[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for good animu. never really been into it, been a filthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: l_death_note_1337.jpg (19 KB, 258x388) Image search: [Google]
l_death_note_1337.jpg
19 KB, 258x388
Looking for good animu. never really been into it, been a filthy casual my whole life. I'll rate the ones I've seen so far and you should give me recommendations (scale 1-10, 1 being horrible, 10 being really good. 10/10 does not mean best anime ever created ever, just that I really liked it) Here's what I've seen so far:
Death Note- got really into it, loved the suspense, short and sweet and gripping.10/10
Tatami galaxy- Loved the concept, a bit hard to follow, like the unique artistic style, plot twist was noyce. 9/10
Monster- interesting story, bit too long, didn't like the art but maybe thats a sign of the times. 6/10
Howl's moving castle- funny, light hearted, imaginative. have also seen other miyazaki films 8/10
Patema inverted - loved the concept, great execution, good art 9/10
5 centimeters per second - amazing art, cute story. I've also seen some other film by the same studio I think which was about a student who makes shoes. I really liked that one too. not sure of what the studio name is tho. 10/10

I'm sure I've seen more but those are the ones that stick out the most in my memory. I spent a good amount of time hanging around weebs last semester so I've been exposed to a good amount. Gimmie recommendations robots.
>>
>>27717550
WATCH NEON GENESIS EVANGELION IT'S THE MOST ROBOT ANIME OUT THERE
>>
File: 19.jpg (160 KB, 704x1048) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
160 KB, 704x1048
>>27717550
I fucking love Ryuuzaki and Raito
>>
>>27717550
watch the first arc of berserk
"another" is a cool ghost mystery
there are better ones but i forget their names

Tokyo ghoul is good however i recommend reading the manga rather than watching the anime.
>>
>>27717593
is the deathnote man-gay worth reading?
>>
>>27717594
Don't watch Berserk, read all of it.
Tokyo Ghoul kind of sucks.

Watch:
No Game No Life
Ghost in the Shell
Bokurano
Kaiba
Texhnolyze
Wolf's Rain
Darker Than Black (Only first season and OVA, season 2 is garbage)
Gunbuster (NOT Diebuster holy shit)
Gunslinger Girls
FLCL
Cowboy Bebop
Big-O
>>
forgot to mention have also seen cowboy beebop. 10/10
>>
File: 1.jpg (80 KB, 750x1096) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
80 KB, 750x1096
>>27717619
I'd say it's worth it.
I prefer manga over anime tho, but I can see why the anime is loved
>>
Bleach - long ass
Hellsing ova - badass
Soul eater - bit weird at first
Corpse party - short
Hirugashi - scary sheet

I could name more :)
>>
>>27717550
I have similar taste except I didn't like 5 centimeters a second (sorry it was just boring). I don't really watch anime anymore but you might like Paranoia Agent or Another. Maaaybe Higurashi but it doesn't really get interesting until like 5 episodes in and also the art kinda sucks.
>>
File: 3986723948.png (101 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
3986723948.png
101 KB, 500x281
>steins; gate
Egomaniac and his neckbeard friend accidentally build a time machine, evil organization tries to take it and he has to go back in time to prevent a tragedy.

>code geass
Mecha show, kind of kiddy. Still worth watching. Has a similar protagonist to Death Note.

>paranoia agent
Mysterious attacker is plaguing a city. Mostly non-linear; follows the lives of several people. Deals with themes like mental illness and, well, paranoia.

>serial experiments lain
Science fiction about a girl who can travel through cyber space.

The last two are pretty 2deep4u so you might want to save them until later.

And the movie about the shoemaker is called Garden of Words.
>>
>>27717550

If you like Miyazaki movies, then you should watch Mamoru Hosoda's movies. He made The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children, and The Boy and The Beast. They're all very good. I don't know how you feel about torrenting, but you'll have to torrent The Boy and The Beast unless you want to wait for the BD release.
>>
>>27717550
watch Samurai Champloo dude it's fucking great
>>
File: are one.jpg (280 KB, 850x1152) Image search: [Google]
are one.jpg
280 KB, 850x1152
>>27717645
>no Serial Experiments Lain
Otherwise a good list.
>>
>No JJBA
Normie anime is best anime
>>
>>27717734
Code Geass is entry-level pleb shit. Don't recommend it in the same breath as Lain, you fucking scum.
>>
Ano Hana - Feels train, choo choo!
Fate Zero+UBW - Hack n Slash
HxH - asdfjkl
Spice&Wolf - Feel good(???)

Should keep you entertained for awhile
>>
>>27717550
>giving Monster a 6/10
>rating Death Note higher than Tatami Galaxy
>rating Death Note higher than Monster
>rating fucking Patema Inverted higher than Howl's Moving Castle

you are absolute trash and your taste is shallow and uncultured
>>
>in ironically rating death note above tatami galaxy

You were right about having shit tastes.
>>
File: tumblr_m0accvbthq1qfxv5io1_1280.png (259 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0accvbthq1qfxv5io1_1280.png
259 KB, 1024x768
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 110 episodes with no filler whatsoever, every episode is important to the plot, massive cast of memorable characters, well developed lore, immersing story quotability up the ass, GOAT soundtrack, is one of the few "smart" anime out there
A lot of talking though
>>
>>27718196
inb4 tumblr filename
>>
>>27717575
Eva is a waste of time
>>
My favorite are Bakuman, Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, and Hibike Euphonium. I watch a lot of anime and realize afterwards I didn't actually like it.
>>
>>27717984
>This show is popular so you're not allowed to like it
Also this is a recommendation thread. OP said he liked Death Note, Code Geass has similarities to Death Note, so he might like that too. Sorry not everyone wants to circle jerk over 2deep4u anime, some people like different things.
>>
>>27717550
Welcome to the NHK, it didn't cure my depression but it sure as shit contributed to making me realize I had to change things.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes for the feels and philosophy also cool ships shooting at each other

Hunter x Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho for good action shonen.

Boogiepop Phantom to get spooked

Bokura ga Ita for high school bullshit feels.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for FABULOUS shit and great imaginative fights

Excaflowne because if you ignore the romantic bullshit and sometimes incoherent plot details it's the closest thing to a Final Fantasy anime ever done.
>>
>>27717550
Name of the studio is Comix Wave Films, really great studio
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.