[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw blizzard shuts down nostalrius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 1452871680148.png (162 KB, 543x600) Image search: [Google]
1452871680148.png
162 KB, 543x600
>tfw blizzard shuts down nostalrius
>>
Except that didn't happen and it's not possible.
>>
>>27705296
>Except that didn't happen and it's not possible.
they already sent the C&D bruh
>>
>tfw too undisciplined/lazy to level on vanilla
>>
>>27705260
>nostalrius
it's shit though
>>
>>27705260
>blizzard shuts down nostalrius

Blizzard is the shittiest game company next to EA.

Top 2 shitty titty awful fucking corporate ass-bags that every disgraced planet Earth. How people can go to work there and feel even a modicum of self respect is beyond me.

It's the whore lounge and hooker prostitute central of gaming.
>GOT THE MONEY? WE'LL MAKE IT AND SHAKE IT FOR YOU BABY!

fuck em.
>>
File: 1454021257382.jpg (100 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1454021257382.jpg
100 KB, 500x382
>>27705396
>Top 2 shitty titty awful fucking corporate ass-bags
holy shit my sides
>>
File: Y4BKIPg.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Y4BKIPg.webm
1 MB, 640x640
Nostralius was blizzard, the developers came out of nowhere.
>>
>>27705296
>Steal a companys entire idea (previous version), use there software
>Make money from it
>Not possible
>>
>>27705396
agreed. resuming boycott sub routines.
>>
so just go over to kronos. i played a lot on pretbc servers years ago, now i am disgusted by the thought. there's nostalgia and then there's fucking pathetic, and that's pretbc servers
>>
I swear nost is behind the gold selling
>>
>>27705549

Blizzards fault for being a bunch of fuckboys and ruining the game without keeping vanilla servers.
>>
>>27705260
How fucking hard is it for blizzard to keep open servers for each expansion and if you don't want to go to the next expansion you don't have to
>>
File: Thisismyonlytalent.jpg (16 KB, 326x155) Image search: [Google]
Thisismyonlytalent.jpg
16 KB, 326x155
>>27705745
Vanilla wasn't a good expansion. If I wasn't 14 when it came out without a care in the world, and never experiencing anything similar it wouldn't have been good. I grinded for days, and it wasn't even a fun grind. Sure most my memories are positive, as thats how memories work. You forget killing X mob with shitty respawn times for an entire day.

I still play with friends who i've had for 9 years now, we meet up in real life occasionally, I predominantly mythic raid and the raiding scene is infinitely better than how it was in vanilla.

>inb4 you thought 40man raiding was good
>>
File: rip.jpg (131 KB, 909x865) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
131 KB, 909x865
>>27705296
So glad I decided to quit around level 40 some months ago, this shit's heartbreaking for the people that were playing 16 hours a day
>>
>>27705847
40 mans were more cool than good, minus some AQ40 and Naxx stuff. Back when all classes were pretty clunky and assy and no one really knew what the fuck they were doing~ was more of an experience than great gameplay. Personally I think TBC was the pinnacle of challenging / fun raids if you were in guilds good enough to progress through content before the next patch came along and ruined the encounters
>>
>>27705847
it was amazing for it's time. The vast open map was only made better by the sheer volume of lore surrounding it.
>>
>>27705847
>Vanilla wasn't a good expansion.

lolwut

Vanilla wasn't even an expansion.
>>
>>27706064
came here to say that..
anyway I made acc on nostalrius in january , have a mage, and people that complain about grinding and shit just dont get it
hint :
>wpvp
>>
>>27706008
They were a spectacle like no other, but it was a ballache, as was farming res gear, I liked the challenge it added, but you couldn't reasonably expect 39 others to be as commited as a 14 year old doing badly academically. Which lead to cancelled nights which were not fun. TBC was fun, but it had it's problems, I feel like if M'uru wasn't in TBC i'd have fonder memories of it. But it killed 3 of the guilds I was progressing with (Which at the time "good" raiding guilds weren't common, even on higher pop servers)

>>27706030
I'm not going to argue it had tons of content, similar to Black Desert, and as a huge fan of WC I loved the lore. But the gameplay mechanics were not good.

