[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw drinking and watching Star Wars: The Meme Awakens because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: swm.jpg (6 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
swm.jpg
6 KB, 311x162
>tfw drinking and watching Star Wars: The Meme Awakens because you couldn't imagine doing it sober
It's actually pretty entertaining, but in the way I expect a cheesy 90's scifi to be entertaining. So much wasted money on visual effects.

Admittedly, the writing really isn't too far out-of-line with the original trilogy.

Come here, friends, share with me your opinions on the awakening meme. Major trigger warning for spoilers, of course, and I'll try to keep my cynic privileges in check as well.
>>
File: rj.png (767 KB, 1284x638) Image search: [Google]
rj.png
767 KB, 1284x638
>>27717963
>you looked at me like no one ever had
Christ almighty you fucking retard, that's because you were all wearing the goddamn masks, any facial expression is new to you cucklord.
>>
>>27717963
She just said "You have to go back." Christ.

Trump propaganda film confirmed.
>>
File: lpm.png (468 KB, 774x509) Image search: [Google]
lpm.png
468 KB, 774x509
>>27718970
>he's been in low power mode
goddamn this is the cringiest shit I've ever heard. These movies are gonna be absolute hipster gold of future generations.
>>
>>27719042
I hated that so much. I can understand Leia's change since she has a bit of force, but droids can't sense anything . And why is it that R2 happened to have every piece except that one BB-8 had?
>>
>>27717963
My problems amount to

>Phasma overhyped to be obviously fake-killed and reappear in the next movie
>Rei had great silent characterization and became a Mary Sue as soon as she got dialogue
>too much pottery
>R2 waking up because he realized the plot needed him
>the ending going on five minutes too long, should have ended with Rei and Chewy getting into the Falcon

Other than that I really enjoyed it honestly, people who think it'll be seen the same way as Phantom Menace someday are too cynical
>>
File: hf.png (936 KB, 1581x638) Image search: [Google]
hf.png
936 KB, 1581x638
>>27719122
>And why is it that R2 happened to have every piece except that one BB-8 had?
They just don't give a fuck anymore, I guess. Jesus christ, the plot device could be "Darth Vader was brought back to life with love and then killed by female empowerment" and the box office sales wouldn't be an ounce lower.

It's so weird though, it has all the hallmarks of a cheesy scifi but the budget/special-effects of the latest Avengers film.
>>
I don't know. Whenever I watch star wars I care about the characters. No this time, only for chewie.
>>
>>27719214
>Ben's nigger lips
Han got cucked.
Leia confirmed for #BLACKED
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.