[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Make a friend on /r9k/, ends up being a girl. >Message
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10
File: 1448775124871.jpg (99 KB, 850x601) Image search: [Google]
1448775124871.jpg
99 KB, 850x601
>Make a friend on /r9k/, ends up being a girl.
>Message for a few months, get along really well, confide everything in her.
>One day messages suddenly stop.
>Try messaging her a few times to no avail.
>Months pass, really miss her.
>Know emailing her won't work.
>Look up stuff I know about her to try to find a way to contact her.
>Pretty sure I found where she works.
>Realize this is starting to stray into dangerous/creepy territory.
>Stop.

What am I supposed to do here? I just want closure. I'm worried about her, I don't even know if she's alive or okay. There was no indication whatsoever that anything was wrong.

I wouldn't have any problem letting this go if I thought she didn't want to talk to me or she told me to fuck off, but she just vanished and not knowing hurts.
>>
>>27703769

I stopped talking to you for a reason, please leave me alone
>>
>>27703819
That would probably be easiest for me if it were true. I'm just paranoid and worry she got herself killed somehow.
>>
File: 1455908936836.jpg (73 KB, 543x549) Image search: [Google]
1455908936836.jpg
73 KB, 543x549
>>27703769
> Make a friend on /r9k/, ends up being a girl.
> ends up being a girl.
> girl

There's your first problem, anon. Don't trust attention whores
>>
>>27703769
She left because she realized that getting attention from an autistic sperg isn't as nice as she thought.
>>
>>27703769
She found someone more interesting than you. She doesn't need you any more.

Discarded like a piece of garbage; that's fate.
>>
>>27703892
I didn't find out she was a girl until after we started talking though...

>>27703904
Maybe. We talked for a long time though, I thought we were pretty close. Maybe that's just me being dumb.
>>
Say something specific about the girl please not me
>>
>>27703769
>>Make a friend on /r9k/

That's the problem. I've seen plenty of threads about making friends on /r9k/ and many of them are like yours, no matter the genders.
>>
>>27703943
I still feel like she would have told me as much... Not knowing is killing me more than anything. I would be upset but I could deal if she just told me that.

>>27703971
I doubt it's you. As for specific... If you were her you'd probably just be getting ready for work.
>>
She probably took pity on you but couldn't handle the burden of listening to your whining day in and day out.
>>
>>27703769
>What am I supposed to do here? I just want closure.

too bad, you learned your lesson

women are cowards, she will never say anything to you ever again no matter how much you beg

they are all like this, the next one you find will do the same exact thing
>>
>>27703769
I know exactly how you feel anon. This girl I was talking to suddenly disappeared for months without even texting, and I spent all that time worrying and considered sending her a goodbye note saying how I felt betrayed that she couldn't even dignify me with a response. Turns out she was going through a lot of personal shit and she just likes to isolate herself when things are bad.

The best thing you can do is try to move on with your life instead of worrying if she's dropped you forever or whatnot. You have to look out for yourself since you know you can't do anything for her if she's going through something. She probably hasn't just forgotten about you considering you both confided in each other about stuff. And if she ends up resurfacing your first reaction won't be to blow up at her, too.
>>
>>27704011
>and many of them are like yours, no matter the genders.
Care to elaborate? Do you mean they just disappear?

>>27704022
Nada, we talked about some weird stuff but neither of us really whined.

>>27704031
Yikes. That's an unpleasant thought. I don't have any intention of begging, I just want to know what happened. If she just lost interest in fine with it. I just need to know.
>>
>>27704073
Also, don't listen to /r9k/ trying to make your insecurities worse. You don't know what's going on with her, there's no need to imagine the worst and chances are it's less serious than you think.
>>
Liar, there are no girls on /r9k/, only cetaceans and transsexuals.
>>
>>27704073
>>27704098
Thanks! That's solid advice, I don't really hold it against her. I can't imagine it's intentional. But if anything that makes me worry more that something happened to her.