>>27706064
Fine then Vanilla WoW as the base game was not as good, in comparison to it's later expansions.
>>
>>27706127
This goy knows.

World PvP is what made vanilla good, it was the fact that grinding a mob for 2 hours had to be defended and kill a dozen ally fags.

It was being a rogue in vanilla, ambush+coldblood evis a gnome mage at stranglethorn netingwarys camp until he hearthed at the graveyard (also spawncamped him) and then snuck into lagforge to kill him at the inn he hearhted to.

That. Was. Warcraft.

This is not.
>>
>>27706226
>>27706127

>World PvP is what made vanilla good

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner folks.
>>
>>27706226
this
flying mounts killed wpvp
arena is for retards
anything after tbc doesnt even deservers mention
trump for prez
/thread
>>
>>27705260

nostalrius sucks come to dalran wow.
>>
>>27705847
>and it wasn't even a fun grind

This is a lie. One of the reasons WoW was better than any other MMO was because grinding was as horrible as every other Korean-tier gookgrind that was made up till that point.

The only way to make an MMO good, is to make the grinding good, else people are going to quit after a few months.
>>
>>27706319
was because grinding wasn't as horrible*
>>
>>27705807

that's what i kept telling my 1 and only friend left (internet friend)

who every mmo has done it wrong by forcing players to the new expansion if they were ready or not, it's fucking retarded
>>
>>27706340
It depends what you define as horrible. I played a game called Conquer Online 1.0.

Grinding in that was you literally went to the "leveling zone", you killed mobs in zone A until X level, moved to zone B. Ect, until max level. It knew grinding could never be fun and linearised it. You had goals and knew you were doing it correctly. Then when you hit max level all there was was pvp. Afaik the game is now a pay2win korean piece of shit. But I preferred the grind in that to WoW. Excluding a few zones in Vanilla leveling wasn't that fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 960x540
>>27706270
I remember when arenas were first added. It tore the entire world pvp system apart.

At first, Black Mountain was like the probing ground in both PVE and PvP, you had to be a good player to even find it, then get there, do the quests and open it. And finally, you had to fight your god damned way to an instance location you shared with allyfags who constantly tried to wreck your shit.

You never gave a second thought to "oh I should be polite and let these pricks get the good gear and let their healer arrive there easily.

You really wanted to ruin their night for spawn camping your shit at level 35 in the hinterlands. You wanted to deathcoil their shit as hard as possible and fight for every god damned thing.

The thing I miss most though, was the one time when we had 5 40 man raids on our side at Tarren Mills vs Southshore. There were over 500 fucking people there screaming and killing eachother non stop all night just for the fun of fighting. Thats what war is. Its fun.

Ill always remember the rogue mansion, and ganking the fuck out of some dweeb there a dozen times and grinding faction rep to be able to by fadeleaf as my blond reagent.

>2005 was over 10 years ago.

>over 10 years ago

>10 years

>10
>>
'jews' who are really interdimensional alien invader entities are behind the shitting up of all online games

> because they want the goy herde to play real life and marry and reproduce as well as go to work
>>
>>27706481
bro i would literally hug you right now...
this is really depressing. There is like 1500 ppl online... world is in chaos. They killed my only sanctuary.
>>
File: 1451556278611.jpg (32 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
1451556278611.jpg
32 KB, 545x362
>tfw you go to a major city during prime-time playing hours and you're the only 1 there

I quit during Cata but that was an awful feel
>>
personally I think the questing to lvl 60 was the best in nostalrius.Reading the quests, grouping up with people do to hard quests, making friends along the way, it was all such a good experience.It's very disappointing.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.