[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently visited the British museum in London, it's fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: 1428337603413.jpg (114 KB, 593x541) Image search: [Google]
1428337603413.jpg
114 KB, 593x541
I recently visited the British museum in London, it's fucking incredible, but I noticed something odd.

It's exhibits are separated by the general area of the world that they come from first, then within that put in chronological order from ancient artifacts to more modern stuff and even contemporary art.
So you have all the separate halls for each area of the world, the greco-roman bits with these huge amazing mosaics and beautiful marble statues, then the European sections with these awesome viking and germanic fine gold jewelry and art and weapons, then the Egyptian and Assyrian bits with these absolutely mind blowing colossal statues and 20 foot high temple doors taken from a city that was referred to as already ancient in the old testament.

Then you get to the African section

It's quite literally pointed sticks and grass skirts

They have, in a sealed glass case, with lasers and guards to protect it, a carved stick with a stone speartip from the 1700's

The European section has still functioning clocks with built in astrolabes that are that older than that.

Am I missing something, or did the people of Africa just never do anything worthwhile?
>>
>>27707678
I hear that OP, the british museum is based as fuck, it's like a giant catalog of our conquest of the world and all the priceless artifacts we stole
>>
>>27707678
>the demon's penis is complete
cutfags btfo lmao
>>
>>27707678
>tfw no devil dick to slurp
>>
>>27707678
Africans invented modern art, which why you'll see a minimalist approach to function and form made with found materials sculpted and tied together
>>
>>27707678

You should see what's in it's basement, and the basement of the Smithsonian.

Here's a tip.

Dinosaurs (no, not massive fuckers, think of the tiny sandwich eating ones in the first Jurassic park) have and still might, lived until modern times.

Ever wondered why people say they've seen shit, and someone always goes "If they were real, a hunter would have killed one and sent it to a museum"?

They do. But the items "get lost in transit" or "never arrive". But they're really in sealed storage.
>>
>>27708031
The only interesting thing in the section was a throne made from decommissioned AK47's and other guns from the Ugandan civil war

It's not even the lack of technology, it's the lack of technology put into direct context next to artifacts and remnants of civilizations that were infinitely more advanced 4+ thousand years beforehand.
>>
>>27708078
You just don't get modern art
Even africans are too advanced for you
>>
humans were living in africa for 500,000+ years

In the past 5000 years white people have almost destroyed the planet and nuclear holocaust is closer than ever.
>>
>>27708060
Why the fuck do you feel the need to post bullshit like this? What's the purpose on going on 4chan and just spouting off your insane conspiracy theories.

I work at the fucking Smithsonian, and there's no fucking dinosaurs in the basement.
>>
>>27708105
Homo sapiens have only been around for about 100,000 years man, but before that there were other hominids all over the world for like 5 million years or so
>>
>>27708142
prove it
post ID badge or screenshot your email
>>
>>27708105
>nuclear holocaust is closer than ever.
????
what?
yes why would it ever come close to that in the past?
what
how is that surprising?
you should not talk. you should stay quiet forever and not speak.
>>
>>27708142

It's not bullshit.

If I had my notes with me, I'd peel off lots of examples of my claims which you could Google and check out for yourself.

It's quite funny what they keep in them basements.
>>
>>27707893
>implying anyone wants to be cut in the first place
Stop rubbing salt in the wound, jerk.
>>
>>27708142
t. Mr.Shekelstein.
>>
>>27708173
>yes why would it ever come close to that in the past?
that's not the question you should be asking
why would it ever come to that ever?
>>
>>27708105
There's also records of meteorites pelting civilizations every 10-12 thousand years and them having to pick up the pieces and move on elsewhere, we don't even know at what point the pyramids were made for sure anymore.
>>
>>27708157
I don't need to prove it to you. It's just a lie. You are lying. There are no dinosaurs in the basement. Don't even try to find them.
>>
>>27708060
Top kek dude, speaking as someone who did their dissertation at the natural history museum and worked many an hour long into the night sorting and cataloging items, you're retarded

Not to mention that the British museum is culture, not natural history, so they wouldn't be there anyway
>>
>humans were living in africa for 500,000+ years
You mean monkeys?
And how is this relevant again?
>>
>>27707705
This
It's a huge glorious museum of artifacts we stole. The only thing that's regretable about the British Museum is that we didn't steal more. All the shit that ISIS recently destroyed could have been tucked away safely in Britain.
>>
File: 1454736056184.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454736056184.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>27707678
WEEEEE WUZZZZ KANGGGSS
>>
>>27708207

British museum has all sorts. Most of it's on display stuff is cycled. You could go in tomorrow and see one thing, and 3 months later, see something totally new.