I think of her on and off but this is the first time I've been really worked up. A close relative just passed and she's the first person I want to talk to when I feel crummy. I'm the past we'd talk about random stuff and I know it would cheer me up.
>>
>>27704158
>Liar, there are no girls on /r9k/, only cetaceans and transsexuals.
Maybe she was one of the two all along, guess I'll never know.
>>
>>27704185
>I'm the past we'd talk about random stuff and I know it would cheer me up.
What was she like? Can you tell us a bit more about her?
>>
>>27703873
>I'm just paranoid and worry she got herself killed somehow.
Maybe she did. So what? She's gone either way. That's just the risk you run with internet friendships. Sooner or later you're going to get ghosted.
>>
>>27704185
No problem, your situation just reminds me a lot of my own. I always talk to her when I feel like shit and it always turns into us laughing about stupid shit. In return I always tried to help her with her issues even though she doesn't open up easily about them like I do. Now she's my gf
>>
>>27704089
>Care to elaborate? Do you mean they just disappear?
Yes. There are plenty of people here who "lost" their skype/steam friends this way.
When I was younger I used to do this as well. It's just this strange feeling pestering you all the time when you are friends with someone, so one day you just give up and dissapear. It has nothing to do with you, it's probably just some kind of mental illness. For some reason I'm just happy being alone. I stopped making friends to spare them from suffering and when I feel a need to talk with someone I can always go and post here for a while and then dissapear into anonymity.
I still feel bad everytime I see threads like these because I remember how many people I made suffer like this. At the time I didn't even realise that. I'm sorry.
>>
>>27704290
Yeah I can share a bit, although it's hard to put into words. She's a bit of an oddball, she always had a very unique line of thinking. She would go on huge tangents explaining why she thought things were the way they were and always had the strangest stories. In terms of what I notice I'm very one dimensional but she tends be the opposite. It felt like every time I talked to her about something I learned a new way to think about that thing.

We used to share secrets too, as confidants. I knew all about her life, family, and all the things that nobody else should and vice-versa.

We just felt close, she was always reliable and warm but had no problem arguing with me if she thought I was wrong or poking fun at me. It just felt really natural to interact with her.
>>
>>27704496
Did she ever get mad at you?
>>
>>27704336
That's a viscous truth. Respect for telling it how it is. Not exactly tender but I probably need to hear that. I'll be more careful in the future.

>>27704433
I'm so glad it worked out for you! Yeah that sounds just like us, no matter what went wrong we could rely on each other to just be there and make life seem less awful. Make sure to good care of her if she makes you that happy!

>>27704480
Ah so that's how you mean it. Yeah that's tough I didn't really think of it from that kind of perspective. I really just wish she had said "I need to be alone" or something to that effect. But in your case it doesn't sound intentional, I'm sure they'd forgive you.
>>
>>27704579
Depends how you define mad. She wasn't really the type to get heated, she tended to be very logical. So when she was "mad" she would just rip my logic apart and explain it like I was a child. Heated would be a better word.
>>
>>27704687
Oops she wasn't the type to get hot-headed but she did her very heated. Amazing typography on my part.
>>
>>27704687
she doesn't like you. if she did, she would know how to get in touch with you since you're probably very available. she stopped talking to you because nobody likes to have that conversation and it's easier to just stop all communication than to confront you.

it's either that, or she is dead.
>>
>>27704772
Yeah I suppose that's probably the case. I just can't reconcile it, I thought we were really close. It really felt like we shared a lot of intimate stuff together. I never got the impression she didn't enjoy talking together. I kind of just want to know but I guess I probably never will.

Thanks for listening though, I actually feel a bit better just talking about it. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>27704687
>So when she was "mad" she would just rip my logic apart and explain it like I was a child. Heated would be a better word.
Can you give me an example? Or better yet, show me one from the chat log?
>>
>>27703769

Same thing is happening to me right now, it's been a week already. I miss her immensely.
>>
>>27703769
>I just want closure.
She used you.

