[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I go to my friends going away party?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (553 KB, 678x718) Image search: [Google]
image.png
553 KB, 678x718
My friend that I've had since grade school just invited me to some party he's throwing before leaving the state
I feel obliged to go because we were besties all of our life until high school
I know if I go I'll be around a load of people I don't want to be around and I doubt he'll hang around me
If I don't go it be a huge slap in his face and I'd look like a giant tool
I don't know if he knows how humiliated I'd be if I attended a social event
>>
Maybe you can meet up with him afterwards or beforehand and say good bye personally?
>>
>>27715090
Just go and embrace the discomfort.
>>
You're a normalfag, I don't care.

I hope your friend gets cancer in his brain and dies.
>>
>>27715158
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ii6qKfElLJA
>>
Just fucking go man. You've been good friends since grade school, and he's leaving the state. Do you not have any real loyalty?
>>
>>27715090

Go to the party and then cry about being a sperg on the drive home.
>>
Just go, say hi to him, and leave unless he keeps talking. Make sure to take a selfie or photo while there and post it on some social media to make it look like you cared a lot.
>>
Go.

Just be ready to experience a mix of emotions.

>Nostalgia, having warm feelings of how you two were close back in the day. A couple conversations about "Remember when..." and "We should do that again sometime!" Though this doesn't last very long...

>As his new friends watch and listen to everything you say about him, the other feelings of jelousy and anger begin to surface. From seeing how much he had achieved and done without you being around to celebrate that victory with him. Also, the many(or a few) friends he replaced you with over the years while you were outgrown, used and abused.

If you decide to go, don't get too attached as he is not the same person he once was but nevertheless, don't forget the memories you had. In other words, don't drink too much alcohol.

>Pay him a visit
>Talk
>Leave before the whole thing ends

Maybe give him a call right before he leaves and tell him 'it's not that personal'. But it actually is
>>
If he truly is your friend, then you shouldn't hesitate thinking about it

do what >>27716878 says
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.