[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else scared of death? The emptiness that follows is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 6ad.jpg (17 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
6ad.jpg
17 KB, 209x241
Is anyone else scared of death? The emptiness that follows is terrifying
>>
Just because it's such a foreign concept. I hope I go quick and don't even notice it at the time.
>>
Yes, because I know the "afterlife" is a meme and so is reincarnation

inb4 fedora pictures
>>
>>27716931
I'm scared of coming back and having to do this all again. God forbid I come back as an African or Indian or something equally atrocious.
>>
File: 1307924857100.jpg (14 KB, 237x233) Image search: [Google]
1307924857100.jpg
14 KB, 237x233
>>27717090
>he thinks reincarnation is real
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (35 KB, 436x484) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
35 KB, 436x484
I am, but it isn't as bad as when I was a kid.
I was pretty much unable to go to sleep from the fear.
I'd stay up and smash ice cream sandwiches into my face until I'd pass out at 4-5 am.
>>
>>27717138
I never said that, I said I'm scared of the possibility. It's as much a possibility as anything else.
>>
>>27716931
Tbqh I dont. Its just like sleeping except you're not waking up, like an eternal period of peaceful bliss and complete rest. Empty, yes, but you wont have a brain to even notice this emptiness, just like a statue or any other equally lifeless thing can't notice their own "emptiness".

Besides, considering how troublesome my life is, death really sounds like the ideal panaceia for my all my problems.
>>
>>27716931

I'll be there soon.

I just want to sleep.
>>
I used to be, but now the thought of non-existence makes me giddy.
>>
>>27717203
>Its just like sleeping except you're not waking up, like an eternal period of peaceful bliss and complete rest
But you don't know that, no one does. Of course that seems like the logical conclusion, but life isn't very logical in the first place. You can't say with any certainty that death is nothingness.
>>
>>27717245
Without a brain, what is left? Everything we experience is just a product of our brain and without one, how can we experience anything?
>>
File: 1459979542598.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459979542598.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>27717275
>Without a brain, what is left? Everything we experience is just a product of our brain and without one, how can we experience anything?
But this is a bad thing. I like experiencing things. I don't want to stop.
>>
File: bort.png (324 KB, 617x551) Image search: [Google]
bort.png
324 KB, 617x551
It's weird. Something in my head just made nihilism "click" when I stepped into my car to commute back home from uni. Like I never used to understand how people could make it into a positive thing. Now it's just sort of a feeling I've got, like power, and becoming an egomaniac, and some weird sense of freedom. Like I'm becoming an ubermensch without doing anything special.
>>
>>27717510
you just made me sad as hell man
>>
>>27717275
I like to think we transcend somewhere somehow, I know it's illogical. This is the same thought process that brought about religion and such. Nothingness is probably the most logical conclusion humans are going to come to in the next couple centuries. I honestly doubt were going to figure out what happens though. It's a pretty nice thought to think our conscious ceases to exist since it's only a fabrication of our brains and when our brains shutdown our conscience goes as well. I'm trying my best to avoid sounding like a fedora.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.