Case closed.
>>
>>27705043
>I miss her immensely.
Can you tell me a bit about her? What was she like?
>>
>>27704934
Not the anon you're replying to, but from how you're describing her I think she would be very receptive if you straight out told her that you like her, and would like to know if she feels the same. It sounds like you guys had a good level conversation so I think being straightforward and laying out how this made you feel is the best way to go. I think she is probably going to talk to you again, but as I said before it's not worth fretting over.

Have you guys ever met up?
>>
Same. Met a girl here, messaged with her a bit, suddenly she stopped replying. Decided to just leave it. Logged back into the email i used. Couple months passed, no reply. Sent her an email asking why she stopped replying, that she could just tell me if she didnt want to talk. Months passed again, no answer. Decided to just leave it, people like this clearly have some social issues and i dont feel like pushing them or guilt tripping them is the right thing to do.
>>
File: 1459963042985.jpg (145 KB, 624x950) Image search: [Google]
1459963042985.jpg
145 KB, 624x950
>>27705081

Same hobbies, same fucked up stuff happened to us, understood me perfectly, we talked almost 24/7 for months, I felt like I could just be myself with her, she is the only girl I can talk about sex and shit. I love her and she admitted liking me too but she was just too far away and I have no means to move to her country yet. We didn't talked since Saturday, she doesn't respond. Messages are hanging at sent on kik and she doesn't respond at skype too. I check my phone every 5 minutes to see if you messages got delivered or if she read them but nope. She is the only girl I clicked perfectly in 26 years and I'm %100 sure I'm not gonna meet anyone like her in future. I'm more depressed and hopeless than I ever was in past right now, I just can't stop thinking about her.
>>
>>27705035
Well she was usually a bit of a marshmallow, she really didn't have much for a temper, the best example of her getting mad was probably when I was being irresponsible. There were a couple family issues that I didn't handle very well and she was just extremely forthright and told me what I already knew deep down but very bluntly. It's hard to explain and the logs are way too personal, sorry.
>>
>>27703769
she ghosted you, get over it
>>
>>27705210
>It's hard to explain and the logs are way too personal, sorry.
Alright. I'm just fairly sure I know her too.
>>
>>27705192
(Not OP) Anon, it's only been a week, that's nothing. Give her time and don't let your imagination get the best of you. I've gone over a month without hearing anything and our relationship is perfectly fine, we're both just introverted and need lots of space to deal with our lives occasionally.
>>
>tfw this could be me
>tfw i haven't moved on
>tfw i just sit too scared to try and reconnect because i've left it too late
odds are i'm not the girl you were talking to, but i'm sorry nonetheless
i'm just as miserable as you are
>>
>>27705043
Yeah it's pretty rough, 1 week could just be something small though! Wait and see.

>>27705060
Used me for what exactly?

>>27705091
We had discussed meeting up but only vaguely, she's a bit far but might be taking a vacation nearby so we were going to meet then if ever. We touched on romance a bit but distance was a bit off an issue.
>>
>>27705276

She's introverted as hell too but I can't help it. I feel anxious and depressed as fuck when I can't talk to her, even seeing a simple good morning message from her makes my day x10000 brighter and I feel like I can do anything.
>>
>>27705276
>I've gone over a month without hearing anything and our relationship is perfectly fine
what the fuck am i reading
>>
>>27705192
This is an amazing picture
>tfw no Xan+alcohol fembot gf
>>
>>27705191
I wish I could just leave it too. :/

>>27705266
Really? Any chance I'd recognise you then? I vaguely know of most of the other people she talked to.