They move things from the storage to the displays and back and forth. Only some things in storage aren't seen by the public.
>>
>>27708196
>There are no dinosaurs in the basement
Either
1. You're lying and there are dinosaurs tehre
or
2. You didn't store them in the basement
brb
c u soon
>>
>>27708253
Of course, the amount on display in any large museum is absolutely nothing compared to what's in storage. Hell, in the natural history museum they actively only put the already slightly damaged/bad quality specimens on display as the light and vibrations only damage them further.

All the British museums are places of study first, then public museums after. For any public space there's 20 private labs dedicated to studying and preserving the artifacts.
>>
>>27708253
>You could go in tomorrow and see one thing, and 3 months later, see something totally new
That's how generally all museums work
>>
>>27708142
No you dont, lying faggot.
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>27708207
>someone
>their
>>
>>27708420
Wait, what?

I'm missing something here
>>
File: Idiotbox_Cassidy.jpg (66 KB, 640x549) Image search: [Google]
Idiotbox_Cassidy.jpg
66 KB, 640x549
>>27708440
Raping your own language in such a terrible way. It's retarded enough when you use this dumb ass singular-plural switch on other people, but when it's clearly just you, just say 'his'.
>>
>>27708515
What exactly did I say that wasn't grammatically correct?

Or do you just not like my style of writing?
>>
>>27708558
Can't you read, you fucking moron?
>>
>>27708515
"Their" is still grammatically correct, chill.
>>
>>27708577
Well yeah, but I fail to see the issue other than you not caring for how I structured it.

The use of their is perfectly acceptable as a singular in a case where the use of gender specific pronouns is either irrelevant or impossible, it being the former in this case
>>
>>27708515
>this dumb ass singular-plural switch

But "their" is acceptable and very often used as a singular?

Why are your arbitrary rules for the use of the language the be all and end all?
>>
>>27708599
No, it's not. Someone = singular. Their = plural. How the fuck could that ever be right?

Let me teach you a lesson. When you don't know the gender of that SOMEONE you say 'his or her'; this is singular like the word 'someone'. Even only 'his' would be less retarded than using 'their'.

Stop raping your own fucking language with this utter crap.
>>
>>27708646
Irrelevant, impossible, or unknown. Yes, it's completely grammatically correct, I have no idea what that guy's deal is.
>>
>>27708060

Yeah they are called birds and crocodiles m8
>>
>>27708675
It's acceptable for retards but plain wrong.
>>
>>27708060

The fuck would a museum hide exciting finds though you crazy asshole
>>
>>27708719
>No, it's not. Someone = singular. Their = plural. How the fuck could that ever be right?

>Let me teach you a lesson. When you don't know the gender of that SOMEONE you say 'his or her'; this is singular like the word 'someone'. Even only 'his' would be less retarded than using 'their'.

their
[th air; unstressed th er]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
pronoun
a form of the possessive case of they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun:
their home; their rights as citizens; their departure for Rome.
(used after an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine form his or the definite feminine form her):
Someone left their book on the table. Did everyone bring their lunch?

Are you a native speaker? The use of "their" in that sort of context is perfectly acceptable and very common
>>
>>27708195

Yes we fucking do they literally wrote it down and they dated the fucking rocks to figure out when they got built we know when and who built them and who was buried inside them
>>
>>27708747
>but plain wrong.
except it's not
>>27708780

Are you trolling or just getting autismaly angry over something you're wrong about?
>>
>>27708719
their can also be possessive (as in 'their women' or 'his wife')
>>
Newsflash: Africans never invented shit.

Have you been oblivious to this fact for your entire life?
>>
>>27708780
>>Let me teach you a lesson. When you don't know the gender of that SOMEONE you say 'his or her'

Are you joking? are you actually a native English speaker? where do you come from that you can possibly think that this is true?
>>
>>27707678
There's a reason they got conquered so quickly and easily.
>>
>>27708780
How the fuck can you not see that it's wrong and just use 'his or her' instead of 'their'. Is it that fucking hard?
>>
>>27708833
whoops, meant to quote >>27708719 lol
>>
>>27708848
Okay, this kid is obviously trolling.
>>
>>27708833
That is correct, though.
>>
>>27708848
>How the fuck can you not see that it's wrong and just use 'his or her' instead of 'their'. Is it that fucking hard?

Because it's not wrong? You're making up arbitrary rules and arguing against a literal dictionary entry?

