[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: colorado-sexting-scandal.jpg (99 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
colorado-sexting-scandal.jpg
99 KB, 940x545
I think I might have gotten myself into a bit of a sexting issue which could get me in trouble with the law. Let me greentext it and see what you guys think.

>I was a 23 year old from State A
>she was a 17 year old from State B
>federal age of consent is obviously 18 years old
>she sends me nude photos (without real solicitation on my part)
>I send her a couple of my dick
>she gets an IRL abusive, jealous bf
>she turns 18
>months pass
>crazy, violent bf learns we're still in touch
>tells my employer that I had been soliciting nude photos and sex from an underage girl and that he could provide proof and testimony from everybody involved
>employer decides to do nothing
>afraid he might try to take alternative action

Basically I have two options.
1. I can do nothing. Absent a response to his email, however, he might try other things like contacting my family or going straight to the cops.

2. I can tell my employer to answer his email and say that they reported it to the authorities and he needn't take further action. But wouldn't it be suspicious when he doesn't hear from the cops? Do I risk him following up with the cops himself and volunteering more damning evidence?

Also, is this even illegal? The ages of consent in both our states is 17. And how does pressing charges work? Could she just decline to cooperate or is it different because she was a minor? Could that decision rest with her parents?

Also, I'd love to snitch on this guy and get her sent to a DV shelter but I'm very afraid of his retaliation.
>>
I feel like it's becoming increasingly clear that I should steer clear and suppress my appetite for revenge.
>>
>>27709540
>receiving nude pictures personally
2normal4me
>>
>>27709540
If age of consent in both of your states is 17 it's not illegal.
She is not considered a minor in her state so if she does not want to press chargers no one can do it for her unless they persuade her.
>>
>>27711030
No, what he wants is age of majority, which in some cases, varies from age of consent. But he should still be fine.
>>
>>27711030
Also each state has different laws so you should read up.
http://mobilemediaguard.com/state_main.html
>>
>>27711083
Age of majority doesn't apply for commiting to sexual actions age of consent does.
>>
>>27711030
But if this is across state lines, wouldn't federal law apply?
>>
>>27711095
That's p outdated, my man.
>>
>>27709540
Pay him a visit OP and break his legs.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.