>>27705288
Even if it isn't me just know that I'm sure he would love to hear from you no matter how long it's been or how awkward it is. If it would make you happy you should try!
>>
>>27705318
People's relationships move at different paces. Neither of us are the type to share every single detail about our lives and whenever we talk and meet up the romance is just the same as it's ever been.
>>
>>27705416
>Really? Any chance I'd recognise you then? I vaguely know of most of the other people she talked to.
I have no idea if she would talk about me. I can't be completely sure anyway, but everything you've said so far fits and she did the same to me.
>>
>>27703769
>'m worried about her, I don't even know if she's alive or okay
No you're not, just your half hearted excuse to be a creepy fuck and continue stalking her.
>>
>>27705584
Ah how long ago did she stop talking to you? This is increasing my concern that she's not so much okay.

She's pretty amazing though.
>>
>>27705602
I hadn't really thought of her in the past few months. Is it that weird to worry about her after so long when we were so close?

Admittedly I got a bit carried away but it was pretty spur of the moment, where I kinda had the feeling she might not be okay and really wanted to check somehow.
>>
>>27705698
Long ago. About a year ago. She is indeed amazing.
>>
>>27705791
Ah. It wasn't quite so long ago for me. But after this thread I'm pretty sure I will not be hearing from her again.

Kinda sucks to never know for sure what happened. But it was certainly worth my time, can't imagine I'll ever find a girl as interesting as her again.

Thanks again for hanging around and talking, I think I'll be okay with not knowing now, I certainly feel a lot better just talking about her with someone else. I didn't realize quite how I thought/felt about her until I had to explain her to someone else. Much love anon!
>>
File: 1417830408241.jpg (68 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
1417830408241.jpg
68 KB, 500x676
>>27705192
absence makes the heart grow fonder

if she eventually replies i suggest saying something like
"welcome back"
"what did you get up to"
or
"omg where have you been i missed you soooo much" - scratch that one.

in short. avoid letting it be known how much her absence affected you and suffer quietly (it builds character). the last thing anybody wants to feel is that they are responsible for you trying to kill yourself or your life being shit because they aren't around anymore.

you basically hold onto them to make your life better and make yourself feel good while not letting them know they are. once they feel responsible for your happiness they will run.

the flags to look for to prove my point are when they start asking how you feel about them or if they make you happy and all that other nonsense.

keep in mind letting them know you enjoy chatting to them because its fun or they seem cool and commenting on other aspects of their personality is nice curve ball for them at this point. but i must reiterate do not make them feel responsible for your quality of life because it puts pressure on them and makes them scared.

thank you for listening to my speech.
>>
>>27705979

She already has a boyfriend, I don't know why she told me she loves me too because she has to intention of being with me. She probably doesn't give a shit about me anymore or just ghosting me because she's the first person I was this close with in 12 years and I acted clingy as fuck and suffocated her. Even with all this shit I still can't stop thinking about her, she's the only girl I didn't came to despise and hate in all these years. God I'm a fucking retard, someone just end my existence.
>>
>>27705979
>absence makes the heart grow fonder

Maybe for men but not for women. Women can carry on and not even blink.
>>
File: 1413387887403.jpg (266 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
1413387887403.jpg
266 KB, 1400x1000
>>27706078
>i love you
>im just not IN love with you

every-fucking-time
>>
>>27703769
Females ARE NOT your friend just like how
SNAKES AND SPIDERS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND
>>
File: 388639950581.jpg (53 KB, 700x690) Image search: [Google]
388639950581.jpg
53 KB, 700x690
>>27706119
generally thats true but there are exceptions, and they're the ones we are searching for anon, no matter how rare they are, they are out there.

>>27706205
most are, see above.
>>
>>27703769
as soon as she found out that she couldn't leech off you she found another loser provider to give her free money

just move on you fucking loser kys
>>
>tfw nice russian nurse girl talked to me for a few days then never logged on again
>she initiated contact all times and being an autist I barely reciprocated and accidentally ignored her sometimes
>pretty sure she didn't delete me since her account still shows only a tiny number of contacts
>still keep her as a contact in case she comes online again ever
she was nice
>>
>>27706309
Doesn't make sense. I never gave her any money so why hang around for months? And at that point why not just stick it out? I'm in my last semester of school for one of the highest paying STEM majors.

