[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going To A Dance At My Uni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: normies.jpg (52 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
normies.jpg
52 KB, 440x440
So robots, I'm pretty much on the verge of switching over to the neet life and giving up, but I have a little hope left. I'm going to go to some stupid mixer/dance thing over at a place on campus as a last try.

I know this is probably the worst place to ask, but what the hell do I do? None of my few friends are going and I'll be alone. I really want to go before I give up, though. If I'm alone, how do I not look like a creep? And how do I ask a qt to dance?

Anyway, suggestions appreciated, including things any of you anons have done to fuck up you want to warn against. Thank you all in advance.
>>
>>27706350
Honestly don't do it dude...if you don't have a social life already there are better ways to find one. but going to a place where you don't know anyone is just going to make you miserable
>>
>>27706350
>Going To A Dance At My Uni
DO NOT
>>
Going alone isn't exactly going to be easy even for a socialite. That's humans bro. But if you do go then meet people as quick as possible. Best openers are things pulled from the environment. Think F.O.R.D. but more like R.O.D.F.
>>
>>27706350
It's a trap, those things are only cool if you allready have a girlfriend, you would be better off even hitting the gym. More chance of getting laid, cheaper and more friendly people.
>>
>>27706350
just get drunk by yourself and chain smoke.
>>
>>27706443
Think if it as a concept.

>what do you like to do
>what do you have to do
>what would you rather do

Get em to talk about themselves m8
>>
>>27706424
>>27706430
Thanks, but as I said, I'm set on this. It means a lot to me. This is something that's going to be hard as fuck for me that will at least give me closure that I tried.

>>27706443
From the environment? So if someone's wearing something stupid for example, comment to someone who looks somewhat approachable on it?

>>27706476
I already do that and it has actually made me more of a shutin

>>27706494
this is really smart, thanks anon
>>
>>27706350
Leave your phone at Home. You will not be awkwardly standing in a corner lurking 4chan, pretending to have friends or be a creep. Instead you will be forced to talk to someone, join a group of people, be active in a conversation...
>>
>>27706522
>at least give me closure that I tried.
You're full of shit. You know this isn't going to work. You're going knowing full well that it's going to suck, and you're going to use that as a justification give up and sit amongst your piss bottles..
>>
>>27706580
I know it sounds like that, anon, but I seriously want to do this. I want to force myself into the world so I can at least know what I'll never have instead of longingly wondering what life is like outside a neet nest.

>>27706548
luckily I used an app to block 4chan until tomorrow from my net, saw it coming a mile away. Thank you though, I am going to talk to people (I don't do anything else on my phone except lurk /r9k/, it isn't a distraction at all without it)
>>
>>27706656
Why are you giving up if you're of uni age? You sound so fucking nostalgic and weary. You sound like an old man talking about the good old days. How old are you? 23? Do you really think you've collected enough life experience to know how the remainder of your life will play out?
>>
>>27706703
I've been older mentally than physically for years now, and I've been on this site since I was in middle school. 25 now. I always looked at the world as some shitty place and frankly, didn't want to get involved. In the beginning, I outcasted myself on purpose because I thought I'd be independent, I'd be better. In reality I was degrading myself, and I didn't realize it until years later. I'm not going to miss an opportunity to be in a cesspool of people I don't know who I can have a fresh start with.
>>
>>27706793
>I've been older mentally than physically for years now
lol...you're real mature for your age I'm sure
>I've been on this site since I was in middle school
great, so you understand how the behaviours and attitudes picked up from this site aren't going to do you any favors in the real world

fuck it dude. go to the party, have a few drinks, I guess see if you can make some friends. just don't grind on any girls without invitations. if you see a few people who seem to be having a lull in their conversation, politely state your intentions and see if they're any fun.

but if it doesn't work out, don't beat yourself up.
>>
>>27706906
Yeah, thanks. I'm really not mature at all, by the way, I just learned a lot faster than other kids. 'wasted potential' meme.
>>
Challenge a lad to pistols at dawn to prove your manlyness
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.