Again, are you actually a native speaker? I can't fathom how you could think that "his or her" is an appropriate thing to use in that context. (sure it's correct, but so is "their", and using "their" in that context is far, far more common and accepted in everyday speech than using the awkward "his or her")
>>
>>27708896
I worded my post badly, I'm not saying that it's wrong to use "his or her", just that it's also just as right (and far more common in everyday language) to use "their".
>>
>>27708833
Just because idiots like you now type crap like that, it doesn't mean it's proper English. I have explained very well why it's wrong, so you can now choose to keep on using this ridiculous singular to plural switch, or actually do it right. Your choice, retard.
>>
>>27708815
This, only those who lie to themselves think otherwise

Does it mean Africans are stupid? I don't know, but a fact is a fact, they didn't invent shit
>>
>>27708941
Again, you fail to realize that the word "their" can be used as an indefinite singular pronoun, hence it was completely correct in the context he used

How do you not understand this? It's not that complicated. That guy literally pasted in the dictionary entry so you could understand it.
>>
>>27708941
Yeah but the thing is that "their" is not necessarily plural, as demonstrated. It can be used as either.
>>
>>27708941
'Their' has become accepted vernacular for a 3rd person gender neutral possessive pronoun. Same with 'them'. Even English style guides have begun to include it. Deal with it.
>>
>>27708941
>I have explained very well why it's wrong

No, you haven't

>ridiculous singular to plural switch

Again, "their" is an indefinite singular pronoun, hence in that context can be used as singular completely correctly

Why are you getting so angry?
>>
>>27707678
As another anon said, our species existed for hundreds of thousands of years in Africa as more or less just another flora or fauna. Alligators have existed for millions of years and they haven't invented shit because they don't need to. Africa is the human homeland, it is the environment we are built for. The natural human lifestyle is that of a nomadic hunter-gatherer. Anything else is a deviation from what we were built for originally. We used our ability to build and make tools to survive in conditions we were not biologically suited for.

Once people started settling down into agricultural societies near bodies of water, like the Egyptians or the Mesopotamians, human culture, literacy, mathematics, and other inventions we now consider the foundations of modern society were developed by humans who no longer had to chase after gazelles all day every day.
>>
>>27708260
Oh fuck you caught me.
They're not in the basement, they're on Mars!
>>
>>27708956

Stupid is what stupid does - Forrest Gump, or something.

You can argue whether it is because sub-saharan Africa had few connections to the rest of the world compared to for example Europe or China or whether it is because Africans are stupid or if it is both.

But the fact still stands, sub-saharan Africans never progressed further than pointy sticks and grass skirts, as we all can witness in the glorious British museum in London.
>>
>>27708956
Maybe it was too hot for them to even bother.
>>
>>27709089
But a few thousand miles north where it was basically just as hot you have the cradle of civilization and the most ancient empires on earth
>>
>>27709111
river water, trips nigga
>>
>>27709007
This doesn't account for Sub-Saharan African kingdoms that did exist however. How do you explain them?
>>
>>27709305
Well nigga I don't profess to be an anthropologist by any stretch of the imagination. All I can say is that civilization arises due to a certain confluence of factors that make it necessary or advantageous. I don't think anyone can say they know exactly what all of those factors are.
>>
File: Keel-billed_toucan_woodland.jpg (83 KB, 1024x720) Image search: [Google]
Keel-billed_toucan_woodland.jpg
83 KB, 1024x720
>>27708060
Dinosaurs literally do live and they're all over the place.

Pic related, a bone fide scientific dinosaur. It's not a conspiracy, there's probably some dinosaurs fucking around right in front of your house.
>>
File: 1460029065550.jpg (181 KB, 1610x408) Image search: [Google]
1460029065550.jpg
181 KB, 1610x408
Seriously why can't niggers do anything?
>>
File: forest qt.jpg (260 KB, 807x669) Image search: [Google]
forest qt.jpg
260 KB, 807x669
>>27707678
Here is how the world will end:

The 3rd world will keep breeding and breeding, and the cucks incharge of the 1st world nations will continue to let them in.
They will still keep breeding, eventually becoming the majority, contributing nothing except violence and destruction.
Eventually they will take over the world, due to sheer numbers, and the amount of cucks and sjws.
China will be one of the last nations to remain niggerless, but with nobody buying anything from them (because the whole world has now devolved into the african desert and muslims fighting) they will descend into poverty, fighting off the invasion of the niggers and mudslims until they finally are defeated and the entire world is niggers and mudslimes. Which will then either die out from starvation and/or kill eachother.

And that is how the world will end.
I take comfort that all the cucks and sjws will be raped to death and at that brief moment will think "why did we do this? why didn't we listen? these animals truly can't be incorporated into modern society" before being literally ripped apart by a pack of niggers, who then continue to shove every chunk of their flesh they can hold onto their dicks and thrusting until orgasm.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.