled "kill yourself normies" out loud and kept talking to myself but other than that I am fine.

I can keep my cool with people.
>>
What if you don't take your meds and the symptoms come back.
>>
>>27720472
They are already back, heheheheehe.
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>>27718959
>tfw I'm going to get conscripted this year despite being fat and in bad shape

The doctor doing my medical examination saw my records from when I was in a loony bin for two weeks. I do recall having to sign a form in the facility that basically let them do that though.

It was basically just a psychological reevaluation and they didn't diagnose me with anything, but she did ask me if I had some form of anxiety. I don't.
>>
>>27718959
If they find out when you're in basic training, they'll give you a dishonorable discharge and I would get court martialled or at least that was what I was told at MEPS but I got permantly disqualified anyway
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.