[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't women talk about subjects in a broad or abstract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1432946988408[1].jpg (88 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1432946988408[1].jpg
88 KB, 1280x850
Why can't women talk about subjects in a broad or abstract sense?

Every time I talk to a woman about news, politics, sociology, philosophy, history, or even popular opinions she always wants to make it about me or her.

You can say something like
>"the millennials were all taught you were a failure if you settled for merely passing on your genes"

and a woman will always a have a response like
>"Well, why don't you do this X thing and maybe you can meet a girl?"

They always deflect discussion towards personal subjects. Where does this come from?

Females reading this: it's not helping. Don't do this. Don't change the subject. Keep it light. Keep it impersonal.
>>
File: monkey_facepalm.jpg (34 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
monkey_facepalm.jpg
34 KB, 300x306
>>27714211
this is sadly true most of the time
>think girls are into nature and animals, that sort of stuff, because most of them like pets
>be talking to a girl about some mind-blowing facts about certain marine animals, their basic anatomy and what makes them special in the animal kingdom
>basic biology stuff I've watched in documentaries and read in books, some damn interesting shit
>replies with something along the lines of "wow, that's pretty cool, guess I should stop watching so much of the kardashians and watch some documentaries"
>mfw she actually replied that, I shit you not
>10 seconds later starts talking about who is dating who and stupid dating bullshit with me and some other girl sitting near her
>mfw she managed to change the topic so quickly like she wasn't interested in the first place
>mfw one of the few things she cares about are the kardashians and dating
>>
>>27714613
You were talking about fucking marine animals to a stacy you dumbshit? This is autistic as fuck.
>>
>>27714677
forgot to mention we were in a biology class
my bad
>>
Another thing relevant to this thread

>sitting around with normalfags
>one of them starts to get a bit philosophical
>makes dumb statements that have easily seen severe consequences
>contradicts themselves
>reverses their position
>ends with "I don't know, it is what it is"
>>
>>27714211
It well known as a traits among women.
It is called Narcissism.
>>
>>27715327
You know, there's one woman I know who doesn't exhibit this: my 80 year old grandmother.

She can discuss all the above named subjects as long as you care to, and keeps it detached the whole time. Maybe it's a generational thing.
>>
Look up polls of what men & women find most important politically. The #1 issue for men is the economy and the #1 issue for women is abortion. Fucking Christ.
>>
>>27715358
I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.
>>
File: Stwikehimcentuwian.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Stwikehimcentuwian.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>27714211
I have posted this a few times, but it is one of my very few interactions with people (of whom even fewer are women), so here goes.

>at lake with family
>Stacy cousin brought her Stacey friends
>left alone with them
>this consists of me reading a book about Roman history while they sit around talking about pointless shit like the weather
>they suddenly start talking about alcohol
>weirdly, one of them starts bugging me, asking what I am reading (or, rather, trying to read, since they were making too much noise)
>tell them
>start asking me about Roman drinking habits
>of all the questions about Ancient Rome, you tards picked the most pointless one
>actually tell them in like a ten minute rant
>they look deeply concerned
>realize I just spilled Roman spaghetti everywhere
>just go downstairs and read, avoiding them for the rest of the week
>>
>>27714211
What do you mean by broad or abstract? Just listing off definitions at each other?
>>
you're only talking to younger women and stupid women

imagine trying to talk to a flamboyant gay guy who bases all of his decisions off of how he feels. don't talk with women who intertwine their beliefs and values with their feelings. logical women are out there.
>>
>>27715537
>you're only talking to younger women and stupid women

This is mostly true. I don't know any successful women, and the odd encounters I have with them are brief.
>>
>>27715535
I mean discussing things in a impersonal manner. >"Sugar may be the smoking gun of the nation's obesity crisis, not fat as previously believed"
>"ahh, you're not obese!"
(actually I am but that is another matter)

It's as if any statement you make, no matter how broad, is always understood by women to be a reflection upon the person speaking it, or the person being spoken to.

>"I am unconvinced by the claim a universal basic income will lead to the population to continue to work when they are not required to."
>"Wellllll I'M not LAZY. Do you see all these projects I do all the time. Let me list them..."
>>
>>27716224
This did not greentext properly
>"Sugar may be the smoking gun of the nation's obesity crisis, not fat as previously believed"
>>
>>27715278
hahahahaha normies are so fucking dense and shallow
>>
File: 99 KB.png (99 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
99 KB.png
99 KB, 250x232
>>27715278
>"Why don't we just nuke Iran?"
>>
I think this is mostly a phenomenon with people who don't know anything about the topic trying to participate in the conversation.
If I say "the economy would improve if xyz" and you have no idea if I'm right or not, most likely you're going to say something like "the economy has been bad lately huh? My portfolio..." Cause that's all you know about

Women know about nothing
>>
>>27714211
>women wants to talk about you or her

It's called attraction nigga, she is curious about you because she is attracted to you or wants to present herself to you by talking about her.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.