That's the one thing I'm sure it wasn't.
>>
File: 1440489070198.gif (220 KB, 280x199) Image search: [Google]
1440489070198.gif
220 KB, 280x199
>>27706463
>STEM majors
>STEM

THERES YOUR PROBLEM
I"D HAVE LEFT TOO
>>
>>27706528
What decent major isn't STEM? Science in this case BTW.
>>
>>27703769
i dont want to encourage stalking, but if i was in your situation, i would probably try. i would NOT show up at her house, but, if i knew where she worked i might park myself across the street or something, maybe wear a hat and sunglasses, pretend to read a newspaper, and see if you can catch a glimpse of her going in or out of the building. just so you can know shes actually alive still. but i wouldnt go any further than that.
>>
>>27703892
What are you a faggot?
And this original btw
>>
>>27707142
Yeah that's exactly it, I don't intend to get in contact with her. If she's totally fine I'll know she doesn't want anything to do with me and respect that. But I can't stand not even knowing if she's still alive, it was really sudden.
>>
>>27706205
>her bf
you are a beta orbiter.
>>
She's just another narcopath OP.

Almost all of the girls trolling/lurking on this shitty fucking board are too. Stop looking for love on 4chan unless you're prepared to have your entire life fucked up by them.
>>
Its just a thing that happens with insecure girls and beta guys. Relationships like these are best forgotten about as theres nothing you can do, move on, spend your energy sorting out oyur life instead.
>>
That being said I do know someone who managed to get brtually stalked by his internet gf, you probably missed a bullet.
>>
>>27703769

Betas like you aren't welcome here.
>>
>>27708617

It can happen to any type of guy. Beta or otherwise. Any male who is capable of showing emotion or empathy can be hurt by these kind of girls.

A normal girl will talk about problems and not compulsively lie or pretend to be something they're not. A normal girl will not just disappear after a close bond has been formed between two people or try to make you seem like the crazy one after their entire personality changes once they've found a new source to fulfil their narcissistic fix and no longer need you.

Any man can be fooled by this. There are a few narcopathic males on this board too so it's not strictly a female thing but it's almost always a female NPD dropping male friends on 4chan. Like 95% of the time.
>>
>>27703769
I know that feel anon. Same thing happened to me except i'm a girl and he's a guy. Not sure if he offed himself or just got sick of me. Either way I miss him very much and wish him the best.
>>
File: 1459705584137.gif (269 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1459705584137.gif
269 KB, 720x405
>talking to a girl I met through /r9k/
>talk for a while, she's very nice
>run out of things to say
>get incredibly scared
>wait until she's asleep
>delete + block without saying anything
>>
>>27708769
I wonder if that was me. Was it?
>>
>>27708806
Are you from Europe and does your name start with an L and end in z?
>>
>>27708731
>talking to girl irl
>flirting back and forth for months but she never wants to hang out
>eventually get closer to her, we start hanging out but I'm always inviting
>eventually get even closer and she invites me sometimes
>she heavily implies she's into me in some way
>then one day I find out she's been talking to Chad and wants to fuck him
>i was just for the attention
>call her out on leading me on and being a bitch
>she is "sorry" and tries feebly to remain friends
>tell her I don't hate her but we gotta talk about this shit before we're friends again
>she never tries to talk again
>>
>>27708836
>L and end in z?
What the fuck kind of name is that?
>>
>>27708845
She just wanted you for the attention, anon. Once she realized she couldn't just go back to what she was doing and you wanted to have a real conversation about her bullshit, she lost interest in you.
>>
>>27703769

never stop until you get a definitive answer, never let a woman off the hook. if you have to show up personally at her work place and slam her to the ground to get her attention, do it. dont ever stop.
>>
>>27708451
I really don't want to think that, I still feel like we clicked pretty well. It was a whole different level than my only other "real" relationship before. That being said you're probably right, something like this should've been a concern then I first started talking to her.

