[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I took some advice from some robots here and suggested to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1423101673405.png (430 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423101673405.png
430 KB, 500x375
So I took some advice from some robots here and suggested to my fiance that we get a prenup and I tell her it's to protect both of us

now she hasn't talked to me for about 3 days, did I fuck up?
>>
>>27704079

sounds like you foiled her plans
>>
>>27704079
No, you did good. You outed her as a golddigger
>>
>>27704123
>>27704135
This. Smart move, OP.
>>
>>27704135
>>27704123
im not rich at all, it just seemed like a good idea at the time cause it makes a break-up clean

but fuck, i really do love her. We have dated for 3 years already
>>
>>27704155

there is absolutely nothing wrong with a prenup

Marriage is meant to be about commitment

If she has a problem with a prenup its about her personal issues with your finances
>>
>>27704079
You just saved yourself.
>>
>>27704196
if it's about commitment, why would OP make a plan in case they break up?

that's like predicting a break up
>>
inb4 she pulls some bullshit like a rape accusation to get out of the relationship
>>
>>27704227
an engagement isn't legally binding
>>
>>27704212
What's wrong with predicting a break-up? Statistically he'd be right.

>inb4 feelings
>>
>>27704212

please never gamble or invest
>>
File: 1298369359910.jpg (80 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
1298369359910.jpg
80 KB, 600x563
tell her you are just preparing for the worst, like how getting a fire alarm doesnt mean you think you're going to burn the house down, it's just in case

>tfw your gf doesnt want to get married so you dont have to worry about all this bs
>>
>>27704282
>marriage is a gamble
>>
She is unreasonable if she cannot see why you would want to do it. Wait for her to get over it, and if she doesn't, you dodged a bullet.
>>
>>27704079
Forget about all the love and shit. I know loads of men who were destroyed by divorce. These were men with nearly a million net worth, on big salaries. Now they will enjoy their retirement in shitty areas in a shitty house while their ex wives piss away their 50% on holidays, meals out, makeovers and other men. In 2016, you really shouldn't be getting married without a prenup.
>>
>>27704212
>>27704295

A . What percentage of marriages end in divorce? In the United States, researchers estimate that 40% 50% of all first marriages.
will end in divorce or permanent separation.56 The risk of divorce is even higher for.
second marriages, about 60%.
>>
>>27704238
it's emotionally binding
>>
File: 1440526547286.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1440526547286.png
339 KB, 680x680
You dodged a bulle...

>my fiancee

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee sage this shit
>>
>>27704295
Explain to me how it isn't.
>>
>>27704295
50/50 chance that you'll get a divorce somewhere down the line. So that's a 50% chance of losing half your money. The only redeeming feature of marriage is that you can get legitimate sons, but even that isn't guaranteed. Marriage is a massive risk, hence why people don't do it.
>>
>>27704079
This should be a telltale sign to you.
>>
>>27704307

I'll do you one better; why bother getting married if you need to take these precautions in the first place, and when marriage offers little reward relative to co-habitation, and with massive legal risk?
>>
File: Scrooge McDuck.jpg (35 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Scrooge McDuck.jpg
35 KB, 600x337
>>27704312

>financially binding for the guy

ftfy
>>
File: Jewing Intensifies.gif (799 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
Jewing Intensifies.gif
799 KB, 208x200
>>27704312

this comment is original in its originality
>>
>>27704817
To carry on the family name and general pressure from parents. If people aren't bothered by these things then definitely don't get married. As you said, what does marriage offer a man that a girlfriend doesn't?
>>
>>27704307
Getting married in general is a shitty idea, prenups are usually thrown out

don't tell that whore that OP
>>
File: New Nobility.png (239 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
New Nobility.png
239 KB, 600x399
>>27705143

>To carry on the family name

This isn't game of thrones, dipshit. Besides, at least one person in your direct line is a product of cuckoldry anyway.

>general pressure from parents

The generation that destroyed the old order socio-sexual contract now wants men to fulfill their end of it, while women don't? Golly fuckin gee.
>>
yea she's going to try and turn this around by saying shit like "HOW COULD YOU EVER THINK I WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO YOU" and start going down all the typical emotional tangent routes.

don't fall for it. don't fall for any of it. if she wasn't a gold digger she would sign it without hesitation. if anything it shows she cares more about you than your money. obviously she doesn't.
>>
>>27704295
>implying it isn't
50% chance of losing all of your shit
Yeah no thanks
>>
>>27704079
>take advice from robots
But anyway, it's best you did this if she doesn't talk to u anymore it just proves she wanted it money
As long as you're not desperate for a gf (since u have a fiance I assume not) you should be alright
Could be a misunderstanding though so explain her the situation
>>
>>27704079
no, you just avoided years of unhappiness
>>
>>27704079
>brother gets engaged
>bring up a prenup to protect both of them
>his fiancee gets pissed at me and doesn't let him talk to be for 2-3 weeks
>she makes more money than him and had way fewer sexual partners and relationships anyways, so a prenup benefits him
>she still keeps making fun of me and my "virgin waifu" I'm waiting for apparently
women are so shit
>>
>>27705427
>this isn't game of thrones
I know, this is real life. If you had a father during your teenage years you would realize the immense but often subtle pressure that's put on you to find a girl that you can marry. Even in the 21st century dads want their sons to marry and have children golly fuckin gee.
>>
>>27704079
>did I fuck up?
No, you did good.

find a youtube video or some shit with a strong independent woman explaining why women should have prenups, she'll eat that shit up
>>
You did good OP, you did good, you foiled her plans, good work.
>>
>>27705143
Normies are weird.
>>
>>27706052
My dad didn't but also he didn't seem that surprised when I came out as trans, but I'm pretty sure he just didn't care much. Maybe it's true for some people especially people from more traditional cultures like latin or asian people, but it's really lost a lot of importance in the western world.
>>
>>27704079
a prenup doesnt necessarily protect you, judges in some cases have thrown it out
>>
Prenups are useless, they don't apply if you get a divorce, which is why most men get them in the first place. Have a wedding but don't get legally married and ensure all purchases and taxes are done under your name. There is no downside and you get all the advantages of being single. Just claim to be Christian if she pushes it. Christains are strongly against marriage because it violates the 1st commandment.
>>
>>27707033
U wot m8? What on earth are you talking about??
>>
>>27707362

Its all in the post. What part confused you? Prenup is short for prenuptial, y'know, Internet slang and shit.
>>
It is a man's job to care for a woman, if you cannot provide that then she should probably leave.
>>
>>27707033
>Christains are strongly against marriage because it violates the 1st commandment.

wat
>>
>>27707712
t. golddigging whore
>>
why are you getting married after only 3 years of dating
>>
>>27704311
For third marriages the divorce rate is even higher, I think it's about 75%
>>
>>27707750

Marriage is a legally binding contract. Instead of promising God that she'll love you 5evr it's promising your government she'll love you until she decides she would rather take half your shit then fuck other guys. Christains believe God is above even the president. This is also why good people are against fag marriage . Marriage is a rite, not a right. If you dedicate your religious ceremony to someone who isn't God or de it in a way that violates his commands you are sinning.
>>
>>27704079
she's been consulting her lawyer obviously
>>
>>27707947
>she would rather take half your shit then fuck other guys.

Not necessarily in that order.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.