[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think about SMB3? I ask because I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Super_Mario_Bros_3.jpg (89 KB, 700x982) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Bros_3.jpg
89 KB, 700x982
What does /r9k/ think about SMB3? I ask because I don't like it very much, and on /v/ and /vr/ I often see it considered the best of them all. I never understood all the love for it though. I think the auto scrolling airship stages at the end of each world are slow and boring as fuck, and there's too many silly powerups. The game feels like it has less of a focus on fun physics on more on just having as much shit as possible.
>>
>>27713191
It is the best you ingrate faggot
>>
>>27713191
It's literally the best Mario game ever made.

You are probably one of those babyfags that like the heaping pile of shit known as Super Mario World. SMW isn't even a real Mario game plus it's art direction and music is totaly shit.
>>
I like it, but I prefer Super Mario World personally.
You really can't go wrong with any 2D Mario platformer.
>>
>>27713191
Literally the GOAT Mario game and it isn't close.
>>
>>27713234
The best Mario game is clearly Super Mario 64.

Anyone who disagrees with me is a fag.
>>
>>27713191
It's comfy but also frustrating as fuck, and very nerve wracking
>>
>>27713191

i agree that mario 3 was very good and may be even the best nes game of all times.

if i had to pick my personal one i would probably choose mario world though
>>
>>27713289
That's because it actually had some challenging level design at times. None of that simplistic hand holding shit the ones after it had. It's the best smb by a mile.
>>
>>27713275
Mario 64 marked the beginning of when Mario turned to shit.

At least Super Mario 3D World fixed all the major issues plaguing the 3D titles and ended the streak of shit.
>>
>less focus on fun physics

Are... are you sure you played SMB3?

All the "shit" you got definitely played on fun physics.
>>
>>27713333
>being this much of a hipster
Mario 64 is great. Suck my dick.
>>
File: reee.jpg (3 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
3 KB, 228x221
>SMW fags please leave

reeeeeeee
>>
>>27713388
I didn't say it was entirely bad, it simply was the beginning of the downward spiral.
>>
>>27713333
Nice quads, but no, Super Mario Sunshine was the last good Mario game.
>>
Try not to nostalgia to this shit, I dare you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VAqwbtqfs
>>
>>27713420
NO~

lmao originarino
>>
>>27713465
I replay SMB3 every couple of years so no nostalgia here.
>>
>>27713432
I fucking hated Sunshine, it felt like a spin-off with the whole water pack bullshit.

Galaxy felt the same way, like the game was designed first and they slapped Mario on it so it would sell.

3D World actually felt like I was playing a Mario game.
>>
>>27713191
A decent game.
One of the best Mario Games there is.
I prefer The Lost Level though.
>>
>>27713549

Sunshine was bad but not terrible, wind wanker at the time was far worse. also pokemon ruby. what was it with water in nintendo games at the time? it was fucking everywhere.

Mario 64 is very good. played both galaxy games but they never gave me the feel i got from 64
>>
>>27713191

People like the tons of powerups and different worlds and ideas for stages, you don't...that's the difference
>>
I like the All-Stars version. It looks pretty and has a nice soundtrack.
The lack of backgrounds in the NES version make me sad.
I like it more than SMW, but I love them both.
>>
>>27713191
Inferior to SMW and SM3DW. Also inferior to the DKC trilogy.

Fight me.
>>
>>27713820
>bringing DKC into this
not even fair
>>
>>27713191

8/10, nice colors, decent difficulty level. It's been many years though.

The thing that really sucks about the original NES trilogy in general is how they didn't have save/password functions, so any time you want to go to the dank (and dangerous) as hell pipe/piranha World 7, you have to grind and maybe warp a bit if you want to shortcut. Takes a while. Suddenly, I"m also fondly remembering the sky world 5.

I prefer Super Mario World, because you can 1) save, and 2) you can actually /perfect/ your save, and it gives you a cute star when you're done. In the original game pak though there's no copy function on saves, so if you want to have a perfect game pak you have to literally do it 3 times over on the save slots.

Everything that this person >>27713234 has said is wrong.

Mario games actually played and beaten during my lifetime:
SMB1,2,3, SMW, SM64, SMKart, SML1,2,3(Wario Land). Around the time of SM64, I started to lose interest. I had a number of friends who loved SMKart 64, but I never got into it.
>>
>>27713904
If you got Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES, it has the NES trilogy (plus lost levels) and saves at the beginning of each world.
>>
>>27713333

Literally all the main 3D Mario games are amazing
>>
>>27714397
Maybe for a tasteless kiddo like you
>>
smb3 is overrated super mario world and original super mario bros are the best
>>
>>27713465

>world map 4

So simple....yet so beautiful
>>
>>27713191
I liked SMB 2 best, the one where you throw vegetables and shit. SMB 3 is better than first one and Lost Levels, but SMB2 is still better in my opinion.

And, Yoshi's Island is better than any other Mario game every made. Yoshi's Island is a truly underrated classic.

Actually, fuck it, Donkey Kong Country series is better than Mario. I've played Donkey Kong way more than Mario, seriously. Better music, elegant levels, everything.
>>
>>27713191

> Kids born in the late 90's will never appreciate gameplay over graphics, hurr durr goofy power ups.

> Early millenials like myself, recieved this game in 1990 still play it to this day.

> Pixel art is so retro LOL, yet they hate the classics.
>>
>>27713955
Well if we're gonna bring in Super Mario All Stars then we may as well say that All-Stars + World is the best Mario game ever.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.