>>27708901
That seems like a bit much. I just want to know that she's still alive, if she's okay I can kinda draw my own conclusions.
>>
>>27708901

Crazy bitch detected. Steer clear robots.

What's your kill count anon? How many lives have you ruined? Bonus points if you balance a real relationship with a boyfriend or husband on the side while your fuck other people's lives up.
>>
>>27709027

That's how it always goes with narcopaths OP. It sucks but that's how it goes. All you can do is learn from this experience and move the fuck on. Don't show weakness in front of them, they feed off it, they are fucked up, broken people.
>>
>>27707698
> Tfw you were the one who took 'what are you a faggot?'
>>
You were her beta orbiter. She used you as emotional support and ditched you. Deal with it OP - you ARE the cuck.
>>
>>27709075
Thanks anon, that's probably what I needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear mind you, but I really appreciate it nonetheless. Lesson learned.
>>
>>27703769
>I just want closure

closure is meme. move on.
>>
It happens to everyone, OP. People just stop talking on the internet. I have no idea how many dozens upon dozens of people do it to each other from this website. It's happened to me, it happened to an anon I met on r9k omegle recently, it happens to everyone. Girls seem to do it especially, but this is coming from a male perspective so maybe I'm just biased.

That's the internet. It gives people the ability to drop others at any instant.
>>
>>27709164
If anything I was the one who got emotionally supported. I helped her too but she was kind of my rock. So I'm going to assume that you're probably off base.
>>
>>27709027
Can you give me your Skype or something? I'd like to find out if it's her.
>>
>>27709232
Yup. That seems to be the way of it. But the people I meet online still tend to be more interesting. Guess you can't do much but put yourself out there online and in reality until something works out.
>>
>>27709244
Sure, I have a Skype I use just for 4chan anyways. sherbet8590
>>
I once added people on /r9k/. Never again.

One was a schizophrenic bitch from Israel
Another was an Italian attention whore
And one group had an aussie try to pick uo some other aussie girl but their conversation was so lifeless and awkward I just had to block them all.
>>
>>27709515

I'll admit though, I did meet some fine lads. It was basically an online gentleman's club. No attention whores and no faggots.
>>
>>27709515
Yeah the pickings are pretty slim around here, just as you'd expect. The odds are far more likely to go against you than in your favor it seems.
>>
>>27704020
>I still feel like she would have told me as much... Not knowing is killing me more than anything. I would be upset but I could deal if she just told me that.

But this way if she needs you again for ego stroking you'll be as happy as a puppy to oblige.
>>
>>27703769
My only fem"bot" friend was girl with cerebral palsy.
She had a bf, a degree, and a cool job.
She died in surgery.
She was the only girl that was ever nice to me.
>>
>>27703769
>ends up being a girl
>being this fucking gullible
>>
>>27710107
You got me. She was a girl the whole time. ;)
>>
>>27710166
>being this fucking gullible
>>
>>27709877
I'm fine with that desu

I relied on her a lot for pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>27710195
That or the most convincing trap ever... Still worth desu.
>>
File: 56037267_p0.png (538 KB, 700x988) Image search: [Google]
56037267_p0.png
538 KB, 700x988
>talk to a girl I me through yg r9k threads
>was fine for the first couple days played games
>thing bothered me about me starting the conversation every time
>3days go by without me talking first
>I knew it but tell her I want to talk
>we end up memeing all night
>next 2days it's the same she doesn't talk to me unless I talk first
>she is probably talking to her orbiters "friends"

You will never find a cute girl that isn't an attention whore or without orbiters.
Kristy you a liar.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.