[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to avoid becoming an orbiter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
Title says it all. There's a girl in one of my classes that I think might be into me? I don't know though; I'm on r9k, you can guess my experience with women.
Anyway we talk lot in class, and we've hung out after class a bit too (doesn't really work because I have another class right after). She usually talks to me instead of her friend next to her, so I guess that's a plus. We get pretty close - like physically close - when we talk, which doesn't seem normal and I think is a plus. She also said she tried to find me on normiebook but could (because I'm not on; take that Zuckerberg).
But we usually talk about class (mostly because I'm retarded and don't know how to talk about shit else). A red flag for me is that she talks about her (male) friends who help her with work. And now she's saying that I should help her study for the next test (I do well, she usually doesn't). She goes to parties, which isn't really a red flag. I've been to a couple myself (who am I kidding, I went to one real party and that was still lowkey. I tell people I've been to a couple and decided it wasn't my thing, but truth is I don't get invited any more - though it really isn't my thing tbqh), and I drink and smoke weed so it's not that I think she's "degenerate" or whatever. It's just a different personality, and it does make me a bit uncomfortable if I'm being honest. She hasn't mentioned a boyfriend, either having or not having, which could mean she's deliberately not bringing it up to make me think there's a chance.

But I also feel like I'm being paranoid. Low self esteem, and this toxic board don't help. I don't know why I'm posting here. I guess I just need to type this out, maybe someone will read it. Not that I expect you to care.

And it kinda makes me feel worse. It's nice, thinking that a girl likes me. But it reminds me how unfamiliar it is, and how I don't know what to do about it, and how fucking autistic I am. Even a good thing makes me sad, that's what so frustrating.
>>
Cut all contact
Literally the only way
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 248x250
Help her "study" and try to fuck her the first or second time. If you dont make a move quick you will end up a beta oribiter. If she rejects you then cut off all contact. If she lets you then fuck her once or maybe a few more times then never speak to her again.
>>
>>27710594
This. Only you can save yourself.
>>
Why is it a red flag for a girl to talk about her male friends
>>
>>27712038
because there's a very good reason why no other woman can stand her at all... RUN OP
>>
>>27710563
just ask her out in a romantic way and make sure she understand its romantic, if she refuses stop all contact with her
>>
>>27714151
Ahahahaha
>implying I know how to ask a girl out
I'll probably help her study and see if it goes anywhere. I'm not gonna orbit but I will help her study. I'm not a literal misogynist so I don't wish any ill on her, but I got too much pride to let myself become someone's orbiter. Don't make someone your one if they'll only make you an option, as they say.
>>
>>27710563
Your current experience sounds a lot like one of mine with this one girl OP. Case in point: she had multiple guy friends that she'd study with, and talks to a dozen guys like that girl talked to you - being all upclose and personal I mean. Turns out she wasn't attracted to me and just kept me around for the slight attention I give her, which I do my very best to keep to an absolute minimum when dealing with girls.

She was only attracted to the attention and time I gave her for the occasional chit chat over breakfast and lunch and study sessions sometimes.

Also, let me tell you OP, a girl with a lot of guy friends is a big red flag because it means that she's probably looking for the chaddiest of chads if she has so many guy friends she's friendzoning. 99.9% of the time girls know when their guy friends are attracted to them, they just won't say anything to keep them around for the attention and validation.

Girls that have a lot of guy friends also tend to throw out more "signs" from my experiences. My guess is that she knows what she's doing and is keeping various guys on her leash by giving them a little bit of "affection" (i.e. like how she gets physically close when she talks to you)

If you want to avoid being a beta orbiter, ask her out the first chance you get. Then you'll know for sure. If she makes excuses, she's not interested, drop her.

That's all the advice I can give you man.
>>
stop falling for the orbiter meme. even if the girl is just a friend and not interested in you, she may eventually introduce you to other female friends. My brother was what you guys would call a chad and he said he loved hanging around fat women for this reason.

Ask her out if you are interested. Keep as a friend if she she's not.
>>
File: 1441510628590.jpg (50 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1441510628590.jpg
50 KB, 480x360
>>27715549
>drop her.
Its not like I'm giving her any of my time. We don't even have each other's numbers - though the thing about facebook was a sign that I'm pretty sure she wants mine. But I think she might just want it to basically have another orbiter on call. Your story sounds pretty similar, yeah. I dunno, I do have an uneasy feeling about it. Like "too good to be true" but that's not quite the right phrase for it, plus that sounds completely pathetic. More like it just sounded like stories I've read on here, like yours, and she seemed to be throwing up all the red flags. When she started talking about her guy friends who help her study is when it clicked and it started to feel like something is wrong there.

But who knows. I have nothing to lose. As long as I'm aware of what I'm doing and have some self-awareness I think it's worth going further with. Can't trust these hoes, man.

>99.9% of the time girls know when their guy friends are attracted to them, they just won't say anything to keep them around for the attention

Yeah I've noticed that. It annoys me to no end when these girls are like "OMG I had no idea you felt that way, sorry but I think of you as a friend." Bitch please. Why are all your friends guys? Because you don't like the 'drama' or they can't stand your shit? You think everyone is eager to help you at the drop of a hat? There are such obvious signs... Of course no one could prove that you knew, but don't fucking play dumb. God, it's so manipulative. Either that or they're so narcissistic that they legitimately were blind to how their friends feel. Which makes them a pretty shitty friend.

Anyway, the ass is fat and she's pretty cute, so proceed cautiously I will. I won't be blinded by the pussy.
>>
File: taco_rice.jpg (254 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
taco_rice.jpg
254 KB, 640x427
>>27715968
I will. I'm not a redpiller, I'm fine being friends with women. But I'd like to be in a serious relationship at some point, and at least get laid. And like I said, I have to much pride to let myself get used. Even if I'd help her study if I wasn't attracted to her or if she was a guy, I don't think I could stand knowing that she thinks it's working on me.

Plus I'm beginning to think I might be attractive. I'm an awful judge of male attractiveness, but at this school which is notoriously difficult for men in the dating scene, I've been approached by random girls (not like 'approached' approached, but they start conversations, compliment me) more often than guys. Too bad I'm socially retarded and wouldn't know what the fuck to do even if a girl straight up said she was interested in me - it's happened before, only once though. So maybe I have a chance, maybe not. It's easier to tell myself I don't care and not think about it.
>>
>>27716349
Even if she says no, she can still be useful (introduce you to friends). I'm glad you didnt fall for the meme.
>>
>>27710563
Okay, she might be into you, you gotta polarize her. Ask her out. If you dont, you'll definetely become an orbiter.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.