[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I pick strawberries for a living. On a good day I can do about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
I pick strawberries for a living. On a good day I can do about 80 boxes or market crates. That's about $100/day. Any other robots here work agriculture?
>>
How many hours a day does it take?
>>
I work at a place that freezes organic vegetables
>>
Do you eat the Strawberries when no one's looking?
>>
>>27713840

Where can I get a job like this in Oregon
>>
File: RAWberry.png (102 KB, 277x348) Image search: [Google]
RAWberry.png
102 KB, 277x348
Sounds like a good job, but I probably wouldn't be able to do it because of muh scoliosis.
Where do you live OP?
>>
sounds comfy if the weather is right
>>
>>27713988
Probably around 8 hours
>>
you scared of being replace by robots?
>>
File: original-1.jpg (27 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
original-1.jpg
27 KB, 720x368
>>27713840
>Build your goddamn muscles, huh? You know, you could build your muscles picking strawberries. You know, bend and scoop... like the Mexicans
>>
>>27714243

That's not so bad. How are your working conditions? Do you get adequate breaks? Are your back and knees fucked up yet?
>>
>>27714309
I'm not OP but I know how agriculture works, since I live in a country where agriculture is important.

You can have 4 breaks in 1 day, the lunch time is 1 hour.
And at the end of the day your back will be fucked up
>>
>>27713840
You type real good for a wetback
>>
>>27713988
If you're really good, you can start at 6:00 AM and be out by noon. But being a slow and autistic fuck, I usually work 8hrs like
>>27714243 said.
>>27714309
It's by contract, or by piece, meaning the more crates you do, the more money you make. If you can't make it on contract than they just pay you hourly.
>>27714258
Strawberries are really delicate to pick, so no.
>>27714214
California
>>27714175
In Oregon they do apples, I know co-workers who once the strawberry season is over, head over to Oregon to harvest apples.
>>27714141
No, not anymore. I used to when I was younger.
>>27714103
So you work at a cooler?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.